The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Yet Another Limiting Amplifier "YALA"! Free Limiting amplifier from Analog Obsession!
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Yet Another Limiting Amplifier "YALA"! Free Limiting amplifier from Analog Obsession!

Yet Another Limiting Amplifier!

Burn it with YALA! Famous Vari-Mu Limiting Amplifier in your DAW! Add shine to your mixes. Level vocals and basses especially but it’s good for all purposes! Even without compressor use it as line amp or summing amp!

True Component & Circuit Modeling

Re-drawing and designing original circuit carefully and emulated original fingerprint of gear with our technology. Carefully designed transformers and tubes. Fully emulated vari-mu limiting amplifier.

Supported Plug-in Formats

AU – VST2 (Win/OSX)

Supported Operating Systems

Mac OS X 10.7 through 10.14
Windows 7 through 10
Any VST/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating system

Mac
Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)

PC
Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)

System Requirements
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM

DOWNLOAD FOR FREE!

YALA
Old 14th April 2019
No AAX...
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
No AAX...
No, never.
Old 14th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
No, never.
Ok then...
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear

Thank AO nice work!
What a nice color! sounding uberphat in parallel.
What do you think about one output gain, mix noob and cleaner GuI?
please
All the best....

Last edited by Jpga; 14th April 2019 at 08:54 PM..
Old 14th April 2019
"Yala" is absolutely beautiful... using it with a Telecaster and amp sim and it's very nice indeed, thanks very much Tunca, keep up the great work!
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear

Is Atend noob under volym output gain only?
Old 14th April 2019
anybody able to shed some light on the volume and atten knobs and how they work with the comp? The YALA sounds amazing...
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Any chance to model Abbey road RS124? This was one of the best plugin(though very limited) emulations ever. Unfortunately, it is no longer loading on modern computers and I miss it a lot.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Nut
Can't wait to try this out! I have the VariMoon and it is top notch!!!
Old 15th April 2019
Deleted e71ab78
Sounding nice, thank you Tunca.

I really like TREQ, but the v2 uses so much cpu compared to these, will it get an update to reduce cpu?
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thank AO nice work!
What a nice color! sounding uberphat in parallel.
What do you think about one output gain, mix noob and cleaner GuI?
please
All the best....
Thanks!

I think GUI is fine but some users didn't like.

I have no idea about mix knob. Maybe i can add in the future. Not sure... About output gain, there is already Atten. It's working like output knob. As you know, it's amplifier. Input increasing volume and atten reduce output.

Also Threshold knob is not regular threshold of compressor. It's like original unit. It sets threshold point and ratio at the same time. Left is compression and right is limit.

Quote:
Any chance to model Abbey road RS124? This was one of the best plugin(though very limited) emulations ever. Unfortunately, it is no longer loading on modern computers and I miss it a lot.
Actually, it's pretty same with RS124. RS124 modded version of this plugin. And this plugin is modded version of Altec 436c. Almost same sound. And i combined RS124 and Altec 436c features in a circuit. Of course it has differences.

Quote:
Sounding nice, thank you Tunca.

I really like TREQ, but the v2 uses so much cpu compared to these, will it get an update to reduce cpu?
Thanks!

I fixed TREQ, fully. Also it had no AU version and i fixed it, too. But i was busy with new releases. Now time to update it with AU version. I believe it will be ready to release, really soon.
Old 15th April 2019
Deleted e71ab78
Excellent, will it have a reduced cpu load?

I am going to buy something like Kolin to support as these freebies are great, good work.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
Excellent, will it have a reduced cpu load?

I am going to buy something like Kolin to support as these freebies are great, good work.
Yes, CPU will be reduced. Also fixed CPU load of Rare. Now uploading.

If you already downloaded Rare, please download now.

Thanks for your support!
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Hey Tunca,

I noticed the input volume is very sensitive. Yala compresses too much already when ATTEN is not even moved to the left. maybe you could tweak input sensitivity a little

Besides that: Very interersting plugin!
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Hey Tunca,

I noticed the input volume is very sensitive. Yala compresses too much already when ATTEN is not even moved to the left. maybe you could tweak input sensitivity a little

Besides that: Very interersting plugin!
Yes, input really sensitive. It has 63dB gain to feed limiter section.

Atten is not about compression section. It's output atten. Not affecting compression.

This unit is amplifier. It will increase volume level. Then will compress.

Even when you open plugin, it will start to compress around 2-3 dB. But it's not even noticeable. Cause this unit has really broad knee.

Also input level will add tons of harmonics to your signal.

So, this unit not working like every regular compressor. Actually every vari-mu limiter amplifiers are same. They are actually amplifier before being compressor or limiter.
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks!

I think GUI is fine but some users didn't like.

I have no idea about mix knob. Maybe i can add in the future. Not sure... About output gain, there is already Atten. It's working like output knob. As you know, it's amplifier. Input increasing volume and atten reduce output.

Also Threshold knob is not regular threshold of compressor. It's like original unit. It sets threshold point and ratio at the same time. Left is compression and right is limit.

Actually, it's pretty same with RS124. RS124 modded version of this plugin. And this plugin is modded version of Altec 436c. Almost same sound. And i combined RS124 and Altec 436c features in a circuit. Of course it has differences.

Thanks!

I fixed TREQ, fully. Also it had no AU version and i fixed it, too. But i was busy with new releases. Now time to update it with AU version. I believe it will be ready to release, really soon.
Thank you AO for the the explanation and the passion.
Best,,
JP
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

This dev is most certainely growing on me. I'm going to purcase Buster because these freebies sound very good! Thank you AO
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, input really sensitive. It has 63dB gain to feed limiter section.

Atten is not about compression section. It's output atten. Not affecting compression.

This unit is amplifier. It will increase volume level. Then will compress.

Even when you open plugin, it will start to compress around 2-3 dB. But it's not even noticeable. Cause this unit has really broad knee.

Also input level will add tons of harmonics to your signal.

So, this unit not working like every regular compressor. Actually every vari-mu limiter amplifiers are same. They are actually amplifier before being compressor or limiter.
Of course I meant Threshold not ATTEN

But thanks for explaining. I need more time with this!
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Addict

Tunca, still trying to sell the company?
Thanks for the freebies!
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Head

Thank you very much for these recent free plugins. They've already worked their way into my mixes based on the SOUND. Unfortunate, the Plugin Doctor crap will be rolling out soon, but I still like the SOUND.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydix View Post
Thank you very much for these recent free plugins. They've already worked their way into my mixes based on the SOUND. Unfortunate, the Plugin Doctor crap will be rolling out soon, but I still like the SOUND.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Maniac

QUICK UPDATE!

Re-designed GUI. Now, clean and not too much shiny.

Please re-download.

Thanks.
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

New GUI is lovely!!!
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Head

Thank you Tunca! This is so good.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Addict

I'm new to the AO world. Can anyone recommend one of their comps/limiters that colour the most? Varimoon? Kolin?
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Addict

Great for limiting punchy and "bass heavy" drums esp. in electronic music.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Maniac
The Gui is blueish in all of your new Plugins downloaded some hours ago (Yala, Rare and Kolin)
Osx Capitan and Logic 9 Pro if thats helps
Old 15th April 2019
Lives for gear

Your UIs have improved by leaps and bounds in this latest round of plugs.
Old 15th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggi View Post
The Gui is blueish in all of your new Plugins downloaded some hours ago (Yala, Rare and Kolin)
Osx Capitan and Logic 9 Pro if thats helps
Same here.
OS 10.10.5 / Reaper 5.974
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search