Product: Big Ceil
Developer: Acustica Audio
Price (MSRP): 99.00€ - FREE update for current CEIL users
Plug-in Format(s): VST, AU, AAX
System Requirements (Windows): Windows 7 - Windows 10
System Requirements (OSX): OSX 10.8 - OSX 10.13
Big Ceil Commercial web-page: Big Ceil - Acustica Audio
Big Ceil User's manual: https://app.box.com/shared/static/gr...z2804mwkyv.pdf

Acustica Audio is proud to introduce you to Ceil's bigger brother. Give a warm welcome to BigCeil, your ultimate British channel-strip which includes many classic designs in one comprehensive production tool. No matter what your main musical genre is, once you try BigCeil, you'll want to use it on every mix.
In fact, BigCeil is the augmented version of an already versatile processor, which we have made even more powerful by adding additional features and flavours. An extended, straight-to-the-point EQ section, a magic 'air' knob, to add sparkle to your tracks, giving the illusion of a natural space 'around' the sound, plus independent pan controls for Left and Right channels.

Package contents

This incredible suite is made up of two different Acqua plug-ins with gorgeous graphical user interfaces
that enable easy and quick parameter changes:

-BIGCEIL (Channel strip)
-CEIL (Channel strip - “Lite” version)

Details

BigCeil was sampled using a new experimental automatised approach that utilises a very accurate machine-based procedure, for even more accuracy.
We physically opened the machine and directly sampled the circuit paths so we could eliminate any unnecessary stages to best represent the most authentic character of such a classy machine. Plus, in doing so, we have minimised the risk associated with human error which is always around the corner - we are humans after all! - We are more than sure that you will enjoy the final results very much.

Big Ceil is based on our Core 13 engine:

-NEW: Our new Core 13 engine improves on the previous version by introducing our new VLA™ technology (Vector Loading Acceleration), which makes the response of the plugin much faster.
-Upgraded SASM (Symmetric & Asymmetric Saturation Modeling) high-performance saturation algorithm;
-Introduction of a new post-production sample de-noising tech for cleaner deconvolved impulses called STT (Super transient technology);
-Full compatibility with Client/Server architecture integrated by default in Acqua plugins;
-Engine optimization introducing a new highly efficient algorithm. This innovative technique is applied to all the deconvolved impulses for further de-noise processing and subsequent elimination of any incorrect low-level behavior (including the so-called "echo bug").

How to try a plugin: TRIAL MODE

- Create a user account (if you do not have one yet) on our website
- Download and Install Aquarius, our products manager, for either Mac or PC
- Type the product name in the 'search' field inside Aquarius to find the '(trial)' version of the product, then click on the thumbnail or on the 'Install' button. This will take you to the product page (the trial version of a product is also visible in the 'related products' section on the right)
- Select the right plugin format according to the DAW you are using and click 'Install'
- Aquarius will download, install,and authorise the trial product automatically
- Run your DAW. You're set!

Please note:

- The old trial authorisation method - which required the 'LASTTRIALS' code - is now obsolete and each trial version of a product can be easily downloaded/installed directly from Aquarius, for a more streamlined process
- Should you see an authorisation error, the reason could be that the product has been already authorised too many times and the limit has been reached

For details about installation/authorization please refer to the following page:
Acustica Audio - Professional Audio Software - Acustica Audio
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Sweet suite! Grazie, Acustica!
Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks AA
Old 12th April 2019
RPH
Gear Head

Cheers!
Sounds great so far on my stuff (techno).
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks AA!
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

A free upgrade for a plugin that was given for free?

Thanks, AA, that's very generous.
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
A free upgrade for a plugin that was given for free?

Thanks, AA, that's very generous.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Maniac

LOWPPASS
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

THANK YOU
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Head

Thank you kindly!
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Very generous, thank you!

Old 12th April 2019
Gear Guru

sounds like a nikname from the project lol .. Big Ceil from uptown
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Maniac

BigCeil sounds really great!

Thanks for the free update - very much appreciated!
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

BigCeil was sampled using a new experimental automatised approach that utilises a very accurate machine-based procedure, for even more accuracy

This sounds very interesting! Too bad I can not demo it today but I am gonna check it out on sunday. Core 13 releases are mostly amazing!
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

For what kind of tracks is it recommended to use it? and what musical styles?
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Sweet !
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Had a chance to play with it a bit more...

Wow! The air eq is super smooth and airy (in a non-digital way). Super impressed!

This is one of the best sounding digital processors I own.

Last edited by majoraxis; 12th April 2019 at 04:57 PM..
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Molte, molte grazie!

I cannot wait to try later on.

I am not really interested in any other companies products anymore, ONLY Acustica, they are not in a different league to other developers, but in a different dimension.

continuate a lavorare bene, Acustica il numero uno sviluppatori

Grazie
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Damn, this thing is great. The EQ and compression is wonderful fro voiceover. I love all AA plugs, but its so responsive. What is this thing sampled from? Anyone?
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Thank you AA sounds great
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfx View Post
Damn, this thing is great. The EQ and compression is wonderful fro voiceover. I love all AA plugs, but its so responsive. What is this thing sampled from? Anyone?
Focusrite ISA 430, i think a modified one
Old 12th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfx View Post
What is this thing sampled from? Anyone?
As far as I’m aware, Ceil was sampled from a heavily modified Focusrite ISA 430. So it would make sense that BigCeil is an expanded version of that.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Head
So this is free even for those that got Ceil for free, huh? Such a class move, thank you so much!
Old 12th April 2019
This thing is great. I loved Ceil, and now this expanded version dramatically improves on my favorite "clean" analog eq plugin.
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Guys, just beware that although Ceil offers 5 licenses per account, the same isn't true for Big Ceil. We run a facility with four machines and I was happily installing Big Ceil only to find out that it can only be installed on two. Apparently there are only two licenses for Big Ceil for free, so I will need to uninstall it now, because we need the four computers 100% compatible.

Anyway, I've managed to already finish two mixes using it and I am in love. Wish I could use it here, but I will have to reserve it only for my personal mixes at home.

Congrats on the release, AA. Another nice surprise.
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

I'm so glad I kept my money and not buy Vertigo VSC-3.
Thank’s again.

Last edited by Jpga; 12th April 2019 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
Guys, just beware that although Ceil offers 5 licenses per account, the same isn't true for Big Ceil. We run a facility with four machines and I was happily installing Big Ceil only to find out that it can only be installed on two. Apparently there are only two licenses for Big Ceil for free, so I will need to uninstall it now, because we need the four computers 100% compatible.

Anyway, I've managed to already finish two mixes using it and I am in love. Wish I could use it here, but I will have to reserve it only for my personal mixes at home.

Congrats on the release, AA. Another nice surprise.
We'll add slots
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Addict

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod View Post
We'll add slots
Best CEO ever?
Old 12th April 2019
Here for the gear

Tried unsuccessfully to install on my iMac through Aquarius. Then I saw the requirements only go to OSX 10.13, and I'm OSX 14.4 - Mojave.

Will there be an update for the latest OS? Thanks, I look forward to trying this as soon as possible.
Old 12th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
Tried unsuccessfully to install on my iMac through Aquarius. Then I saw the requirements only go to OSX 10.13, and I'm OSX 14.4 - Mojave.

Will there be an update for the latest OS? Thanks, I look forward to trying this as soon as possible.
That is wierd. I got 14.4 mojave and all plugins install as they should here. Big ceil included. MBP 2017..
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search