The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection
Old 8th May 2019
  #391
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibling View Post
ahh nice vibes again in that video. this is also my fav. right now.
yep this one and the Vertigo are color box that makes me smile each time i use them , if the production is good quality , shaping can be all that is needed for Eq and with those , you saw that it's straight fast and fun !!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #392
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
Looking forward for those improvements.

It is very nice for you to have listened to all the requests and integrated them.

That pushed me to buy your product waiting for the update =).
Bought it also following you and a word from them thatbits going to be updated. Hopefully soon!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #393
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojhmusic View Post
Bought it also following you and a word from them thatbits going to be updated. Hopefully soon!
Yep ! Although even before the update I am enjoying it as you may have already probably seen .
Old 4 weeks ago
  #394
Lives for gear
 
doom64's Avatar
Who wants to bet $20 that a year from now when the next Pultec emulation from someone like say Slate Digital comes out many will be saying Slate's sounds just a bit better than Rule Tec?
Old 4 weeks ago
  #395
Gear Guru
Well something sounds good it’s good and I’ve got a year of great music in the can......
Old 4 weeks ago
  #396
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Who wants to bet $20 that a year from now when the next Pultec emulation from someone like say Slate Digital comes out many will be saying Slate's sounds just a bit better than Rule Tec?
That is why every developer should do their best for their products so they can at least prolong its lifespan or update it throughout the years.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #397
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Who wants to bet $20 that a year from now when the next Pultec emulation from someone like say Slate Digital comes out many will be saying Slate's sounds just a bit better than Rule Tec?
I rather bet on something I'll be sure to win :

Bet that the next release of an analog emulation, someone will say : "This is the best xxxxx ITB emulation "

Although Slate EQ had been struggling a bit to emulate transients response of analog EQ (#FG-A) from what I saw/heard.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #398
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Rule Tec is my goto mixing Pultec. Dual Tech is the ultimate in terms of sound but RT sounds great and is fast, efficient and suits my workflow. Love it.

I run at 24/96 FWIW.
@ WheelieR if you're looking for API ITB, check out AA's Pink3. Just updated and it's exceptional. Much better than FG-A.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #399
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Rule Tec is my goto mixing Pultec. Dual Tech is the ultimate in terms of sound but RT sounds great and is fast, efficient and suits my workflow. Love it.

I run at 24/96 FWIW.
@ WheelieR if you're looking for API ITB, check out AA's Pink3. Just updated and it's exceptional. Much better than FG-A.
I got API 550As in rack (2) and mix sometimes on a 1608 full of (new) API 550 A. So I am not after an API 550 A atm but thanks for the recommendation .

Although I will not use Acustica since it is quite CPU hungry. I am about to sell the only Acustica plugin I got from them (for various reasons that would be OT).

I run at 48 khz when doing music for TV and receive most sessions for mixing at 48 khz (very rarely at 88.2 and sometimes 96khz but it is less common).

Rule-Tec are the kind of products that gave me hope about algo plugins that don't need huge CPU (or even bigger wallet haha).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #400
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
I got API 550As in rack (2) and mix sometimes on a 1608 full of (new) API 550 A. So I am not after an API 550 A atm but thanks for the recommendation .

Although I will not use Acustica since it is quite CPU hungry. I am about to sell the only Acustica plugin I got from them (for various reasons that would be OT).

I run at 48 khz when doing music for TV and receive most sessions for mixing at 48 khz (very rarely at 88.2 and sometimes 96khz but it is less common).

Rule-Tec are the kind of products that gave me hope about algo plugins that don't need huge CPU (or even bigger wallet haha).
If you are looking for an incredible API 525 Compressor, check out LSR VLB Compressor. They helped make all the Lindell Plugins.

Also, check out the Lindell Pultec PEX500 as well. Though I use the Rule Tec now as I love the ease of use. The Lindell gives you and nice alt.

Marc
Old 4 weeks ago
  #401
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
If you are looking for an incredible API 525 Compressor, check out LSR VLB Compressor. They helped make all the Lindell Plugins.
Thanks for the heads up, will check that out. Liked their 902 deesser (didn't buy it though).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #402
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
If you are looking for an incredible API 525 Compressor, check out LSR VLB Compressor. They helped make all the Lindell Plugins.

Also, check out the Lindell Pultec PEX500 as well. Though I use the Rule Tec now as I love the ease of use. The Lindell gives you and nice alt.

Marc
LSR, yes I see them every time I use my Lindell 254E =).

Looks like a very cool comp, that is very interesting ! Thanks for the suggestion .

Although I've never used API 525 ^^ (I guess it is a kind of nervous compressor suited for kick/snare, I am just guessing as I find all API gear to be pretty nervous and forward).

Aaah yep I tried the Lindell 1176 and the pres. I sold the 1176 right away and kept the pre (nice but nothing crazy). Although I am very happy with Rule Tec atm (as I said I am used to "only" use 2 Pultecs, so when mixing ITB I rarely use a lot of Pultec plugin).
Old 4 weeks ago
  #403
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
LSR, yes I see them every time I use my Lindell 254E =).

Looks like a very cool comp, that is very interesting ! Thanks for the suggestion .

Although I've never used API 525 ^^ (I guess it is a kind of nervous compressor suited for kick/snare, I am just guessing as I find all API gear to be pretty nervous and forward).

Aaah yep I tried the Lindell 1176 and the pres. I sold the 1176 right away and kept the pre (nice but nothing crazy). Although I am very happy with Rule Tec atm (as I said I am used to "only" use 2 Pultecs, so when mixing ITB I rarely use a lot of Pultec plugin).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeM...PO641YLrlW20-h

I did this video to help beginners with a cool tip how to get the most out of it.
Helps you get a strong consistency out of it.

I don't want to side track this great thread. Just a quick tip.

Yeah, I only use the Rule Tec on the Master and maybe bass to get a nice undertone.

Thanks, Marc
Old 4 weeks ago
  #404
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Thanks for the heads up, will check that out. Liked their 902 deesser (didn't buy it though).
Yeah, it's a great plugin. I haven't tried the 902 De-Esser. I have so many De-Essers that I had no need for it. Between the Massey and the Waves, I rarely run into issues that need more then that. If so, I'll use the Fabfilter Pro 3 to dip in those freq's.

Marc
Old 4 weeks ago
  #405
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELeM...PO641YLrlW20-h

I did this video to help beginners with a cool tip how to get the most out of it.
Helps you get a strong consistency out of it.

I don't want to side track this great thread. Just a quick tip.

Yeah, I only use the Rule Tec on the Master and maybe bass to get a nice undertone.

Thanks, Marc
Thanks I'll check it out !

Exactly same use out of Rule Tec for me (mixbus and sometimes bass or some specific synth/keys), most of the time.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #406
Lives for gear
 
junior's Avatar
 

Not sure if this has been asked yet, but how long is the intro going to last? Just want to get a chance to demo it fully. Thanks...
Old 3 weeks ago
  #407
Gear Nut
 
NoiseAsh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
Not sure if this has been asked yet, but how long is the intro going to last? Just want to get a chance to demo it fully. Thanks...
Hi,
For now, it's been continuing
Old 3 weeks ago
  #408
Lives for gear
 
junior's Avatar
 

Sounds good, thanks!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #409
Lives for gear
 
mutetourettes's Avatar
 

any love for the F3C/EQ5M filters and the mid eq here? I see a lot of talk about (and love for) the EQ1A

I'm torn between the F3C/EQ5M, satson Sweetone and the fuse VQP bundle..
Old 3 weeks ago
  #410
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
any love for the F3C/EQ5M filters and the mid eq here? I see a lot of talk about (and love for) the EQ1A

I'm torn between the F3C/EQ5M, satson Sweetone and the fuse VQP bundle..
I only grabbed the EQP1A. But it is because I already got the Black Rooster EQ5M which is good enough for when I use it (very very rarely) and the Black Rooster F3C filters which I use regularly (no saturation or so but nice filters curves as I would like them to be). And the Black Rooster F3C is free.

But those ones are very cool.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #411
Lives for gear
 
mutetourettes's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
I only grabbed the EQP1A. But it is because I already got the Black Rooster EQ5M which is good enough for when I use it (very very rarely) and the Black Rooster F3C filters which I use regularly (no saturation or so but nice filters curves as I would like them to be). And the Black Rooster F3C is free.

But those ones are very cool.
aaaaah thanks for the reminder about the BlackRooster VHL-3C being free - very good point!
Old 2 weeks ago
  #412
Gear Maniac
 

Just wondering if any one who has compared multiple Pultec emulations has looked at the relatively new Logic Pro vintage EQ version. I have been using it and it sounds quite nice to my ear. I wouldn't mind picking this up for $49 to compliment it if I am missing out on the finer things tho
Old 2 weeks ago
  #413
Lives for gear
 
junior's Avatar
 

LOL! This thread is becoming cartoonish...

Back on topic. NoiseAsh: do you have a timeframe of when you'll upgrade Rule Tec with the oversampling? And, will you still be doing the intro pricing when you update the plug?

Thanks again. With oversampling, this'd be a monster.
Old 1 week ago
  #414
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
LOL! This thread is becoming cartoonish...
Well, Im glad you got the humor
Im sad that the mods couldnt get pass the words and get my point.

Look, Im not saying the ruletec is not good. Nor am I saying that it IS good.

Its just different. and this is something thats going on for years and years: trying to crown this or that processor when we only chase our tail.

I wont lie, I am a slut just like everyone else here but at some point [and it took me LONG, LONG YEARS, to understand it] one understands that you cant hail a processor as "the best". It may be "different" but certainly not "best" [what IS the best anyway ?]
One can achieve perfect results with so many tools [or a combination of tools] that the notion of "best" becomes moot.

Just my 0.02...
Old 1 week ago
  #415
Gear Nut
 
NoiseAsh's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
LOL! This thread is becoming cartoonish...

Back on topic. NoiseAsh: do you have a timeframe of when you'll upgrade Rule Tec with the oversampling? And, will you still be doing the intro pricing when you update the plug?

Thanks again. With oversampling, this'd be a monster.
Yeah it will be done in 2 months or maybe sooner, please be patient
Old 5 days ago
  #416
Here for the gear
 

After performing a test with the plugin Softube and NoiseAsh using the same settings, I can say that the plugin Softube is more transparent than the plugin NoiseAsh. I can't say that one is better than another, it's just two plugins with a different sound from each other.
Increasing a frequency range the increase with the NoiseAsh plugin is much more pronounced than the Softube plugin. On the contrary, by cutting a frequency range the Softube plugin cut is much more pronounced than that of NoiseAsh plugin. Also after seeing the equalization curves of the two plugins with the same settings using Q-Clone, I can say that the curves of Softube are softer with respect to NoiseAsh. You can see the images. I think the two plugins are very good, they are just different and each one can serve us for different purposes.
Attached Thumbnails
NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection-1_rule_tec.jpg   NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection-1_softube.jpg   NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection-2_rule_tec.jpg   NoiseAsh Releases Rule Tec Collection-2_softube.jpg  
Old 5 days ago
  #417
Gear Maniac
 

Softube has a huge bone glued in their mouth. Ill wait till they remove it before I acknowledge their existence again.
Old 5 days ago
  #418
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacertotambem View Post
Softube has a huge bone glued in their mouth. Ill wait till they remove it before I acknowledge their existence again.
lol can you translate ?
Old 5 days ago
  #419
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by manymax View Post
After performing a test with the plugin Softube and NoiseAsh using the same settings, I can say that the plugin Softube is more transparent than the plugin NoiseAsh. I can't say that one is better than another, it's just two plugins with a different sound from each other.
Increasing a frequency range the increase with the NoiseAsh plugin is much more pronounced than the Softube plugin. On the contrary, by cutting a frequency range the Softube plugin cut is much more pronounced than that of NoiseAsh plugin. Also after seeing the equalization curves of the two plugins with the same settings using Q-Clone, I can say that the curves of Softube are softer with respect to NoiseAsh. You can see the images. I think the two plugins are very good, they are just different and each one can serve us for different purposes.
Makes sense they both emulate different units and brands. The Tube-Tech unit
is far less vibey than an original Pultec IMO. So it seems logical to me.
Old 5 days ago
  #420
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
lol can you translate ?
It means they don't want to let go of the bone they got back in the days. Their pricing is frozen in time for a while.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
NoiseAsh / Product Alerts older than 2 months
3
NoiseAsh / Product Alerts older than 2 months
9
NoiseAsh / Product Alerts older than 2 months
19
remarkablex / Music Computers
6

Forum Jump
Forum Jump