The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Kurzweil Introduces PC4 Performance Controller and Production Station
Old 6th May 2019
News Desk Editor

Kurzweil Introduces PC4 Performance Controller and Production Station-kurzweilpc4.jpg

PC4 Has 256-Polyphony, Fully-Weighted, Velocity-Sensitive Keyboard, Powerful Processing and Intuitive Controls

Kurzweil Music Systems’ all new PC4 packs patented FlashPlay® technology, 256-voice polyphony and powerful DSP into a highly-portable performance controller and production station designed to meet the needs of performing artists, studio musicians, song-writers and producers.

The PC4’s simple and intuitive user interface begins with a large color display with six soft keys and includes dedicated front-panel transposition and tempo controls, nine programmable knobs, sliders,and switches, instrument category selection, and dedicated arpeggiator and sequencer transport controls.The 88-note, hammer-action keybed is fully-weighted and velocity-sensitive offering the feel of an acoustic grand with the added benefit of keyboard aftertouch.

The PC4 excels as both a performance controller and production station with its 2 GB of factory sample content and another 2 GB of user-loadable space with up to 16 Zones in Multi Mode. Access a broad library of more than 1000 factory programs, versatile FX with full editing capabilities, a 16-track sequencer, 16 arpeggiators, 16 riff generators, versatile MIDI control with 16 MIDI CC step sequencers and full native V.A.S.T. editing capabilities. The PC4 also showcases a powerful six-operator FM Engine that imports 80's/90's FM SysEx files.

Along with its MIDI I/O, the PC4 has versatile analog I/O connections including a stereo audio input with FX. Add up to four switch pedals and two CC pedals. A second USB port accepts a USB thumb drive for external storage.

Kurzweil’s powerful new PC4 will be available soon at Kurzweil dealers. Visit Kurzweil’s website for more information: http://kurzweil.com/news/74/
Attached Thumbnails
Kurzweil Introduces PC4 Performance Controller and Production Station-kurzweilpc4.jpg  
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear

Ok great! So will there be a PC461?
Old 6th May 2019
Lives for gear

Price?
Old 6th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
Same question here, I'm interested in changing my old PC361, and this seems to be the successor of the PC3x.

Is there anything new concerning VAST ? Some new modules ? Self-oscillating filters ? A non-aliasing triangle oscillator ?

Can the PC4 read the PC3 programs ?
Old 7th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post

...The 88-note, hammer-action keybed is fully-weighted and velocity-sensitive offering the feel of an acoustic grand with the added benefit of keyboard aftertouch.
But is it poly aftertouch?
Old 7th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabilon View Post
Is there anything new concerning VAST?
There are a number of significant changes detailed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogDigits View Post
But is it poly aftertouch?
Almost certainly not. It would have been quite remarkable and worth mentioning in the spec sheet, plus the action is confirmed to be the same as the SP6. Presumably without any additional changes.
Old 7th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
Thank you !
Old 7th May 2019
Lives for gear

Can anyone confirm this:
if I made patches on my K2661 WITHOUT fx nor samples using only internal Rom waves will the PC4 be able to read these perfectly so they sound the same?
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post

Those detailed changes are written about the Forte's new OS. Do they automatically apply to the new P4?
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddskins View Post
Those detailed changes are written about the Forte's new OS. Do they automatically apply to the new P4?
Kurzweil has described the new Forte features as having been developed for the PC4 and Forte at the same time. It’s much easier to manage a shared software project than two distinct efforts, so I’m not surprised. Kurzweil could always reserve features for the flagship Forte but it appears they’re content to let hardware be the differentiator (the Forte features a more solid metal construction, a higher end keyboard action, 16GB of sample ROM, and more flash memory for samples.)

The fact that they’re willing to exceed the Forte’s polyphony with newer technology in the PC4 shows they’re not pulling any punches with the new product. It looks like it should be a great bargain in the same vein as the MODX.
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

What does it mean exactly in terms of sound the 2Gb vs the 16Gb of the Forte?
So patches made on the Forte do not always translate to the Pc4?
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this:
if I made patches on my K2661 WITHOUT fx nor samples using only internal Rom waves will the PC4 be able to read these perfectly so they sound the same?
Anyone?
Old 9th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Can anyone confirm this:
I haven’t spent much time trying to do so. My understanding is that there can be hoops to jump through and some specific DSP blocks that work slightly differently so it isn’t necessarily trivial, but that it should be possible. All the samples are already there and Kurzweil has made efforts to maintain compatibility.

Quote:
What does it mean exactly in terms of sound the 2Gb vs the 16Gb of the Forte?
So patches made on the Forte do not always translate to the Pc4?
As I understand it, all the same keymaps are present but the Forte uses unlooped versions of samples for classic keyboards that were updated for the instrument: pianos, EPs, etc.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Did you find out if there will be ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No. But I cant imagine they not offering a 61 key version like for all of the pc3 series.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Hopefully they will as there's lots of requests for a 61 Keys , profits to be made .
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search