The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
B-5 Organ V2.5 Update, a few fixes and two new organ models.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Maniac

Software B-5 Organ V2.5 Update, a few fixes and two new organ models.

We just released the Version 2.5 of the B-5 Organ, this new version contains a few internal fixes and optimizations, but more importantly, we added 2 new organ voicings.

Fixes
- There was in some very rare cases stuck tonewheels happening when using the preset keys, this should be fixed now.
- The percussion volume drop was happening on the non-percussion presets, it's not the case anymore.
- There are a few other internal fixes and improvements that were released since the V2 as silent updates, like the addition of a few organ controllers or the DI volume that you can mix with the microphones.

New organ models
Thanks to our friend Joe Doria, we were able to add a very good sounding A101 from 1963. And while we were at it, we decided to also add the organ we used for the videos, a chopped 1964 A102 bringing the B-5 to a total of 6 very distinct Organ models.
A101 and A102 organs are exactly the same as A100 models, only the type of wood (and the legs for the A101) changes. There are more audible changes between years that are mostly electronics and different adjustments to them which explains why these models all sound different.

Here is Joe testing different features of the B-5 Organ, and then another one with more serious playing mixed with drums!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6OAlKfDYTQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8j-PngcHiw

If you already own the B-5, then this "update" is FREE, here are the steps to get it:

1- Log into your account and download the new file from the download page (the file B-5-Organ-v2.5-EDC.rar)
2- Update UVI Workstation or Falcon to the latest version (this is important).

If you don't already have it, the B-5 Organ V2 is still at the same price (99€ / $109) and you can learn more about it and get it from here: www.acousticsamples.net/B5
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Fantastic. Feels like Christmas morning and
there is a new package under the tree.
Thanks for improving this already great
product.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Nut

how I wish Abbey Road doors would open to your company, so you could sample Abbey Road RT-3, played by the bands that famous, the namedrop is not at all necessary.

thank you for the update, btw.
Old 21st May 2019
Gear Head

Merci Arno for the free update, I love the new A102 with the 147 Rotary !
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Maniac

You're welcome! Have fun with it and merry Christmas
Old 24th May 2019
Lives for gear

Issue with the MW to rotary speed still remains. It has never been fixed.

The MW sets the Leslie to either slow (bottom of travel) braked (middle of travel) or fast (top of travel). The problem is there is no way to gauge EXACTLY when it will go to braked, since the MW doesn't have clicking "detente" positions. As an old B3 player who has the habit of resting his hand on the Leslie "half-moon" switch while playing, this is beyond annoying. Yes I get it that you can assign rotary speed to the sustain pedal or another switch. I'm not going to do that, it isn't how I roll on the Hammond, as I play standing up.

If I want the Leslie braked, I simply set it brake and play the song..I never RESET it to fast or slow for the song. An example is "Green Onions". That song has the Leslie on brake the entire time. So do some (but not all) Jimmy Smith tunes.

The fix should be easy..set the MW (controller #1 ) so it alternates between just TWO values. On most clonewheel organs, and all current Hammond models, there is a "stop" Leslie switch, that can be assigned to set it to brake.

I tried sending a support ticket after logging in to my account, but I can't get past the Captcha screen, which goes blank.
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Nut

Try their support forum page, if you will

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=162

Their support guy, under the nick of thysm00, responds regularly.
Old 27th May 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
Issue with the MW to rotary speed still remains. It has never been fixed.

The MW sets the Leslie to either slow (bottom of travel) braked (middle of travel) or fast (top of travel). The problem is there is no way to gauge EXACTLY when it will go to braked, since the MW doesn't have clicking "detente" positions. As an old B3 player who has the habit of resting his hand on the Leslie "half-moon" switch while playing, this is beyond annoying. Yes I get it that you can assign rotary speed to the sustain pedal or another switch. I'm not going to do that, it isn't how I roll on the Hammond, as I play standing up.

If I want the Leslie braked, I simply set it brake and play the song..I never RESET it to fast or slow for the song. An example is "Green Onions". That song has the Leslie on brake the entire time. So do some (but not all) Jimmy Smith tunes.

The fix should be easy..set the MW (controller #1 ) so it alternates between just TWO values. On most clonewheel organs, and all current Hammond models, there is a "stop" Leslie switch, that can be assigned to set it to brake.

I tried sending a support ticket after logging in to my account, but I can't get past the Captcha screen, which goes blank.
There is already an option to separate the Leslie start stop from the regular behaviour. in the MIDI panel, you will see at the bottom of the list a "Leslie start/stop" option. Set it to any MIDI controller and it should do the trick.

There is just one thing that might not work here though, if you set it to stop using any CC and then move the half moon, then it will override the latest MIDI cc movement and start the Leslie again, but i guess this is something desirable for most users.

Btw, this is not really a bug, it's how we meant to set it and it's also how many half moons are wired, with 3 positions. I agree that there is a click that blocks the position, but this is a physical element that you can probably get (i just googled it quickly and found a clavia).
Old 27th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcousticsampleS View Post
There is already an option to separate the Leslie start stop from the regular behaviour. in the MIDI panel, you will see at the bottom of the list a "Leslie start/stop" option. Set it to any MIDI controller and it should do the trick.

There is just one thing that might not work here though, if you set it to stop using any CC and then move the half moon, then it will override the latest MIDI cc movement and start the Leslie again, but i guess this is something desirable for most users.

Btw, this is not really a bug, it's how we meant to set it and it's also how many half moons are wired, with 3 positions. I agree that there is a click that blocks the position, but this is a physical element that you can probably get (i just googled it quickly and found a clavia).
Thank you so much for the information!
I will try it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search