The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
DDMF MagicDeathEye compressor plugin!
Old 12th July 2019
  #331
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Opened it today and saw a message about an update available.

There's now a wet/dry knob and more output gain.
Ooh wet/dry is a great move. UNLINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12th July 2019
  #332
Lives for gear
 
Nighthawk77's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Caffrey View Post
Opened it today and saw a message about an update available.

There's now a wet/dry knob and more output gain.
Great, both those are good new features.

Some other possible features:

Dual tube selection for a choice of tubes.

A X5 or X10 harmonics boost.

I know those are not features on the hardware but hey, the original features are already there.

These would be Bonus features......
Old 12th July 2019
  #333
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Bug: makeup gain now recalls incorrectly. I had -2.5 and it recalled at +4.9.
Old 12th July 2019
  #334
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
Bug: makeup gain now recalls incorrectly. I had -2.5 and it recalled at +4.9.
Just tried a recall (Ableton Live 9/Win 10) and no problem at all. Hit the support, it should be sorted out quickly !
Old 12th July 2019
  #335
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 

Same problem here. Output gain is messed up when recalling projects saved with previous version.
Old 12th July 2019
  #336
Lives for gear
 
thermos's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Same problem here. Output gain is messed up when recalling projects saved with previous version.
yeah, non zero numbers. Logic here. UNLINK
Old 13th July 2019
  #337
Gear Head
 

Thank you for the next update. Going to test it now
Old 13th July 2019
  #338
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Same problem here. Output gain is messed up when recalling projects saved with previous version.
I think sonce gain structure changed , recall recalls knob positions and not its absolute value ...
Old 13th July 2019
  #339
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 

It obviously seems so, but that ruins compatibility with older versions and messes up recall of previous projects which is a no-no. A proper solution would be desirable. Until then I had to go back to 1.0.3.
Old 15th July 2019
  #340
Gear Nut
 

Sorry about this, should be fixed now (same URL for the installer).
Old 15th July 2019
  #341
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Sorry about this, should be fixed now (same URL for the installer).
Is the fix called 1.04 or 1.05 ?
cheers
Old 15th July 2019
  #342
Gear Nut
 

Still 1.0.4...
Old 15th July 2019
  #343
Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Still 1.0.4...
So if you already installed 1.0.4 you should download the new version and install it again?
Old 15th July 2019
  #344
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk77 View Post
Great, both those are good new features.

Some other possible features:

Dual tube selection for a choice of tubes.

A X5 or X10 harmonics boost.

I know those are not features on the hardware but hey, the original features are already there.

These would be Bonus features......

Well if we're dropping all our wishes..... Peak/RMS detector switch : )

Wouldn't that put this plug in a really special niche of swiss army knife compressors? The release on this thing is already gorgeous.
Old 18th July 2019
  #345
Lives for gear
 
Nighthawk77's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumerei1838 View Post
Well if we're dropping all our wishes..... Peak/RMS detector switch : )

Wouldn't that put this plug in a really special niche of swiss army knife compressors? The release on this thing is already gorgeous.
Well, after all, it is called, "MagicDeathEye"....

Those are just some ideas on the fly.

Its super cool just the way it is.

But......
Old 18th July 2019
  #346
OMU
Lives for gear
 
OMU's Avatar
 

Adjusting the output screw crashes Cubase 10 every time. VST3, Mac cylinder, Sierra.

Last edited by OMU; 18th July 2019 at 09:02 AM..
Old 18th July 2019
  #347
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMU View Post
Adjusting the output screw crashes Cubase 10 every time. VST3, Mac cylinder, Sierra.
I reported that some time ago, on version 1.01.
I would recommend sending them a support email, so they know it is not a one off issue.
I did write it here but no one noticed and I though I am the only one.
But yeah on Cubase this was unusable.
Old 23rd July 2019
  #348
Gear Maniac
 

It's amazing how this thing can be zero latency, the list of zero latency plugins is pretty small, and the list of good zl plugins is even smaller. Because it's ZL, this means it might have applications even outside of music. With use of Cantabile Lite and Voicemeeter, I can apply this plugin as vst fx to my dialog/gaming microphone.
Old 26th July 2019
  #349
Gear Maniac
 

Unlink and MS! Please!
Old 26th July 2019
  #350
Gear Maniac
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

I’ve been holding off for as long as I could buying this but today I happend to try it on a vocal that was a little unruly and a little harsh and it just held on to it and warmed it up without dulling it down or choking the life out of it - something I failed to do with my other comps (VSC-3 was great here but lacked the needed warmth)

And it replaced Gem670 on drumbus, the Gem is great but this is a little more open and stayed true to the source but still giving it such a smooth punch and glue!

It’s exactly what I’ve dreamed about from watching Vari-mu comps in action on youtube, even down to the needle action that reflects the sound perfectly - makes it inspiring and fun to make music which actually can reflect the end result (for me)
Old 27th July 2019
  #351
Gear Maniac
 

Is this going to be updated with Unlink (LR) or MS? Or not at all?
Old 27th July 2019
  #352
Lives for gear
 
stealthbalance's Avatar
 

insane ... bought !

big thanks to ian and christian for this compressor !
Old 27th July 2019
  #353
Gear Maniac
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

Noticed a little bug: Increasing output gain crashes S1 4.5.2 on mac for me
Old 28th July 2019
  #354
Lives for gear
 
Nighthawk77's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdued View Post
Still 1.0.4...
There will probably be an update on the horizon.
Old 29th July 2019
  #355
Gear Maniac
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

I’m finding myself using the time constants 1, 2 & 3 mostly. What do you guys find yourself using the D1 and D2 for?
Old 29th July 2019
  #356
Here for the gear
 

Very functional

Wow, the quality is so good! Tried the demo and im hooked now...
Old 31st July 2019
  #357
Gear Maniac
 

DDMF No Reply thru emails, its been days. Im reporting massive CPU Spikes on Studio One v4. Its random, sometimes when you copy and drag the plugin to another track or duplicate the track with MDE. AU version.
Old 31st July 2019
  #358
Gear Maniac
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
DDMF No Reply thru emails, its been days. Im reporting massive CPU Spikes on Studio One v4. Its random, sometimes when you copy and drag the plugin to another track or duplicate the track with MDE. AU version.
Same here, the behaviour seems very random! Have to restart S1 and it sometimes works and sometimes not
Old 31st July 2019
  #359
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitchieBorg View Post
Same here, the behaviour seems very random! Have to restart S1 and it sometimes works and sometimes not
Yes! Glad im not the only one! Even changing the sample rate doesnt resolve the issue
Old 31st July 2019
  #360
Gear Maniac
 
RitchieBorg's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Yes! Glad im not the only one! Even changing the sample rate doesnt resolve the issue
Also crashes often turning output and wet/dry knob.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump