The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drawmer introduces two new products the 1974 & 1976
Old 20th March 2019
News Desk Editor

Drawmer introduces two new products the 1974 & 1976

Drawmer introduces two new products at Musikmesse 2019

We going to be introducing two new products to introduce at the Messe. We've been working on some interesting additions to our 1970s FET series.

1974 : 4-band Stereo Parametric Equaliser

With just one set of controls for both channels, this is a genuine stereo unit. Variable Low-cut & High-cut filters perfectly tune out any unwanted signals, and with fully variable bandwidth, you have absolute control over the parametric mid-bands.

Switchable slope, plus low peak, allows you to adjust the focus & magnify the bottom end. And with indented & accurate potentiometers, you get greater precision with fast & simple recall.

1976 Stereo 3-band Saturation & Width Processor

With a nod to our DC2476 Digital Master Processor, the 1976 will inject character, colour & life into your recordings and live sound at an affordable price. Totally Analogue saturation which gives the warmth and realism that plug-ins can only aspire to.

With 3 bands, the stereo width of the Lows, Mids & Highs can be adjusted to add real presence and depth to your mix. A single, yet comprehensive set of controls provides a genuine stereo operation.

Both the 1974 and 1976 are standard 1U rack mount units. Pricing will be similar to the 1978, a little less for the 1976. We're looking for a summer release for both units. As with all Drawmer products, they are wholly Designed & Manufactured in the UK.

For more information about Drawmer products, visit: Drawmer Electronics Ltd

Messe 2019 booth

We're once again sharing the booth with our partners SEA Vertrieb & Consulting. We've taken a different approach this year that reflects the changes to Prolight+Sound generally, and we are part of the Sound & Recording Lounge in Hall 8, stand K20

Attached Thumbnails
Drawmer introduces two new products the 1974 & 1976-unnamed-14-.jpg   Drawmer introduces two new products the 1974 & 1976-unnamed-13-.jpg  
Old 20th March 2019
Administrator

Cool!
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

I'm good for EQ but that '76 is sexy.

I'm not sure if one could call Drawmer a boutique company. I wonder how many employees it takes to go from boutique to small company?
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

why boutique?
where did you read that word?
Old 20th March 2019
I still use my DC2476 that I've had from new. Up until very recently I used the 3-band tube saturation on all my mixes (it's excellent) but now I only use the stereo width on all final mixes. I also use the great sounding eq in the unit if needed.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
why boutique?
where did you read that word?
I was just comparing to outfits like Stam, Louder than Liftoff and Audioscape, which are rather small. Stam has just hired 15 workers, Audioscape is (was?) a 2 person operation. I've heard them referred to as boutique companies, offering a small number of high end units which have filled a niche in the market. Drawmer is much bigger and I was wondering how large this company is?
Old 20th March 2019
Just based on looking at the front panel on the 1976, it doesn't appear to have much control over the saturation/distortion. It would have been more useful if they would have skipped the width controls and made the saturation more tweakable. Still, it's interesting and I'll be eager to read reviews from users once it's available.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
Analogue saturation which gives the warmth and realism that plug-ins can only aspire to.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

[QUOTEJust based on looking at the front panel on the 1976, it doesn't appear to have much control over the saturation/distortion. It would have been more useful if they would have skipped the width controls and made the saturation more tweakable. Still, it's interesting and I'll be eager to read reviews from users once it's available.][/QUOTE]

You get the saturation from the 78.

These things are becoming like pokemons. You got catch them all.

Ive owned the 68 and the 73. Had to sell due to financial constraints but let me tell you Drawmer makes some very fine gear.

I can see punters having just a rack full of Drawmer as they are right on the top of there game.

Cheers
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Head

Hi All,

Currently working on demos for both units, but while the press release is still fresh here's a little taster drum loop manipulated with the 1976 prototype! Peak level matched so what you hear is what you get. bypassed-active-bypassed-active.

1976 DrumMadness PeakMatched by DrawmerPro | Drawmer Pro | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Cheers Kieron.
"Big enough to be not boutique... but small enough to care "

Last edited by kieronc; 21st March 2019 at 05:09 PM..
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Guru
Are these made in England? Just curious.....
Old 22nd March 2019
Deleted 1cebaa9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieronc View Post
Hi All,

Currently working on demos for both units, but while the press release is still fresh here's a little taster drum loop manipulated with the 1976 prototype! Peak level matched so what you hear is what you get. bypassed-active-bypassed-active.

1976 DrumMadness PeakMatched by DrawmerPro | Drawmer Pro | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Cheers Kieron.
"Big enough to be not boutique... but small enough to care "
Wow, can't wait to hear the full demos!

Can somebody please explain what characteristics a fet eq has?
I know about fet compressors (I also own a 1978) but never heard about fet eqs
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Are these made in England? Just curious.....
Yes, all hand built at our factory in South Yorkshire, in England
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logima View Post
Wow, can't wait to hear the full demos!

