The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublave View Post
FIY all of that stuff is in TI’s user manual. Definitely always check out the user manual.
https://kazrogusa.s3.amazonaws.com/D...User_Guide.pdf
I noticed the quotation marks. No need for the manual if the sound originally did not move me for a deeper 'dive'. I'm being swayed by the usage....not the manual citation. The breakdown of the manual does make me think of how and where I can use it. So I might give it another go.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Can we have linked input and output gain now please?

Everyday, multiple times, I (and countless others I'm sure) are fiddling with those to match them to 0.1dB.

It could be so much easier/faster to use with such a simple update. Big functional/usability gain for very little coding effort. That's the sort of thing that needs prioritising as everyone wins.
A big and resounding YES..!

And for the same reason - bigger numerical values, so fine adjustments can be made without a microscope.

It's all about functionality!

::
Mads
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljung View Post
A big and resounding YES..!

And for the same reason - bigger numerical values, so fine adjustments can be made without a microscope.

It's all about functionality!

Mads
+1000 bigger numerical values, especially for the older generations and those without rescaling
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
+1000 bigger numerical values, especially for the older generations and those without rescaling
We should all have rescaling, but since we don't (up until now) we do need those numbers BIGGER...

Mads
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Not to let developers off the hook but the magnify screen Accessibility feature in macOS is designed for this. I've got tons of plugins (and other apps) with microscopic controls - zoom in and out with ctrl+scroll works a treat. Pretty sure you can do it on Windows too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think 440 is my new mixbus favourite. 456 tape @ 15ip is so good!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think 440 is my new mixbus favourite. 456 tape @ 15ip is so good!
since i while im switching most time between 440 and 24 on the mixbus. both very nice and it depends a little on the source what i like more!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
since i while im switching most time between 440 and 24 on the mixbus. both very nice and it depends a little on the source what i like more!
Yes it's definitely source dependent. Just finished arranging a new track, so it's Silver Bullet channel processing time, but this time I'm going to add IK24 on each channel with 440 on the mixbus, and see what's what :¬)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes it's definitely source dependent. Just finished arranging a new track, so it's Silver Bullet channel processing time, but this time I'm going to add IK24 on each channel with 440 on the mixbus, and see what's what :¬)
over the time i just appriciate that i have all 4 of them. i used all of them already!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hi b0se, i'm curious when you add the IKTapes to each channel do you just load the default and move on or do you take the time to set them up, levels, tape etc on each track? Thank you.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi b0se, i'm curious when you add the IKTapes to each channel do you just load the default and move on or do you take the time to set them up, levels, tape etc on each track? Thank you.
Yes, I set the levels per source. Love the way 456 reacts to being pushed. If I recall correctly it was designed that way, so that's hardly surprising :¬)

I'll make most channels hit -2 to 0 VU, that feels like a saturation sweet spot for 'average' channels. Stuff that needs taming or extra saturation will be pushed into +1 or +2, sometimes +3 if MOAR TAPE is in order

Just remember that tapes have a HP, stick to 80, or even better 99 on low end stuff (synths etc).
Old 6 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yes, I set the levels per source. Love the way 456 reacts to being pushed. If I recall correctly it was designed that way, so that's hardly surprising :¬)

I'll make most channels hit -2 to 0 VU, that feels like a saturation sweet spot for 'average' channels. Stuff that needs taming or extra saturation will be pushed into +1 or +2, sometimes +3 if MOAR TAPE is in order

Just remember that tapes have a HP, stick to 80, or even better 99 on low end stuff (synths etc).
You kno what s cool , using the batch convertor in studio , i normalise then do the sale hit those around 0 vu and re imported everything like it came from a tape , zero plugin from start then in the mix when starting it .... and before you ask , yes i use tapes again in the project after that lol
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
You kno what s cool , using the batch convertor in studio , i normalise then do the sale hit those around 0 vu and re imported everything like it came from a tape , zero plugin from start then in the mix when starting it .... and before you ask , yes i use tapes again in the project after that lol
So you have a batch/script that takes tracks and will play them 1 by 1 through IK tapes, making each one peak at 0VU before it hits IK?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
So you have a batch/script that takes tracks and will play them 1 by 1 through IK tapes, making each one peak at 0VU before it hits IK?
Always fun to decode Jeezo

I think (just think mind you) that he means this:
https://shop.presonus.com/Audio-Batch-Converter
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

After tracking I immediately freeze and flatten every track in Ableton with Tapes. Saves CPU plus I don’t have any of the crashing problems I was having before.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blamejake View Post
Always fun to decode Jeezo

I think (just think mind you) that he means this:
https://shop.presonus.com/Audio-Batch-Converter
Ah thanks. Looks handy, I wonder if Reaper can do something similar.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:

In cubase we can use offline processing also
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:

Thanks man! As always, much appreciated!
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Ah thanks. Looks handy, I wonder if Reaper can do something similar.
You should check out Nebulaman2.for batch processing
http://www.acustica-audio.com/store/products/nebulaman
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

After a few months with this collection I'm committed to Tape 99 on the Drum buss (mixing into it). For uptempo tracks I go with Tape GP9 at 15ips. Mid-tempo 456 at 15ips. Slow tracks 456 at 7.5ips. Loudest parts peaking around -1db.

I buss bass/guitars/synths to Tape 80. Stuck on 456 tape. Loudest parts kissing the red.

For vocals I'll use all the machines. Tape 80 on the lead. Tape 99 on backups. Tape 24 on FX returns. Tape 440 for distortion. I guess there is no going overboard for me with these on vocs!

I tried to bake these in at the tracking level. Just didn't really work for me. Saving them for buss processing never fails. Also I like to automate the EQs to lift a little highs in the chorsus. Automating the bias during a pre-chorus build up can add some suspense!

Just love'em.
Old 15 hours ago
Lives for gear

Anyone getting clicks/pops on Render? I get them with both Reaper and Logic. I've narrowed it down to the newest version of the IK tapes.
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Anyone getting clicks/pops on Render? I get them with both Reaper and Logic. I've narrowed it down to the newest version of the IK tapes.
No, but I've not updated to 4.2.2, and won't be now. Can you roll back?
Old 12 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Haven’t noticed any in Logic (but now I'm worried!).
I’ve only bounced/rendered 44.1 projects with Tapes.
What sample rate are your projects, you work at 96 don't you ?

Last edited by Beatworld; 10 hours ago at 02:14 AM.. Reason: typos, more info
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search