The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Tape Machine Collection for T-RackS 5
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

24 all the way here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK View Post
.The Quad series are criminally underrated/overlooked..
These could definitely do with some love from the coders. They have too much phasing issues. And the Link function (for Threshold etc) resets all bands to the band setting you are tweaking, instead of the other way around, keeping band settings independent. But these things have been mentioned by many SINCE their release, yet never addressed. I love IKM plugs, but the Quad series needs a big step up to make me ever use them again.

*Peter - IK , PM sent*

Last edited by zeep; 4 weeks ago at 07:46 PM..
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
24 all the way here.

These could definitely do with some love from the coders. They have too much phasing issues. And the Link function (for Threshold etc) resets all bands to the band setting you are tweaking, instead of the other way around, keeping band settings independent. But these things have been mentioned by many SINCE their release, yet never addressed. I love IKM plugs, but the Quad series needs a big step up to make me ever use them again.
I have used these a lot and have not experienced audible phasing issues. Have you reported your issues to IK Support? These are not broken with any global bugs I'm seeing, we'd obviously have fixed any that were reported and verified. Please do so if you have not yet reported the issues you are experiencing.

They don't need a big step up, in my opinion and regular use of them they are a big step up and more people are just not aware of them. Those that do use them regularly always seem to sing their praises with no mention of any phasing issues.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I forgot to email support, but I really need to. The tapes collection is unusable for me as it crashes rendering nearly every time. But I also need to update Reaper as I haven't since 5.40 on Win10.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
I forgot to email support, but I really need to. The tapes collection is unusable for me as it crashes rendering nearly every time. But I also need to update Reaper as I haven't since 5.40 on Win10.
Please shoot me a PM with your ticket number once open. I can flag your ticket to ensure the team has your forum information posted here. They should be able to get you working here.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_IK View Post
Please shoot me a PM with your ticket number once open. I can flag your ticket to ensure the team has your forum information posted here. They should be able to get you working here.
Hey Ryan, thanks for the fast response. I'm opening a ticket momentarily, and I'll PM you the details. Thanks very much!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewood123 View Post
Same happened to me rendering to mp3, (not wave),. Updated, problem solved.
Cheers.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhouse View Post
Cheers.
Updated Reaper and problem solved here as well.

BTW. Loving Tape 99 (7.5ips Formula 456) with a little under-bias and HF roll off on Acoustic guitars. Warm. Soft but articulate transients. Very AIC vibe worthy from this deck!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhouse View Post
Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JfromRVA View Post
Updated Reaper and problem solved here as well.

BTW. Loving Tape 99 (7.5ips Formula 456) with a little under-bias and HF roll off on Acoustic guitars. Warm. Soft but articulate transients. Very AIC vibe worthy from this deck!
Thanks, guys. It's happening when I render to any file type (wav, mp3, etc.). It's probably a compatibility issue with my version of Reaper being too old, as your posts indicate/suggest. I think I'll try updating Reaper, and if it works, I can relay that info to IK Multimedia in my ticket (should be good data for them).
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Did they ever fix the bug where SaturatorX loses it's oversampling setting?? How long has that one been going on????
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

@ Ryan_IK Just a check-in: I updated Reaper and so far so good; I'm able to render files now. I will keep testing, but it seems this may have solved the issue for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice and you definitely have more choices open since we're at 7x1 now.
Maybe my math is all wrong, but I thought I had no choices left as I wrote: “I’m getting the 4 Tapes in the Group Buy, plus the Jimi Anniversary, Orange and Slash packs. All for $99.“
Pretty sure that’s 7
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Tapes purchase question

I have demo-ed the tape machine collection and want to take advantage of the current group buy and purchase one of those those plugins and receive the free ones.

After purchasing and subsequently choosing the free plugs, will I have to download and install them all separately, and if so what do I do with the demo tape plugins I already have?

Also, I removed all but the tape machine plugins installed with the demo application as at the time I had no interest in any others...

Thanks,
LC
Old 4 weeks ago
WKG
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post
I have demo-ed the tape machine collection and want to take advantage of the current group buy and purchase one of those those plugins and receive the free ones.

After purchasing and subsequently choosing the free plugs, will I have to download and install them all separately, and if so what do I do with the demo tape plugins I already have?

Also, I removed all but the tape machine plugins installed with the demo application as at the time I had no interest in any others...

