The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
FAW SubLab
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Guru

FAW SubLab

Pretty surpised that nobody talk about this beast , so here we go :

Our brand new synth. Built to create hard-hitting 808 style sub-bass.
A new class of synthesizer designed for hip-hop, future bass, and trap genres.

Get all the tools you need to sample, layer, widen and distort any kick into a uniquely powerful sub in one plug-in.

What you get:
3 x Sound Engines: Sampler, Synth, and X-Sub™

6 x signature Bass Packs: Richie Souf Signature Subs, Hits DNA Vol. 1, Sean Divine Bass, Crushed, and Analog Machines

250 x bonus Kick Samples: We sampled every hard-hitting drum machine we could get our hands on including the original Roland TR-808, Make Noise modules, JoMoX MBase 11, Vermona Mono Lancet ’15 and more…

Official video :

Old 8th June 2019
Gear Guru

Here's my fun time spent with it :

In this video i create from scratch a kick and tweak it to taste as well as the rest of the beat using several plugins such as XLN RC 20 / ELysia Phil's Cascade , Vertigo VSC 3 , eventide SP 2016 , Arturia Minifilter ... all fun

1) Plugin Tour
2) Sound design
3) Fun with other tools
4) Conclusion

Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear

It’s pretty badass - loving it so far.
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
It’s pretty badass - loving it so far.
Yep pretty effective and usefull not only for trap style kicks ....
Old 8th June 2019
Here for the gear

I am a CIRCLE user since v1 and bought SUBLAB on the spot after watching their video and this is really a great plugin in.

Like Jeezo said:
it is effective and usefull not only for trap style kicks but also lets you create in short time powerful basses to interact with your kick in order to get cool rhythmical structures in the low end.
Very good and a great pleasure to work with!

What I really like them to add (hopefully soon) is:
- undo / redo;
- a possibility to skip forwards / backwards through the samples instead of always having to use the popup menu;
- a possibility to implement a path / pathes to your own samples and then skip through them instead of having to drag & drop one by one;
- a possibility to mute synth / sampler / x-sub in the mixer section.

Also very very good is their support.
Being still on Mac OS 10.9.5 I had some issues with the installation and they came up with a new installer in no time and also Julia (who made their demonstration video) was very quick and very helpful responding to some questions that I had.
Thank you for that!
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Addict

I looks interesting!!

I wanted to try it out, but couldn't find a demo - is there no demo?

Last edited by Rentzen; 8th June 2019 at 01:54 PM..
Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentzen View Post
I looks interesting!!

I wanted to try it out, but couldn't find a demo - is there no demo (or am I just semi-********)?
Looks like they've gone down the "30 days money-back guarantee" route if you don't like it.
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Biffro View Post
Looks like they've gone down the "30 days money-back guarantee" route if you don't like it.
I think it's a pre release promo , but hit the support and check ..
Old 8th June 2019
Gear Maniac

I'm interested in this... Just a sample/saturation kinda guy but thinking I'll check this out. Will edit with first impressions.

EDIT: Overall cool plugin, had a few issues with the interface layout. Feel like there could be some ergonomics added
Old 8th June 2019
Lives for gear

Bought it. Pretty good....We'll see if it passes the emperors new clothes test in weeks to come but first impression.. worth the price easily..

New stuff always inspires..

Zz.
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

Is there really not even any Audio demo on their website?
https://futureaudioworkshop.com/product/sublab/
rsp
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
Is there really not even any Audio demo on their website?
https://futureaudioworkshop.com/product/sublab/
rsp
Found a couple of in-track examples on the site’s main page if you scroll down a bit:

https://futureaudioworkshop.com/
Old 9th June 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks. rsp
Old 9th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
Bought it. Pretty good....We'll see if it passes the emperors new clothes test in weeks to come but first impression.. worth the price easily..

New stuff always inspires..

