The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Burg Microphones announces M1 Tube Microphone
Old 31st July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
I definitely want one or two. Just have to wait for the exchange rate to climb back up slowly.....
Paul, are you (or anyone else reading this) presently in contact with Andrew Myburgh? I emailed him at the posted address over a month ago, and pinged him late last week. No reply in either case. Possibly his spam filter is more aggressive than is good for his business. Someone with another method of contact should tell him that folks are trying to reach him without success.

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
Old 31st July 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rick View Post
Paul, are you (or anyone else reading this) presently in contact with Andrew Myburgh? I emailed him at the posted address over a month ago, and pinged him late last week. No reply in either case. Possibly his spam filter is more aggressive than is good for his business. Someone with another method of contact should tell him that folks are trying to reach him without success.

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
He's on Facebook.
Old 1st August 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_G View Post
He's on Facebook.
...and I'm not -- by choice!

Drew apparently saw my post here and located my emails in his spam folder. Other than repeated attacks by spammers and hackers, all is well. Hope to try this mic in the near future.

More pretty pictures here.
Old 29th November 2019
Update:

I'm starting to wonder if this microphone will ever be available for purchase. I did set aside funds to buy one, but my last communication from Andrew Myburgh was at the end of July. Although he posts a new picture on Instagram every Friday, my recent email to him got not response. We're coming to the end of the US tax year and I can't leave that much capital budget money just sitting there.

What do you folks think? Should I forget about the M1 and just buy a U67 reissue or maybe a pair of Flea mics?

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
Old 29th November 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Update:

I'm starting to wonder if this microphone will ever be available for purchase. I did set aside funds to buy one, but my last communication from Andrew Myburgh was at the end of July. Although he posts a new picture on Instagram every Friday, my recent email to him got not response. We're coming to the end of the US tax year and I can't leave that much capital budget money just sitting there.

What do you folks think? Should I forget about the M1 and just buy a U67 reissue or maybe a pair of Flea mics?

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
Try to pm Burg over here or to contact Andreas Grosser maybe?
I'm not related to this company or any other party involved in this, but would be a shame to let this mic go..

I hope this helps somehow,

Cheu
Old 30th November 2019
Quote:
Update:

David L. Rick
Seventh String Recording
Hi David,

I believe (according to a recent facebook post) Drew is taking it to NAMM if you are going to be there. Maybe you could organise something in person.

Cheers
Paul
Old 30th November 2019
Thanks Paul,

Winter NAMM is in January, so it is after the "Cinderella hour" for US taxes: Anything purchased then can't be deducted/depreciated until April 2021. To be claimed in April 2020, gear must be "placed in service" by the end of December.

I don't typically go to NAMM (I prefer AES), but FWIW Andrew had a M1 prototype at Summer NAMM in Nashville. It was in the BAE booth and Warren Hurt did a brief video interview which is available online. No new information, though.

David
Old 30th November 2019
Lives for gear

Given your timing for taxes, I know Knif Audio has a handful of K804 mics in the works and you can choose your capsule.

I am also planning a last week of Dec purchase and a K804, likely with a Neumann K47 capsule, is my first choice.

Quote:
Thanks Paul,

Winter NAMM is in January, so it is after the "Cinderella hour" for US taxes: Anything purchased then can't be deducted/depreciated until April 2021. To be claimed in April 2020, gear must be "placed in service" by the end of December.

I don't typically go to NAMM (I prefer AES), but FWIW Andrew had a M1 prototype at Summer NAMM in Nashville. It was in the BAE booth and Warren Hurt did a brief video interview which is available online. No new information, though.

David

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 30th November 2019 at 07:56 AM..
Old 4th January 2020
The M1 has apparently been rebranded from "Burg" to "Myburgh". Claim is that the mic is "now shipping", and that it will be available through dealer channels. There is no info on which US dealers will carry it.

What little I know comes from here.
Old 4th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
The M1 has apparently been rebranded from "Burg" to "Myburgh". Claim is that the mic is "now shipping", and that it will be available through dealer channels. There is no info on which US dealers will carry it.

What little I know comes from here.
Hey David,
I guess it will probably choose dealers at Namm 2020.. ? (dunno, it’s just my guess)
I hope you could get to test one..
Did you tried to write to the contacts on that page? Any success?

Let us know how it goes..

Cheu
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Interested in GS member studio tests and all post-shipping reviews, especially capsule option comparisons.

Last edited by StevenLMorgan; 27th February 2020 at 09:04 AM..
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Hey guys

I have missed some posts here for some reason, sorry.

We now have dealers listed on the website https://www.myburgh.eu/dealers
All dealers listed also now have stock.

We have had an overwhelming response since we've started shipping a few weeks ago and the first batch is basically sold out. New M1's will be available in a few weeks time.

cheers,

Drew
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Hey David,
I guess it will probably choose dealers at Namm 2020.. ? (dunno, it’s just my guess)
I hope you could get to test one..
Did you tried to write to the contacts on that page? Any success?

Let us know how it goes..

Cheu
There are now dealers listed on website https://www.myburgh.eu/dealers

Drew
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:
Thanks Paul,

David
Hey David

Please see my last post on this thread. There are dealers now listed on the site.
https://www.myburgh.eu/dealers

Cheers

Drew
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Hi Drew. Both my friend Don and I, sang on your microphone at NAMM. We agreed it sounds wonderful-but surely you hear that a lot!
Chris
Old 27th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew28 View Post
Hey David

Please see my last post on this thread. There are dealers now listed on the site.
https://www.myburgh.eu/dealers

Cheers

Drew
Hi Drew,

Vintage King shipped me a M1 and it is arriving tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing some familiar voices on it next week.

David
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The M1 sounds really good on VK’s new video.
Old 4 weeks ago
Messing around in my practice room prior to using the M1 on anything serious.

Burg Microphones announces M1 Tube Microphone-valve-mics-cello-1175-small.jpg

No, I do not usually mic cello this closely -- it just made a nice picture.

Here I'm doing comparisons with my Josephson C725. Both are valve mics, but they sound completely different from one another and so far I've nearly always had a strong preference one way or the other. (Josephson was used in "moon" mode.)

On my Bass/Baritone voice (which I rarely record): Josephson by a mile
On my wife's Mezzo Soprano voice: Myburgh is an easy choice
On cello, as I'd normally do it in that room: Josephson far superior
On cello, as shown in the picture: Only the Myburgh works at all
On small-body acoustic guitar, 12th fret @ 18 inches: Myburgh is excellent

This big spread in preference is not really a surprise: The Myburgh descends from the U47 and the Josephson from the C12, though you'd guess the opposite just looking at them.

I plan to try the M1 on at least a half dozen different voices in a session three days from now.

David L. Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Burg Microphones announces M1 Tube Microphone-valve-mics-cello-1175-small.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Please post their samples, thank you so much!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head

That is very cool.

I'd also like to hear the sample if possible?

Cheers, Drew
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search