The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
PROCESS.AUDIO Releases Sugar, The Ultimate Audio Sweetener Plug-in
Old 9th May 2019
Here for the gear

Using Sugar since launch on master effects section in Wavelab 9.5. Lately, I started to use on individual tracks on Montage window and noticed that Sugar reports a 25ms latency with the default Linear Phase option on. When render the files, I noticed that the tracks without the plugin are being pushed forward exactly 25ms therefore come out misaligned. Wavelab is trying to compensate for the latency but is not working correctly. Any clues? I just updated to latest Sugar version but the problem persists. With the Linear Phase option OFF everything comes out aligned.
Old 15th May 2019
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobybayo View Post
Using Sugar since launch on master effects section in Wavelab 9.5. Lately, I started to use on individual tracks on Montage window and noticed that Sugar reports a 25ms latency with the default Linear Phase option on. When render the files, I noticed that the tracks without the plugin are being pushed forward exactly 25ms therefore come out misaligned. Wavelab is trying to compensate for the latency but is not working correctly. Any clues? I just updated to latest Sugar version but the problem persists. With the Linear Phase option OFF everything comes out aligned.
New Sugar release this week. Wavelab latency problem will be fixed. Presets from major mentors will be added. CPU saving confirmed.

And yes everybody will be notified via emails. :-)
Old 16th May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremix.net View Post
New Sugar release this week. Wavelab latency problem will be fixed. Presets from major mentors will be added. CPU saving confirmed.

And yes everybody will be notified via emails. :-)
Thanks for taking care of the Wavelab issue so quick and for adding presets.
Old 16th May 2019
Company Rep

Aaand Sugar v1.2.0 is out.

Since 1.0.0 we have:
- optimized up to 20% cpu usage
- added amazing presets made by Vance Powell, John Paterno, Darrell Thorp and Ryan West
- fixed some minor bugs (level management UI, Cubase freeze on startup, Wavelab latency, Pro Tools automation shortcuts, etc...)

Hope you guys like it!

For those of you who would like to start a free trial, here is the link:
https://process.audio/products/sugar/trial
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Vitamin
Old 4 weeks ago
Brb
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangechild View Post
Vitamin
Sounds awful most the time I tried it
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

My trial of Gullfoss ran out some time ago but was getting ready to bite the bullet on the price... how does Sugar compare? Completely different beasts?
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
My trial of Gullfoss ran out some time ago but was getting ready to bite the bullet on the price... how does Sugar compare? Completely different beasts?
Totally different beasts.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Camo to talk about the plugin but it looks like i have come across a youtube comments section of a Sargon of Akkad video.
Whats next - chat about 'the great replacement'
Jesus Christ.

Maybe we should make a new forum called *****chan' so the terminally insecure can go and discuss 'inferior cultures' and 'not getting laid' whilst the engineers can get back to talking about.....engineering.

Anyway, how does this plugin deal with phase? I have been steering away from multi band processors whenever possible because frankly, the phase distortion gets in the way for me. Very few processors have pulled this off, in my humble opinion.

I think i saw this plugin some of the release material for S1 v4.1 - is there special integration or something?
Going to try it now. The price isn't low - that is for sure. But if it really is that good....well, i paid that much for powair, Multiplicity etc. It just has to be a very special tool for that.
nice to see interesting developments though. If thhe harmonics processing spectral btw? I have had great success with Spectre, which is also very flexible.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

tried this a bit last night and i have to say i am actually very impressed.
They have obviously paid a lot of attention to the quality. Prety hefty oversampling. Not light on CPU - but i would much, much prefer that over a light plugin that does not deliver on quality.*
Sounds great. I do really want to know about the technical aspects though.
Is it spectral distortion?
Are there any linear phase crossovers? Are the LPF and HPF linear phase? Would be nice ot know a bit about the oversampling implementation too.

Interesting stuff.
Old 2 weeks ago
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
tried this a bit last night and i have to say i am actually very impressed.
They have obviously paid a lot of attention to the quality. Prety hefty oversampling. Not light on CPU - but i would much, much prefer that over a light plugin that does not deliver on quality.*
Sounds great. I do really want to know about the technical aspects though.
Is it spectral distortion?
Are there any linear phase crossovers? Are the LPF and HPF linear phase? Would be nice ot know a bit about the oversampling implementation too.

Interesting stuff.
It's not really spectral distorsion. On every single band we gathered what usually needs to be done in order to address specific problems, like add transients, add harmonics, parallel compression, phase rotation, etc... Treatment varies on every band and their suppose to achieve what the plug-in tells you: Warmth, punch, air, excite etc...

One major aspect of this plug-in is that everything is linear band. All crossovers and LPF / HPF are linear. Since most Sugar processing works in parallel we had to make absolutely sure that your sound would not suffer from phase cancellation once blended back in with the dry signal. That's why lots of people love it on the low-end. No phase cancellation.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search