The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Nembrini Audio New FREE Vintage Clipper plugin
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Head

Software Nembrini Audio New FREE Vintage Clipper plugin

We are happy to announce the first product of Nembrini Audio:the LoFi Vintage Clipper plugin!

Nembrini Audio LoFi Vintage Clipper plugin is design to add grit and weight to your mix with two distinctive custom designed saturation algorithms.

Distortion: this is a fine tuned clip algorithm designed to limit the transients as happens using a real analogue signal chain and increase the density of your tracks.

Saturation: a special designed algorithm that mimics the behavior of vintage analog equipments like old tape machines and mixing console input/output stage.

From gentle clipping to wild distortion, Nembrini Audio LoFi Vintage Clipper plugin is ideal for your Tracks, Busses and Mix Bus.

Use it to add presence and density to your tracks and control transients like the biggest Mix Engineers!

Available in VST, VST3, AAX Native, AudioUnits for Mac OS and Windows 64 bits.

For a limited time LoFI Vintage Clipper plugin is FREE!
(Regular price $79)

Clic the link below and get your FREE perpetual NFR license:

LoFi Vintage Clipper – Nembrini Audio

About Nembrini Audio

Nembrini Audio was born from the experience of Igor Nembrini, who has been involved in the creation of the most famous guitar amp plugins on the market for more than ten years.

Our emulations start from the exact digital reproduction of the analog circuits but are then finely tuned by ear to obtain maximum fidelity to the original sound.

Nembrini Audio is specialized in digital reproduction of analog saturation circuits.

The dynamic behavior of each individual component is carefully modeled and tuned by ear to always achieve the most musical and creamy saturation in the digital world!

Our goal are products that sound well with any setting and situation to let the creativity of the musicians, producers and mixing engineer flow!

Here link for more audio example
Attached Thumbnails
Nembrini Audio New FREE Vintage Clipper plugin-lofi.jpg  
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

I'll try this when I can but right now, the Windows installer triggers the anti-virus on my pc here at work. Unless you have a great reason to use an installer, how about just making the DLL or VST3 files available so we don't need an installer?
Old 13th March 2019
Here for the gear

Thanks I'll try it as soon as possible
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Maniac

I'm digging this! Thank you very much. Sounds cool and can get some nice gritty tones.
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Head
From the site: "Plugins require an iLok3."

Is this correct, no support for iLok2?
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Head
Really liked the demos, but Ableton Live 10 (0.6) doesn't seem to be able to load the plugin (it gets stuck when trying to scan it)
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Congratulations on this plugin Igor! I'm a huge fan of your work at Brainworx / Plugin Alliance.

One little niggle with this thing: Please consider adding at least 1 more license for each purchase. A single iLok license, even when supporting iLok Cloud, is extremely annoying as most of us have multiple computers that we work with daily. At the very least it's nice to have one license parked at all times.

You are one of the very few companies that gives only a single license and at least in my case this is a 100% deal breaker. I never purchase any products from companies that only issue a single iLok license.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

oh guff - does this not work with ilok manager on a computer?
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Okay so I got this thing working after a bit of trouble with iLok cloud. Managed to move the single license to my iLok2 (yes it works on iLok2) and got it up and running.

The sound quality and possibilities is awesome!

The plugin feels quite rough around the edges though. As a free plugin I'd say this is more than acceptable but people paying 79$ for this in the future will be expecting more.

1) The graphics textures of the knobs and panels get blurry when size is changed. Looks really cheap.

2) The knobs have very bad scaling/sensitivity to them. Literally 1% of the knob is used for the subtle effects, which this thing excels at! The rest of the knob range goes from crazy over the top to even more crazy over the top. Intelligently scaling the knob ranges is an absolute must for this plugin to feel more professional.

3) Some kind of intelligence of volume compensation on the main two distortion and saturation knobs would have been nice to have. At the very least these could somehow interact with the main output volume knob with a modifier key. As it is now one has to constantly juggle between these to get the volume matched. I can tolerate all of this on a free plugin but at 79$ these things start to feel annoying and detract from the apparent value of the plugin.

4) The preset browser is a bit weird somehow.. and the bright red highlight against the pitch black background looks quite bad.

Anyhow, sound quality is where it's at and as a currently free plugin this is definitely a must have in my opinion.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutetourettes View Post
oh guff - does this not work with ilok manager on a computer?
It does. It automatically assigns the license to iLok cloud though. I had to turn off the cloud service to be able to assign the license to my physical iLok2.

I did not get the license working with the cloud on my first try but I have to double check and see what's going on. Might have been an error on my part.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmanic View Post
It does. It automatically assigns the license to iLok cloud though. I had to turn off the cloud service to be able to assign the license to my physical iLok2.

I did not get the license working with the cloud on my first try but I have to double check and see what's going on. Might have been an error on my part.
cheers - I'm talking about the ilok manager software - I don't have an actual ilok, or a cloud...

the only ilok plugins I have seem to be happy using the ilok manager on my pc...

Is that an option for this?
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
cheers - I'm talking about the ilok manager software - I don't have an actual ilok, or a cloud...

the only ilok plugins I have seem to be happy using the ilok manager on my pc...

Is that an option for this?
Ah you mean machine licenses. No I don't think that's an option. But the iLok cloud option should work. It just means you need to be connected to the net for the plugin to work.
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Addict

I echo all of bmaniac's critique above; nailed it on the head. Love the distortion sound in this, but the gain scale of the knobs is a bit off (or way off) and the preset menu is clunky.

Appreciate the free gesture and looking forward to what comes next!
Old 13th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Congratulations on this plugin Igor! I'm a huge fan of your work at Brainworx / Plugin Alliance.

One little niggle with this thing: Please consider adding at least 1 more license for each purchase. A single iLok license, even when supporting iLok Cloud, is extremely annoying as most of us have multiple computers that we work with daily. At the very least it's nice to have one license parked at all times.

You are one of the very few companies that gives only a single license and at least in my case this is a 100% deal breaker. I never purchase any products from companies that only issue a single iLok license.
Thank you very much bmanic, I will check for improve the licenses experience

Quote:
Okay so I got this thing working after a bit of trouble with iLok cloud. Managed to move the single license to my iLok2 (yes it works on iLok2) and got it up and running.

The sound quality and possibilities is awesome!

The plugin feels quite rough around the edges though. As a free plugin I'd say this is more than acceptable but people paying 79$ for this in the future will be expecting more.

1) The graphics textures of the knobs and panels get blurry when size is changed. Looks really cheap.

2) The knobs have very bad scaling/sensitivity to them. Literally 1% of the knob is used for the subtle effects, which this thing excels at! The rest of the knob range goes from crazy over the top to even more crazy over the top. Intelligently scaling the knob ranges is an absolute must for this plugin to feel more professional.

3) Some kind of intelligence of volume compensation on the main two distortion and saturation knobs would have been nice to have. At the very least these could somehow interact with the main output volume knob with a modifier key. As it is now one has to constantly juggle between these to get the volume matched. I can tolerate all of this on a free plugin but at 79$ these things start to feel annoying and detract from the apparent value of the plugin.

4) The preset browser is a bit weird somehow.. and the bright red highlight against the pitch black background looks quite bad.

Anyhow, sound quality is where it's at and as a currently free plugin this is definitely a must have in my opinion.
Thanks for reporting this graphic issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cprompt View Post
I'll try this when I can but right now, the Windows installer triggers the anti-virus on my pc here at work. Unless you have a great reason to use an installer, how about just making the DLL or VST3 files available so we don't need an installer?
Thanks for report the issue, I will upload a new installer with the fix
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Congrats for the first release outside Brainworx.

I agree totally with bManic.

The graphics look a bit too cheap and the range of the knobs has to be improved.

But the sound quality is there ! Which is the most important.

As a free plugin it's not a deal breaker, but if I had to pay after demoing, I would expect more refinement for the usability and look.

Keep doing the best Igor !
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Thanks for the freebie, I'll be looking out for updates and new products.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Thank you for the special color!
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Installed this fine on my home PC without any issues and think it sounds great! I don't have an issue with the graphics, much better than some I've seen. At least it doesn't look like the faceplate is the shape of a banana! But yes, all the magic of the distortion and saturation is before you get to 1, after that I found it gets unusable (unless you want that sort of sound!) I really liked the little bit of distortion it added to some drums, made them very fit in with the song very nicely.

For a free plugin, it's excellent and I really appreciate it, thank you.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

The last thing that I would add is that the high frequency roll off using saturation is a bit too pronounced.

Making it hard to use on material other than bass, IMHO.
Old 13th March 2019
Lives for gear

Yeah, a sort of "Tone" control to tame brightness/dullness pre or post saturation would be awesome.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Addict

Agreed re roll off on saturation - it's great but dulls everything immediately. Sounds huge though on drums!
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Hi Igor - is there any chance the licensing of this could be extended to include machine-based ilok? I don't use a dongle or a cloud... :(

Pretty please?
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi Igor - is there any chance the licensing of this could be extended to include machine-based ilok? I don't use a dongle or a cloud... :(

Pretty please?
For security reason also for the next release will be dongle and cloud.

Just few notes regarding the high end frequency and the plugin usability, the LoFi is inspired to the Avid LoFi with the same pro and cons.
The idea is give to the user an alternative in every OS and formats this because the original one is used by many VIP producers.
Of course the plugin is not equal maybe someone could prefer the NA LoFi and someone else the Avid LoFi.
Old 14th March 2019
A .
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nembrini Audio View Post
Just few notes regarding the high end frequency and the plugin usability, the LoFi is inspired to the Avid LoFi with the same pro and cons.
The idea is give to the user an alternative in every OS and formats this because the original one is used by many VIP producers.
Of course the plugin is not equal maybe someone could prefer the NA LoFi and someone else the Avid LoFi.
Thanks for freebie!

Tone knob would be great improvement to the Avid LoFi conception.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Head

High frequency roll-off occurs naturally in vintage tube gear and many plugin makers forget this. I could name a
dozen saturation /tube plugins that have absolutely no roll-off when increasing the drive / saturation. Maybe this is what people expect, but it's inaccurate.

The natural tube sound and roll-off with this plugin is actually difficult to achieve using other plugins as using EQ to reduce highs before or after a tube plugin to get a vintage sound just doesn't sound naturally authentic. Thank goodness we now have this.

Using a vintage channel strip plugin to boost top end after this plugin increases highs in a very retro way. I can easily simulate a 1950's or 60's sound with this method. In fact, it's exactly what they did at the mastering stage in the 60's to boost the high end that had mostly been reduced by tape and tube compression/roll-off.

Thank you Nembrini Audio.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Cool! thanks Igor, super cool plugin!
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceover Guy View Post
High frequency roll-off occurs naturally in vintage tube gear and many plugin makers forget this. I could name a
dozen saturation /tube plugins that have absolutely no roll-off when increasing the drive / saturation. Maybe this is what people expect, but it's inaccurate.

The natural tube sound and roll-off with this plugin is actually difficult to achieve using other plugins as using EQ to reduce highs before or after a tube plugin to get a vintage sound just doesn't sound naturally authentic. Thank goodness we now have this.

Using a vintage channel strip plugin to boost top end after this plugin increases highs in a very retro way. I can easily simulate a 1950's or 60's sound with this method. In fact, it's exactly what they did at the mastering stage in the 60's to boost the high end that had mostly been reduced by tape and tube compression/roll-off.

Thank you Nembrini Audio.
Thanks Voiceover Guy
Old 14th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceover Guy View Post
High frequency roll-off occurs naturally in vintage tube gear and many plugin makers forget this.
This is not true for all vintage tube gear. Dull = vintage is such a bad and very silly myth that just needs to die. How a vintage circuit reacts to being pushed completely depends on the circuit/topology. Some fizzle out and some go extremely harsh. There's no general "it always gets classy and warm/dull" rule for vintage gear as you imply.

In case of this plugin, the dulling happens pretty much immediately when the saturation knob is touched and that is unfortunate. In my opinion it'd be a whole lot more useful if this could be offset within the plugin itself.. so yeah, a "tone" control.
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Guru

Tone control or mix control, or both, pretty please. The distortion that it does sounds cool, but hard to make full use of it like this.

Also, it fails my Logic plugin eval (Logic 10.3.3) at the minute, have to force it in and it ends up on the undesirables list .......

However, thank you for a great sounding plugin that will hopefully be very useable in the near future!
Old 14th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
This is not true for all vintage tube gear. Dull = vintage is such a bad and very silly myth that just needs to die.
Hi manic. All old music and retro-produced music has a unique top end that could be referred to as 'dull' by some people so its not a myth?

To my understanding, high frequency roll-off and compression occurs naturally in *all* tube gear as part of the physics. Maybe an expert can comment.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search