The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.9 Featuring the Capitol Chambers Plug‑In
Old 21st May 2019
Manufacturer

Universal Audio Releases UAD Software v9.9 Featuring the Capitol Chambers Plug‑In

Quote:
UAD | Capitol Chambers and Tube-Tech

UAD | Capitol Chambers and Tube-Tech
SCOTTS VALLEY, CA • May 21st, 2019 — Universal Audio is proud to release UAD Software v9.9 featuring the Capitol Chambers plug-in, the world's first authentic plug-in emulation of Capitol Studios' iconic underground echo chambers, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio Interfaces.

Capitol Chambers Plug-In — $349

Prized for their natural sound and dense ambience, the subterranean echo chambers at Capitol Studios were designed by recording pioneer Les Paul. Famous for their smooth response and lengthy decay times, these chambers have graced thousands of hits — from Ray Charles to Frank Sinatra, Beck to Muse.

In crafting the Capitol Chambers plug-in, UA were granted unprecedented access to Capitol's four most popular chambers, 30-feet beneath the studio, and used historic technical diagrams from the early ’60s to recreate the exact microphone and speaker/horn arrangements. New and creative mic/speaker combos were also devised by UA and Capitol's chief engineer, Steve Genewick.

Harnessing the same technology as the award-winning Ocean Way Studios plug-in, Capitol Chambers uses UA’s proprietary Dynamic Room Modeling technology, an exclusive combination of physical modeling and advanced measurement techniques, letting the user reposition the mics within the chamber for next-level ambience control.

Capitol Chambers Plug-In — Key Features:
• Precisely modeled emulation of Capitol Studios' historic echo chambers, exclusively for UAD hardware and UA Audio
Interfaces
• Licensed and endorsed by Capitol Studios with mic/speaker setups curated by Capitol's Steve Genewick
• Dynamic Room Modeling allows users to create new sounds by repositioning chamber microphones
• Access the chamber's entire signal chain including amplifiers, speakers, custom preamps, and mics
• Presets from legendary Grammy-winning engineers Al Schmitt (Ray Charles, Steely Dan), Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead),
Frank Filipetti (Madonna, Paul McCartney) and more
• Other features include adjustable Decay, Pre Delay, sweepable low-cut filter, three-band EQ, Dry/Wet mix, and Width

Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII Compressor — $299*

*$99 for current Tube-Tech CL 1B owners

Developed by Softube, the Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII is an updated emulation of a modern classic opto compressor, fully authenticated by Tube-Tech, Denmark. A go-to vocal compressor for major pop, R&B, and hip-hop artists from Kanye to Jennifer Lopez and more, the new CL 1B MkII adds Sidechain Low Cut and Parallel Compression controls, as well as updated hi‑res graphics.

Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII Compressor Plug-In — Key Features:
• An updated emulation of a modern classic compressor, fully authenticated by Tube-Tech, Denmark
• Optical tube compression with a modern sound and reimagined features
• New Sidechain Low Cut and Parallel Compression controls
• Updated hi-res graphics for 4K and Ultra HD screens

Download UAD Software v9.9:
www.uaudio.com/uad/downloads

Press Releases and Images for UAD software v9.9 can be found here:
www.uaudio.com/press

Learn more about the Capitol Chambers plug-in:
https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/r...?autoplay=true

Learn more about the Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII Compressor plug-in:
http://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/co...ompressor.html

About UAD Powered Plug-Ins

Powered by Universal Audio’s popular UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware and Apollo Thunderbolt and USB audio interfaces, UAD Powered Plug-Ins offer the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins on Mac and PC. UAD plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.

About Universal Audio Inc.

Founded in 1958 by recording pioneer Bill Putnam Sr., and refounded in 1999 by Bill Putnam Jr., Universal Audio is best known for its classic, hand-built analog hardware and advanced UAD Digital Signal Processing technology for recording, mixing, and mastering audio. Headquartered in Scotts Valley, California, UA is focused on merging the best of vintage analog and modern digital technology, following its rich recording heritage and motto, "Analog Ears. Digital Minds." www.uaudio.com

©2019 Universal Audio, Inc. All rights reserved. Product features, specifications, pricing, and availability are subject to change without notice. The "Universal Audio" name, UA "diamond" logo, "Apollo," "Apollo Twin," "UAD," "Powered Plug-Ins," and "UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins" are trademarks of Universal Audio Inc.

Last edited by Universal Audio; 21st May 2019 at 08:41 PM..
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Wow. It's pretty awesome that this is happening.
Old 21st May 2019
Till today, I consider Capitol Chambers as unreal in plugin world....
Old 21st May 2019
Mho
Lives for gear

Priced ok... For 2007. I'll pass.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

I'm just saying 349 dollars!!!!!!

Yesterday I bought Acustica Audio´s Ultramarine 4 (EQ, pre, compressor, and reverb) for under 60 dollars (I used my 55% discount). And it was amazing!! By the way, I have bought a lot of UAD plugins during the years (which i seldom use because other stuff is better) and they give me, well, no discount at all. To summarize: Some companies love their customers, and some don't give a f%k about theirs. Avid is equally bad.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Is the Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII worth it?
Old 21st May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mho View Post
Priced ok... For 2007. I'll pass.
OK, booking of Capitol Chambers will be less expensive...
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
Nowadays you can buy good hardware stuff for that price so ... NO! And Softube (the creator) quite often sell that plugin for half the money. By the way I bought Trackcomp (DMG) and I cannot hear the difference between the LA2 mode and Tube-Tech CL 1B MkII. I think the algoritms are almost identical.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeUppsala View Post
I'm just saying 349 dollars!!!!!!

