The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kuassa releases Amplifikation Matchlock!!!
Old 10th May 2019
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Software Kuassa releases Amplifikation Matchlock!!!

Kuassa releases second amp simulator using Kuassa’s 3rd gen tube simulation engine. Proudly brought you the heritage of the classic American sound to your desktop, we present the Kuassa Amplifikation Matchlock.

There are many great names in the history of guitar
amplifiers, but there’s probably nothing more influential and intriguing than the one who guides along with the birth of rock n roll: Fender* amplifiers. It was the choice of the pioneers of rock n roll such as Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly, Keith Richards, Dick Dale, and even The Beatles.

Amplifikation Matchlock is inspired by Fender* combo amps and thanks to the 3rd gen Tube Simulation engine guarantees a more dynamic natural sounding, realistic amp recording experience for guitarists.

Go get yours on intro price: https://www.kuassa.com/products/amplifikation-matchlock








https://soundcloud.com/kuassa/sets/a...tion-matchlock
Old 10th May 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Vermilion is my go to clean amp plugin...so perhaps this one is just a bit better? I'll definitely be demoing it, even though I shouldn't.

Have the VST3 preset bugs been sorted out? That has been a problem for me with Vermilion and Cerberus in Cockos REAPER. VST 2.4 works perfectly fine.
Old 10th May 2019
  #3
Lives for gear
 
jimmydeluxe's Avatar
gonna try this!

though gotta say I was a bit disappointed-thought it might be a matchless, like my clubman *sniff* miss her...
Old 11th May 2019
  #4
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Instant buy, and glad I did -- it sounds great! Kuassa is on a roll. I've only had 30 minutes with it but I think this is their best amp sim yet.
Old 11th May 2019
  #5
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Vermilion is my go to clean amp plugin...so perhaps this one is just a bit better? I'll definitely be demoing it, even though I shouldn't.

Have the VST3 preset bugs been sorted out? That has been a problem for me with Vermilion and Cerberus in Cockos REAPER. VST 2.4 works perfectly fine.
Caliburn is also very nice and the saturation and distortion algorithms (for light crunchy tones - very difficult to achieve convincing results in amp sims) are better in my opinion than in Vermilion. And the transient response is likewise impressive.
Old 11th May 2019
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Just tried the demo. Sounds terrific .
Old 11th May 2019
  #7
Lives for gear
 

agreed, except for the air brakes every 40 secs, wish it would just drop out or shimmer.... think I'll click $ anyway and get rid of the issue
Old 12th May 2019
  #8
Gear Nut
 

Dimi, could you tell your pals at Kuassa we actually need a proper Hiwatt DR103 amp emulation?

Seriously, I'd pay triple the 35 for the amp and just as much for WEM Super Starfinder 200 cab ... http://www.gilmourish.com/?page_id=70

if only someone did this right in software ...

Fender cleans are obviously nice, but lets not forget about high gain ...



Old 13th May 2019
  #9
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Hiwatt Noted!

Two demos from today!



Old 14th May 2019
  #10
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Ibanez with Humbuckers
Old 14th May 2019
  #11
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Blues straight amp demo
Old 14th May 2019
  #12
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
All of the superlatives used to describe these amps? Chime, twang, shimmer, etc. This software seems to offer all of them. Most others do not.
Old 14th May 2019
  #13
Gear Nut
 

Dimi, could you post your Matchlock presets, from product demos and other stuff?
Old 15th May 2019
  #14
might be the best clean amp sim yet. with the bias and sag it can get dirty and nasty (in a good way!)

researching it... heard some glitches when moving the mics in Reason, maybe I should wait on the RE version.
Old 18th May 2019
  #15
Lives for gear
 