Can somebody please explain what characteristics a fet eq has?
I know about fet compressors (I also own a 1978) but never heard about fet eqs
some marketing confusion I'm afraid. The 70s series is generally FET based, and the 1976 is full of them. But the 1974 EQ is not a FET product.
Old 22nd March 2019
Deleted 1cebaa9
Quote:
some marketing confusion I'm afraid. The 70s series is generally FET based, and the 1976 is full of them. But the 1974 EQ is not a FET product.
Understood, thanks for the answer!
Old 22nd March 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
@ kieronc
These 2 products have caught my eyes in a major way!
Cpl questions.
1. Since you mentioned that the 1974 EQ is not a FET product, do you mind sharing the design philosophy of it in terms of the “sound”? Like is it warm, or more clean and pretty much sends the EQed signal out as was received without imparting any sonic signature?

2. I currently have a 1973 MultiBand Compressor that I mostly use to add some compression to my vocal bus, do you think the 1974 will be a great EQ to place before/after my 1973 in my vocal bus chain?

Thanks.
Old 22nd March 2019
Gear Guru
Cool I was asking since the new SSL mixer is built in China, and i found that disappointing on a certain level. I'm old fashioned I guess!......
Old 23rd March 2019
Lives for gear

you dont have to be old fashioned.

Having a moral or ethical conscious is good enough for me.

Yeah I know that alot of stuff that we use in our daily life is from China but we do have a choice
to buy an alternate product.

It probably goes to say perhaps that we are hard wired and look for the cheapest and not necessarily the best product.

Cheers
Old 23rd March 2019
Lives for gear

The 1976 looks like a cool box. Definitely watching this one.
Old 24th March 2019
Quote:

Do you know the 1974 EQ US retail price and when the EQ I’ll be available?

Last I looked I wasn’t on the Drawmer website yet.

Thanks
Old 25th March 2019
mp3
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickknack View Post
you dont have to be old fashioned.

Having a moral or ethical conscious is good enough for me.

Yeah I know that alot of stuff that we use in our daily life is from China but we do have a choice
to buy an alternate product.

It probably goes to say perhaps that we are hard wired and look for the cheapest and not necessarily the best product.

Cheers
What’s the make and model of the device on which you typed that post?
Old 26th March 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

@ kieronc
Any chance of getting a response to post #16 's queries?

Thank you.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Head

Hi Sorry JGM, preparing for Pro Light and getting the two new products ready for full production!

The 1974 can only be described as a Clean Parametric EQ, the aim was to produce a fast set up Stereo EQ that just behaves as expected, I've plotted all its curves and will get them up at some point!

The philosophy of all the 70s series is to do something interesting across a stereo bus, if you need an EQ on the vocal chain, before or after the 1973 I'm sure the 74 will fit the bill, can do most EQ tricks from gentle shelving to precision filtering!

Hop that helps, Cheers, Kieron.
Old 27th March 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Sorry JGM, preparing for Pro Light and getting the two new products ready for full production!

The 1974 can only be described as a Clean Parametric EQ, the aim was to produce a fast set up Stereo EQ that just behaves as expected, I've plotted all its curves and will get them up at some point!

The philosophy of all the 70s series is to do something interesting across a stereo bus, if you need an EQ on the vocal chain, before or after the 1973 I'm sure the 74 will fit the bill, can do most EQ tricks from gentle shelving to precision filtering!

Hop that helps, Cheers, Kieron.
No worries.
Thanks for the response.
I am very interested in both products. Just waiting to see when they will be shipping and where the US prices end up.
Also looking forward to some indepth videos showing off the features and sounds.

One quick question, are all the knobs detented on both units?

Best of luck at Pro Light.

Cheers.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Head

Hi JGM, Thanks! Looking forward to it!

Only the 1974 has the indented pots we felt the 1976 would be more suited to minor tweaks than the 74 which we considered more likely to want recall.

Cheers, Kieron.
Old 27th March 2019
Lives for gear

I'm a stickler for recall so I'm a bit disappointed to hear the '76 isn't stepped, but I'm still interested as there's not much, if anything, in hardware land that can do that.

You guys should offer professional versions, or mastering versions of all the 19xx series stuff where everything is stepped for recall.
Old 28th March 2019
Lives for gear

What is the price of the 1974 ?
Old 28th March 2019
Lives for gear

The 1974 at first glance reminds me of the Elysia xfilter — a stereo bus EQ with one set of controls for both left and right channels.

The 1976 really seems interesting and I'm hoping to learn more.
Old 30th March 2019
Deleted 1cebaa9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
The 1974 at first glance reminds me of the Elysia xfilter — a stereo bus EQ with one set of controls for both left and right channels.
I was exactly looking at the Xfilter for a stereo eq to use on the master bus around the 1000 euro price but now I will wait to hear some demos of the 1974
Old 31st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 1cebaa9 View Post
I was exactly looking at the Xfilter for a stereo eq to use on the master bus around the 1000 euro price but now I will wait to hear some demos of the 1974
Probably same price range. But yeah, both companies make some quality kit. Might as well see which one has the right feel for you.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search