The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PROCESS.AUDIO Releases Sugar, The Ultimate Audio Sweetener Plug-in
Old 6th March 2019
News Desk Editor

PROCESS.AUDIO Releases Sugar, The Ultimate Audio Sweetener Plug-in-sugar_gui_engage_600x711_min.jpg

pureMix.net— the world's premier audio learning community—is launching PROCESS.AUDIO, a new audio-plugin brand dedicated to bringing the pureMix team's decades of studio experience to the world of software processing.

The brand's first product is Sugar: The Ultimate Audio Sweetener. Conceived by a team of world class producers and mixers, lead by Fab Dupont, Sugar is tagged as a ‘secret weapon to hit the sweet spot on every mix’.

A Complete Color Palette

Sugar is an audio color palette based on classic tricks used by top engineers to achieve great tones. Professional mixing engineers spend years refining techniques and processes to create the magical sounds the public hears on finished records. Beyond straight EQ and compression, these top engineers use processes that can be complicated to set up and tweak, and often require expensive gear to achieve. Sugar is a shortcut to those punchy kick drums, thick basses, sharp snares, edgy guitars, airy and creamy vocals, warm mixes and wide masters and much more.

Sugar saves time by centralizing these processes in one analog inspired plug-in without sacrificing the ability to fine tune for a professional experience. Sugar four effects are routed in parallel processing and work in mono, stereo and M/S (Mid-Side) mode.

Sugar signal flow is straightforward: the chosen effects are blended with the dry signal and routed through a High-Pass/Low-Pass linear phase filter combination to reign in the extreme amount of energy Sugar can add to the raw signal. (There can be such thing as too much Sugar). This blended signal is then run through the SATURATION section of the plug-in, where three carefully chosen saturation algorithms can tame unruly transients, add more grit to your sound, or simply destroy it in devastatingly creative ways.

Sugar interface is designed to streamline necessary but otherwise repetitive tasks and to allow engineers to dial in the perfect setting very fast and intuitively so they can focus on the music, not the tools.

A Linear Phase Delight

Sugar’s four crossover bands and LP & HP filters are built on high grade linear-phase technology to avoid any of the common phase issues associated with parallel processing. This makes Sugar safe for 2-mix or mastering duties by guaranteeing the integrity of the source signal.

Sugar Learning Center

To cut the user’s learning curve of this new tool, PROCESS.AUDIO created an expansive Learning Center featuring many video tutorials on how to best use Sugar on distinct audio sources, as well as a thorough run-through of all the features.

Sugar owners can also enjoy a full 20-minute mixing video tutorial by prominent engineer Fab Dupont, demonstrating how he exclusively used Sugar to mix the soundtrack of the plug-in’s release video. Users can freely download the source session of the mix and look at the settings in their own DAW. The session is available in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, and Ableton formats.

About PROCESS.AUDIO

PROCESS.AUDIO is the Software division of pureMix.net, the world's premier audio engineering learning and education community.

This new plug-in company was founded by a team of world-class audio professionals, led by Fab Dupont, to create music making tools that strike the perfect balance between analog workflow and digital technology and become essential to their owners' process.

PROCESS.AUDIO is creating a suite of plug-ins drawing from the experience and knowledge of award winning engineers and prolific day-to-day producers to achieve a professional sound faster than ever.

PROCESS.AUDIO makes audio plug-ins by the pros, for the pros.

Key Features:
  • 4 bands of processing (Low, Mid, High, Air), with 2 different colors per band

• 8 Colors: Thick, Punch, Warm, Broad, Shine, Excite, Yin, Yang

• Jog wheel blending knob

• High-pass and Low-pass filters for fine tuning

• 3 Saturation circuits: Drive, Distort, and Destroy

• Linear Phase Mode for the 4 band crossovers and the 2 filters

• Level Management to prevent bursts of energy

• FX-only switch in order to hear what Sugar adds to your sound

• Input/Output gain

• Works in mono, stereo and M/S mode

Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows (64-bit) version 7, 8, 10 or higher or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or higher
Format: VST 2.4, VST 3, AU, AAX (native)

Protection: iLok Cloud or iLok 2+ compatible

Sugar will be available on March 6th, 2019 at $149 USD as a direct download from the PROCESS.AUDIO website.

