The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Vertigo Sound released official VSC-3 compressor plugin!
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Vertigo Sound released official VSC-3 compressor plugin!

THE TRUE EMULATION OF OUR QUAD DISCRETE VCA COMPRESSOR

Quote:
  • Discrete VCA compressor based hardware emulation
  • Discrete VCA Distortion Spectrum up to 0,6% THD
  • Smooth and Punchy Sound
  • Soft (Varimu) to Brick 40:1
  • PEAK and RMS detection
  • Large selection of time constants
  • Super fast Metering
  • Low Cut SC Filter with 6 frequency settings
  • Each channel provides Dry/Wet controls
€149. VST3, AU and AAX versions.

Webpage: VSC-3 Plugin

Hardware manual (some usage tips): here.

Plugin manual: here.

I've been waiting for this! Testing time :¬)

P.S. the new Vertigo licensing system is much better now.

Last edited by b0se; 29th March 2019 at 05:05 PM..
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post

€149

More here: VSC-3 Plugin

I've been waiting for this! Testing time :¬)
Up against your hardware bus comp?
Old 29th March 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Looks tasty. Scared to demo in case I fall in love
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Addict

I know the VSC-2 was a PA partnership but is there any upgrade deal for existing owners?
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod Slaughter View Post
Up against your hardware bus comp?
A/Bing is vs AudioScape SSL as we speak (same settings - typical slow attack/fast release). The VSC-3 is more versatile though so need to delve into it properly.

Initial impressions are very good indeed. Sounds great, low CPU (0.5% in Reaper) and essentially zero latency.

Testing it on vocals and piano once finished with the mixbus.
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Update: Manual here.
More like here :
https://www.vertigosound.com/media/1...gin_manual.pdf

Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

No examples on the website.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi All,

Hows everyone enjoying the VSC-3?
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
No examples on the website.
Download + trial auth only takes a couple of minutes (no registration needed), give it a pop
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Addict

I think this plugin sounds really good and it probably goes beyond the situations I've tested it in but as a 2 bus comp on this particular rock(y)track, it seems to sound more open than the 2 mixes I have (level matched) running through 2 SSL style comps. One is hardware and the other is BX Townhouse.

The openness seems to be at the expense of some energy loss though (due to less transient squashing) and the VSC-3 appears to have slightly narrower imaging. I can't decide if it's just less punchy than the SSL style comps or if it just retains the transients better. Will test more but great job all the same!
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Nut

Can you do plugin vs hardware video comparison like Slate did with Distressor?
If you can I'm buying immediately
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I know the VSC-2 was a PA partnership but is there any upgrade deal for existing owners?
Updrade would be nice but I doubt it. Seems like they’re branching off from PA?
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodakell View Post
Updrade would be nice but I doubt it. Seems like they’re branching off from PA?
Yeah, but as an owner of the VSC-2 I don't feel like buying this one unless there is a good upgrade path.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrustycans View Post
I think this plugin sounds really good and it probably goes beyond the situations I've tested it in but as a 2 bus comp on this particular rock(y)track, it seems to sound more open than the 2 mixes I have (level matched) running through 2 SSL style comps. One is hardware and the other is BX Townhouse.

The openness seems to be at the expense of some energy loss though (due to less transient squashing) and the VSC-3 appears to have slightly narrower imaging. I can't decide if it's just less punchy than the SSL style comps or if it just retains the transients better. Will test more but great job all the same!
try it in dual-mono (unlinked). wider image.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtone View Post
try it in dual-mono (unlinked). wider image.
Did try that, thanks. It did throw the balance off a touch unlike the others but will have another blast tomorrow. On another note, this seems to retain low end better than most of the alternatives even without the filter which is a huge plus.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Yeah, but as an owner of the VSC-2 I don't feel like buying this one unless there is a good upgrade path.
I’m in the same exact boat as you. I own VSC-2 and the last thing I want to do is pay full price just for an upgrade. I’m sure it sounds great but I just can’t.
Old 29th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I’m in the same exact boat as you. I own VSC-2 and the last thing I want to do is pay full price just for an upgrade. I’m sure it sounds great but I just can’t.
So you guys have to say bye, bye to the vsc3 for sure. It's not PA anymore.

