The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Drawmer introduces two new products the 1974 & 1976
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Looks like a couple cool products. Drawmer is some of the best bang for the buck gear around.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Nut

Still got ALL my Drawmer stuff from the 80s and 90s, their units are built so well and always behave as expected, - never had any problems. I was considering building another modular synth system but now I feel I'll just put the money aside for the 1974, - I want to get back into using real analogue processors anyway, and I can't think of a better company to purchase gear from.
Old 4th April 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

1974 Review:
YouTube
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

Now that is some nice tone shaping right there on programmed material or even better at the source.

Cheers
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for the video mister mix and master.

Looking forward to the next one on the stereo width processor.

Cheers
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

The EQ sounds really good in that video. I'm curious to hear more. Would love to get the pricing made official.
Old 5th April 2019
1976 Review
YouTube
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

The 1976 sounds great but the faceplate is way too anemic in it's markings for serious use as recall will definitely be an issue.
Look at how the 1974 is legended; That's how the 1976 should be. What's hilarious is that the 1974 is stepped so it doesn't even need that level of legending. But every knob on the 1976 should have been marked like the 1974. Someone in Drawmer design was asleep at the wheel. Or as I sometimes believe, the people who design the stuff unfortunately are never the same people who use it and so stuff that we take for granted in the real world gets glossed over.

The width and sat knobs are almost decent, but the crossover and the gain knobs are just unrecallable with any accuracy in their present state.

Thankfully this product hasn't been released so there's still time for Drawmer to fix this oversight. Or maybe, like I said earlier, Drawmer can always release an updated version for their second run if they're past the point where they can fix this error in the first run.

Now that I think about it, it reminds me how early SPL stuff was like this, variable pots and anemic markings and they ended up re-releasing all their stuff with proper legending so you could recall it at least.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

The pots on the 1974 are all detented going from the description
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMixOTB View Post
The pots on the 1974 are all detented going from the description
I know. I was referring to the 1976 which isn't detened. The 1974 is detented AND has really thorough legending. The 1976 isn't detened and has anemic legending. At the very least, if they weren't going to make it detented for recalls, they should have, at the very least made the legending as thorough as the 1974.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by satissounds View Post
1976 Review
YouTube
I love how the housey techno track sounds at 20 odd minutes. I like using plugins to do the same but it just sounds smoother and slightly more organic with this hardware. I’m def thinking of adding one of these. When are they due out, summertime?
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Cool I was asking since the new SSL mixer is built in China, and i found that disappointing on a certain level. I'm old fashioned I guess!......
yepp i agree!!!!! the treshold has been set at ssl i guess!
Old 19th April 2019
Lives for gear

So the 1976 will be $800, right?
Old 20th April 2019
Lives for gear

All information except price is up on there website now.

Cheers
Old 29th April 2019
Gear Nut

Awesome! Saturation device yes, Drawmer. I have the 1968mk2. Find it very useful except on the mixbus IMO.

I was saving money for the Culture Vulture. But now this announcement makes me very curious.

Awaiting demo's!

Old 23rd May 2019
Both very interesting products! Can you tell us something about the amplification stages? IC?
Old 20th June 2019
Lives for gear

Hey @ kieronc , any updates on these? Seems like we should have heard some more from people testing them or even better, selling them.
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Head

Hi Sirthought, they are moving out to distributors as we speak so expect to see them on the shelves soon.

We are also working on more reviews!
Cheers, Kieron.
Old 20th June 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieronc View Post
Hi Sirthought, they are moving out to distributors as we speak so expect to see them on the shelves soon.

We are also working on more reviews!
Cheers, Kieron.
Prices please?
Old 20th June 2019
Gear Head

Hi JGM,

The 1976 and 1974 are the same price as our 1978 comp in all territories, so a quick google should tell you!

Cheers, Kieron.
Old 20th June 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi JGM,

The 1976 and 1974 are the same price as our 1978 comp in all territories, so a quick google should tell you!

Cheers, Kieron.
Thank you.
Old 5th July 2019
Here for the gear

I was thinking to buy the SSL Fusion but the 1976 sounds so sick! and is cheaper hahaha. and also I guess you can get crazy saturation with the 1976.
Old 6th July 2019
Here for the gear

So yesterday I bought the 1976, lets see how is sound.
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
some marketing confusion I'm afraid. The 70s series is generally FET based, and the 1976 is full of them. But the 1974 EQ is not a FET product.
Are these transformerless?
Old 19th July 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by christube View Post
Are these transformerless?
Yes.
Old 19th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yave Blackfire View Post
So yesterday I bought the 1976, lets see how is sound.
Any thoughts you'd like to share about the box?
Old 19th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Believe it or not I still waiting for the unit, I bought it at sweetwater and there’s no stock yet.
Old 25th July 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post

Alright sir, finally the 1976 arrived. Last night I tested with a mix, in this particular mix the client wants to replace the original kick for a sample one or trigger kick or whatever you wanna call it, me personally I don't fan of fake drums but well that's point of debate in a different thread, so I connected and immediately the first thing I feel was the kick, the sound change completely!!!! from sterile to warm! that was insane!!! so I started to move the knobs and I put it next to the UAD Fatso pluging and the plugin is great but 1976 is way different bro, you can feel how the smooth sound take over the mix, it sounds with imperfections (I hope you can understand that) and I like that, the width control is so crazy you can make everything sound more open and wide, the fatso plugin is cool too I really like it but 1976 is a different animal.

Today early I put it in a new mix, all the tracks are raw and the same happened bro, I really love the 1976.
Old 26th July 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yave Blackfire View Post
Alright sir, finally the 1976 arrived. Last night I tested with a mix, in this particular mix the client wants to replace the original kick for a sample one or trigger kick or whatever you wanna call it, me personally I don't fan of fake drums but well that's point of debate in a different thread, so I connected and immediately the first thing I feel was the kick, the sound change completely!!!! from sterile to warm! that was insane!!! so I started to move the knobs and I put it next to the UAD Fatso pluging and the plugin is great but 1976 is way different bro, you can feel how the smooth sound take over the mix, it sounds with imperfections (I hope you can understand that) and I like that, the width control is so crazy you can make everything sound more open and wide, the fatso plugin is cool too I really like it but 1976 is a different animal.

Today early I put it in a new mix, all the tracks are raw and the same happened bro, I really love the 1976.
Fatso is the comparison I had in my mind, so that's good. I think this might work better for that kind of tool, either on mix bus or tracks like you described. I'm surprised there's not been more talk about it. Glad to hear you like it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear
I’m interested in the 1976 but there’s hardly any reviews of the unit to be found, the one customer review in sweetwater’s pages mentioned that there were phase issues with the stereo image when used on the master bus. The youtube clips I’ve heard sounded really good to me, I’d like to hear opinions from anyone else that actually owns the unit.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search