The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Black Lion Audio introduces "The Bluey"
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInOttawa View Post
Given the demise of Mohog, and me not wanting to get Warm Audio anything, if this piece of kit is a quality build with a great sound I could definitely go for it.
Why no desire for warm audio?
Old 14th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Why no desire for warm audio?
Build quality. Lots of posts on here about it. It also seems people aren't thrilled with the sound. I see plenty of them for sale. Mohogs, on the other hand- not many people sold those.
Old 14th April 2019
Deleted 396b4c6
THE SOUND OF HITS!

couple this with an SSL SiX and CLA NS10s and WOW
Old 14th April 2019
Lives for gear
I must be lucky. I actually like the wa76 better than any of the black clones I've tried including U.A., purple, klark, and klark modified. I just like the compression action better. To each their own I guess. Now the audio scape blue stipe is different, and is the most impactful I've used. That thing sounds great but is different than the black face versions. I'm not sure how this new one will sound not having an input transformer like the original, but who knows until we hear it.
Old 14th April 2019
Gear Guru

distribution in Europe ?
Old 14th April 2019
Will they price match Waves CLA plugs?? Ill take 8 for $29 a pop!!
Old 15th April 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnow View Post
Now the audio scape blue stipe is different, and is the most impactful I've used. That thing sounds great but is different than the black face versions.
I'm planning on getting their LA-2A, but hadn't considered their 1176. It's another option, amongst many many options...except a new Mohog :(
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsnow View Post
I must be lucky. I actually like the wa76 better than any of the black clones I've tried including U.A., purple, klark, and klark modified. I just like the compression action better. To each their own I guess. Now the audio scape blue stipe is different, and is the most impactful I've used. That thing sounds great but is different than the black face versions. I'm not sure how this new one will sound not having an input transformer like the original, but who knows until we hear it.
Maybe I got lucky with the wa76s and tonebeasts I bought because they’ve never had any build quality issues and sound great...
Old 19th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
NEVER GETS OLD.

LOL!!!!!!
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

Why is this in SW category?
Old 19th April 2019
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
Why is this in SW category?
Because the OP incorrectly labelled it as such.

Fixed now anyway.
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Head

Interested in hearing the Bluey

Hey GS's,
I'm interested to get my ears on a Bluey. However, I just wanted to chime in on Warm Audio. I took a chance and purchased a WA76 and a WA2A. They were "OK" when I got them. The WA2A was nicer but the WA76 seemed a little noisy, not enough clean compression and actually a lil' too much distortion when more compression was needed...

HOWEVER... I purchase an additional one of each and sent them to Revive Audio for mods when I heard about them.......OMG!! These bad boys are amazing on everything I throw at em'! I use the WA2A's on vocals, and kicks so far and the results are amazing.

The WA76 is now incredible too with no more distortion artifacts, more gain, and more clean compression, and more headroom.

I did get to compare my modded WA76 with a friend who brought his over to the studio. Mine was cleaner and had about 12-15db more gain. I have a few high-end pieces by Manley, API, Neve, Tube-Tech, and Rupert Neve to name a few and the modded Warm Audio pieces are hanging right in there with them. People ask me all the time...."Man what do you have on the lead vocal?" My reply, "the Warm Audio WA2A modded by Revive Audio."

I've been in the game a minute so I'm not blowing smoke! Revive Audio knows what there doing with the mod's! I also had them mod 3pcs-dbx 560A's, an older dbx 166 comp/limiter/gate and they all are FIRE now!

Just my 2-cents!
Old 21st April 2019
Lives for gear

Revive Audio, is that you?
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Head

Revive Audio link

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Revive Audio, is that you?
No it’s these guys.
ReviveAudio.com
Old 21st April 2019
Gear Guru
Cynics always abound.....
Old 22nd April 2019
Gear Addict

Commenting on a mod company in a thread on a product from a mod company.
Old 22nd April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Commenting on a mod company in a thread on a product from a mod company.
It was a very meta turn of events...

1. Many moons ago, Company A made a product
2. Company B makes a clone of Company A's product
3. Company C mods Company B's clones
4. Company D makes a clone of Company A's product (and they also do mods)
5. Forum poster comes into Company D's product announcement thread (where they were announcing a clone of Company A's product) to comment on Company C's clone of Company B's product

Got all that?
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
It was a very meta turn of events...

1. Many moons ago, Company A made a product
2. Company B makes a clone of Company A's product
3. Company C mods Company B's clones
4. Company D makes a clone of Company A's product (and they also do mods)
5. Forum poster comes into Company D's product announcement thread (where they were announcing a clone of Company A's product) to comment on Company C's clone of Company B's product

Got all that?
my head hurts
Old 24th April 2019
Lives for gear

The defense of Warm was valid. Offering an opinion about 1176's in an 1176 thread was valid. That much enthusiasm was slightly suspect, but I don't think he works for the mod company, though clearly a big fan. Maybe he's right about it? Either way, it's no less relevant than parody CLA youtube videos. I guess there's not much else to discuss.
Old 24th April 2019
Gear Nut

When is this thing actually released?
Old 25th April 2019
Lives for gear

Any demos of this unit yet?
Old 26th June 2019
Gear Addict

I ordered one. Shipping sometime in July I believe. I enjoy my BLA Seventeen so I figured a Bluey could also adequately squash audio for me. Price was right...hoping for positive results
Old 12th August 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManMulcahy View Post
I ordered one. Shipping sometime in July I believe. I enjoy my BLA Seventeen so I figured a Bluey could also adequately squash audio for me. Price was right...hoping for positive results
Hi, any feedback on your Bluey? Very interested ...
Old 12th August 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by armand63T View Post
Hi, any feedback on your Bluey? Very interested ...
Latest word from BLA is that shipping on the Bluey is delayed until September.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Now delayed until October
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

...and now November. This is why I shouldn’t pre-order.
Old 17 hours ago
Gear makers need to stop doing this. These constant delays are really irritating
Old 14 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
Gear makers need to stop doing this. These constant delays are really irritating
They listen to one thing...money.

That or they are trying to get the formula correct.
Old 10 hours ago
Lives for gear

Ah take it easy on them, if you've ever taken a product to market you'll know that with manufacturing hiccups and international regulations it's a bumpy road. Often completely out of their control. I'm sure they want it already shipping more than you do....
Old 7 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Coates View Post
Do you think they're doing it just to torture their customers? Remember, they lose money each day their products aren't available for sale. They are the real losers in this equation.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search