Sugar can be tested with a free 14-day trial using a free Ilok Cloud account or with a user’s iLok 2+ dongle.

Sugar will be made available to all pureMix Pro Members as part of their monthly subscription package.

For more information: PROCESS.AUDIO | Pro Audio Plug-ins
| Sugar
Attached Thumbnails
PROCESS.AUDIO Releases Sugar, The Ultimate Audio Sweetener Plug-in-sugar_gui_engage_600x711_min.jpg  
Old 6th March 2019
Company Rep

pureMix.net - New Plug-in Company Process.Audio Releases Sugar

Join us in welcoming Process.Audio's Sugar The Ultimate Audio Sweetener.

Designed by a team of award-winning engineers to offer their most useful and most essential harmonic enhancement techniques in one centralized plug-in.

This full spectrum enhancer will add punch, thickness, depth, warmth, edge, and grit to all your tracks.

The best part is, it's free to all pureMix Pro Members.

More info on Sugar here -
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post

pureMix.net— the world's premier audio learning community—is launching PROCESS.AUDIO, a new audio-plugin brand dedicated to bringing the pureMix team's decades of studio experience to the world of software processing.

The brand's first product is Sugar: The Ultimate Audio Sweetener. Conceived by a team of world class producers and mixers, lead by Fab Dupont, Sugar is tagged as a ‘secret weapon to hit the sweet spot on every mix’.

A Complete Color Palette

Sugar is an audio color palette based on classic tricks used by top engineers to achieve great tones. Professional mixing engineers spend years refining techniques and processes to create the magical sounds the public hears on finished records. Beyond straight EQ and compression, these top engineers use processes that can be complicated to set up and tweak, and often require expensive gear to achieve. Sugar is a shortcut to those punchy kick drums, thick basses, sharp snares, edgy guitars, airy and creamy vocals, warm mixes and wide masters and much more.

Sugar saves time by centralizing these processes in one analog inspired plug-in without sacrificing the ability to fine tune for a professional experience. Sugar four effects are routed in parallel processing and work in mono, stereo and M/S (Mid-Side) mode.

Sugar signal flow is straightforward: the chosen effects are blended with the dry signal and routed through a High-Pass/Low-Pass linear phase filter combination to reign in the extreme amount of energy Sugar can add to the raw signal. (There can be such thing as too much Sugar). This blended signal is then run through the SATURATION section of the plug-in, where three carefully chosen saturation algorithms can tame unruly transients, add more grit to your sound, or simply destroy it in devastatingly creative ways.

Sugar interface is designed to streamline necessary but otherwise repetitive tasks and to allow engineers to dial in the perfect setting very fast and intuitively so they can focus on the music, not the tools.

A Linear Phase Delight

Sugar’s four crossover bands and LP & HP filters are built on high grade linear-phase technology to avoid any of the common phase issues associated with parallel processing. This makes Sugar safe for 2-mix or mastering duties by guaranteeing the integrity of the source signal.

Sugar Learning Center

To cut the user’s learning curve of this new tool, PROCESS.AUDIO created an expansive Learning Center featuring many video tutorials on how to best use Sugar on distinct audio sources, as well as a thorough run-through of all the features.

Sugar owners can also enjoy a full 20-minute mixing video tutorial by prominent engineer Fab Dupont, demonstrating how he exclusively used Sugar to mix the soundtrack of the plug-in’s release video. Users can freely download the source session of the mix and look at the settings in their own DAW. The session is available in Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Studio One, and Ableton formats.

About PROCESS.AUDIO

PROCESS.AUDIO is the Software division of pureMix.net, the world's premier audio engineering learning and education community.

This new plug-in company was founded by a team of world-class audio professionals, led by Fab Dupont, to create music making tools that strike the perfect balance between analog workflow and digital technology and become essential to their owners' process.

PROCESS.AUDIO is creating a suite of plug-ins drawing from the experience and knowledge of award winning engineers and prolific day-to-day producers to achieve a professional sound faster than ever.

