The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Austrian Audio Debuts with 8 Products. Mics & Capsules Made in Vienna!
Old 24th March 2019
Gear Head

Austrian Audio Debuts with 8 Products. Mics & Capsules Made in Vienna!

Austrian Audio brings handmade capsules & microphones back to Vienna.

Full brand debut plus 8 new products; across 5 categories: handcrafted microphone systems, digital control systems, professional software & processing, headphones and customizable high-speed industrial test and measurement equipment for manufacturers’ assembly lines and QC.

All will be on display with live demos during:
Frankfurt’s Musikmesse ProLight + Sound. Hall 8.0, Stand C45. April 2nd-5th. Full Press Event: April 3rd @ 15:30.

“I couldn’t be prouder of what this heritage team has accomplished in under two years of development and now into full production. This is what happens when you reassemble a team that has decades of experience working together. Austrian Audio will bring back ‘Made in Vienna’ and will provide the tools to ‘Make your passion heard’”, stated Martin Seidl - CEO.
“Austrian Audio will debut its line of handmade large diaphragm condenser microphones. These will feature patent-applied-for technologies and will introduce Open Acoustics Technologies”, he elaborated, “It has been a huge effort but ‘Made in Vienna’ is back and so is this heritage team.”

• Taking center stage for the debut will be a pair of large diaphragm condenser (LDC) microphones that are handmade in Vienna, Austria; the OC818 multipattern & fully-featured (see below) big brother to the OC18 cardioid only microphone. Even the CKR12 (Capsule Keramik Ring) is handmade one-at-a-time by two of the most experienced hands in the business. Both mics feature the same great capsules. Choose according to required features; no compromise in sound!
• The OC818 microphone is the first multi-patterned microphone to proudly feature the world’s first wireless pattern and switching control via an optional transmitter/receiver (OCR8) that can be fitted to the rear of the microphone. This unique tool allows for a previously unheard of 255 discrete polar patterns between figure-of-eight, through all of the cardioid versions and into omnidirectional. The free control software, PolarPilot, will be available for iOS and Android. This all occurs in the analog domain and there is no processing or conversion of the mic’s signal to digital.
• The OC818 also features a 2nd output that allows the recordist, engineer, musician and forward-thinking artist to record the rear facing capsule independently of the forward-facing capsule. If both capsules are recorded to a stereo or dual-mono track, our free and Open Source PolarDesigner plug-in (Mac/Win: VST, AU & AAX) will allow for unprecedented control and tailoring of polar patterns between 1 and 5 bands with selectable crossover points.
• Each microphone will be available in a variety of packs to fit different needs; singles and pairs, accessories or not.
Aurora is our customizable & high-speed industrial test & measurement system with unparalleled flexibility and detail in reporting, analysis and yield adjustment. Live demonstrations, with the senior engineer who coded the software, will be available all day at stand C45. Reserve a time slot by calling the number below or just come on by.
• Our new OC818 and OC18 microphones and additional technologies will be available for demonstration with a preview of our custom headphones: Hi-X50 and Hi-X55.
Austrian Audio’s “Made in Vienna. Again!” 8 Products and Brand Launch

Attending the show will be personnel from: Sales, Engineering, Management, and Product Management. Book your reservations with our team today. See below for details.
For additional information, press contacts, setting up product reviews, product walk-throughs at the show, or to be put in touch with our Sales team; please contact:
Kent Iverson
Head of PR & Marketing
E: [email protected]
W: austrianaudio
T: Contact number at MusikMesse PL+S: +43.1.934.682.6300

Map to Finding us in Hall 8.0, Stand C45. Just look for our logo!

About Austrian Audio:

Austrian Audio GmbH was founded in order to keep the tradition and heritage of ‘Made in Vienna’ microphones, headphones, technologies and world-class engineering knowhow alive and well in the world capital of music. We pride ourselves on delivering superior musical and audio tools for the modern engineer, artist, producer and music lover. We also have a dedication to as much eco-friendly and open source product and design as we can sustainably deliver (see our GitHub repository!)

We know who we are and you know where we come from.
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Sounds like some cool future looking stuff. Still waiting for my hover board and rocket car though...
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

I’ve had the pleasure of a little info preview of these products over the last few weeks and I’m thoroughly impressed with the technology they are bringing to the market here.
Can’t wait to actually try it out!
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

Really curious, too. I had some very good experiences with customer service, when AKG still was in Vienna.
The OC818 seems to have a lot in common with the Lewitt 640TS like a second output and software (POLARIZER) that allows to change the material you have already recorded dynamically by adjusting the polar pattern, add or subtract room, and even turn your microphone by 180°. And both companies were founded by ex-AKG stuff members...
Old 25th March 2019
Gear Head

Ex-AKG founding of both companies but the companies are rather different. We're as committed to in-sourcing and making things in Vienna (including the capsules) as much as possible and as much as the market will support. We're coming at things rather differently but have a ton of respect for the handful former colleagues that have found a fulfilling home at Lewitt.
Old 25th March 2019
Lives for gear

You live and work in one of the most wonderfull cities on planet earth!!! Really curious about the products!
Old 26th March 2019
Gear Head

Dankeschön! I agree as I’ve moved here twice!

More product info coming very soon.
Old 30th March 2019
Lives for gear

Game redefiner.
Old 31st March 2019
Gear Head

Thanks, sir. Certainly something to live up to.
Old 31st March 2019
Gear Head

Here's something the boss will kill me for sharing, but I can't help it. The World's Most Expensive Headphones!

This hard-working team of engineers hand built these 12 engineering builds of our forthcoming Hi-X55 headphones. We'll use 'em for as long as they'll last on our stand at the show. Huge congratulations to them for seeing these through and putting in the late night hours.

The colors and finishes aren't 'final' but the rest is. These will be the first professional headphones to feature our proprietary drivers.

===

This is from last week as they were laying the parts out and cleaning them up.

Old 31st March 2019
Lives for gear

If you find you don't like the color and decide to throw them away, I'll send you the new address of the recycling station...
Old 31st March 2019
Lives for gear
Open back? Closed back?
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Head

The Hi-X55 and Hi-X50 are both closed back. They are exactly the same headphone except that the former is over-ear and the latter is on-ear and smaller for better transportability. Lots of folks editing in hotels and on flights these days.
These are but the first 2 headphones. More coming but they are quite a ways out from this show.
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustrianAudio View Post
The Hi-X55 and Hi-X50 are both closed back. They are exactly the same headphone except that the former is over-ear and the latter is on-ear and smaller for better transportability. Lots of folks editing in hotels and on flights these days.
These are but the first 2 headphones. More coming but they are quite a ways out from this show.
More detailed, closeup pictures of the finished headphones would be appreciated if possible. I hope you guys have a good showing at the Musikmesse.
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Head

One more day...

Check our new website around noon and I'll try to post some renderings of the final colors and actual pictures of the engineering builds if I can breathe!
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Maniac

This is very interesting and exciting. I'm hoping one of the new mics will cure my need for vintage C414 B-ULS microphones. Right now nothing else comes close...
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Head

At 10:30 CET (4:30AM EST / 1:30AM PST), on April 2nd, we will have a live 'Premier' launch of our primary microphone video and our team will watch it live with you and answer questions as they come in.

We're at the show and chat with you about that as well, time permitting. Hope to see you guys there.

Schlafenzeit...
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Woohoo! Loved it when there is a new innovation!
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

At 10:30 CET (4:30AM EST / 1:30AM PST), on April 2nd, we will have a live 'Premier' launch of our primary microphone video and our team will watch it live with you and answer questions as they come in.

We're at the show and chat with you about that as well, time permitting. Hope to see you guys there.

Schlafenzeit...
When will you release these and how much...? With all the new technology and capsule you guys have incorporated into the microphones, I expect the game has changed now...this is like having Messi and Ronaldo on your under 10, prep-school soccer team.
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, it looks like the 414 of the future!
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:

Schlafenzeit...
Thoroughly well done video! When will the first written reviews come out? And will you make audio samples on guitar, piano and vocals?
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
When will you release these and how much...? With all the new technology and capsule you guys have incorporated into the microphones, I expect the game has changed now...this is like having Messi and Ronaldo on your under 10, prep-school soccer team.
Sound on Sound has a write up “The OC818 and OC18 are being sold singly for $999 and $699, or as stereo pairs for $1899 and $1399 respectively (the OCR8 transmitter/receiver is $149)”.
Austrian Audio launch with eight new products at Musikmesse |
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samc View Post
Sound on Sound has a write up “The OC818 and OC18 are being sold singly for $999 and $699, or as stereo pairs for $1899 and $1399 respectively (the OCR8 transmitter/receiver is $149)”.
Austrian Audio launch with eight new products at Musikmesse |
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by miscend View Post
Thoroughly well done video! When will the first written reviews come out? And will you make audio samples on guitar, piano and vocals?
This! Very curious to hear the samples
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Seems quite interesting and not expensive ! About this CKR12, are we talking about a modern version of the CK12 ? Sonic clone ? Will it be sold separately and can it be used in ELAM or C12-type microphones ?
Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Guru

Good luck chaps - I hope it all goes well.

As the AES European Convention will be in Vienna next year - I hope to see you there.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Head

Thanks, all. Totally swamped with the show right now. I’ll answer questions when show is over. The pricing is correct and is the anticipated street/retail pricing.

Capsule not available separately. Sonic character definitely from the best of Viennese legacy.
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Nut

Endlich mal wieder österreichische Qualität ♡
Can't wait to test the mics
Grüsse aus wien
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Addict

Any pricing for the headphones ? Where can we buy your products in Europe ?
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

Heard the multi pattern model this morning before public hell kicked in, on my own headphones. This is by far the most promising new thing on the messe so far. Looking forward to trying it at home, but I have a very good feeling about it already...

Jakob E.

Last edited by gyraf; 4th April 2019 at 10:08 PM.. Reason: sp
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search