The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Stinking deal! And amazing value.....the Amplitube Leslie is brilliant! And to get 10 free plugs aswell on top is brilliant !
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Peter @ IK is the main man! He came through big time for the customers this year.
Old 13th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
Peter @ IK is the main man! He came through big time for the customers this year.
You guys are going to make me tear up a little!! Must maintain steely resolve...
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Looking at the promo menu.. does Ampeg SVX2 also include 1, or do I have to get it separately?
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Separately.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear
Being an IK customer for many years and having purchased two products this time (AXE I/O and Amplitube Mesa Boogie) that gave me double the promotional points, I now own everything in the promotions list and still have a couple of “available” promo choices but nothing left to choose that I don’t already have.
And that’s okay.
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Maniac

Yeah, I'm really liking the tone of EQ-432, so versatile boost/cut range (all the way to +/-12dB), and good Q adjustment. A must have plugin to get during the group buy imo.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks. I guess thats my question. Is it a plugin you place on the master to give the entire track a "quasi analogue feel" or you just place it on individual tracks where you want the sound/instrument to sound kind of analog.

So I guess it makes most sense to put in on a track that has real acoustic recordings such as acoustic guitar, vocals or mandolin?
What I started doing even before IK Tape was released is I treat a group of instruments like they were recorded at the same time.

For example, I separately record acoustic guitar, tambourine, and acoustic piano. Then I route all three tracks to a bus, and on that bus I put Tape and possibly a console plugin like TG12345. Then I tweak to taste and move on to the next group of tracks.

That allows me to run fewer instances of CPU hogs, but also emulates the way bands used to record - multiple instruments on one track. It helps to glue everything together and creates a more vintage vibe.

Then I will also run a tape plugin of some kind on the main buss to represent the master tape deck. Historically that has been Waves J37 or Slate VTM, and so far I haven't decided if one of IK's offerings will be better on the main buss.
Old 14th September 2019
Lives for gear

So, what do you guys recommend in the 99$ price range? I have clipper, tapes, master match, one, saturator x?
Old 14th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkom View Post
So, what do you guys recommend in the 99$ price range? I have clipper, tapes, master match, one, saturator x?
Depends whether you play guitar and want Amp Sims or whether you just want the stuff from T-Racks5 for mixing and/or mastering etc...
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is what I picked up.

Saturator X
CSR Hall Reverb
CSR Plate Reverb
De-esser
Opto Compressor
Tape Echo
T-RackS Master EQ 432
T-RackS Stealth Limiter
Linear Phase Equalizer
EQual
Brickwall Limiter

So far I have tried the below are think they are really really good. I guess it all depends what sort of tools you need and are looking for.

Tape Echo -- tried it with guitars and was very impressed by what i was able to achieve. its on par with the fulltone stuff but different in its own way.

CSR Plate Reverb -- just sounds really good. i keep it very low setting at maybe 10% or so.

Brickwall Limiter -- really useful when put on a snare and amazed by how much better it was when compared to the softtube limiter included in Komplete.

good luck
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

I advise "One", it is very useful to make quick masters in case you want to try how a track with a short master would sound or if you have to deliver a demo to a client.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by denork View Post
I advise "One", it is very useful to make quick masters in case you want to try how a track with a short master would sound or if you have to deliver a demo to a client.
Pretty sure he said he got 'One'...
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks guys. I'll try some of the suggestions. Don't need the amps.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
This thread has been helpful, but now has me rethinking some of my choices.

Main style is rock/blues, keyboard stuff, guitar vsti's.

I have a few open slots left, and looking for some opinions (I know, everyone has one, just like, well, you know...)

1) I have the British Channel, so any reason to get the White Channel?

2) Was going to get Jimi amplitube pack, but seems like mostly fuzz pedals. Already getting all of the other AT packs except Dimebag and Slash. Should I bag getting Jimi and get one of the other reverbs instead? Thinking of getting CSR Plate already, so which other one if so?

3) Going to get Tape 24, which I hear is good on tracks and 440 which is more geared toward mastering. Any reason to get the 99?

4) I don't have any of the EQ PA/PB/PG/73/81 and wasn't planning on any since I other T-Racks EQ stuff and also EZ-Mix. Any compelling reason to reconsider any of these?

Thanks for indulging my inquiries!

Last edited by jimgue; 15th September 2019 at 07:40 PM..
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimgue View Post

I have a few open slots left, and looking for some opinions (I know, everyone has one, just like, well, you know...)

2) Was going to get Jimi amplitube pack, but seems like mostly fuzz pedals. Already getting all of the other AT packs except Dimebag and Slash. Should I bag getting Jimi and get one of the other reverbs instead? Thinking of getting CSR Plate already, so which other one if so?

3) Going to get Tape 24, which I hear is good on tracks and 440 which is more geared toward mastering. Any reason to get the 99?

4) I don't have any of the EQ PA/PB/PG/73/81 and wasn't planning on any since I other T-Racks EQ stuff and also EZ-Mix. Any compelling reason to reconsider any of these?

I'll add my $0.02 on a couple of your asks.

