The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Arturia releases 3 Compressors You'll Actually Use
Old 19th July 2019
  #541
unr
Gear Maniac
 

I'm seeing 49€ for each compressor now when logged out (I own them already). So should make 149€ for three.
Old 19th July 2019
  #542
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
I'm seeing 49€ for each compressor now when logged out (I own them already). So should make 149€ for three.
Yep and if you want my feeling i would wait until you get the 99 for 9 plugins deal back again .... it s a sell yep only if you really need to buyz one thing ...but ince some need at least 2 plugin or more from them ... nah ...could be way better ....
Old 19th July 2019
  #543
unr
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Yep and if you want my feeling i would wait until you get the 99 for 9 plugins deal back again .... it s a sell yep only if you really need to buyz one thing ...but ince some need at least 2 plugin or more from them ... nah ...could be way better ....
probably only happening again on BF/christmas.
I took the 9-fx deal for 99, was a great bargain, although I mostly use the comps. The other effects for 30€ more were practically a no-brainer
Old 19th July 2019
  #544
Gear Guru
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by unr View Post
probably only happening again on BF/christmas.
I took the 9-fx deal for 99, was a great bargain, although I mostly use the comps. The other effects for 30€ more were practically a no-brainer
Yep it s 10 $ , great value for exellent tool , the moog filter is my go to filter , synth warmer ( just got synth warmer , gonna try ) and the 76 preamp is my fav pream , and for te comp , all 3 are great !!
Old 19th July 2019
  #545
Gear Head
 
jbl4311's Avatar
 

Hopefully we'll see some bundle deals drop in November. The comps I'm interested in are the VCA-65 and maybe the FET-76. Not sure I would get any use out of the filters or preamps.
Old 20th July 2019
  #546
Lives for gear
 
junior's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl4311 View Post
Not sure I would get any use out of the filters or preamps.
FWIW, those preamps also include their respective EQs.
Old 20th July 2019
  #547
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
FWIW, those preamps also include their respective EQs.
The GUIs look like oil paintings but all the preamp/EQs sound pretty good.

I don't use them heavily but I have enjoyed them when I have used them.
Old 5th August 2019
  #548
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
The GUIs look like oil paintings but all the preamp/EQs sound pretty good.

I don't use them heavily but I have enjoyed them when I have used them.
They do look quite spectacular don’t they??
Old 5th August 2019
  #549
Loving the 165 on bass on a current project. Makes it growl just perfectly.
Old 11th August 2019
  #550
Gear Addict
 
M Albazy's Avatar
I used the STA (mode 2) on a rhythm guitar doing ~ 10 dbs GR and it did perform very well, tightened the dynamics in a very musical way and added a sense of depth.
Old 14th August 2019
  #551
Gear Addict
 
M Albazy's Avatar
Is the resize bug gonna be fixed anytime soon? it's been a few months now since the 1st release.
Old 20th August 2019
  #552
Lives for gear
 
jimmydeluxe's Avatar
I'm just now demoing and there are bugs with all three in bitwig–can't reach support through the form without a serial=wack
Old 27th August 2019
  #553
Lives for gear
 
64gtoboy's Avatar
Now three delays for 69 USD
Old 28th August 2019
  #554
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
I've got a $49 offer since I own almost all of the Arturia stuff already... very tempting. I need to demo the space echo vs some other ones. I'll do a little shootout. Probably the Audio Thing and the UAD. I wanna see who comes out on top.
Old 28th August 2019
  #555
Lives for gear
 
64gtoboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I've got a $49 offer since I own almost all of the Arturia stuff already... very tempting. I need to demo the space echo vs some other ones. I'll do a little shootout. Probably the Audio Thing and the UAD. I wanna see who comes out on top.
I have been buying all the Eventide stuff but i also have all the arturia plugins too so i got the 49 usd deal also which was in a different email from them. I dont have any idea why i got two emails.

i am probably going to go for octaverb too though
Old 31st August 2019
  #556
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64gtoboy View Post
Now three delays for 69 USD
I noticed!! Each with their own tasty character. I’ll probably will end up getting these on another sale at some stage. It just won’t be this time around I don’t think... kids, birthdays, and ultimately Christmas. It’s not the best time of year for me financially.
Old 31st August 2019
  #557
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I've got a $49 offer since I own almost all of the Arturia stuff already... very tempting. I need to demo the space echo vs some other ones. I'll do a little shootout. Probably the Audio Thing and the UAD. I wanna see who comes out on top.
The Vahalla Delay gets almost there towards RE-201. Not the same character of dirt, but the movement is there.

