The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mastering The Mix Releases BASSROOM Plugin
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalston View Post
Hi Andy,
I've noticed that the bassroom targets (derived from a reference file) are different every time I load the project... what's going on there? My previous filter settings are the same but they are now 'incorrect'
I'm on Ableton 10, Mojave.

Thanks
Hi, when analysing a section of your song, we recommend focusing on the drop/chorus, as this is often the best representation of bass in your track.

You might get different target results if you analyse your chorus, then analyse your verse separately. You can always reset the targets if needed.

If you still feel there’s something wrong, feel free to send a screen video to our support here: https://www.masteringthemix.com/pages/software-support

Thanks!
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasteringtheMix View Post
Hi, when analysing a section of your song, we recommend focusing on the drop/chorus, as this is often the best representation of bass in your track.

You might get different target results if you analyse your chorus, then analyse your verse separately. You can always reset the targets if needed.

If you still feel there’s something wrong, feel free to send a screen video to our support here: https://www.masteringthemix.com/pages/software-support

Thanks!
It's not the anaysing part. But when reloading the saved project the targets change.
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
It's not the anaysing part. But when reloading the saved project the targets change.
Ok, if you could please send over a screen video of what you’re experiencing to our support using the following link we’ll be sure to take a look and advise.

https://www.masteringthemix.com/pages/software-support
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Are you letting Bassroom re-analyze the same part of your song for a significant length of time each time you re-open your project?
Old 24th February 2020
adl
Lives for gear

Regarding Bugs:
I get a pretty nasty glitch / loud burst whenever i solo one band and then try to adjust the Q of this band. This is in Ableton Live 10.1.7 on Windoes 10 (64Bit) Build 1909. Can anybody with the same setup check if this is happening as well?

EDIT:
Ok, just checked again: doesn´t happen all the time, but it definitely happend with one Mix. Anybody ever experienced that?
Old 24th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
Regarding Bugs:
I get a pretty nasty glitch / loud burst whenever i solo one band and then try to adjust the Q of this band. This is in Ableton Live 10.1.7 on Windoes 10 (64Bit) Build 1909. Can anybody with the same setup check if this is happening as well?

EDIT:
Ok, just checked again: doesn´t happen all the time, but it definitely happend with one Mix. Anybody ever experienced that?
I have experienced something similar when adjusting the lowest band with my midi controller. I got a loud burst and then the daw output faders got pinned and the audio went off. Had to restart the daw (S1) to get audio back.
I mentioned it some time ago in post #526 .
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I have experienced something similar when adjusting the lowest band with my midi controller. I got a loud burst and then the daw output faders got pinned and the audio went off. Had to restart the daw (S1) to get audio back.
I mentioned it some time ago in post #526 .
If you're experiencing any clicks or pops, be sure to update to the latest version. (V1.0.3: build Oct 26 2019). You can download that here.

I hope that helps!
Old 25th February 2020
I thought there was 32bit support for MAC!!! so I bought it only to find out its 64 only !!
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnRome View Post
I thought there was 32bit support for MAC!!! so I bought it only to find out its 64 only !!
Their website clearly says "64 bit" is a requirement for Mac...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If you're experiencing any clicks or pops, be sure to update to the latest version. (V1.0.3: build Oct 26 2019). You can download that here.

I hope that helps!
Thanks, I’ll give it a go.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKosherButcher View Post
Their website clearly says "64 bit" is a requirement for Mac...
it says 32 bit or 64 ..I didnt realise ..or ...i read too fast.. that its only 32 or 64 for windows .. its fine ..i have 2 rigs, i can use it on one of them
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Hmmm, Mixroom! Will it replace bassroom? Or can we use it together? (Both would be ok to me btw!)

Yes, bassroom can use a companion!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt9 View Post
Hmmm, Mixroom! Will it replace bassroom? Or can we use it together? (Both would be ok to me btw!)

What? Where?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
What? Where?
Mixroom is coming. Hopefully it wil be released early april!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Mixroom is coming. Hopefully it wil be released early april!
Nice! Where did you find this info?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by abluesky View Post
Nice! Where did you find this info?
They .. or Tom 'slips' small bits of information here and there. You can read back a few posts for example.

