Native Instruments introduces NOIRE - Page 2 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Native Instruments introduces NOIRE
Old 30th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Old 31st March 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Sounds really good plus the added stuff is great.

But, considering it's going to be a part of Komplete someday it's just not something I'd consider buying.

k
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Maniac

NOIRE vs Ravenscroft vs Keyscape.

I did not use the same midi file, instead, i wanted to improvise on each one separately and let it guide me as i play.

- NOIRE default preset: 0:00
- Ravenscroft: 4:16
- Keyscape: 8:31
- NOIRE custom preset: 12:23

Old 2nd April 2019 | Show parent
Deleted b9e227a
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepitsimple View Post
NOIRE vs Ravenscroft vs Keyscape.

I did not use the same midi file, instead, i wanted to improvise on each one separately and let it guide me as i play.

- NOIRE default preset: 0:00
- Ravenscroft: 4:16
- Keyscape: 8:31
- NOIRE custom preset: 12:23

Like both Noire pianos and the Ravenscroft. Honestly the Keyscape one doesn't do much for me. Great playing!
Old 3rd April 2019 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted b9e227a View Post
Like both Noire pianos and the Ravenscroft. Honestly the Keyscape one doesn't do much for me. Great playing!
The Keyscape demo does sound thin and with an unnaturally quick decay, which is different than the sound I've come to know from that library, though I tend to gravitate toward fuller sound and wouldn't set it up this way.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Keyscape deserves a longer improv than the one i did to give it justice, in order to showcase the rich mid registers especially during jazzy runs. With that said, i didn't tweak or change anything in the settings, it's the default LA Custom C7 patch, first one on the list, unchanged.

It actually sounded much louder/fuller than the others, i had to turn down the volume in the GUI settings from +1 to 0 and also decided NOT to slap a maximizer on it (contrary to what i did with the other pianos in the video). That's how dominant it was compared to the others.
Old 4th April 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

A short improv with both Pure & Felt presets.

3 Pure Presets (Pop Grand, In Concert & Extra Body)

Old 3rd May 2019 | Show parent
Deleted 9949851
Inspired

These two instruments sound incredible and inspire creativity. The best virtual piano purchase I have ever made, and I didn't have to buy a new/faster computer to run it. The only downside is I'm getting no sleep. Spectacular job bringing this about. High praises for all involved.
Old 3rd May 2019 | Show parent
Deleted 9949851
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Mix View Post
A short improv with both Pure & Felt presets.

3 Pure Presets (Pop Grand, In Concert & Extra Body)

Awesome!!!! Love this piano so much, and your playing. Really terrific!
Old 23rd May 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 9949851 View Post
Awesome!!!! Love this piano so much, and your playing. Really terrific!
Thanks a lot. Yes, it's a great instrument for sure.
Old 12th June 2019
Keyscape has less sustain because it's got less reverb than the others... But it sounds great to me ears, just more dry
Old 15th June 2019 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallon426 View Post
Keyscape has less sustain because it's got less reverb than the others... But it sounds great to me ears, just more dry
Yes, it's a lovely piano, but I wouldn't buy it just for the piano samples. There are many good alternatives in that category. For me Keyscape is great for everything else... .
Old 15th June 2019
I was referring to this examples. The keyscape had way less reverb than the other pianos. The sustain you might be hearing is due to that, I suspect.
Old 15th June 2019 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Mix View Post
Yes, it's a lovely piano, but I wouldn't buy it just for the piano samples. There are many good alternatives in that category. For me Keyscape is great for everything else... .
I actually bought it for everything but the pianos. Not knocking them -- they're very good -- but the gold in Keyscape is in the other instruments. The electric pianos, in particular, are killer. And that Harmochord is my go-to accordion.
Old 21st September 2019
Here for the gear

Hi,

I just purchase NI NOIRE grand piano, I also own the Garritan CFX but NOIRE sounds somewhat richer and warmer.

I've a question:

Is there a way to re-save only the 'Noire Pure' version as I won't use the `'Noire FELT'` version, I want to save disk space since I am only concerned by the clean version. Any idea please? Thanks!
📝 Reply