The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer Audio Interfaces
Old 20th March 2019
News Desk Editor

Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer

Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer-ssl-six_overhead_black.jpg
Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer

SiX is a classic SSL design, with a carefully considered feature set that is driven by an obsessive desire for total flexibility, to encompass every creative eventuality. It carries the DNA of 40 years of true expertise in creative studio workflow. Listen to SiX and you will experience the impeccable sonic performance that is the hallmark of every SSL console. It is powerful, intuitive, inspired and rewarding.

As a condensed professional console for use in the studio, in post-production, on stage, and for podcasting, SiX offers big console sound and an impressive set of utility features in a format that is small enough to stick in a bag. SiX is stunning value; it offers two recording channels with SuperAnalogueTM mic pres, an essential one knob version of the classic SSL Channel Compressor, a new two-band Channel EQ, inserts and 100mm faders. There is a two-knob version of the legendary G-Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus and the unique Listen Mic Compressor on the Talkback. In mixdown mode it is a very capable twelve channel summing system that offers analogue detail, depth and width to your mixes.

“With over 30 years’ involvement in the design of SSL consoles, when developing the concept of SiX, I really thought hard on what our users appreciate about our larger consoles; what helps their workflow and delivers quality results for them”comments Niall Feldman, SSL Director of New Products. “The big challenge then was how to deliver those values and features in a compact product. Working with a great team and focussing on audio quality, workflow and flexibility, the resultant SiX mixer is one our proudest achievements”.

“SiX is everything an SSL console should be, but at a price point that makes the SSL audio pedigree more accessible” comments James Gordon, CEO of Audiotonix. “When Fusion launched last year we hinted it was the start of a new line of studio offerings and SiX is step two of that commitment.”

SSL SiX is available now priced: £999 +VAT, $1499+Tax, €1199 +Tax.

For more information: SiX | Solid State Logic
Attached Thumbnails
Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer-ssl-six_overhead_black.jpg   Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer-ssl-six_rear.jpg   Solid State Logic announce the launch of SiX - The Ultimate Desktop Mixer-ssl-six_angle_low.jpg  
Old 20th March 2019
Sen
Gear Addict

Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

wow
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Yay!!!!!!!!
Old 20th March 2019
Here for the gear

I don't see how anyone can get excited about a piece of gear when you still have to write the song, perform it and make sure the right people hear it!!
Old 20th March 2019
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

This is crazy! I was looking to build a small 4-channel SSL mixer with the Mynx into a 500 series G-Compressor. Now, I'm anxious to hear how good that 2-knob "Essential" G-Compressor sounds. I still have a brand new SSL 500 G-Comp that hasn't been opened. I'm wondering if I should return it for this...
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtech View Post
I don't see how anyone can get excited about a piece of gear when you still have to write the song, perform it and make sure the right people hear it!!
LOL WELCOME TO GS
Old 20th March 2019
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

This is huge.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Tis a cheeky little bugger!

Well done SSL.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lando Calrissian View Post
I still have a brand new SSL 500 G-Comp that hasn't been opened. I'm wondering if I should return it for this...
you can't be serious ?
fixed ratio, fixed attack, fixed release vs. a fully featured bus comp?

I guess this is more directed at live rig or a project / mobile writing?

I'm sure they will sell a lot of these. tho it is more expensive than the Mackie.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Key Features:

A fully professional condensed console for use in the studio, in post-production, on stage, and for podcasting.

Benchmark SuperAnalogue™ audio performance
Ultra low noise : ultra-low distortion : pristine sound

Stunning Record Path
Two SSL console grade SuperAnalogue mic pre’s

Classic SSL Channel Processing
Essential versions of SSL Channel EQ and Dynamics

The unique Listen Mic Compressor
Nothing slams drums quite like it!

Professional Routing & Monitoring
The hidden versatility of truly professional features

12 Input Summing at Mixdown
12 line level inputs with channel and Master Bus inserts

Legendary Master Bus Compressor
An essential version of the incredible SSL legacy

Completely balanced signal path
Everything except the headphone jack is fully balanced
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Head

Really liked the hip hop demo on vintage king. Exactly how I could see it being used by most people. Want.

Having a hard knee button for the comp would have increased the sounds possible. Can you change the eq->comp order? Wish there was a better picture online so I could see what all the buttons and knobs say. SSL is always so flexible with how you configure it so I expect the same is true here.

$1500 is crazy. Every hip hop artist will have one.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Nut

We're excited to finally get to talk about the SSL SiX. We've had one for a few weeks and have been a great time making some in-depth demos.

Learn more about the SiX, watch all three of our demo videos and order one from VK by clicking here.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Head

Extremely impressed so far.
Old 20th March 2019
Looks good; nice price point for the capability.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
Wish there was a better picture online so I could see what all the buttons and knobs say.
Download the manual from SSL site. It has a fairly hi-rez picture in PDF format that you can zoom right in on. You'll see everything clear as day.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

I guess this is good bang for the buck for a starter studio or artist. I wish SSL would make more high end products like they used to. XL desk with automation and daw controller built in, or Matrix with X Rack built in would be amazing, X Rack EQ's with HPF built in, etc...
Old 20th March 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

That Hip Hop demo was weak. I understand the promo aspect of it. But sorry to say the track was not good. I guess anything can pass for Hip Hop these days.
Old 20th March 2019
JGM
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforest4 View Post
I guess this is good bang for the buck for a starter studio or artist. I wish SSL would make more high end products like they used to. XL desk with automation and daw controller built in, or Matrix with X Rack built in would be amazing, X Rack EQ's with HPF built in, etc...
Real Talk!
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforest4 View Post
I have a feeling those days are in the rearview mirror. SSL was bought out by Audiotonix. Now it's starting to look like hobbyist stuff and made in China.

Our Brands - Audiotonix
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Opened the browser and image loading slow at the half of the pic i was super exeited , and the full i was like meh ...

I was expecting in several seconds :

1) a small Nucleus , ARtist market like , compact and efficient control surface : nope !!

2) then i was like "a Console 1 kinda stuff .. : nope !!

sure there's a market , but not for me ... this time ...
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
I have a feeling those days are in the rearview mirror. SSL was bought out by Audiotonix. Now it's starting to look like hobbyist stuff and made in China.

Our Brands - Audiotonix
Duality, big live consoles, xrack aws consoles matrix sigma 500 series , xl desk ... plugins
Hmmm
Old 20th March 2019
Solid State Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post

Our Brands - Audiotonix
Give it a listen before you decide how high/mid/low end you think it is. Proof is in the pudding ?
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Give it a listen before you decide how high/mid/low end you think it is. Proof is in the pudding ?
Jim totally out of topic , but i was needing a xpatch for my config and i just discovered it's no more on production ? anything to replace that soon ?

Going back to the Six , this thing can make sens for my broadcast project
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

So would this replace my SSL Buss Compressor ?
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Just watched the video and i must say i'm impressed by what it packs in fact .... listen mics + ssl bus comp (i would be curious to know that "popular setting" ,10 for att and auto release ?

oh yeah and i like the song !!
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleep View Post
So would this replace my SSL Buss Compressor ?
The answer is:

yes IF you have your comp permanently set to a 4:1 ratio, HPF set to 50Hz (well, closest would be 60Hz on the 500 series comp), and attack and release set to what they are set in Six (which is not disclosed in the manual), and you never touch any of these settings

no otherwise

BTW @ [email protected] , could you please let us know what the fixed attack and release times are? The obvious guess would be 30ms attack, 100ms release?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search