The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor plugin!
Old 6th February 2020
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
It doesn't really matter at this point. I've maintained my decade long streak of never successfully managing to install one of their demos.

It just keeps saying script failed and I can't see anything to change. The same thing has happened every time, so I probably don't have what it takes to be an Acoustica user.

My experience was similar. And when customer support was less than satisfactory over multiple exchanges, I also had enough and asked them to delete my account and moved on.
Old 8th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
so El-rey is on sale and becomes a little cheaper than this one at the moment... Hopefully we're past the honeymoon period for both.. is MDE the undisputed champ between these two or are they in different categories?

Obviously this has CPU performance on its side..

El Rey is meh. Pros: they nailed the stereo image. Cons: that weird bass bump, and like all acustica products it stills blurs your transients. I think it will have its place so I’m not selling it, though it wasn’t worth the price looking back.

MDE sounds crazy good. IMO it sounds amazing the less you push it. Try slow attack with D1 and just add the slightest compression on your master bus. Listen to how it adds a forward energy/movement.
Old 12th February 2020
adl
Lives for gear

MDE is really great! Been testing it for some time now and finally purchased it (got lucky and got it second hand). The way it brings groove to a track is amazing! Turning it off really shows how stiff a track sounded before. Turning it back on brings instant groove and vibe and bounce.
It really shines when doing less compression, just as many people said before.
I also sometimes like the Vertigo VSC-3 before, to give the track some smack.
Old 12th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by adl View Post
MDE is really great! Been testing it for some time now and finally purchased it (got lucky and got it second hand). The way it brings groove to a track is amazing! Turning it off really shows how stiff a track sounded before. Turning it back on brings instant groove and vibe and bounce.
It really shines when doing less compression, just as many people said before.
I also sometimes like the Vertigo VSC-3 before, to give the track some smack.
Someone sold MDE? Maniac :¬)

VSC > MDE is nice indeed, I usually mix into that (with VSE).
Old 12th February 2020
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Someone sold MDE? Maniac :¬)

VSC > MDE is nice indeed, I usually mix into that (with VSE).
Yeah, didn´t really think that would happen either.

Haven´t been playing around with VSE i must admit. Was blown away with VSC-3 but installed the demo of VSE, as for the price you have to take both.
Old 12th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumerei1838 View Post
El Rey is meh. Pros: they nailed the stereo image. Cons: that weird bass bump, and like all acustica products it stills blurs your transients. I think it will have its place so I’m not selling it, though it wasn’t worth the price looking back.

MDE sounds crazy good. IMO it sounds amazing the less you push it. Try slow attack with D1 and just add the slightest compression on your master bus. Listen to how it adds a forward energy/movement.
Think you’re being a little bit flippant regarding El Rey. One of the biggest plus points of it is the girth it can add to individual sources which are on the thinner side. It rounds out jagged edges and adds fullness in a way that only analogue gear (and Acustica products to a slightly lesser extent) can achieve.

I never use El Rey on mixbus - don’t feel that is its strongest suit but on vocals and acoustic guitars - it definitely has magic which MDE wouldn’t be able to match (IMO). As a general rule I would say MDE was way more versatile on the mixbus.
Old 13th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
Think you’re being a little bit flippant regarding El Rey. One of the biggest plus points of it is the girth it can add to individual sources which are on the thinner side. It rounds out jagged edges and adds fullness in a way that only analogue gear (and Acustica products to a slightly lesser extent) can achieve.

I never use El Rey on mixbus - don’t feel that is its strongest suit but on vocals and acoustic guitars - it definitely has magic which MDE wouldn’t be able to match (IMO). As a general rule I would say MDE was way more versatile on the mixbus.
Agree with this. Especially for vocals. Other options being ToTape6 and and Fuse VPRE-2C.
Old 23rd February 2020
Question Need help

After update windows 10 (now 1909 64 bits) the vst3 64bits version of the plugin appears like i show in the picture.
I've reinstalled the plugin and the problem persist.