I have to say after demoing this, it's a beautiful ampsim, it really brings out the tone of my strat like no other ampsim ever has, and it feels so good, definitely going to buy this along with Caliburn which I have also been demoing, I was actually shocked how good these are, my favourite ampsims have been from Mercurial, but these match them and I cannot believe I didn't try them before.
Old 18th May 2019
  #16
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
In my experience, these (Matchlock and Caliburn) surpass Mercurial's options. The only change I'd request is to the GUI. Too small, not resizable, and generally a bit dated. I no longer need to see an interface which looks like the device being emulated in order to feel as though I'm using that device. Forgoing the amp/cab graphics would allow a much cleaner and more useful GUI. They've done well with the effects. And PLEASE apply that new interface style to Cerberus -- it's sort of a confined mess.
Old 18th May 2019
  #17
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elambo View Post
In my experience, these (Matchlock and Caliburn) surpass Mercurial's options. The only change I'd request is to the GUI. Too small, not resizable, and generally a bit dated. I no longer need to see an interface which looks like the device being emulated in order to feel as though I'm using that device. Forgoing the amp/cab graphics would allow a much cleaner and more useful GUI. They've done well with the effects. And PLEASE apply that new interface style to Cerberus -- it's sort of a confined mess.
I agree, a resizable GUI would be great, I can't agree that they surpass Mercurial's SS-11X which I think is fantastic, but I will say that Matchlock and Caliburn are equally fantastic, they play so beautifully, you can really hear the guitar, I had a Fractal Audio AxeFx2 for a while and it didn't do for me what Matchlock and Caliburn do, brilliant stuff.
Old 20th May 2019
  #18
only thing that bothers me is the Sagging control, it has a weird compression (you hear the sustained sound increase in loudness, an amp would never do that). Caliburn has the same issue. design irregularity?
Old 20th May 2019
  #19
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaphorst View Post
only thing that bothers me is the Sagging control, it has a weird compression (you hear the sustained sound increase in loudness, an amp would never do that). Caliburn has the same issue. design irregularity?
Yes, Sag creates a certain amount of compression and the "artifacts" of the sustain is desired If you overdo it, then its obvious and an undesired "effect"
Most of the time I lower the Bias a little and put the Sag aroun 11 o'clock.

And I can feel it on pal muting.
Old 20th May 2019
  #20
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Presets and Reaper track chains from the demo videos could be downloaded from here:
https://dimitones.wordpress.com/2019...e-demo-videos/

Oh here is another demo. This time with the upcoming Rack Extension.


Have a great one guys!
Old 20th May 2019
  #21
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Oh here is some extreme power amp sag with Caliburn
Bias at 10 and Sag at 13

You can hear it on the last part of the sample.
Old 21st May 2019
  #22
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Amplifikation Matchlock Rack Extension - Clean, Crunch Boost with Tremolo
Using the stock presets.
Have a great one guys!
Dimi

Last edited by dimitar; 25th May 2019 at 07:19 AM..
Old 21st May 2019
  #23
bought it. very happy! best cleans ever.
Old 25th May 2019
  #24
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 


Old 29th May 2019
  #25
Gear Addict
 
hodshonf's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
I agree, a resizable GUI would be great, I can't agree that they surpass Mercurial's SS-11X which I think is fantastic, but I will say that Matchlock and Caliburn are equally fantastic, they play so beautifully, you can really hear the guitar, I had a Fractal Audio AxeFx2 for a while and it didn't do for me what Matchlock and Caliburn do, brilliant stuff.

i'm a long time Cerberus fan.

more recently got into Mercuriall (SS-11X WOW!) and Neural DSP Plini.

will definitely grab Matchlock - didn't know about Caliburn.

anyone compare to the Neural Plini (stereo)?
Old 29th May 2019
  #26
Lives for gear
 
elambo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodshonf View Post
anyone compare to the Neural Plini (stereo)?
I have. Not to sidetrack the thread but it's tough to beat Neural. This, however, does go after different amps, so it's not quite apples-to-apples.
Old 1st June 2019
  #27
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Amplifikation Matchlock Guitar Amp for Reason released!!! :tu:

Amplifikation Matchlock Guitar Amp is out and on sale for $ 35 until end of June (normal price $ 49).
https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/...ck-guitar-amp/
Old 1st June 2019
  #28
Gear Maniac
 
dimitar's Avatar
 

Old 4th June 2019
  #29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodshonf View Post
i'm a long time Cerberus fan.

more recently got into Mercuriall (SS-11X WOW!) and Neural DSP Plini.

will definitely grab Matchlock - didn't know about Caliburn.

anyone compare to the Neural Plini (stereo)?
The Neural Plini is a total different amp sim. Super nice, super balanced and the IRs are fantastic. But it can't be compared to the Matchlock which is more raw, nasty, belllike, dirtier. It's retro versus new imo.

I prefer Matchlock.
Old 4th June 2019
  #30
Is it just me or is the amp emulation blowing up right now. What a great bunch of new tools.
Im a stranger to kuassa. One of those I havent demoed yet. Will try when I get the time

You guys talk about neutral audio. I tried their Marshall and I dint like it at all. Dont get me wrong. It had a very alive and real feel to it but it just was so bright and I couldnt get it to sit right. Maybe their other stuff sounds different.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump