The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
ValhallaDelay. Available Today. $50.
Old 27th April 2019
  #301
Lives for gear
@ bmanic I wonder if it is possible, if one is good with a pitch knob and make a mod plugin and/or stutter plugin. You could make a song out of just the delay.

No more tracks needed.
Old 27th April 2019
  #302
Lives for gear
 
TonStrom's Avatar
also nice: put Waves Q Clone behind it and experiment with different tape IRs (or other impulses)

Last edited by TonStrom; 27th April 2019 at 06:02 PM..
Old 27th April 2019
  #303
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post

Get deranged with the ghost mode and throw Cytomic's The Drop in front or behind. Andrew Simper does incredible DSP drive and dirt and his filter models are fantastic - combining those and extra stereo movement potential with bonus audio-rate modulation into ValhallaDelay is skull-melting in the best possible ways.
I'm using his "The Scream" plugin with ValhallaDelay, if you like things tapey and driven its the way to go.
Its getting me right into the Alessandro Cortini (Avanti) territory who has been inspiring me of late.
Old 27th April 2019
  #304
Lives for gear
 
cane creek's Avatar
 

Here's a work-in-progress i started last week,
Basically it starts with a sequence running through 100% wet Valhalla shimmer,
then gradually automate shimmer to dry exposing the sequence which is driven hard by Cytomic "the scream" whilst ValhallaDelay is adding the wow/flutter

https://soundcloud.com/cane-creek/pursuing-clarity
Old 27th April 2019
  #305
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cane creek View Post
I'm using his "The Scream" plugin with ValhallaDelay, if you like things tapey and driven its the way to go.
Its getting me right into the Alessandro Cortini (Avanti) territory who has been inspiring me of late.
I'm doing the same. It's a great combo. The Scream is the first pure distortion (i.e., not saturation driven into distortion) plugin I've really liked. One of my best purchases. CPU hungry but worth it. I've put it on after ValhallaDelay for some beautiful extra overdrive.

Re: The Drop, I know this is a bit off topic but I have Ableton Live which has autofilter which has as far as I am aware Cytomic's filter models from The Drop. Other than the modulation capabilities (and I have Signal for complex modulation) am I missing something from The Drop?
Old 27th April 2019
  #306
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange loop View Post
Other than the modulation capabilities (and I have Signal for complex modulation) am I missing something from The Drop?
There are more filter models in The Drop that, as far as I know, haven't been added to Ableton. The Drop has oversampling options. Not sure if the Ableton version has both MD+HD versions of the filters but, if not, The Drop does. Then of course, all the modulation capabilities.

Check out the demo.

Oh, and ValhallaDelay still rules!
Old 27th April 2019
  #307
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
There are more filter models in The Drop that, as far as I know, haven't been added to Ableton. The Drop has oversampling options. Not sure if the Ableton version has both MD+HD versions of the filters but, if not, The Drop does.
I suspect Live only has the MD versions. I recall Andy saying that Live was focusing on low CPU which is why their version of The Glue only has 2x oversampling (though with Cytomic 2x is plenty good, and 4x taxes my laptop too much anyway.) There are 3 filter models I see in the manual that Live does not have (Edit: in a Gearslutz thread on The Drop Andy lists 10 models, while the manual only lists 7, not sure what's up there, maybe the manual needs updating.) Also autofilter clearly isn't oversampling - in 3 of the 4 models anything above a few db of drive has excessive aliasing (the one model is surprisingly clean until much higher.)

Also The Drop has an output gain knob which autofilter does not. I know, I can use a Utility but...

I have great respect for the quality of Cytomic's plugins based on the Live version of The Glue (which is excellent on 2x oversampling) and The Scream. I suspect The Drop will be my next purchase. Don't even think I really need to demo (except maybe to check the CPU usage is acceptable - I'm running out of power now between Wavetable, Reaktor, The Scream, and TDR Kotelnikov.)