Zz.
Keep us informed i totally forgot to make a preset tour in the video , it was planned damm ... sorry for those still wondering .... there s some artist presets that are prettty usable !!!
Old 10th June 2019
Lives for gear

Bought this from this thread! Great quality sub bass and easy to create your own to suite the vibe of your track, one stop sub shop! Great work FAW
Old 11th June 2019
adl
Lives for gear

Wow, great plugin!
I just saw a video from the imamusicmogul guy on YouTube (thanks for the discount coupon btw!) and bought it without even demoing first. This seems like THE plugin for getting all kinds of 808s. I really like the overall look, the features and splitting the bass into 3 settings / parts is a great way to think about the overall sound.
Already purchased and looking forward to play around with it during the next days!
Old 11th June 2019
Here for the gear

Glide/Portamento is really missed too

Glide/Portamento is really missed too ! Very useful and common with this style of bass.
Old 11th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by noizinzion View Post
Glide/Portamento is really missed too ! Very useful and common with this style of bass.
You saying it doesn't have glide? I does have glide, haven't had a chance to play with it much but it's there on the bottom left of the plug-in..
Old 11th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Rezz View Post
You saying it doesn't have glide? I does have glide, haven't had a chance to play with it much but it's there on the bottom left of the plug-in..
Oh I must have missed that when I looked at the video's and screen shots.
Thanks !
Old 11th June 2019
adl
Lives for gear

For anybody having problems with activation:
Try deactivation your Antivirus/Firewall for a minute. I was running into that problem and after disabling Kaspersky for a minute i could get the activation running. If this still doesn´t work try typing in the activation code manually (suck, i know). But with typing in manually and deactivating Kaspersky it worked within seconds.
(Probs to the support btw, i contacted em through the little "help" chat window on their homepage and got a reply within seconds!).
Old 17th June 2019
Here for the gear

Is there a way in this to split the signal path into frequencies eg to stereo widen the highest frequency portion?
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mprey View Post
Is there a way in this to split the signal path into frequencies eg to stereo widen the highest frequency portion?
This would be a great feature. As it stands, even if I’m using the built in widening, I’m still layering Sublab, splitting out the sub, and then using Microshift and Animate to target the highest frequencies.
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Addict

I'm having an issue in Protools where notes or tones continue to play after the cursor stops.
Even if I relocate the cursor... the only way to stop the 'stuck' note is to disable and then re-enable the plug.
Old 19th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Could anyone install a VST3 version of SubLab?
On my system (Windows 10 pro 64 bit) the installer installed a SubLab.dll file instead of a SubLab.vst3 file.
Installing the vst2 version works.

Edit:
I just received an email from FAW: they are aware of the issue and are working on it

Last edited by teacue; 19th June 2019 at 11:33 AM..
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Addict

Been on the fence with this one. Really like the idea of the X sub oscillator. I also think th design is really forward thinking (in terms of GUI) you have just the tools you need, and you can see the information you need -- filter, volume and pitch envs, with also the spectrum overview of alll three oscillators.
This kind of replicates what i do - but i do it with separate analysers and three separate tracks/synths.

So it is tough. I wish they offered a demo, would likely buy it. But since they have marketed it towards a whole bunch of genres i don't make, i am not sure if it will paint me into a corner...a future bass corner.
I make house music.

Either way, great job for the innovative design, these guys are cool
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Addict

Bought it the other day. Very much a time saver, as I no longer have to do much processing or mixing to make the 808's cut through on small speakers, or hit right in the car. Perfect for the genre I work in.
Old 1st August 2019
Here for the gear

Software Activation Trouble

Has one of you guys/ladies had trouble with SUBLAB repeatedly asking for the activation key on Win7 ?!
Unfortunately I didn't get a response from FAW support so far.
Old 1st August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArimaTribe View Post
Has one of you guys/ladies had trouble with SUBLAB repeatedly asking for the activation key on Win7 ?!
Unfortunately I didn't get a response from FAW support so far.
Same here , it asked me several time also the circle , seems to be their new protection scheme
Old 2nd August 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Same here , it asked me several time also the circle , seems to be their new protection scheme
Have you had more luck getting in touch with their support team?
I guess they are still struggling to solve this issue.
Old 2nd August 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArimaTribe View Post
Have you had more luck getting in touch with their support team?
I guess they are still struggling to solve this issue.
I didn't notified them ..... i had this issue on other plugins (Ujam stuff) and thought it was studio one messing around with auth as usual !! until i've read your post !
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search