However the Vst2 (64 bits) work perfect,the problem is vst3.

Anyone knows what happens?
Thanks.

Windows 10 1909 64 bits.
Attached Thumbnails
DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor plugin!-vst3-problem.jpg  
Old 23rd February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcanicos View Post
After update windows 10 (now 1909 64 bits) the vst3 64bits version of the plugin appears like i show in the picture.

However the Vst2 (64 bits) work perfect,the problem is vst3.

Anyone knows what happens?
Thanks.

Windows 10 1909 64 bits.
Is your video driver up to date? I'm not saying that's the problem, but I had a similar issue awhile back (not with this same VST or company) which was corrected by updating the driver. Just a thought.
Old 23rd February 2020
unr
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by no genre View Post
Is your video driver up to date? I'm not saying that's the problem, but I had a similar issue awhile back (not with this same VST or company) which was corrected by updating the driver. Just a thought.
On updating windows to a new XXxx version it sometimes installs the generic driver by Microsoft. I had to always revert back to my stable graphics driver and everything worked again. I'm currently on 1909 and AMD driver. Will check out vst3 later.
Old 23rd February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
On updating windows to a new XXxx version it sometimes installs the generic driver by Microsoft. I had to always revert back to my stable graphics driver and everything worked again. I'm currently on 1909 and AMD driver. Will check out vst3 later.
My drivers are AMD official drivers,no windows drivers (official ATI RADEON HD5450 driver) no other vst3 plugin in my system have this problem.
I dont know what happened.
Old 23rd February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
I get the same, but with VST2.
Old 23rd February 2020
adl
Lives for gear

VST 2 version working fine here with Win build 1909.
Haven´t installed the VST3 version, so can´t comment about that one.
Old 23rd February 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Both work here. Also on Windows.
Old 23rd February 2020
Quote:
My vst2 version works ok .
Old 23rd February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Both work here. Also on Windows.
windows 1909 ?
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Are you using an official version?
Old 24th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Are you using an official version?
Yes
Old 24th February 2020
Gear Nut

If you could send an email to DDMF support? Then we can figure this out...
Old 24th February 2020
Old 4 weeks ago
What a thread! does SPL Iron hold a candle to MDE ? I can have the first one for 17$ but maybe I should just go to plugin rehab.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownSideUp View Post
What a thread! does SPL Iron hold a candle to MDE ? I can have the first one for 17$ but maybe I should just go to plugin rehab.
Have you demoed both?
Old 4 weeks ago
I can't I'm away from the studio. I was about to just score Iron -one day sale only, but I do own MU and MDE needs to be demoed as it gets rave reviews, I'll probably pass on Iron.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

i once demoed mde against what i have.

trackcomp and mu, didnt buy it.

now i bought iron. its something different.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Not in my opinion. Iron doesn't groove with the source like MDE does. And it doesn't handle harsh transients very well.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Iron for 17 usd is a good deal and it's a little bit different then MDE.

But when I had to decide between both I would Def choose MDE.
Old 4 weeks ago
adl
Lives for gear

Quote:
For me those are totally different as well. MDE is THE groove maker, while Iron is more for final polishing (sold it nevertheless, it's just to complicated to set it up, might be suited for Mastering).
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Even though I have MDE I will probably get IRON since it's only costing me $15 even if I only use it as eye candy to impress friends and potential girlfriends when playing them my tracks. I do think it is probably one of the sexiest GUI's out there at the moment so I will buy it as an artwork.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaugruen7 View Post
i once demoed mde against what i have.

trackcomp and mu, didnt buy it.

now i bought iron. its something different.
Why didn't you buy MDE ?

thank you all for the replies.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why didn't you buy MDE ?

thank you all for the replies.
Handling of the compressor and didnt bring me to another universe. I try to stay on a slim with my tools and only buy something when urgend slut need is involved. I decide with my ears and sometimes don't hear something totally better. And I avoid "having all", better to learn my tools which are already great.

But I need to admit that this plugin alliance thing last weekend got my unguarded. ...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search