The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor plugin!
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
[MENTION=421363]

Great vid as always @ Jeezo , you're very good at these. Unexpected plugin purchase: LM2n loudness meter
Ahaah you literraly made me LOL , man you should have gone with the hw clarity it s not that expensive and leave your comp screen clean
I will buy asap , but will keep this one for videos ...

Thks for the kind words ... i think the key for me is the curve ... timing is one tthing , but the curve does everything ...
I just wish Christian will have the ressources and the time to add some stuff here and there lik MS mode , more freq on the sidechain ect ... but even like that it's doing the job like a boss ... ...would love maybe a bigger gui ...to see the girl bigger !!!! (lol joking here , please guyz not another debate about it ....lol)
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Ahaah you literraly made me LOL , man you should have gone with the hw clarity it s not that expensive and leave your comp screen clean
I will buy asap , but will keep this one for videos ...

Thks for the kind words ... i think the key for me is the curve ... timing is one tthing , but the curve does everything ...
I just wish Christian will have the ressources and the time to add some stuff here and there lik MS mode , more freq on the sidechain ect ... but even like that it's doing the job like a boss ... ...would love maybe a bigger gui ...to see the girl bigger !!!! (lol joking here , please guyz not another debate about it ....lol)
HW clarity - what's that? I've been wanting to get a HW VU meter but haven't found one :¬)
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
HW clarity - what's that? I've been wanting to get a HW VU meter but haven't found one :¬)
TC Eletronic Clarity M.
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Nut

+1 on the TC Eletronic Clarity M. Super convenient. Thanks for vid Jeezo, this comp is great
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhifile View Post
+1 on the TC Eletronic Clarity M. Super convenient. Thanks for vid Jeezo, this comp is great
You re welcome

I hope they would offer a discount for clarity for the plugin owners...
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Maniac

Okay soooo...

MDE vs Brighton Opto vs TimP RA6?
Old 23rd June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
@ Nuieve - the 'holy trinity' of desert island efficient comps for me is Arousor (FET), VSC-3 (VCA) and MDE (Vari Mu). Tracks, busses, mixbus, mastering - everything covered. Add IK Tape and Brighton (high CPU/latency - use sparingly, or bounce/print tracks) to that and you're in a happy place indeed.

Great vid as always @ Jeezo , you're very good at these. Unexpected plugin purchase: LM2n loudness meter

BTW, I know you don't use AA/N4 due to CPU/latency, but Brighton (works with the free N4 player) is stunning. Try it on a lead vocal with 10dB GR. You can't hear it working! Then whack it on a drum bus with hot mode engaged Would be fun to watch you explore and enjoy that comp.

Back to MDE - agreed, it's just magic. You summed it up perfectly with "this f***** groove man" :¬)

I adore this comp!
F&$k Brighton comp!?..... when did this land bro!? Totally went under my radar. I have their Osaka. This has to stop. Just bought Vertigo Bundle, Gullfoss, Royal Compressor, Spectre and was thinking of getting the Fuse VCL-25A. Now this! MDE and now you are comin’ at me with Brighton!! .... seriously!....
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Unexpected plugin purchase: LM2n loudness meter
hahaha did the same after the vertigo video from Jeezo
Old 23rd June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
F&$k Brighton comp!?..... when did this land bro!? Totally went under my radar. I have their Osaka. This has to stop. Just bought Vertigo Bundle, Gullfoss, Royal Compressor, Spectre and was thinking of getting the Fuse VCL-25A. Now this! MDE and now you are comin’ at me with Brighton!! .... seriously!....
All the sexy plugins waited, and then ambushed our wallets at the same time
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmeete View Post
was thinking of getting the Fuse VCL-25A
A must.
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amroth View Post
All the sexy plugins waited, and then ambushed our wallets at the same time
Isn’t that sexual harassment?!
Old 24th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaydees View Post
A must.
Yes I bought the last three Fuse releases since I discovered them, that’s what I was afraid of May get it first and MDE later ...
Old 24th June 2019
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dempsey View Post
And that's all fine.
It's just that the total absence of presets on any original analog(ue) unit never prevented people from listening and learning how to use them, or passing on techniques.
Yeah and in this age of not having strong mentoring, internships, and digital plug ins for home studios, we have presets.......

A lot of top guys have go-to setups that they've developed as timesavers. They then tweak to taste....What is the difference?
Old 24th June 2019
One difference is that many professionals encourage new users to listen and experiment, and when there are about three key parameters involved a lot is still possible. Youtube tutorials (from trusted pros) are another. You learn to hear in your mind what's needed and react to that. It comes from listening experience. Otherwise "the possibilities are mindless".