Anyway...we now return you to discussion of the equally excellent ValhallaDelay! .
Old 28th April 2019
  #308
Gear Addict
 

Was going to pick this up then saw that overloud echoson is on sale for more or less same price! Decisions decisions...
Old 28th April 2019
  #309
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Was going to pick this up then saw that overloud echoson is on sale for more or less same price! Decisions decisions...
Nothing against overloud i really like some of their stuff and no offense to you but that is literally one of the easiest decisions I've ever seen. I'm sure echoson is great but Valhalla delay is like having 7 delay plugins in one. Each with almost the same amount of control as echoson and each completely different from the last. And if I remember correctly echoson is like $69 so you would actually be paying about $20 extra for 1/7th of the functionality. Echoson has a very specific sound and ValhallaDelay is a go-to all in one delay/effect plugin. If you have tried both and prefer echoson then by all means go for it but I can tell you as someone who has used ValhallaDelay every day since it came out that it replaces every delay I own (echoboy, repeater, EC300, sigmund, bx_2500, sandman pro, and about a dozen others). I also have used it for pitch shifting, frequency shifting, reverb, modulation, and doubling and have not once had to replace it with something else to do those jobs. That's not to mention the dozens of crazy unimaginable new sounds its capable of creating all withing a simple interface while using almost no CPU. I'm not trying to say echoson is bad it's just that ValhallaDelay in my opinion just dominated the entire delay market. I will say though that Valhalla delay will always be $50 and overloud doesn't do sales all that often so if you really want both it does make sense to buy echoson now and this later.

Hope this doesn't come off as rude in any way because it's not meant to be but I just don't see this against echoson as a fair comparison. Echoson is a very specialized and specific effect and ValhallaDelay is capable of similar sounds to an echorec and so much more as well.
Old 28th April 2019
  #310
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
@ seancostello
Any chance you’ll add an Echorec to VDelay? That is a great sound as well.
Old 28th April 2019
  #311
Here for the gear
 
BRoySound's Avatar
 

Smile 120 Presets for Valhalla Delay

Just Released!!

120 Presets for Valhalla Delay

Check out the VIDEO



Buy it here for just $10 - https://gum.co/VoJv
or just go to gumroad.com/embrays

Collection of 120 Essential Presets for Valhalla Delay -
120 Presets Divided into 6 Categories (20 Presets Each)
1 - BASS
2 - DRUMS
3 - GUITARS
4 - KEYS
5 - SYNTH
6 - VOCALS

All Presets were designed with utmost Care and Love, Each preset were tested out by swapping multiple Sounds and Tweaked till Perfection.

I tried to make as much Useable Presets that Everyone can use in their daily Productions but also kept a good amount of Variety for those who like to stumble upon that Next Cool Sound.

I Love Delay based Plugins and Valhalla Delay sounds AMAZING, seriously. Kudos to Sean.

I know that Valhalla Delay is extremely Easy and Fun to use and most will prefer to tweak from scratch for their Sounds instead of relying on Presets.
but having a good collection of Presets is important for Three main reasons -

First - To Quickly Browse and See which Type fits your Sound and then Tweak from that Point.

Second - Stumble upon that Cool Preset that Completely Changes the Direction for Better.

Third - You Start recognising your Favourite Presets for Particular Sounds, Industry Secret for Timesaving workflow.

Hope you all Love these Presets as much as I enjoyed making them.
Cheers
B Ray (Embrays)
Old 28th April 2019
  #312
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

ValhallaDelay 1.0.6 Beta in User Accounts!

Hey everyone,

I've just uploaded the 1.0.6 beta into the user accounts. The change:

- New behavior for Ping Pong Style. This new version sends the output of the left delay channel directly to the input of the right delay channel, without any feedback scaling.

Why the change? Well, a lot of people thought that the old behavior was buggy, in that the right channel had its level determined by the feedback setting. This meant that there was no signal in the right delay channel, when feedback was at zero. The new behavior means that there will always be both a left and right delay signal, regardless of the feedback setting. The change brings the ValhallaDelay PingPong Style more into keeping with people's expectations of how ping pong delays should behave.

At higher feedback settings (i.e. how ping pong delays are normally used) the differences between the old way and the new way are more subtle. It is really with lower feedback settings where the new Ping Pong change can be heard.

This will be in beta for the next day or so. Assuming there aren't any major bugs found in the update, I'll make the 1.0.6 update the "official" version, and release demo versions at that time.

