The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Nut

Software NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection

RULE TEC COLLECTION

With tons of research and hard work; we are proud to present extremely accurate models of legendary passive equalizer units, Rule Tec Collection. We’ve modeled lot’s of unique complex interactive analog behaviour in order to present all signature characteristics of the original units’ “a must have tone”.

All in one solution for legendary famous equalizer tone that you’ve heard in thousands of records for almost 70 years. Well known Top 3 models:
Rule Tec EQ1A for classic mixing and mastering,
Rule Tec EQ5M famous multi purpose mid range equalizer,
Rule Tec F3C completes the collection with unique sharp high pass - low pass filters.

Same musicality, same clarity, same warmth and character with original units which is immediately noticeable when tweaking frequency boosts or cuts. Use it on every track. Just put it on the channel, and it will just sound great. Rule Tec add a very desirable and subtle tube saturation to your signal even when the EQ is set flat. Legendary tone is here with all of the legendary signature features including “Pultec EQ trick”.

Rule Tec. Extremely accurate legend tone is back…

AVAILABLE FORMATS

WINDOWS: VST/AAX (both 32&64 bit)
MAC: VST/AU/AAX

SPECIFICATIONS

Extremely accurate circuit reproduction of the most popular vintage studio equalizers ever made
Complex legendary interaction between filters with smooth and musical curves
Unique analog behavior of total harmonic distortion, tubes, hum etc.
Friend of CPU

RULE TEC ALL COLLECTION (Intro Price : $99.9 / Regular : $199.9): Rule Tec Heritage Pro | NoiseAsh

RULE TEC HERITAGE PRO (Intro Price : $49.9 / Regular : $130): Rule Tec Heritage Pro | NoiseAsh

RULE TEC EQ1A (Intro Price : $29.9 / Regular : $90):Rule Tec EQ1A | NoiseAsh

RULE TEC EQ5M (Intro Price : $29.9 / Regular : $90):Rule Tec EQ5M | NoiseAsh

Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

Heritage Pro is 49.9 not 29.9. Correct?
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeljkom View Post
Heritage Pro is 49.9 not 29.9. Correct?
Yeah.
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

Looking forward to checking them out.
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

Old 18th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Oh no this has built in Noise / Hum

Is there at least an option to turn it off?
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Addict

hmmm...this sounds pretty impressive....very easy to give size to things like drums
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexishere View Post
Oh no this has built in Noise / Hum

Is there at least an option to turn it off?
Yes of course, you can turn the noise and hum off, with turning the "Analog" switch off
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseAsh View Post
Yes of course, you can turn the noise and hum off, with turning the "Analog" switch off
It seems the last unit from the "pro" version has noise/hum built-in without the option to switch off. But it's ok.

As far as sound.. I am seriously impressed. Pultec is such an overly done piece of gear and I tried like 10 different plugin versions including the highly regarded black rooster audio, softube, uad, waves and many others out there. Many of them sounded nice but not a game-changer.

This thing is the one.

I was not a believer of your company because of the sheer amount of plugins just being pushed out, hyped-up description and the cheesy shopping-mall type of promo videos BUT it thing sounds like the real deal.

It only takes one plugin like this to change the perception of a company and I think you guys are doing everything right - Great GUI, CPU, great price, great sound, balance between functionality vs usability..

I now only wish for consistency in updates of current products and quality of your future products.

All the best guys and great job!
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Addict

Yes, this is the best algo Pultec I've heard. Zero latency, really low cpu, clear sound (at 96k).

I'm pairing it with PSP Twin-L (opto, soft setting) as my go-to "tracking chain".
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

Hi there -how long is intro price for please?
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

Been playing with it whole morning. Tried Black Boosters Veq-1p and Waves Puigtec and this one is I don't know more 3d, punchier. BlackRoosters feels like 2d to me. Bass is upfront and doesn't get burried like in Veq-1p.

A very nice job on this one.

Last edited by zeljkom; 19th March 2019 at 12:30 PM..
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

i'm curious why the saturation is exactly the same as Reaper's JS_Waveshaping_Distortion...?
is this saturation "circuit modeled" or did you measure an actual unit ?
Old 19th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Bass is upfront and doesn't get burried like in Veq-1p
I checked both in PluginDoctor : BR VEQ-1P rolls off the lows and changes the phase under 40Hz, RuleTec doesn't.
Ruletec EQ1A curves are wider than Black Rooster's, closer to Purple P1.

The EQ5M, with peak gains at 0, has a 0,5dB boost at the selected peak frequencies. Does the modeled unit have the same problem ?
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkyfingers View Post
i'm curious why the saturation is exactly the same as Reaper's JS_Waveshaping_Distortion...?
is this saturation "circuit modeled" or did you measure an actual unit ?
This design is not a circuit model. Original machine was meausred step by step. I don't know JS_Waveshaping_Distortion unit but most of the stock waveshaper/saturation designs are inspired by analog machines' circuits. So it is possible and you can find similarities between JS_Waveshaping_Distortion and other saturation plugins too.
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xabilon View Post
I checked both in PluginDoctor : BR VEQ-1P rolls off the lows and changes the phase under 40Hz, RuleTec doesn't.
Ruletec EQ1A curves are wider than Black Rooster's, closer to Purple P1.

The EQ5M, with peak gains at 0, has a 0,5dB boost at the selected peak frequencies. Does the modeled unit have the same problem ?

For EQ5M, original machine has this amount of peaks in 0 gains. You can see this situation in other emulations too, such as UAD.
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexishere View Post
It seems the last unit from the "pro" version has noise/hum built-in without the option to switch off. But it's ok.

As far as sound.. I am seriously impressed. Pultec is such an overly done piece of gear and I tried like 10 different plugin versions including the highly regarded black rooster audio, softube, uad, waves and many others out there. Many of them sounded nice but not a game-changer.

This thing is the one.

I was not a believer of your company because of the sheer amount of plugins just being pushed out, hyped-up description and the cheesy shopping-mall type of promo videos BUT it thing sounds like the real deal.

It only takes one plugin like this to change the perception of a company and I think you guys are doing everything right - Great GUI, CPU, great price, great sound, balance between functionality vs usability..

I now only wish for consistency in updates of current products and quality of your future products.

All the best guys and great job!
All of the plugins have a global Analog switch, not each module individually but in global based. In Heritage Pro and EQ1A plugins, global Analog switch is in EQ1A module. In EQ5M plugin, the global Analog switch is in bottom module (not in promotion artwork, but in the plugin and demo videos you can see this switch)

Thank you so much for the support. It is so nice to hear that from you We will try to make our best
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deff J View Post
Yes, this is the best algo Pultec I've heard. Zero latency, really low cpu, clear sound (at 96k).

I'm pairing it with PSP Twin-L (opto, soft setting) as my go-to "tracking chain".
Enjoy
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
Hi there -how long is intro price for please?
We don't decide to an exact date actually, but I think it will be about 1 month.
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Been playing with it whole morning. Tried Black Boosters Veq-1p and Waves Puigtec and this one is I don't know more 3d, punchier. BlackRoosters feels like 2d to me. Bass is upfront and doesn't get burried like in Veq-1p.

A very nice job on this one.
Thanks, you're spoiling us
Old 19th March 2019
Gear Guru
Congrats guys, some high praise indeed! All your products have been edgy and fun, this is a cool addition....!
Old 19th March 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseAsh View Post
We don't decide to an exact date actually, but I think it will be about 1 month.
Nice. I have to wait for pay day next week... Looking forward to trying it out.
Old 19th March 2019
Lives for gear

Are in Pro version all modules also as separate plugins?
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
This
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish View Post
This
No, pro version is a single plugin.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Diaz View Post
Nice. I have to wait for pay day next week... Looking forward to trying it out.
Ok don't worry. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardis View Post
Congrats guys, some high praise indeed! All your products have been edgy and fun, this is a cool addition....!
Thank you ardis for this nice thoughts!
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Will demo this. Im happy with Black Rooster Pultecs though. You mean if I buy the Pro I cant separate the modules?! Ouch
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Nut

Does it have automatic gain compensation or output gain control for level matching?
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_mixer View Post
Does it have automatic gain compensation or output gain control for level matching?
There's a gain control
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

Are these made with Acustica and based on IR files ?
Is that why the install size is so large ?
Also what is going on with the tacky website, it keeps popping up who has bought something, that is terrible :(
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search