Yesterday I bought Acustica Audio´s Ultramarine 4 (EQ, pre, compressor, and reverb) for under 60 dollars (I used my 55% discount). And it was amazing!! By the way, I have bought a lot of UAD plugins during the years (which i seldom use because other stuff is better) and they give me, well, no discount at all. To summarize: Some companies love their customers, and some don't give a f%k about theirs. Avid is equally bad.
I haven't personally found that "other stuff is better" and UAD has sales and coupons all year round. Nobody buys this stuff when it first comes out unless they don't mind paying full list.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:

I haven‘t paid full price for a single uad plugin so far, there are discounts all over the place.

Which uad plugins did you buy at full price?

... which you don’t use anymore because other stuff ... that‘s trolling at its best if you ask me
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
I haven't personally found that "other stuff is better" and UAD has sales and coupons all year round. Nobody buys this stuff when it first comes out unless they don't mind paying full list.
Acustica Audio, Fuse audio, Leapwing, DMG, Fabfilter, Voxengo (Gliss EQ is amazing), Zynaptiq, Sound theory (Gullfoss), Balance mastering, Sknote and especially the Nebula guys (AlexB and Tim and Tim) are all, in my opinion, superior to the UAD stuff. And cheaper (well not Zynaptiq).
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Nowadays you can buy good hardware stuff for that price.
I‘m very interested in what kind of hardware you‘re referring to for 300$

The tube-tech comp was one of the finest peaces of hw I ever touched
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Acustica Audio, Fuse audio, Leapwing, DMG, Fabfilter, Voxengo (Gliss EQ is amazing), Zynaptiq, Sound theory (Gullfoss), Balance mastering, Sknote and especially the Nebula guys (AlexB and Tim and Tim) are all, in my opinion, superior to the UAD stuff. And cheaper (well not Zynaptiq).
Again, it's good that we all have opinions!

TH
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucmusic View Post
I haven‘t paid full price for a single uad plugin so far, there are discounts all over the place.

Which uad plugins did you buy at full price?

... which you don’t use anymore because other stuff ... that‘s trolling at its best if you ask me
I´m not sure I bought any plugin at full price. Black friday, christmas sale and so on, but they still cost more than the full price of nearly every other brand. "Trolling"? No, but a very disappointed customer who has spent to much money in that company and yes, I do get, a 50 dollar discount now and then. But 349 minus 50 is 299. Ridiculous! As I said Acustica Audio gave me a 55% discount. Thats something else. And, if you defend UAD my conclusion is that you do the trolling.

The only reason I still use some UAD plugins is I own Apollo 8P and when the CPU load is to high I change the really good (CPU intense ) plugins like Nebula to the UAD stuff.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

This thread is as predictable as sunrise, whenever UAD comes out with anything new.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucmusic View Post
I‘m very interested in what kind of hardware you‘re referring to for 300$

The tube-tech comp was one of the finest peaces of hw I ever touched
Golden age comes to my mind. Extremely good value.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Addict
was hoping to see 175B & 160 plugins, as well as some sort of room eq correction slot on the master outs (ala Sonarworks)

cool sounding verb though. add to the pile of already cool sounding verbs.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
This thread is as predictable as sunrise, whenever UAD comes out with anything new.
Well a solid proof that their economic department has left the building.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well a solid proof that their economic department has left the building.
They have a very expensive product line, that's why people wait for sales, etc.

Personally I'd rather have a room full of hardware for many of these plugs, but have not won FL Lotto yet
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Well UAD ( with coupon ) for me it’ll be $50. I have hardware ( NOT cl1b ). And I have all the NEBULA 3rd Party stuff.
Old 21st May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick_ View Post
I tried a demo (Softube/Reason version) and it was superb on vocal and good on bass guitar and synths. Never tried the hardware but the plug-in didn't disappoint. It was roughly the same price then (5 years ago) as the UAD now...so allowing for inflation and that it's such a usable, high-quality comp, not too expensive - but more than I have to spend.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Addict

And only 74% per instance / chip and max 48khz.
Old 21st May 2019
Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
Capitol Chambers does not max out @ 96k, it'll do all rates.

There is a 48k limit on all single DSP chip products, maybe that's what you're thinking of?
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
That's why we have FREEZE.
Old 22nd May 2019
Gear Maniac

Pardon me for posting about something other than the price, but I thought the demos of the Capitol plug-in sounded fantastic. So cool they made this.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoff View Post
Pardon me for posting about something other than the price, but I thought the demos of the Capitol plug-in sounded fantastic. So cool they made this.
Haha. I agree the Capitol plugin sounds great.
Personally I have enough reverbs so dont need
another one right now. But I’ll use the 14-day demo for some project mix, no doubt.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoff View Post
So cool they made this.
A true public service, IMO, as it is a part of American history. Makes me wish Gold Star hadn't been torn down decades ago so it could have also received this treatment.
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

The demos sound fantastic

As I don't have a UAD card/interface I'm never going to get this but, it looks like a job very well done.

Last edited by Beatworld; 22nd May 2019 at 03:25 AM..
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

This is just fantastic!!!

It’s a must buy! We can wait until Black Friday
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
The demos sound fantastic

As I don't have a UAD card/interface I'm never going to get this but, it looks like a job very well done.
Never say never
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search