One important Ping Pong tip: You can always change the order in which the Ping and Pong happens, by setting WIDTH to -100%. This swaps the left and right delay outputs.
Old 28th April 2019
  #313
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
@ seancostello
Any chance you’ll add an Echorec to VDelay? That is a great sound as well.
If I can FIND an Echorec, I'll certainly consider it! These aren't easy to find around here. The ones on Reverb are $4K and up, and I'm kinda scared of spending more money on old mechanical echoes that are going to break down eventually.
Old 29th April 2019
  #314
Gear Addict
 
Macsearcher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
If I can FIND an Echorec, I'll certainly consider it!

Is there a kind soul on GS with an Echorec that would lend it to this man?
Old 29th April 2019
  #315
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRoySound View Post
Just Released!!

120 Presets for Valhalla Delay

Check out the VIDEO



Buy it here for just $10 - https://gum.co/VoJv
or just go to gumroad.com/embrays

Collection of 120 Essential Presets for Valhalla Delay -
120 Presets Divided into 6 Categories (20 Presets Each)
1 - BASS
2 - DRUMS
3 - GUITARS
4 - KEYS
5 - SYNTH
6 - VOCALS

All Presets were designed with utmost Care and Love, Each preset were tested out by swapping multiple Sounds and Tweaked till Perfection.

I tried to make as much Useable Presets that Everyone can use in their daily Productions but also kept a good amount of Variety for those who like to stumble upon that Next Cool Sound.

I Love Delay based Plugins and Valhalla Delay sounds AMAZING, seriously. Kudos to Sean.

I know that Valhalla Delay is extremely Easy and Fun to use and most will prefer to tweak from scratch for their Sounds instead of relying on Presets.
but having a good collection of Presets is important for Three main reasons -

First - To Quickly Browse and See which Type fits your Sound and then Tweak from that Point.

Second - Stumble upon that Cool Preset that Completely Changes the Direction for Better.

Third - You Start recognising your Favourite Presets for Particular Sounds, Industry Secret for Timesaving workflow.

Hope you all Love these Presets as much as I enjoyed making them.
Cheers
B Ray (Embrays)
these are amazing actually, same with the other guys set on here, very useful thanks!
Old 29th April 2019
  #316
Here for the gear
 

Hey B Ray (Embrays)
I love your stuff for Echoboy. I expect your presets for Valhalla Delay will be just as good. Time to check them out.
Old 29th April 2019
  #317
Here for the gear
 
BRoySound's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroovnD313 View Post
these are amazing actually, same with the other guys set on here, very useful thanks!
Thank You so Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmon View Post
Hey B Ray (Embrays)
I love your stuff for Echoboy. I expect your presets for Valhalla Delay will be just as good. Time to check them out.
These are even Better, Valhalla Delay has become my absolute Favourite Delay Plugin. Do Check out the Presets and let me know
Old 29th April 2019
  #318
Lives for gear
 
skythemusic's Avatar
This is the first delay plugin that I’m interested in. I left behind delay junky into delay slut realm many years ago and I’ve owned nearly everything. This to my ears sounds REALLY good.

Every other delay plugin I’ve tried including Echoboy sounds pathetic even next to $50 80’s digital rack delays but this one I plan on buying.
Old 29th April 2019
  #319
Gear Maniac
 
SteveWZ's Avatar
 

FREE Bonus Pak of ValhallaDelay presets

For all MegaBoost owners

Included are presets for the new Ping Pong Style behavior added in 1.0.6.

Bringing the total amount of ValhallaDelay MegaBoost presets to OVER 200.

The presets will be available in your users account (this week) at Synth-Presets.com

This is our way of saying Thanks!
Old 29th April 2019
  #320
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
Is there a kind soul on GS with an Echorec that would lend it to this man?
Fun story: I had never heard of the Echorec until earlier this year when I found out it was used on the soundtrack for the Apollo 11 documentary (due to the composer only using effects and instruments that existed at or before the time of the Apollo 11 mission).
Old 29th April 2019
  #321
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggysane View Post
Fun story: I had never heard of the Echorec until earlier this year when I found out it was used on the soundtrack for the Apollo 11 documentary (due to the composer only using effects and instruments that existed at or before the time of the Apollo 11 mission).
Way OT, but what a great documentary! The scale of it, the gorgeous (was it 70mm) film from the actual launch day and flight control, the video from inside the capsule/LEM, the music...just incredible.