And in his last email he mentioned at the end:

P.S. We're making the final adjustments to our next plugin MIXROOM. Stay subscribed to be first in line when it's released.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
They .. or Tom 'slips' small bits of information here and there. You can read back a few posts for example.

And in his last email he mentioned at the end:

P.S. We're making the final adjustments to our next plugin MIXROOM. Stay subscribed to be first in line when it's released.
Totally missed that!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

MIXROOM will be a companion to BASSROOM, ranging from 320-20kHz.

We're working hard on some additional features that our beta testers had requested, and it's really taking the plugin to another level. I can honestly say that my mastering work has never sounded better since I've implemented MIXROOM. Can't wait to share it.

Given the current situation with Covid-19, we've had to push the release date back a little. However, I'm hoping for a late-spring/summer release.

Wishing all of you the best, and please stay safe and healthy!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Exciting news!

Why not entire frequency spectrum unified under Mixroom for holistic treatment with one processor?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Exciting news!

Why not entire frequency spectrum unified under Mixroom for holistic treatment with one processor?
The main reason is the filters used. Each range of the frequency spectrum has separate filters across BASSROOM and MIXROOM (lows, mids, highs) to get maximum transparency in that range.

We initially were going to make MIDROOM and HIGHROOM separately but managed to get the two filtering systems working in harmony.

We feel we've found the best balance of usability/workflow, filter transparency, UI space, CPU.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
The main reason is the filters used. Each range of the frequency spectrum has separate filters across BASSROOM and MIXROOM (lows, mids, highs) to get maximum transparency in that range.

We initially were going to make MIDROOM and HIGHROOM separately but managed to get the two filtering systems working in harmony.

We feel we've found the best balance of usability/workflow, filter transparency, UI space, CPU.
Would like to encourage you to add post production presets to future revs (movie trailer/tv promo). Or allow for user created genre presets using an average of many similar sample sources.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
Would like to encourage you to add post production presets to future revs (movie trailer/tv promo). Or allow for user created genre presets using an average of many similar sample sources.
Thanks for the feedback. You will certainly be able to create your own presets using between 1 and 20 reference tracks to generate the targets, as you can with BASSROOM

If you could please drop me an email Tom (at) mastering the mix dot com with some more information regarding exactly what kind of post production presets you’d like I’ll see what I can do to work them in
Old 1 week ago
unr
Gear Addict

Hopefully you added ABCD comparison slots.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Agree with all that (this thing sounds great), except for UI (/UX).

Why would you not make this automatic, by that I mean when you choose your target values, why would you not have the bands automatically jump to the target values (and then match the input/output level) and then the user can adjust to taste from there . . . rather than having the user go through each band manually dragging the bar to where Bassroom is indicating it wants to the user to drag than band to . . . ?

Or maybe that automatic process can be per band, Shift + click (or whatever keyboard command) to automatically jump the band to the preset's recommended value.

It would also be great to see a mix control so you could dial in your settings and maybe you like the overall tone, but want to back it off a little - so you dial down 5 individual values . . . take a listen . . . hmmm, maybe I've gone too far . . . so you slightly increase all 5 values . . . take a listen . . . etc.

Much easier with an overall mix control.

Bassroom reminds me of iZotope's Tonal Balance, a brilliant idea that seems only partially realised. I could list dozens of improvements to Bassroom and Tonal Balance, still great tools though.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Bassroom is great how it is for me. I have 0% need or want of a mix knob! Can't wait for MIXROOM!!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Also, would be awesome if the Q values for each band also set themselves optimally to match the target.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

I like it the way it is too.

Leave things alone - and make suggestions. then the user can decide whether or not to implement (or partially implement) them.

I wouldn't want the plugin to automatically adjust anything - and then make me fight to "undo" the automatic adjustment.

The human needs to be the boss!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Looks like we’ve ticked all the boxes on the above suggestions. MIXROOM has an auto band creation button that will automatically match the gain and Q of the targets, this is an option that will disappear if you decide to go hands on and adjust the EQ bands yourself. It’s a very fast and effective workflow! AB settings also implemented.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Looks like we’ve ticked all the boxes on the above suggestions. MIXROOM has an auto band creation button that will automatically match the gain and Q of the targets, this is an option that will disappear if you decide to go hands on and adjust the EQ bands yourself. It’s a very fast and effective workflow! AB settings also implemented.
Great!
Please add this to BassRoom too.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search