Mastering The Mix Releases BASSROOM Plugin - Page 25 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mastering The Mix Releases BASSROOM Plugin
Old 18th July 2020
Gear Addict

Great news on the acoustic preset - thanks!

I literally just bounced a mix with Mixroom all over it. I can't actually do without it nowadays.
Old 24th July 2020
Lives for gear

Some feedback on the new multi-installer...

- Great idea, very convenient!

- Custom paths no longer optional. Plugins install to default C drive locations = slight disappointment.

- Expose installed but did not drop a shortcut on the Desktop or in the Start menu, so I had to find the app myself on C drive and create my own shortcut = minor inconvenience.

- For whatever reason my LEVELS activation is no longer sticking and I have to re-authorize every time I reboot the computer. I'm going to try an Offline authorization and see if that holds.
Old 25th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
- Custom paths no longer optional. Plugins install to default C drive locations = slight disappointment.
This is never a good idea.
Old 25th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiBoy View Post
Some feedback on the new multi-installer...

- Great idea, very convenient!

- Expose installed but did not drop a shortcut on the Desktop or in the Start menu, so I had to find the app myself on C drive and create my own shortcut = minor inconvenience.

- For whatever reason my LEVELS activation is no longer sticking and I have to re-authorize every time I reboot the computer. I'm going to try an Offline authorization and see if that holds.
Thanks for this!

After installation you can move the files to your desired location. We'll see what we can do to make those customisable during the installation process itself. Regarding the Expose shortcut, I agree that it would be great to have the installer create a shortcut. We've discussed this and will include in a future update. Regarding Levels, drop a support ticket on that one and we'll take a look for you: https://masteringthemix.zendesk.com/...b/requests/new

Thanks!
Old 25th July 2020
Lives for gear

The offline authorization seems to be holding so that's fine by me. The only thing I didn't install was Mixroom because I don't own it... yet : ) Sale please :D
Old 26th July 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraner View Post
(As regarding no custom installation path...) - This is never a good idea.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteringtheMix View Post
Thanks for this!

After installation you can move the files to your desired location. We'll see what we can do to make those customisable during the installation process itself. Regarding the Expose shortcut, I agree that it would be great to have the installer create a shortcut. We've discussed this and will include in a future update. Regarding Levels, drop a support ticket on that one and we'll take a look for you: https://masteringthemix.zendesk.com/...b/requests/new

Thanks!
Thanks for trying to get it sorted. MTM have been really good at ironing out problems both quickly and effectively when compared to some (unnamed) developers and I for one would like to say that it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated here on GS.

Cheers. Keep up the good work.
Old 26th July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Agreed.

Thanks for trying to get it sorted. MTM have been really good at ironing out problems both quickly and effectively when compared to some (unnamed) developers and I for one would like to say that it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated here on GS.

Cheers. Keep up the good work.
Thank you! We understand that many people rely on our plugins for their work and we want to make it easy as possible both now and in the future. Thanks for your kind words!
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Nut

When i load the bass room plugin it says there is a update. When updating it it's is actually downgrading to version 1.03. So i download the update form plugin-boutique where i purchased it and it updates to 1.04. But i get the sign again that there is a update.........
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoingBoomTjack View Post
When i load the bass room plugin it says there is a update. When updating it it's is actually downgrading to version 1.03. So i download the update form plugin-boutique where i purchased it and it updates to 1.04. But i get the sign again that there is a update.........
Sorry to hear you ran into this issue. We're still working on getting the Plugin Boutique installer ready.

Download the latest installer for our plugins by clicking below:

Download for MAC: http://mtm-cdn-endpoint.azureedge.ne...ER_OSX_MTM.zip

Download for WINDOWS: http://mtm-cdn-endpoint.azureedge.ne...ER_WIN_MTM.zip
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Sorry to hear you ran into this issue. We're still working on getting the Plugin Boutique installer ready.

Download the latest installer for our plugins by clicking below:

Ty for the reply,

Downloaded it, Trying to install, gave in the email adres, now the back and the next buttons of the installer are greyed out. Does not continue

Edit:
Ok i get it, it does not continue when you refuse to get mails. Firewall goes of to access , i gave it permission. Done. now i have to seek where the plugin is hiding instead of the old installer pointing out the folder and dir.........
Complex...

Edit, i found the dll, should i copy or replace it to a custom VST considering the future uninstall proces can have conflicts?
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoingBoomTjack View Post
Ty for the reply,

Downloaded it, Trying to install, gave in the email adres, now the back and the next buttons of the installer are greyed out. Does not continue

Edit:
Ok i get it, it does not continue when you refuse to get mails. Firewall goes of to access , i gave it permission. Done. now i have to seek where the plugin is hiding instead of the old installer pointing out the folder and dir.........
Complex...
Glad it's sorted. The default file locations for windows are:

C:\Program Files\MasteringTheMix\EXPOSE.exe (this was previously installed to C:\Program Files\EXPOSE.exe)
C:\Program Files\MasteringTheMix - for the Uninstaller program
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins - for VST plugins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 - for VST3 plugins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins - for AAX plugins

Following installation, you can move the files to your desired location if required.

* The exact drive letter may vary according to your system.

We're looking to allow you to set your install location in the next installer update.
Old 31st July 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:

We're looking to allow you to set your install location in the next installer update.
Ty for replying,
That would save a lot of hassle
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Nut

New installer isn't working.. plugin/version is greyed out? Can't select the anything. I'm trying to re-install.. cause bassroom wasn't working in Studio One v5. I'm on OS X 10.14.6
Old 6th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommijk View Post
New installer isn't working.. plugin/version is greyed out? Can't select the anything. I'm trying to re-install.. cause bassroom wasn't working in Studio One v5. I'm on OS X 10.14.6
Hi! Sorry to hear you ran into this issue.

