The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sonarworks releases Reference 4.3 - Adds New Features
Old 8th August 2019
Here for the gear

I am a user that has the crackling problems on windows 10. I tried a couple of updates with no improvement. Then I started reading on forums about problems worse than the crackling problems. I stopped using sonarworks correction and held up on updating because I have very low confidence until I here more positive comments. I really can't afford to screw up a computer that currently is working well. I'll keep reading the forums waiting for positive feedback.
Old 8th August 2019
Gear Head

There's a validation error in Logic with the latest release (AU plugin 4.3.4 build 2). It's minor since its just complaining about the Res version (0x40303) vs the Comp version (0x40304). I can just tick use in the plugin manager and its available, but it then lists under incompatible in the AU list instead of under Sonarworks as expected.

O/S 10.13.6, Logic 10.4.6
Old 11th August 2019
I’ve never installed system wide, instead I bought a focusrite sapphire usb 3 interface for £70 and use that for system audio (YouTube, mp3 playback etc) and feed the main outputs from it into a spare stereo input on my main ASIO audio card.

I just have Cubase on in the background running the standard Sonarworks so all pc system audio is processed without the need for system wide. You can do the same with your onboard audio but the quality is always a bit off on motherboard audio.
Old 11th August 2019
Gear Maniac

Harvey,
Very interesting set up. I assume you have Cubase autolaunch when you power on your computer?
Old 13th August 2019
Lives for gear

For those running Mojave, is Systemwide working correctly? No bugs? I'm about to upgrade to an iMac soon and thought I'd check before I do. My current Mac Pro is so old I can't run anything higher than High Sierra.
Old 13th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy2039 View Post
For those running Mojave, is Systemwide working correctly? No bugs? I'm about to upgrade to an iMac soon and thought I'd check before I do. My current Mac Pro is so old I can't run anything higher than High Sierra.
I’m on Mojave without any issues, but I’m still using 4.2.2 of Sonarworks Systemwide.
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear

Please bring back the averaged speakers feature. @ Hrodulf that was very useful. For version 5, add an averaged consumer and averaged professional headphones references as well.

Removing features is NEVER a good thing. The Mixed filter type was a welcome re-addition, for sure.
Old 14th August 2019
We recently came out with a build that should address audio engine failure on Windows. On top of that it also adds Avid HDX support for Measure. Check the full release notes here.
Old 14th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
We recently came out with a build that should address audio engine failure on Windows. On top of that it also adds Avid HDX support for Measure. Check the full release notes here.
Has the HD Reference 3/4 software been abandoned at this point?
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dven View Post
There's a validation error in Logic with the latest release (AU plugin 4.3.4 build 2). It's minor since its just complaining about the Res version (0x40303) vs the Comp version (0x40304). I can just tick use in the plugin manager and its available, but it then lists under incompatible in the AU list instead of under Sonarworks as expected.

O/S 10.13.6, Logic 10.4.6
And this appears to be fixed in 4.3.5. It may also have been an issue on my end initially, since I don't think I restarted the comp after installing 4.3.4.....
Old 14th August 2019
Gear Maniac
This version crashes the latest version of Logic X. When on deleting it from the master chain. Highly annoying...
Old 14th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikola_Tesla View Post
This version crashes the latest version of Logic X. When on deleting it from the master chain. Highly annoying...
me too, a lot of cracking ... I went back to the previous one. after 4.2 it goes from bad to worse. fix one thing and make another worse I'm on Mac Sierra
Old 15th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by andres_feret View Post
me too, a lot of cracking ... I went back to the previous one. after 4.2 it goes from bad to worse. fix one thing and make another worse I'm on Mac Sierra
What kind of crackling are we talking about? On on continuous play or on playback start?
Old 15th August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrodulf View Post
What kind of crackling are we talking about? On on continuous play or on playback start?
it's crackling on continuous play, previous one works fine
Old 15th August 2019
Gear Maniac
I think it’s horse sh#t as they had solid version before and now it’s really unusable. Does anyone still have the old installer for Mac somewhere?
Old 15th August 2019
Lives for gear

