The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Mixed In Key Studio Edition
Old 19th April 2019
Here for the gear
Mixed In Key Studio Edition

Mixed In Key is pleased to introduce Mixed In Key Studio Edition; the award-winning key detection tool as a VST/AU plugin. The Studio Edition of Mixed In Key allows producers to instantly analyze sounds and samples inside a DAW and accurately match them to a production or DJ mix.

The Studio Edition plugin allows users to analyze samples or MIDI Instrument Audio, identify detailed notation data and establish the root key. The note percentage tells you how closely notes match your samples. Key results can be viewed using Flat, Sharp or Camelot wheel notation. Mixed In Key helps you create mashups, put your acapellas in key with the rest of your music production, and speed up your workflow without leaving your DAW.

Mixed In Key Studio Edition is available from Mixed In Key "Studio Edition" - Key Detection for Ableton Live, Apple Logic X, FL Studio - Mixed In Key for $58.00.

New Features

The Studio Edition plugin allows users to analyze samples or MIDI Instrument Audio, identify detailed notation data and establish the root key. The note percentage tells you how closely notes match your samples. Key results can be viewed using Flat, Sharp or Camelot wheel notation. Mixed In Key helps you create mashups, put your acapellas in key with the rest of your music production, and speed up your workflow without leaving your DAW.

Insert on an audio channel in your DAW

Any audio on a specific channel can be captured in Mixed In Key Studio Edition. The plugin gives you detailed information about the Notes present and Root Key.

Analyze the Master Output

Analyze your composition in full and determine accurate Key and Notation data in real-time.

Automatic Key Detection

Mixed In Key Studio Edition analyzes your samples and provides advanced key and notation data to help you find and blend the perfect sounds.

Instantly Tune Your Drums

With Mixed In Key Studio Edition, tuning your drums is easier than ever. You'll instantly know the exact key and pitch of your drum sounds and percussion, so you can use your DAW to change pitch by a few cents or semitones.

Plan Your DJ Sets

Visualize your sample analysis by Flats, Sharps, or Camelot Wheel notation. Plan your DJ sets by taking sounds and tracks from your DJ music library and mashing them up inside your DAW.

Tune Your Vocals

Provide the right key to your pitch correction plugins, such as Melodyne or AutoTune to tune your acapellas and vocal recordings faster.

Compatibility

Mixed In Key Studio Edition is available for Mac OS and Windows, and is officially supported for Ableton Live, FL Studio and Apple Logic.
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Love it.
Old 19th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Cross grade price for normal MIK users?
Does this use local processing or online? I don't always have an internet connection in the studios I work out of.
Is there a demo? I use normal MIK a lot to do things like find the key center of drum samples, I'd love to demo to see how well this version works for that.
Old 19th April 2019
Gear Addict

Does it have to be online?
Old 20th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Bought it. So far it seems really good.

It does need constant internet connection. Not just for initialization. I'm not sure if it's actually sending audio data to their servers to be processed or just constantly checking for a license but it immediately stops working if I disconnect wifi. I know that will be a piss off at some point in the future.

On FB they state there is no cross grade pricing because they feel a significant amount of additional work was needed to make this work in the daw real time, etc. I'm fine with that.
Old 20th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by btfnk View Post
Does this use local processing or online? I don't always have an internet connection in the studios I work out of.
Is there a demo? I use normal MIK a lot to do things like find the key center of drum samples, I'd love to demo to see how well this version works for that.
If they don’t have a crossgrade offer I’m not getting. In what world do you make current MIK owners pay full price for the new version? Crazy. Plus I already have autokey and MIK. I don’t see how this version is so great that I need to pay full price for the upgrade.
Old 20th April 2019
Gear Maniac

I wouldn't say it's a new version of the normal software. It's very different. Same underlying tech... I think? But it's very different being real time. The note detection part is really good and useful.
Old 20th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's a new version of the normal software. It's very different. Same underlying tech... I think? But it's very different being real time. The note detection part is really good and useful.
Yeah but it’s just not something I see being worth the upgrade. Already having auto key which does real time AND sends the information to autotune and automatically puts the correct key settings on all instances of autotune in ur session. Then I also have the old MIK which is honestly useless for me at this point besides quickly loading files in to see the tempo of the song and the key.