I would suggest that you run the uninstall program then reinstall the latest version of our plugins.

Please click the link below to download the latest installers for our products:

If the issue persists, please reach out via our support form below we’ll take a look and do our best to help the situation.

https://masteringthemix.zendesk.com/...b/requests/new
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
Thank you for the lightning fast addition of the percentage silder!

Very useful
Do you know where I can find this mix/percentage slider ?

Looked everywhere, can't seem to find it ?

(I am on the latest updates for both Mixroom and Bassroom)
Old 7th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Do you know where I can find this mix/percentage slider ?

Looked everywhere, can't seem to find it ?

(I am on the latest updates for both Mixroom and Bassroom)
Gain Scale

Hover your mouse over the Gain Scale icon to open the Gain Scale slider. This will allow you to scale the effect of the gain settings of all curves by dragging horizontally. The range of the gain scale is 0% to 200%.

By default, the Gain Scale will be set to 100%, meaning your EQ adjustments will reflect the exact changes made in the EQ interface. If you set the gain scale to 50%, the EQ changes will be halved. In the example below we can see that with the bands at 4dB and the gain scale set to 50%, the gain change is 2dB, reflected by the yellow EQ line.

This can be very useful when you’re working with a preset target that requires further tweaking to work with your material. It’s also a very efficient way to automate the overall effect of the EQ.
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Maniac
The new installer is not very well designed or implemented at all.

Why is it installing things into System32? It is putting something called libiomp5md.dll there. Highly unusual for a plugin to do this. It should be self contained, no? To add insult to injury here, I got a pop up dialog that says "Error copying file from packed archive to C:/Windows/System32/libiomp5md.dll".

When the user is presented with a screen to select the programs to download, there is no 'select all' or 'deselect all' option. I only have Bassroom, so it was quite user un-friendly to have to click off all those options, then pick the Bassroom option that I want.

Finally, I don't put my plugins in the paths that you are picking on my behalf. Why am I not being given an option of where to install things? I get that I maybe won't have an option with VST3 because that is what the specification says, but for VST2, why can't I choose?
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Gain Scale

Hover your mouse over the Gain Scale icon to open the Gain Scale slider.
Thanks, couldn't seem to spot it for some reason !

Any chance this will make its way to Bassroom too ?
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Nut

Thanks! That worked out great 🙂 Is there suppused to be gain scale in Bassroom too? Can’t seem to find it either..

Quote:
Hi! Sorry to hear you ran into this issue.

I would suggest that you run the uninstall program then reinstall the latest version of our plugins.

Please click the link below to download the latest installers for our products:

If the issue persists, please reach out via our support form below we’ll take a look and do our best to help the situation.

Old 8th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindafishy View Post
The new installer is not very well designed or implemented at all.

Why is it installing things into System32? It is putting something called libiomp5md.dll there. Highly unusual for a plugin to do this. It should be self contained, no? To add insult to injury here, I got a pop up dialog that says "Error copying file from packed archive to C:/Windows/System32/libiomp5md.dll".

When the user is presented with a screen to select the programs to download, there is no 'select all' or 'deselect all' option. I only have Bassroom, so it was quite user un-friendly to have to click off all those options, then pick the Bassroom option that I want.

Finally, I don't put my plugins in the paths that you are picking on my behalf. Why am I not being given an option of where to install things? I get that I maybe won't have an option with VST3 because that is what the specification says, but for VST2, why can't I choose?
Thanks for this feedback. I'll discuss the points raised with my team.

We plan to update the global installer to allow custom install paths for windows users. In the meantime, the install locations are listed in our help center here.
Old 8th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Thanks, couldn't seem to spot it for some reason !

Any chance this will make its way to Bassroom too ?
Yes! We hope to integrate some of the Mixroom upgrades into bassroom, such as:

- Gain Scale
- EQ curve display on walls (and target curve)
- Solo, mute, Q bandwidth controls
- A/B
- Smart Bands
Old 9th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for this feedback. I'll discuss the points raised with my team.

We plan to update the global installer to allow custom install paths for windows users. In the meantime, the install locations are listed in our help center here.
Thank you .... this is important [and why I dis-liked the current Installer]. I only used it to update the VST-3 versions. No time to go searching for where an installer 'thinks' is where it should go. That's my configuration.

thanks for addressing this.
Old 9th August 2020
unr
Gear Addict

It seems like the recent posted full installer installed a Bassroom version, which is not compatible with older projects. At least for me in Ableton it didn't open old projects anymore which used the VST3 version from last year. Had to go back to the old version, to continue working.
This may also be an Ableton problem, that's why I'm asking here if anyone else noticed this on Ableton 10.1.17 on Windows 10?
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
It seems like the recent posted full installer installed a Bassroom version, which is not compatible with older projects. At least for me in Ableton it didn't open old projects anymore which used the VST3 version from last year. Had to go back to the old version, to continue working.
This may also be an Ableton problem, that's why I'm asking here if anyone else noticed this on Ableton 10.1.17 on Windows 10?
I noticed the same behaviour in Cubase 10 Pro.
Projects using an older version of BassRoom could not find the latest version.
Old 9th August 2020
Gear Maniac

That's weird - the VST2 version is OK - in Reaper
Old 11th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
Hi @ unr , feel free to drop our support a message and we'll do our best to help.

Old 12th August 2020
unr
Gear Addict

Quote:
Hi @ unr , feel free to drop our support a message and we'll do our best to help.

I have opened a ticket.
Could reproduce this behavior every time and attached a test project with only Bassroom. Hope this can be fixed.
Btw this was happening when updating from 1.03 to 1.05
📝 Reply