Edit: Btw: have you even tested it guys...!? How you like it? Or do you just want to collect everything you can get?
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ral9005 View Post
So you guys have to say bye, bye to the vsc3 for sure. It's not PA anymore.

Edit: Btw: have you even tested it guys...!? How you like it? Or do you just want to collect everything you can get?
I don't know why the attitude, but, look, there is no real difference between the VSC-3 and the VSC-2 in the hardware realm, and I'm pretty satisfied with the VSC-2 emulation by PA. So, I don't know how this 2 plugins can be that different.

Anyway, if I have to say "bye, bye" to this, I'm fine with it.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
I don't know why the attitude, but, look, there is no real difference between the VSC-3 and the VSC-2 in the hardware realm, and I'm pretty satisfied with the VSC-2 emulation by PA. So, I don't know how this 2 plugins can be that different.

Anyway, if I have to say "bye, bye" to this, I'm fine with it.
The Vsc3 is a different hardware and the programming is not based on the Vsc2 code.
If you are happy with your VSC2 plugin just stick
with it and don’t ask for an “upgrade discount “
The Vsc3 plugin is not an upgrade of the PA VSC2 software.
I hope this explanation makes sense.
Old 29th March 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo Sound View Post
Hi All,

Hows everyone enjoying the VSC-3?
Sorry for the off-topic question but is there any chance of you updating the GUI on your VSM-3? It's really small and desperately needs a resizing option.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortifex View Post
Sorry for the off-topic question but is there any chance of you updating the GUI on your VSM-3? It's really small and desperately needs a resizing option.
Please contact PA to check if those guys are willing to do such an update. It’s out of my hands. Sorry
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
The Vsc3 is a different hardware and the programming is not based on the Vsc2 code.

That makes perfect sense. And thanks for being clear on what we can expect.

I'm a big fan of the VSC-2 compressor. Like I said, having the PA plugin I doubt this will add much to my tool box, but for anyone that doesn't have it, I can highly recommend trying this new Vertigo version.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I understand this. But I do also wish there could be an introductory price or something. There’s so many plugins that I want on sale right now with an introductory price and it’s driving me crazy. So in that sense it’s kinda nice since I’m not as tempted to buy everything right now. Might get this vsc3 at some point in the future but for now I guess the vsc2 will do. Would love to demo it but I just don’t want to tempt myself even more.
Old 29th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
I understand this. But I do also wish there could be an introductory price or something. There’s so many plugins that I want on sale right now with an introductory price and it’s driving me crazy. So in that sense it’s kinda nice since I’m not as tempted to buy everything right now. Might get this vsc3 at some point in the future but for now I guess the vsc2 will do. Would love to demo it but I just don’t want to tempt myself even more.
I read in another forum that 149,- is the introprice and the regular price is 289,-.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I read in another forum that 149,- is the introprice and the regular price is 289,-.
That’s correct.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Oh, ok. It didn’t say anything about that on their website so I assumed 149 was the standard price. But sheesh 289? That’s gonna be tough to justify. Yikes. Guess I might need to demo now and think more seriously about this then since I’m surely not willing to spend that 289 on it.
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
A/Bing is vs AudioScape SSL as we speak (same settings - typical slow attack/fast release). The VSC-3 is more versatile though so need to delve into it properly.

Initial impressions are very good indeed. Sounds great, low CPU (0.5% in Reaper) and essentially zero latency.

Testing it on vocals and piano once finished with the mixbus.
Would love to know how it sounds on vocals. Looking forward to hearing your opinion on the results.
Old 29th March 2019
Deleted 9145577
$289
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9145577 View Post
$289
What’s the normal price of the PA stuff again?
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9145577 View Post
$289
Buy something in your price and quality range
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search