But yeah, it’s still not that big of a difference for me to want to pay full price for it. even if I only owned MIK and no auto key. I don’t find the difference to be that special.

I just feel like updating the software and making old owners pay full price for the new one is ridiculous but that’s just me.

The note detection part is cool and all but how helpful can it honestly be? Once you already know the key of the song it’s not that hard to figure out the notes on ur own... I mean if you have like zero knowledge of music theory is cool but I just don’t see it adding anything I need that I don’t have already.
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

It's a totally different product, the other one is for DJs this is for DAWs and musician. Software developers gotta eat as well! I've been getting MIK updates for years for free. I'd buy this and not even give a second thought about it. Different product man
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

It say's "put on any audio track"...What about a midi track? I trigger my samples as midi.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
It's a totally different product, the other one is for DJs this is for DAWs and musician. Software developers gotta eat as well! I've been getting MIK updates for years for free. I'd buy this and not even give a second thought about it. Different product man
A totally different product is kind of a stretch but alright.
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
It say's "put on any audio track"...What about a midi track? I trigger my samples as midi.
Scaler by Plugin Boutique will be your tool in those cases. Brilliant piece of kit.
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Ray View Post
Scaler by Plugin Boutique will be your tool in those cases. Brilliant piece of kit.
No, I just mean as an insert on a midi track, will this plugin read the key of a sample? Example using battery 4 or maschine.
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddler View Post
No, I just mean as an insert on a midi track, will this plugin read the key of a sample? Example using battery 4 or maschine.
if you have a vsti on a midi track you are hearing audio being outputted, not midi. Midi is just data which you cannot hear. so yes it will work exactly like putting it on an audio track that you have rendered your vsti onto
Old 22nd April 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
You need to be connected to the internet to use Mixed In Key Studio Edition. We don't have a demo version available, but the full version is fairly affordably priced.
Old 22nd April 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house View Post
Yes you do need to be connected to the internet to use Mixed In Key Studio Edition.
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
if you have a vsti on a midi track you are hearing audio being outputted, not midi. Midi is just data which you cannot hear. so yes it will work exactly like putting it on an audio track that you have rendered your vsti onto
Thanks for clarifying that, it's what I thought. I only asked because they specifically said 'audio' tracks, I thought something unique to this plugin.
Old 23rd April 2019
Here for the gear

Hi all,

Yes, the plugin analyzes incoming audio. So you can add it to any audio channel, VST Instrument, sub mix, master buss etc - basically any channel which outputs audio.

We've created some tutorials for integrating with popular DAWs such as Logic Pro X, Ableton and FL Studio. You can view them here.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to answer any further questions you may have.

Andy
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Maniac
Really disappointing there there isn't a nice introduction price for the older mixed in key users.
Old 27th April 2019
Gear Head

has anyone tested this ?.. interested to see how it handles drum tuning, percussion, hats etc.. most tuners suck at these short transients. Is this any better.
thanks
Old 27th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joespi90 View Post
has anyone tested this ?.. interested to see how it handles drum tuning, percussion, hats etc.. most tuners suck at these short transients. Is this any better.
thanks
Me too, I echo this quote..
Old 7th May 2019
Gear Guru
I play by ear and tune my synth to my voice. Unfortunately I have no idea what chords I'm playing as a result. Would this be able to help me there? The Hornet chord finder doesn't cut it. I'd like something that can follow chord changes.....
Old 8th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by man in the house View Post
If that is the problem, then you can use Hornet SongKey that does the same and does not need to be online: https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugin...t-songkey-mk2/

As a long time MiK product user, i’m quite annoyed of online requirement.
Old 9th May 2019
Gear Addict

Thanks!
Old 11th October 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Burrito View Post
If that is the problem, then you can use Hornet SongKey that does the same and does not need to be online: https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugin...t-songkey-mk2/

As a long time MiK product user, i’m quite annoyed of online requirement.
To each their own but the net requirement is a 100% no-go for me.
For basic key detection the free KeyFinder is excellent and can easily be customised to display key the same way as MIK
http://www.ibrahimshaath.co.uk/keyfinder/
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

I just picked this up today and look forward to checking it out. It looks really useful and has a nice interface. I'll report back soon . . .
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search