A Binson would be cool, but I'm much more interested in emulations of the Echoplex and Fulltone that Sean posted to Instagram yesterday with the caption "R&D." A digital rack delay like the Lexicon PCM 42 (going for between 750-800 on Reverb ) would be nice too - or something in that wheelhouse.
Old 29th April 2019
  #322
Gear Head
 

May be it‘s time to buy it...
Old 30th April 2019
  #323
ValhallaDSP
 
seancostello's Avatar
 

ValhallaDelay updated to version 1.0.6

ValhallaDelay is now officially updated to version 1.0.6. The change:

- New behavior for Ping Pong Style. This new version sends the output of the left delay channel directly to the input of the right delay channel, without any feedback scaling. This results in a more balanced left/right signal at low feedback settings.

Current ValhallaDelay customers can download the new builds from their valhalladsp.com user accounts. The demo versions have been updated to 1.0.6 as well.
Old 30th April 2019
  #324
Lives for gear
These Valhalla threads are a model for what GS threads should be. People sharing use-cases of the gear they love and communicating (constructively) with the people who make it.
Old 30th April 2019
  #325
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
I've never met @ seancostello but I know I owe him beers!
Old 30th April 2019
  #326
Gear Guru
A product that's a benign cult. Look at all the presets being made for this in such a short period of time. No crap no fuss and a developer who is really responsive. I really like developers that also make music and are active in other areas.
Old 30th April 2019
  #327
Gear Addict
 

@ seancostello Hey any thoughts on adding the ability to click the word that labels each section to bypass them? to be clear... Click the word DIFF to bypass the whole diffusion section. Seems like a cool idea to me. Something else I have thought a little bit about is a lock function similar to the mix lock that can be used to lock specific sections. Just some ideas that I personally think would be nice additions.

Any thoughts... anyone?
Old 30th April 2019
  #328
Damn, it souunds great! Big love
Old 30th April 2019
  #329
Lives for gear
 
guavadude's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notheorem729 View Post
@ seancostello Hey any thoughts on adding the ability to click the word that labels each section to bypass them? to be clear... Click the word DIFF to bypass the whole diffusion section. Seems like a cool idea to me. Something else I have thought a little bit about is a lock function similar to the mix lock that can be used to lock specific sections. Just some ideas that I personally think would be nice additions.

Any thoughts... anyone?
I think lock buttons for each section make more sense since they’d be like the mix function.

I’ve mentioned this to Sean but I wish I could click the Eq label and lock the Eq settings when changing presets. I also wish the feedback label was a freeze button I could automate.
Old 30th April 2019
  #330
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by guavadude View Post
I think lock buttons for each section make more sense since they’d be like the mix function.

I’ve mentioned this to Sean but I wish I could click the Eq label and lock the Eq settings when changing presets. I also wish the feedback label was a freeze button I could automate.
I also wish there was a freeze function. It would be an incredible addition considering some of the pitch/diffusion effects this can already create.

As far as preferring locks over bypass I can see why you would prefer that. Part of the problem is that the sections change between modes so I imagine a lock function on every section could be something some people would complain about. I assume that the EQ section having a bypass would also be problematic because the filters are always in and I'm sure that is somewhat by design and helps with artifacts as well as emulating band limitations.

I think both bypass and lock functions would have some personal preference conflicts among some users. I don't personally use presets almost ever so for me the bypass would make more sense so I can easily A/B settings. Especially since theres no A/B functionality built in. However, I assume that the majority of people probably use presets. Although I think only certain sections being locked while browsing presets makes sense because otherwise why use presets.

Anyway, I would love to see both options plus the freeze function but I'm also happy as is so who knows. I'm anxious to hear Shawn's thought because I am certain he will have much more thoughtful explanations and reasoning on the matter than I do.

I think as far as implementation goes having the section labels be locks like the mix section and having a key command combination to A/B the last two two settings is probably the most logical way.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump