The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Springs - Vintage Spring Reverb + Baxandall EQ
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Springs - Vintage Spring Reverb + Baxandall EQ

Springs is a plugin which features a collection of vintage spring reverbs paired with an authentic Baxandall EQ emulation.

Springs features emulations from 8 types of spring reverbs, ranging from a long 6-spring pipe to a tiny battery-powered single-spring unit. We have used a combination of convolution and modelling to recreate the vintage character of each reverb.

Details
  • Price: $69 / €69 (VAT inc.)
  • 8 Vintage Spring Reverbs
  • Baxandall EQ (three bands)
  • 50 Presets
  • Preset randomizer
  • Formats: VST, VST3, AU, and AAX (64bit only!)
  • Minimum Requirements: OS X 10.7, Windows 7

SoundCloud Demo: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/springs

Video Overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg9Rq0IZvxo

Product Page: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/springs/
Attached Thumbnails
Springs - Vintage Spring Reverb + Baxandall EQ-ku7iach.jpg  

Last edited by audiothing; 14th June 2019 at 08:25 AM.. Reason: Moving image hosting to Gearslutz servers.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

I want!
Old 23rd May 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Looks amazing!
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Head

I’ve been waiting for this one and it’s even better than I hoped it would be :-)

The emulations I’ve tried (Softube, Overloud, Uhe and others) don’t sound like spring reverbs at all to me but this one nails it (just like the one in Audiothings Outer Verb).
Great controls and a very nice selection of units. Love it.

I saw that more spring reverbs will be added, a Fender reverb tank would be kinda awesome
Old 23rd May 2019
Gear Addict

Nooooooooo! Not another plugin I want.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Do you plan to expand upon Baxandall EQ emulation as a separate plugin?
This thing sounds really good.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Instant buy
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

demos sound very good.

somebody get this guy a Fisher 'Space Expander'.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar65 View Post
I’ve been waiting for this one and it’s even better than I hoped it would be :-)

The emulations I’ve tried (Softube, Overloud, Uhe and others) don’t sound like spring reverbs at all to me but this one nails it (just like the one in Audiothings Outer Verb).
Great controls and a very nice selection of units. Love it.

I saw that more spring reverbs will be added, a Fender reverb tank would be kinda awesome
Thank you for your feedback! Yes, the plan is to add more spring reverbs in future updates. I may have access to a few Fender amps in the following months, we'll see
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
Do you plan to expand upon Baxandall EQ emulation as a separate plugin?
This thing sounds really good.
Originally, the idea was to release a Baxandall EQ dedicated plugin, but then the project got delayed for several reasons. When I finally started working on Springs, I thought that it would just make sense to include the Baxandall emulation with the spring reverbs. It's a perfect match.
You can also use just the EQ bypassing the spring section if you want. So, I'm not sure if a dedicated Baxandall EQ plugin would make much sense now.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothing View Post
Thank you for your feedback! Yes, the plan is to add more spring reverbs in future updates. I may have access to a few Fender amps in the following months, we'll see
Aaaaaand... that seals the deal. Done.
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
demos sound very good.

somebody get this guy a Fisher 'Space Expander'.
Thanks! I'll try to get one!
Old 23rd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks! I'll try to get one!
believe me, that would be a pretty big deal. just remembered, it's actually called 'SpaceXpander' (one word, no "E").

there seems to be some educated guesses that he only used one of the springs though?

some talk about that here:

Are Spring Reverbs good for vintage soundtrack vibes?

Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

AudioThing did it again!

So good. So many nice toys in this last couple of years! just got an e-mail with intro message. I am so going to demo this but somehow I am sure that Springs will deliver amazing results. As always.

So, best wishes to AudioThing and Mr. Castellano for yet another good tool.

Best to all!

Krešo
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

All my other AudioThings are beckoning: “Come Springs, come and live with us here.”
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Nut

I love the noise on each spring. I'm pretty sure, 99% of human beings don't care about how authentic an emulated 60hz hum sounds but I do. Proper Rhythm & Sound style
Old 24th May 2019
Deleted e71ab78
Woa this sounds very good. Really well designed in all aspects.
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baslotto View Post
Aaaaaand... that seals the deal. Done.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biksonije View Post
AudioThing did it again!

So good. So many nice toys in this last couple of years! just got an e-mail with intro message. I am so going to demo this but somehow I am sure that Springs will deliver amazing results. As always.

So, best wishes to AudioThing and Mr. Castellano for yet another good tool.

Best to all!

Krešo
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
All my other AudioThings are beckoning: “Come Springs, come and live with us here.”
Ahahah, creepy plugins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e71ab78 View Post
Woa this sounds very good. Really well designed in all aspects.
Thank you!
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubguy99 View Post
I love the noise on each spring. I'm pretty sure, 99% of human beings don't care about how authentic an emulated 60hz hum sounds but I do. Proper Rhythm & Sound style
Yeah, I actually think it's really important to have the right noise for a proper emulation. Each one of these spring reverbs has its own character and that's also due to their background noise.
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
You can also use just the EQ bypassing the spring section if you want. So, I'm not sure if a dedicated Baxandall EQ plugin would make much sense now.
One reason in favor of splitting out the EQ section into its own separate plugin would be workflow. When looking for an EQ in my categorized plugin browser, it wouldn't be immediately obvious to think "Spring Reverb!" Nor might I want the additional [perceived] clutter from the sections of the Springs GUI not in use in the EQ. But a quick, easy, Baxandall EQ might be the perfect thing on a particular track. So having the EQ section as a standalone plugin would help solve for those issues, even if it was ultimately the same exact thing as running Springs with the Spring section off.

Also, the EQ section is appropriately sized for a spring reverb plugin, but a standalone Baxandall EQ could have a slightly bigger GUI dedicated to the EQ controls. I think this would again, help with workflow when all you want is a dedicated EQ.

I'm not sure what the development effort might be, but maybe release the standalone Baxandall EQ as a freebie for Springs owners (sort of like how OuterVerb became OuterSpace but in reverse) and charge a few bucks for the standalone EQ alone with an upgrade to Springs. Just an idea. It may not be at feasible or worth it on your side, and that's totally cool too.
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
One reason in favor of splitting out the EQ section into its own separate plugin would be workflow. When looking for an EQ in my categorized plugin browser, it wouldn't be immediately obvious to think "Spring Reverb!" Nor might I want the additional [perceived] clutter from the sections of the Springs GUI not in use in the EQ. But a quick, easy, Baxandall EQ might be the perfect thing on a particular track. So having the EQ section as a standalone plugin would help solve for those issues, even if it was ultimately the same exact thing as running Springs with the Spring section off.

Also, the EQ section is appropriately sized for a spring reverb plugin, but a standalone Baxandall EQ could have a slightly bigger GUI dedicated to the EQ controls. I think this would again, help with workflow when all you want is a dedicated EQ.

I'm not sure what the development effort might be, but maybe release the standalone Baxandall EQ as a freebie for Springs owners (sort of like how OuterVerb became OuterSpace but in reverse) and charge a few bucks for the standalone EQ alone with an upgrade to Springs. Just an idea. It may not be at feasible or worth it on your side, and that's totally cool too.
Refering to that last paragraph, that is such a good idea.
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuonacc View Post
believe me, that would be a pretty big deal. just remembered, it's actually called 'SpaceXpander' (one word, no "E").

there seems to be some educated guesses that he only used one of the springs though?

some talk about that here:[cut]
Yeah, I was about to get one on soundgas but then bought the GBS and the Pioneer instead. I'll keep an eye on the next one.
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post

All good points indeed. It makes sense and shouldn't be too challenging. I'll think about the best way to implement it. Thank you for your feedback!
Old 24th May 2019
Sounds great. Want to buy it but computer says no. It goes to paypal and when I click
"Order" it just spins for a while and then nothing happens...
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
Sounds great. Want to buy it but computer says no. It goes to paypal and when I click
"Order" it just spins for a while and then nothing happens...
This usually happens if your browser autofill the VAT field with a wrong value. Double check that the VAT field is empty before continuing to Paypal. Alternatively, you can try to checkout using an incognito tab.
Old 24th May 2019
Thanks. It did the trick. Rocking the springs in my newest mix. Awesome stuff!
Old 24th May 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Great plugin. Having a blast with it today.

The Eq is really sweet. I might be the only one wanting this but for workflow purposes I’d love to have the bax filters on the Eq as well. I don’t need a separate plugin but if you do it

Thanks!
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Man I just bought Twangstrom!!! But I can never say no to springverbs.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibralux View Post
Thanks. It did the trick. Rocking the springs in my newest mix. Awesome stuff!
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Great plugin. Having a blast with it today.

The Eq is really sweet. I might be the only one wanting this but for workflow purposes I’d love to have the bax filters on the Eq as well. I don’t need a separate plugin but if you do it

Thanks!
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It looks like a separate plugin is definitely a good option

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchillak View Post
Man I just bought Twangstrom!!! But I can never say no to springverbs.
They are different, you can never have enough reverbs (especially spring reverbs!)
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Guru

Desperatly looks for spings for my drums .... i'm preety cool with the overloud (i pair it with a VSS 3 or PCM room to get what i want) so i'm gonna test this baby !!

and the King Tubby link is on point alwayz in my car
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search