Thanks,
LC
Just select them in your user section in promotions. Then run tbe IK authorization manager using the serial numbers provided.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Nice and you definitely have more choices open since we're at 7x1 now.
Strange, i made the purchase but got 6 instead of 7+1.
Old 4 weeks ago
WKG
Lives for gear
7 for 1, not 7 plus 1.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by WKG View Post
7 for 1, not 7 plus 1.
My bad. It makes sense now. Thanks
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Just select them in your user section in promotions. Then run tbe IK authorization manager using the serial numbers provided.
Right...I got that, but do I then download the plugins?

In other words, do I need to download the complete cs bundle again

Thanks again,
LC
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lclyman View Post
Right...I got that, but do I then download the plugins?

Thanks again,
LC
You download Tracks custom shop , by default it installe everything Tracks , you just AUTHORISED stuff when purchasing , they're already there
Old 4 weeks ago
WKG
Lives for gear
Yup, no need to do it again. You just authorize them
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Yup, no need to do it again. You just authorize them
Right..got that too..but now, when I open up the expired demo versions of any of the 4 tape machines and click on the authorization manager it says.."This product is already authorized and is working with permanent unrestricted functionality"...and displays the serial number of the product.

Inside the custom shop web app, it states that the trial period for these same plugins has expired. If I click on the "buy" tab (which by the way leads to a "Page Not Found" error message)... and were to purchase and authorize it, what changes...?

Do I have to be online with the custom shop app open to use the plugin?

What if I'm not online or lose connectivity?

Thanks,
LC
Old 4 weeks ago
WKG
Lives for gear
Open Custom Shop, go to T-Racks and click on restore my gear! That should update the authorization.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swillis View Post
Very nice! Just picked up their precision comp that I've also been demoing and got the tape 24 and 80 for free. Hopefully enough other people join the group buy so that I can get the rest of the tapes and maybe their Varimu for free too.
Two weeks later was going to sit this one out, then like yourself an offer came along that was just too tempting, so I dived in, went for the precision comp too and a few other goodies, already picked up the tapes on intro.

If any of you are still undecided, jrr shop has the fender 2 collection for half price in basket, $64 at the time of writing, just did a quick check and it's still in the 50% off section. This will put you on the €$149 tier, ik tapes have been one of the most satisfying plugin purchases I've made in a while, just hope they update the 432eq with some of the same mojo, talking specifically about soundstage.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepone View Post
Two weeks later was going to sit this one out, then like yourself an offer came along that was just too tempting, so I dived in, went for the precision comp too and a few other goodies, already picked up the tapes on intro.

If any of you are still undecided, jrr shop has the fender 2 collection for half price in basket, $64 at the time of writing, just did a quick check and it's still in the 50% off section. This will put you on the €$149 tier, ik tapes have been one of the most satisfying plugin purchases I've made in a while, just hope they update the 432eq with some of the same mojo, talking specifically about soundstage.
So in theory - you can get fender collection from jrrshop and will get 6 plugs from ik for free up to 149eur?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuulart View Post
So in theory - you can get fender collection from jrrshop and will get 6 plugs from ik for free up to 149eur?
If the offer is still on with jrrshop then yes, it's what I did. I'll add tho it has to be fender collection 2 to get to the €149 tier, version 1 is €99.

Last edited by stepone; 4 weeks ago at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Just incase
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
$64 for all four tapes plus a couple more, that's a bargain!
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
How'd you get it for $64? I thought it was $99?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy McGroarty View Post
How did you do that?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

I don't know how long this deal will run but you buy the fender collection 2 from jrrshoppe, which is $64 at the mo.

https://www.jrrshop.com/add-to-cart-for-50-off
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint View Post
How'd you get it for $64? I thought it was $99?
$49.50, actually.
Buying the Fender 1 pack at JRRshop suffices to get the four Tapes free plus two other freebies of your choice at $99 or less.
You simply pay $49.50 for the Fender Collection (list price $99) and use the serial to enter the IK Group Buy which will give you six freebies under $99 at the moment.
The list price of your purchase has to be $99 or higher as the Tapes are at $99 each.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleer View Post
$49.50, actually.
Buying the Fender 1 pack at JRRshop suffices to get the four Tapes free plus two other freebies of your choice at $99 or less.
You simply pay $49.50 for the Fender Collection (list price $99) and use the serial to enter the IK Group Buy which will give you six freebies under $99 at the moment.
The list price of your purchase has to be $99 or higher as the Tapes are at $99 each.
Once IK finds out I wouldn't be surprised if they had JRR take this down. I don't imagine IK will be too happy about it so get in while you can.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search