PROCESS.AUDIO makes audio plug-ins by the pros, for the pros.

Key Features:
  • 4 bands of processing (Low, Mid, High, Air), with 2 different colors per band

• 8 Colors: Thick, Punch, Warm, Broad, Shine, Excite, Yin, Yang

• Jog wheel blending knob

• High-pass and Low-pass filters for fine tuning

• 3 Saturation circuits: Drive, Distort, and Destroy

• Linear Phase Mode for the 4 band crossovers and the 2 filters

• Level Management to prevent bursts of energy

• FX-only switch in order to hear what Sugar adds to your sound

• Input/Output gain

• Works in mono, stereo and M/S mode

Minimum System Requirements:
OS: Windows (64-bit) version 7, 8, 10 or higher or a Mac with OS X 10.9 or higher
Format: VST 2.4, VST 3, AU, AAX (native)

Protection: iLok Cloud or iLok 2+ compatible

Sugar will be available on March 6th, 2019 at $149 USD as a direct download from the PROCESS.AUDIO website.

Sugar can be tested with a free 14-day trial using a free Ilok Cloud account or with a user’s iLok 2+ dongle.

Sugar will be made available to all pureMix Pro Members as part of their monthly subscription package.

For more information: PROCESS.AUDIO | Pro Audio Plug-ins
| Sugar
I've been flirting with subscribing to Puremix for a bit and this plugin piqued my interest just enough to jump in! BASTARDS! lol

The plugin sounds pretty delicious and it may lead to type II diabetes for sure

YouTube
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
is it FREE to all pureMix Pro Members or is it FREE to use as long as you are a PureMix Pro member? In other words is it part of the subscription?

Thanks for the clarification
i'm guessing as long as you subscribe to puremix...

also, Process.Audio is "a puremix company" as opposed to Waves or a third-party stand alone... That doesn't matter to me, but, just fy
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Addict

Interested to demo this. I had a puremix sub but it got pricey. For the sub-$200 this thing is it may be worth the outright buy.
Old 6th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
is it FREE to all pureMix Pro Members or is it FREE to use as long as you are a PureMix Pro member? In other words is it part of the subscription?

Thanks for the clarification
I have the same question.

A definitive answer please?
Old 6th March 2019
Gear Head

I was a beta on this one. Its insanely easy to use and really useful. Foune it really useful on vox and drums
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerothwell View Post
I have the same question.

A definitive answer please?
It’s free as long as you’re an active subscriber. I just checked the site and it said if you’re inactive or not a member you can buy a perpetual license.
Old 7th March 2019
Company Rep

So here is the full story :-)

PROCESS.AUDIO is a new plug-in company which has been created by pureMix' owners. (including Fab Dupont).

All pureMix Pro Members will get to enjoy all current and future PROCESS.AUDIO plug-ins during the lifetime of their subscription. So yes, it is part of the pureMixer' membership package. And yes, plug-in access will automatically expire with the membership.

Engineers who are not interested in education, can always demo and purchase the plug-ins directly from the PROCESS.AUDIO website (PROCESS.AUDIO | Pro Audio Plug-ins
| Sugar
).

Hope this clarifies everything.

Cheers.
g.
Old 7th March 2019
This is a Awesome Plugin Release, Sounds Great!!!!
Old 7th March 2019
Always nice to see a new plugin! However, I really struggle to see how this plugin brings something new to the table? In a world of smart plugins (Gullfoss, Smart EQ 2 or even Ozone 8 to name a few), this one just doesn't seems very special? Just a pretty basic plugin in a nice package? Or am I missing something here? Please enlighten me.

/J
Old 7th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllet View Post
Always nice to see a new plugin! However, I really struggle to see how this plugin brings something new to the table? In a world of smart plugins (Gullfoss, Smart EQ 2 or even Ozone 8 to name a few), this one just doesn't seems very special? Just a pretty basic plugin in a nice package? Or am I missing something here? Please enlighten me.

/J
Demo it... it’s special and I own all that you mentioned and more (except for gullfoss)
Old 7th March 2019
Gear Addict

Yeah this thing is ridiculous. Buying immediately. It does a ton do what I like to do but all in 1. I typically don’t like this type of thing but it sounds incredible and is easy to use.
Old 7th March 2019
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Yeah this thing is ridiculous. Buying immediately. It does a ton do what I like to do but all in 1. I typically don’t like this type of thing but it sounds incredible and is easy to use.
Thanks for the kind words.

Yes we spent a considerable amount of time making sure it actually brings something new to the table. We heavily focused on UX, UI, R&D and sound quality (hence the cpu consumption which guarantees good processing quality).
Old 7th March 2019
I'm on diet ... is this added or natural sugar?
Old 7th March 2019
Lives for gear

Great GUI, and from initial testing, a very powerful, intuitive sound shaping tool. Is this going to be available from third party retailers or only direct?
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Nut
Hey,

I've also been a beta tester on this and highly recommend it in terms of stem polishing and shaping. Also loved the (beta) community and the way this beast was initially set up and updated until its final release.

Old 8th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFi View Post
Hey,

I've also been a beta tester on this and highly recommend it in terms of stem polishing and shaping. Also loved the (beta) community and the way this beast was initially set up and updated until its final release.

I’ve never been more sceptical of a plugin and then more impressed after trying it as I was with this one.
Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

First you get the choogar, then you get the money... then you get the women!
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Maniac

This is a monster! If you have a powerful computer you can use it on sub busses but even one instance in the master can make wondeful sounds! Start with the yin yang preset and tweak! I just its more affordable.
Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

I was skeptical at first but after trying it on a few mixes, this is definitely a go to.
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Nut

This plugin will do a magic to your mix and your mastering for sure. Demo it, a you will not regret!
Old 8th March 2019
Lives for gear

It was great to be involved in the beta and helping to improve it to where it is now.

Awesome thing.
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Nice plugin but not really my thing for mastering.
The GUI at first looked like a gimmick but after demoing it sounds good. I think it's a very nice enhancing and versatile mixing tool but honestly I can't find any use in my mastering chain.
Old 9th March 2019
Gear Nut
@ Solid Mastering :

I know what you mean, trust me. That's why I mentioned my main personal purpose in use, the real magic happens on an other production stage. I don't know how you work or what tools you are using but if there should be some dilemma one day you are running into, I'm pretty sure you will be remembering this (and maybe Spector) because simply there's not much out there like it.

All the best!
Old 9th March 2019
Gear Maniac

you're right, and maybe I'll eventually buy it when the demo expires.
It might be useful to enhance or shape up stems specifically for stem mastering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFi View Post
@ Solid Mastering :

I know what you mean, trust me. That's why I mentioned my main personal purpose in use, the real magic happens on an other production stage. I don't know how you work or what tools you are using but if there should be some dilemma one day you are running into, I'm pretty sure you will be remembering this (and maybe Spector) because simply there's not much out there like it.

All the best!
Old 9th March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas Alshafai View Post
I'm on diet ... is this added or natural sugar?
I think it's artificial "sweetener"
Old 11th March 2019
Company Rep

@ V4nger @ Mevlan Osmani @ Ribbonmicguy @ ChocolateHawkins @ JoFi
Thank you so much for the kind words guys.

Yes we made sure to involve as many qualified beta testers as possible (btw, here is a link to apply to future beta testing programs: PROCESS.AUDIO Beta Testing Program Form) and the feedback we got helped us tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feck View Post
Great GUI, and from initial testing, a very powerful, intuitive sound shaping tool. Is this going to be available from third party retailers or only direct?
Only selling direct for now.

We are looking at adding more and more use case examples (such as mastering) on this page: PROCESS.AUDIO | Pro Audio Plug-ins
| Sugar Resources
. Please let us know if there are some particular topics you would like to be addressed.

Cheers.
Old 12th March 2019
Lives for gear

For pop/rap top 40 this is a must have

Not as obviously essential for Americana and rock, but, with some playing around is equally useful there, too
Old 13th March 2019
Purchased.. Awesome Plugin!!

KP
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search