Agreed presets are of course helpful to store & recall - no argument.
I still use my own bizarre shorthand written notes for console settings.
Old 25th June 2019
Lives for gear

It doesn’t have a VU Meter you can switch to though right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhifile View Post
Old 25th June 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McCabe View Post
It doesn’t have a VU Meter you can switch to though right?
No VU, but the Loudness Radar's outer ring can kind of serve as one if calibrated appropriately.
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

As a Kush subscriber, I'm so glad I hesitated on MDE...
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
I far prefer compression action and saturation on MDE to the AR-1 to be honest.
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Addict

look like me also prefer the MDE over the Kush, but I have to test more, before me can really decide!
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thismercifulfate View Post
They’re so different from one another... I guess if your point is that you didn’t have a decent varimu plugin already before you got your freebie from Kush, then ok

I’m a Kush subscriber, too, and I’m glad I bought MDE.
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
They’re so different from one another... I guess if your point is that you didn’t have a decent varimu plugin already before you got your freebie from Kush, then ok

I’m a Kush subscriber, too, and I’m glad I bought MDE.
B sorry to OT a little but is the new kush one sound can t be achieved with novatron already in Mu mod ?
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
B sorry to OT a little but is the new kush one sound can t be achieved with novatron already in Mu mod ?
I couldn't get Novatron to sound anywhere near the MDE. Maybe my lack of skills, but then getting MDE to a sweetspot is so easy. I have not used Novatron for ages though.
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcct View Post
I couldn't get Novatron to sound anywhere near the MDE. Maybe my lack of skills, but then getting MDE to a sweetspot is so easy. I have not used Novatron for ages though.
No i was talking about the new Kush AR-1 versus Novatron ...
Old 26th June 2019
Here for the gear

Novatron sounds quite different to the AR-1.

Novatron to the AR-1 is what a Distressor is to an LA-2A

I personally wouldn't use the AR-1 on a 'modern' drum bus, but Novatron excels at punchy rhythmic compression.

The AR-1 is "thick & gooey" like caramel on transients, but still maintains separation/clarity.

Swap any vocal or bass compressor you have for the AR-1, and A/B between them. Once gain-matched - you'll likely prefer the movement of the AR-1...
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Head

Punch .
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh View Post
The AR-1 is "thick & gooey" like caramel on transients, but still maintains separation/clarity.

Swap any vocal or bass compressor you have for the AR-1, and A/B between them. Once gain-matched - you'll likely prefer the movement of the AR-1...
Agree with the first point.

Not the second though, just tested AR-1 on vox—along with many others—and Brighton was the winner (again). More transparent (compression wise) and more open/spacious/clear.
Old 26th June 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Agree with the first point.

Not the second though, just tested AR-1 on vox—along with many others—and Brighton was the winner (again). More transparent (compression wise) and more open/spacious/clear.

Every week there's a new comp, seemingly better than the last!

Arturia Comp Tube Sta
DDMF MagicDeath Eye
Brighton Opto Tube Comp
Kush AR-1
Sonible Smart Comp A.I.

I can't keep up...

The AR-1 has a tone knob that changes the character quite significantly, but sometimes a particular processor just doesn't sit as nicely in a mix.

The DDMF MagicDeath Eye also does something special that is hard to describe (knee/release behaviour?), but sounds very much like magic.

I'm just grateful that we have so many awesome tools in 2019!
Old 26th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
It’s different...
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
AR-1 has much sharper transients, like a nailgun. Novatron has a more relaxed "pillowy" rounder edges on the transients.
That being said you can get reasonably close to the action in "punish" mode on the Novatron.

The saturation is way more usable and ear pleasing on the AR-1 too. While i dig some fuzzy breakup, i never could use the Novatron's drive on harder settings. You can trash the AR-1 and it sounds sweet.
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frellin' Smesh View Post
Every week there's a new comp, seemingly better than the last!

Arturia Comp Tube Sta
DDMF MagicDeath Eye
Brighton Opto Tube Comp
Kush AR-1
Sonible Smart Comp A.I.

I can't keep up...

The AR-1 has a tone knob that changes the character quite significantly, but sometimes a particular processor just doesn't sit as nicely in a mix.

The DDMF MagicDeath Eye also does something special that is hard to describe (knee/release behaviour?), but sounds very much like magic.

I'm just grateful that we have so many awesome tools in 2019!
wait until what i'm beta testing is released lol !!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search