1. No. The difference between the two is minimal, and the classic SSL interface is 90% of the appeal. I have Waves SSL and Nuendo so I haven't picked up the British Channel, but I use them on every project without fail.

2. I think the Jimi Amplitube is very cool. Lots of weird tones that are very different from one another as well as standard rock tones. If you play/mix much lead guitar, it is a useful tool IMO.

3 and 4. No opinion yet.
Old 15th September 2019
Gear Addict

All tapes are really really good. When u can, get all of them. I use Tape 80 also a lot on the master / mix bus.

I use the 80 the most on the master / mix bus. Sometimes even 80 into 99.
Old 15th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

The Plate is really good. I have been using it a lot since i got it. I can't really comment on the Jimi or Dimebag as I don't have or use them. But of you are making rock guitar tones, just be aware the Amplitube 4 itself is very tweakable and I am able to get tons of rock guitar tones by just mixing the different amps and cabs and mics in bare bones AT4. From what I have seen, AT 4 is what the improvement is, and the Jimi stuff is from the older AT3.(I might be wrong).

Thanks the tapes stuff. Check out a poster named Jeezbo on this thread. He posts some really good responses to his finding with the tapes. Myself have just picked up the 24 but haven't really used it much to make a comment.
Old 16th September 2019
Gear Addict
Quote:

The 99 has a wider bandwidth and is relatively flat compared to the 440 which has a week low end. The 440 is good for an old school sound but no where in the league of the ATR102.
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Hi, does anyone happen to have any links or sources to info on how to do high cut filtering and noise gating with T-Racks 5 tools? I searched the IKM forums and search function is useless. Any logical search returns no results.

I am trying to remove certain frequencies in background noise of a track part. Basically, looking for which software tool in ther collection I can use to create the delta and compare the sound by removing it from master track.

[1] https://www.izotope.com/en/blog/mast...-use-them.html
Old 16th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
You guys are going to make me tear up a little!! Must maintain steely resolve...
I tend to tear up if I yank the hairs out of my nostrils.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is what I picked up.

Saturator X
CSR Hall Reverb
CSR Plate Reverb
De-esser
Opto Compressor
Tape Echo
T-RackS Master EQ 432
T-RackS Stealth Limiter
Linear Phase Equalizer
EQual
Brickwall Limiter

So far I have tried the below are think they are really really good. I guess it all depends what sort of tools you need and are looking for.

Tape Echo -- tried it with guitars and was very impressed by what i was able to achieve. its on par with the fulltone stuff but different in its own way.

CSR Plate Reverb -- just sounds really good. i keep it very low setting at maybe 10% or so.

Brickwall Limiter -- really useful when put on a snare and amazed by how much better it was when compared to the softtube limiter included in Komplete.

good luck
I haven't seen the stealth limiter for $99. I'm wondering if I should keep waiting. I still have 5 or 6 slots to fill.
Old 19th September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaD View Post
I haven't seen the stealth limiter for $99. I'm wondering if I should keep waiting. I still have 5 or 6 slots to fill.
I probably picked up stealth limited in my higher tier. I went in twice. Once at 150 and once at 99
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

EQ 73 is currently $62.99 at esoundz.com which gets you in on the group buy at the $125 tier.

really try to resist this group buy, but its getting harder and harder
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
EQ 73 is currently $62.99 at esoundz.com which gets you in on the group buy at the $125 tier.

really try to resist this group buy, but its getting harder and harder
i don't see that deal - do you have to be logged in?
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
i had to search for eq 73. Then i saw it.
Old 23rd September 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
lol, looks like the deal is gone! saw it 1 hour before ! also on kvr they was talking about it.
Old 23rd September 2019
Using IK Tapes in a professional context requires a lot of time consuming workarounds, due to the high CPU usage and lack of ability to freeze or bounce within a complex session - Please fix your product IK - it's phenomenal in sound and terrible and functionality....
Old 23rd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardtoe View Post
Using IK Tapes in a professional context requires a lot of time consuming workarounds, due to the high CPU usage and lack of ability to freeze or bounce within a complex session - Please fix your product IK - it's phenomenal in sound and terrible and functionality....
Since tapes are not something that are frequently tweaked (or I should say tweaked often once set up), I wouldn't consider freezing the plugin a time-consuming workaround. These are very powerful plugins and offer a no-compromise quality with the required resource usage for that power and quality.
Old 23rd September 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
Since tapes are not something that are frequently tweaked (or I should say tweaked often once set up), I wouldn't consider freezing the plugin a time-consuming workaround. These are very powerful plugins and offer a no-compromise quality with the required resource usage for that power and quality.
No, freezing would not be an issue IF IT WORKED PETER.

FREEZING AND BOUNCING DOES NOT WORK FOR MANY USERS.

I have copy my track into a fresh session, freeze it there and the reimport it into my actual mix.

5 min of work for what my computer can freeze in 30 secs.

I love the sound - functionality sucks for many of us ATM...

Its in a beta like state, and has been since I bought it during the intro offer.

The only reason I put up with it is the phenomenal sound quality.

I have no other plugs that function so poorly.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search