Click on "Legacy versions" link under the main download button on the site.
Old 15th August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think it’s horse sh#t as they had solid version before and now it’s really unusable. Does anyone still have the old installer for Mac somewhere?
See comment above. Or just click this: https://sonarworks.com/reference/archive

One thing Sonarworks is good at is having those legacy installers readily available.
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Addict

I'm on PT 2019.5/Mojave 10.14.5 and have Sonarworks crashing about 98% of the time when I close a session or open a session. It's the only plugin that crashes my system. Anybody experiencing something similar?
Old 19th August 2019
Gear Addict

I'm on 4.3.2
Old 21st August 2019
Gear Maniac

Sonarworks...What is going on?

I installed the latest version of Reference Studio 4, and no longer have Systemwide (Win10). Is this another feature that you have removed without notice or yet another buggy release?

I have reinstalled the latest version twice now. Still no Systemwide. On the installer (custom) it is greyed out (but ticked). The installer says that it is being installed, but it is not.
Old 21st August 2019
Gear Maniac

Alright. The offline installer worked fine, but the default online installer is broken and doesn't install what it is saying that it is installing.
Old 21st August 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benj View Post
Has the HD Reference 3/4 software been abandoned at this point?
I'm interested in a response to this as well.
Old 21st August 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
I've asked twice and there hasn't been a response.

People have asked even more about having frequency limits or being able to select what frequency range that Sonarworks corrects, but there has been no response to this either. I imagine if that was an option in HD 3/4, that there would be some people interested in it. But I can also imagine, that it's nothing compared to the possible money in having Sonarworks headphone correction on every iPhone and Android phone... so perhaps their resources for studio products is limited these days.
Old 22nd August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGM View Post
Yes, Reference 3 and Reference HD aren't developed any more. With that said, we will provide technical support to all of our users no matter what version they use.
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Head

Reference systemwide 4.3.5 (build 1) on High sierra is giving me tons of glitches and distorted audio. Mainly noticed the problem when (un)plugging headphones to the laptop but it also happens on random when mixing, browsing web etc. Sometimes the systemwide decides to change the sample rate - all settings on Systemwide, projects and OS system preferences are set to 88.2 but then it throws 44.1 at me. I check the settings and nothing has changed, everything is still on 88.2.
Old 1st September 2019
Gear Maniac
From a solid product to a clusterf#ck of a product in a few updates. Well done Sonarworks! And it seems they hardly care.
Old 1st September 2019
I've uninstalled it from my music PC for now due to the glitches. Also for some reason it favoured my Rode USB microphone as an output, even though the windows default was set to my audio interface out.
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
From a solid product to a clusterf#ck of a product in a few updates. Well done Sonarworks! And it seems they hardly care.
At least they have a publicly available offline installer archive at https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/archive . That's better than a lot of companies do.

My issue with the offline installer is you don't get to pick which plugins to install. I don't want 32-bit VSTs or AAX installed. But I am forced to like that Waves Central dumpster fire.
Old 2nd September 2019
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
At least they have a publicly available offline installer archive at https://www.sonarworks.com/reference/archive . That's better than a lot of companies do.

My issue with the offline installer is you don't get to pick which plugins to install. I don't want 32-bit VSTs or AAX installed. But I am forced to like that Waves Central dumpster fire.
I’ve actually downgraded to a previous version but after that it’s not even solid anymore. I think some of the files don’t completely overwrite. It’s a shame though...
Old 2nd September 2019
Lives for gear
Sonarworks 4.3.5.1 is the most stable update I have received to date.

In previous versions, I use to get a random SWOD when trying to close a Pro Tools session with the Sonarworks plugin inserted on the Master Fader. With the latest update, I haven't received a single SWOD when trying to close a PT session.

PTU 2019.6
MacOS 10.14.5
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search