The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Analog Obsession "PreBOX" for GDIY! (Free for everyone!)
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Software Analog Obsession "PreBOX" for GDIY! (Free for everyone!)

Hello,

I'm actually tech guy. GroupDIY forum is my birth place.

So, i made free plugin for them but i want to share it on other forums, too.

Made preamp modeler. Included 11 preamp (mic and line).

All of them have their own character, transient response and dynamic. But freq. responses are fully linear. Cause it's digital world and we can do what we want

Also it has filters from V76 circuit. Possible to use with all preamp models.

Also if you like it and want to support this project, you can donate via this link. Possible to use Credit Card, Debit Card and Paypal.

Every donation is just $10. If you want, you can donate more than one.

Donation Link : Analog Obsession Store

Windows VST (64Bit/32Bit)

PreBOX_VST_WIN.zip - pCloud

Mac VST (64Bit/32Bit)

PreBOX_VST_MAC.zip - pCloud

Mac AU (64 Bit/32Bit)

PreBOX_AU_MAC.zip - pCloud

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Analog Obsession "PreBOX" for GDIY! (Free for everyone!)-prebox.jpg  
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Addict

Looking forward to try this one.

Now going from this plugin, taking a left on Tapelane, any chance of an Analog Obsession Ampex ATR-102 coming to life in the future?
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeep View Post
Looking forward to try this one.

Now going from this plugin, taking a left on Tapelane, any chance of an Analog Obsession Ampex ATR-102 coming to life in the future?
Hello,

Thanks for your interest!

Actually tape plugins are little complex. It's easy to re-create tape preamp, playback section etc. but tape band is really complicated.

For example i can re-create whole circuit of ATR-102. It can give character of "machine" but not tape's magnetic color, saturation, dynamics, response and more... So, it couldn't be real tape machine.

That's why i won't model any tape machine with "tape". I have no lab to analysis tape and i have no ATR-102 to check response of tapes with machine.

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Nut

cool!
it would be awesome if you can also model the differences between left and right channels, this will give it a much more credible analog feel and will add some depth to it

thx for the freebe
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
cool!
it would be awesome if you can also model the differences between left and right channels, this will give it a much more credible analog feel and will add some depth to it

thx for the freebe
You're welcome!

Actually i thought that model differences of left and right but i afraid Cause some people doesn't like it. But of course i can add option to do that. Need to think about it, again.

Thanks in advice!
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogObsession View Post
You're welcome!

Actually i thought that model differences of left and right but i afraid Cause some people doesn't like it. But of course i can add option to do that. Need to think about it, again.

Thanks in advice!
well to me this is one of the key differences that the people of Brainworx are implementing in their new technology and no one else is, and that give the sound that characteristic analog vibe(not harmonicaly speaking )
they are also adding a, what they call, "digital switch" that takes out that part of the equation
i add a couple of pics as an example

** In fact i think that, that option could randomize the differences and adding that to different channels would do a great summing option on the digital realm
Attached Thumbnails
Analog Obsession "PreBOX" for GDIY! (Free for everyone!)-screen-shot-2019-03-03-15.43.43.jpg   Analog Obsession "PreBOX" for GDIY! (Free for everyone!)-screen-shot-2019-03-03-15.43.53.jpg  
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
well to me this is one of the key differences that the people of Brainworx are implementing in their new technology and no one else is, and that give the sound that characteristic analog vibe(not harmonicaly speaking )
they are also adding a, what they call, "digital switch" that takes out that part of the equation
i add a couple of pics as an example

** In fact i think that, that option could randomize the differences and adding that to different channels would do a great summing option on the digital realm
Yes, i know their tech.

But in analog world, we hate this thing

Always trying to compensate L & R. But it's almost impossible cause none of components are matched in real world.

I will try to implement L and R difference. Then see result
Old 3rd March 2019
M2E
Lives for gear

Hey AO, Will there be a 32bit version as well? Thanks Marc
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

You know what bro I have to give you your props; I know this is going to come in handy because I'm using your compressor that was free anyway; and although it has its quirks it sounds really great.

I'm also using that free EQ you released and the other preamp with the low pass filters to get that analog sound in the box.

I wish you nothing but the best with your endeavors and I hope people donate.

You got a 9k in there; that's going to be cool to try out.

Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear
Only briefly tried it on the mixbus via Patchwork. The preamps sound pretty darn good. Any plans on an AAX release?
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac
Exited to try this. And really nice price.
I recently discovered free Fetish comp and it sounds really good. At some settings there were some weird behaviour but it did sound good.
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Head
Cool stuff, thanks! In Ableton Live 10.0.6, the models 7-10 don't work though, they just produce a continuous glitching sound (without any crashing).
Old 3rd March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgs View Post
Cool stuff, thanks! In Ableton Live 10.0.6, the models 7-10 don't work though, they just produce a continuous glitching sound (without any crashing).
Quote:

7-Quad Eight Mic Pre (Under development)
8-Ampex AM-10 (Under development)
9-ALTEC 1566A (Under development)
10- FAIRCHILD 692 (Under development)

Goals;

- Adding last 4 preamp
- Adding Output and Bypass
- Mac AU versions

For now first release is ready.

Thanks.
Those aren't available yet.
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Bay View Post
Those aren't available yet.
Ah thanks! I missed that.
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

This is pretty solid from my first impressions. Not sure if you're looking for critiques, but the fonts are looking a little blurry on my retina screen. I like the sound of it, which is obviously most important. Good stuff!
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hey AO, Will there be a 32bit version as well? Thanks Marc
Hi,

32 Bit for only Windows.

Quote:
Only briefly tried it on the mixbus via Patchwork. The preamps sound pretty darn good. Any plans on an AAX release?
Sorry but no AAX.

Quote:
This is pretty solid from my first impressions. Not sure if you're looking for critiques, but the fonts are looking a little blurry on my retina screen. I like the sound of it, which is obviously most important. Good stuff!
Hey!

Glad to hear that you liked it!

Yes, first version GUI is not OK. Finished version is fine.

Tomorrow i will update with new GUI.

Also Quad Eight mic pre is done. It will be included. And bypass & output are ready, too.

Tomorrow you can check it better.

Thanks.
Old 3rd March 2019
Gear Addict

sounds good!
Old 3rd March 2019
lbx
Gear Nut

Hi,

Thanks for this - eager to try it out - but I cannot unpack the PreBox.rar (Windows) - I'm using 7-zip - but it just gives an error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
L.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, i know their tech.

But in analog world, we hate this thing

Always trying to compensate L & R. But it's almost impossible cause none of components are matched in real world.

I will try to implement L and R difference. Then see result
Just make sure it is OPTIONAL! Genelec has quite a lot of scientific research into left/right uncorrelated stereo and how it affects people. Basically it seems like this is one of the key features when it comes to "audio fatigue".

So yeah, please make it optional if you decide to go down this route.

Personally I think the way Brainworx does it is extremely overdone and badly implemented.
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Easy solution, make it variable with a high resolution control.
Old 4th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbx View Post
Hi,

Thanks for this - eager to try it out - but I cannot unpack the PreBox.rar (Windows) - I'm using 7-zip - but it just gives an error.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
L.
Windows VST version unpacked fine here with WinRAR: PreBOX.rar - pCloud
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Head

This sounds superb in my opinion! Many Many thanks.
Also, the free britchannel update was a wonderful
Gift. Don’t think I replied in that thread.
Im going to donate, I’m sure the remaining pres and features are worth it.
Old 4th March 2019
lbx
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARC Mastering View Post
Windows VST version unpacked fine here with WinRAR: PreBOX.rar - pCloud
Thanks - I just managed to do it on another machine. Maybe my studio PC has an old version of 7zip or something.

Thanks again AO - will try it out later.
Old 4th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Hello,

Just updated to new version.

Please check first post.

- Added Quad Eight Mic Pre (Great dynamics and transient response)
- Added Bypass switch and Output knob
- Now every preamp at unity gain
- Added new GUI
- Added Windows 32 Bit version
- For Windows, using .zip instead of .rar

Hope you like!

Thanks.
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hope you like!

Thanks.
Old 4th March 2019
Here for the gear

Looking forward for the AU version!!

Last edited by LowDivision; 4th March 2019 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 4th March 2019
Lives for gear

This is exactly the sort of thing that AO really excels at - exceptional box tones for pass-through.

This little plugin is a good idea and IMO well implemented (I personally appreciate flat response and agree with bmanic about the L/R thing). Not much can go wrong with this one and I'm already thinking about committing some of these tones on today's mix.

Thank you Tunca. Really good stuff

EDIT: Quad Eight, very nice! Please consider a transformer plugin.
Old 4th March 2019
Here for the gear

AU version

Can't wait for the AU version to give it a try!
Old 5th March 2019
Gear Nut

Thank you so much for this! I know this is a free plugin but i just wanted to make one request. you guys released a plugin a while back called OAQ. i thought the little drive knob on that was AMAZING. is there something like that in this plugin? if not would be be possible to add something like that? thanks so much and looking forward to trying this regardless
Old 5th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorran View Post
Thank you so much for this! I know this is a free plugin but i just wanted to make one request. you guys released a plugin a while back called OAQ. i thought the little drive knob on that was AMAZING. is there something like that in this plugin? if not would be be possible to add something like that? thanks so much and looking forward to trying this regardless
Input gain should do exactly that. You just need to eventually compensate with the output.

Sounds great btw.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search