And it does more. A LOT more.
Old 13th September 2019
  #558
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyxx View Post
I've got a $49 offer since I own almost all of the Arturia stuff already... very tempting. I need to demo the space echo vs some other ones. I'll do a little shootout. Probably the Audio Thing and the UAD. I wanna see who comes out on top.
What's the verdict then?
Old 13th September 2019
  #559
Level bug

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I think so as it rang a bell:

Got a strange bug in Cubase the other day with the Comp-76. After reopening the project the acoustig guitar track I had it on was like twice as loud. As soon as you touch a control on the plug it's back to normal. Closed and reopened, same thing again. Never had that experience in Mixbus 32c.
Is this a known issue?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #560
Gear Guru
 
monkeyxx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
What's the verdict then?
I skipped it. Didn't have time to run a proper evaluation.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #561
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
What's the verdict then?
I am still actually using these 3 compressors.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #562
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I am still actually using these 3 compressors.
Same, still using them.

STA Gates on group of guitars when they need (not very often need to compress guitars).

DBX on various elements but I love it on vocal as a distortion/compression unit.

1176 on everything I'd use an 1176 (vocal, background vocals, bass mainly).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #563
Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
I am still actually using these 3 compressors.
I'm too, the question was in regard to the verbs.

No one experienced that level bug I described above?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #564
Lives for gear
 
64gtoboy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
I'm too, the question was in regard to the verbs.

No one experienced that level bug I described above?
If you mean the Comps-no, nothing odd yet but I'm on Win7 PT2019.6, not Cubase
Old 4 weeks ago
  #565
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
What's the verdict then?
I still regularly use the STA, it's a gorgeous sounding piece of software.
I am still very fond of the 1176 and use it whenever I run out of UAD DSP.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #566
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
I'm too, the question was in regard to the verbs.

No one experienced that level bug I described above?
I haven't had any issues in the slightest.

Windows 10. Cubase 10.0.40
Old 4 weeks ago
  #567
Gear Maniac
 
Calagan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I think so as it rang a bell:

Got a strange bug in Cubase the other day with the Comp-76. After reopening the project the acoustig guitar track I had it on was like twice as loud. As soon as you touch a control on the plug it's back to normal. Closed and reopened, same thing again. Never had that experience in Mixbus 32c.
Is this a known issue?
I had more or less the same kind of problem but in a different context.

Last month I was mixing a very complex and heavy project in Reaper (usually I use Ableton Live, but it was a 360° video sound design stuff), and each time my project was crashing (it happened quite often, not because of any plugin but because of my CPU and GPU exploding into pieces), I had the same issue like you with all instances of Arturia 1176 while opening the Reaper recovery file.

Very very loud volume, and back to normal when you move any knob...

I did not have any problem with any other plugin, And did not have problems with the Arturia comps while opening a normally saved Reaper project...
Old 4 weeks ago
  #568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calagan View Post
I had more or less the same kind of problem but in a different context.

Last month I was mixing a very complex and heavy project in Reaper (usually I use Ableton Live, but it was a 360° video sound design stuff), and each time my project was crashing (it happened quite often, not because of any plugin but because of my CPU and GPU exploding into pieces), I had the same issue like you with all instances of Arturia 1176 while opening the Reaper recovery file.

Very very loud volume, and back to normal when you move any knob...

I did not have any problem with any other plugin, And did not have problems with the Arturia comps while opening a normally saved Reaper project...
Okay, different context but indeed the exact same problem. Like you it was just the Arturia 1176, not the two other ones. Did you use VST 2 or 3?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #569
Gear Maniac
 
Calagan's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSchlomo View Post
Okay, different context but indeed the exact same problem. Like you it was just the Arturia 1176, not the two other ones. Did you use VST 2 or 3?
VST 3 I think... I'm not sure 100%, but I think I was too happy to test the VST3 in Reaper (I'm still using Live 9 usually).

Why ?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #570
Gear Addict
 
M Albazy's Avatar
I use them all the time mainly the 1176 and STA, as well the pre-amps bundle.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump