The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released
Old 23rd February 2019
  #1
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Software Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released

We are happy to announce that Verberate 2 has been released. Version 2 comes with a new late reverb algorithm we call Vivid Hall. It is based on entirely new technology and is designed for natural and pristine reverb tails without repeating patterns, resonances or other artifacts. The algorithm is time variant even when all modulation is turned off and therefore has a distinct sound quality to it that cannot be captured by convolution reverbs.

Click here for audio examples

The decay editor that makes it possible to sculpt the reverb tails by setting up frequency dependent reverb times has been significantly improved. It now offers bell as well as high and low cut and shelving filters similar to a parametric equalizer. The filter slopes can be adjusted continuously as with most Acon Digital plug-ins. The integrated output equalizer offers the same filter types and both the decay editor and output equalizer show accurate curves with interactive handles to modify the filter band settings.



Another new feature is the ability to better simulate mechanical plate reverbs. High frequencies travel faster in metal plates than low frequencies. This effect is called frequency dispersion. Verberate 2 now has a Dispersion parameter which allows highly realistic plate reverb simulations when combined with the decay editor set to simulate the longer high frequency decay of plate reverbs. A new Swirl parameter makes it possible to simulate the feedback modulation effect found in many vintage digital reverb units.

The 15 early reflection patterns offered are algorithmic, calculated in real time and applied using convolution. A dense and resonance free late reverb tail follows the early reflections, resulting in extremely convincing room simulations with impressive depth combined with the flexibility algorithmic reverbs are known for.

A large catalog of beautiful factory presets is delivered with Verberate 2 and a clear and straightforward graphical user interface simplifies the search for a specific reverb sound. The stereo edition of Verberate 2 was released today and is available in the Acon Digital Store for $99.90 USD. The surround capable Verberate Immersive 2 will be released in April 2019 and will support all common surround and immersive audio formats at a price of $199.90. Owners of the stereo version will be able to upgrade for $99.90 USD.

Last edited by saagedal; 15th March 2019 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: Added more information after release
Old 24th February 2019
  #2
Lives for gear
 
B Elgin's Avatar
 

Wow it's finally happening! I remember asking years ago for updates and you were talking about more envelope control and possibly a different modulation scheme.

Thanks for sticking it out with the development, really looking forward to the vivid hall for orchestral work and drum rooms especially.

The demos sound impressively clean and spacious.

Can you share anything about the new algorithm approach?

What's the upgrade price for previous customers?
Old 24th February 2019 | Show parent
  #3
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
Wow it's finally happening! I remember asking years ago for updates and you were talking about more envelope control and possibly a different modulation scheme.

Thanks for sticking it out with the development, really looking forward to the vivid hall for orchestral work and drum rooms especially.

The demos sound impressively clean and spacious.

Can you share anything about the new algorithm approach?

What's the upgrade price for previous customers?
Thanks, I'm glad to hear that you liked the trailer video! The algorithm is unique as far as I know. It is time variant by design, but without producing a chorus-like sound unless you dial in the "Swirl" effect. Since it is highly time variant, it cannot be captured by a convolution reverb. At the same time, it has the same high density and an even more natural quality to it than version 1, at least in my opinion.

The upgrade price will be $49.90, but early birds will be able to get the upgrade for $29.90 during the two first weeks after release.

Best,
Stian

Last edited by saagedal; 24th February 2019 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Added upgrade prices
Old 25th February 2019
  #4
nkf
Lives for gear
 

The new Verberate 2 (I'm one of the testers) will raise the bar for very smooth transparent reverb coming in plug in form with its new "Vivid" algorithm. At the same time it is very convincing in the Plate emulation department too. Expect some very high sound quality from Verberate 2.
Old 25th February 2019
  #5
Lives for gear
 
B Elgin's Avatar
 

Cheers Stian, that's a great upgrade deal.

It does sound more natural than v1 from what I can hear in the video, in general with the strings decay and low frequency behavior. I'm sure I'll find more appreciation when I dig into tuning it here.
Old 25th February 2019 | Show parent
  #6
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Elgin View Post
Cheers Stian, that's a great upgrade deal.

It does sound more natural than v1 from what I can hear in the video, in general with the strings decay and low frequency behavior. I'm sure I'll find more appreciation when I dig into tuning it here.
Yes, you're right — the low frequency behaviour has been improved as well.

Best,
Stian
Old 27th February 2019
  #7
stereo response seems very nice and natural to me!

any introductory price in plan?
Old 28th February 2019
  #8
Gear Addict
 
PrettyGone's Avatar
 

The vid sounds fantastic!

I have 15 different reverbs (I just counted them) and Acon is my default.


My only small criticisms of Verberate 1 are the small triangle heads on the sliders - they are difficult to grab without inadvertantly changing the parameter value. I note from the vid that they have become 'meatier' rectangles - can they also be slightly less sensitive?? Also, it would be nice to be able to turn the EQ off! Thanks!!!


Really looking forward to this!!
Old 28th February 2019 | Show parent
  #9
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolux View Post
stereo response seems very nice and natural to me!

any introductory price in plan?
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you liked it! We'll keep the modest price from version 1 which is $99.90 for the stereo version (and $199.90 for the surround version which will be released a little later), so hopefully there's no need for an introductory price.

Best,
Stian
Old 28th February 2019 | Show parent
  #10
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGone View Post
The vid sounds fantastic!

I have 15 different reverbs (I just counted them) and Acon is my default.
Thanks, awesome to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGone View Post
My only small criticisms of Verberate 1 are the small triangle heads on the sliders - they are difficult to grab without inadvertantly changing the parameter value. I note from the vid that they have become 'meatier' rectangles - can they also be slightly less sensitive?? Also, it would be nice to be able to turn the EQ off! Thanks!!!
Yes, the slider "handles" are indeed a bit bigger now, so they should be easier to grab. The slider sensitivity is probably as earlier -- this is the default behaviour of the JUCE framework we use. You can press Ctrl to fine tune, though.

You can turn the EQ bands on and off now, so you can simply disable all bands to turn the EQ off completely. The same applies to the decay editor.

Best,
Stian
Old 28th February 2019 | Show parent
  #11
Gear Addict
 
PrettyGone's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
Thanks, awesome to hear!


Yes, the slider "handles" are indeed a bit bigger now, so they should be easier to grab. The slider sensitivity is probably as earlier -- this is the default behaviour of the JUCE framework we use. You can press Ctrl to fine tune, though.

You can turn the EQ bands on and off now, so you can simply disable all bands to turn the EQ off completely. The same applies to the decay editor.

Best,
Stian
I just tried the Ctrl fine tuning - it completely solved the problem!!! Fantastic!!

Great news about the EQ - don't get me wrong, it's a fine EQ, it's just sometimes I like to EQ before the verb!

Thanks for the reply
Old 1st March 2019 | Show parent
  #12
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGone View Post
I just tried the Ctrl fine tuning - it completely solved the problem!!! Fantastic!!
Perfect, good to hear!

Best,
Stian
Old 3rd March 2019
  #13
Lives for gear
 
Marando's Avatar
Really looking forward hearing feedback from other users once they try Verberate 2! I consider myself lucky to be one of the beta testers, as it’s such an incredible sounding algorithm! Have used Verberate 1 a lot in the past, but when I compare the old with the new algorithm, it’s no contest to my ears. The new algorithm destroys the old one when it comes to being airy and alive. Actually, in my collection of reverbs (I have a lot), nothing is as smooth/natural as Verberate 2. I’m not saying my other reverbs are now obsolete, I’m a reverb junky who loves to have different flavours and characters in reverb. But it might actually be my desert island reverb when I think about it. It can be very smooth and natural, but also very lush in a way that does not remind of a chorus, more organic if that makes sense.
Old 3rd March 2019 | Show parent
  #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
Thanks, I'm glad to hear you liked it! We'll keep the modest price from version 1 which is $99.90 for the stereo version (and $199.90 for the surround version which will be released a little later), so hopefully there's no need for an introductory price.

Best,
Stian
On the website is still the version 1 for sale.
So its time to open some preorders?
Old 5th March 2019 | Show parent
  #15
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolux View Post
On the website is still the version 1 for sale.
So its time to open some preorders?
I guess we should, but we're a small company and should probably focus on getting everything right for the release date on March 15... BTW, we'll send out free upgrades to all customers that bought Verberate 1.x after the grace period started on February 20th this year.

Best,
Stian
Old 8th March 2019
  #16
Gear Addict
 

Very excited for this. Verberate and ValhallaVintage are my go-to verbs roughly 90% of the time (Little Plate and Valhalla Plate for the other 10%), and Verberate is my no.1 for realistic/transparent.

There's an ambient track I made with the Rhodes patch from my P90 and the "outdoor" algorithm. It sounds lovely.
Old 8th March 2019 | Show parent
  #17
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggysane View Post
Very excited for this. Verberate and ValhallaVintage are my go-to verbs roughly 90% of the time (Little Plate and Valhalla Plate for the other 10%), and Verberate is my no.1 for realistic/transparent.

There's an ambient track I made with the Rhodes patch from my P90 and the "outdoor" algorithm. It sounds lovely.
Thanks, that's great to hear! I hope that Verberate 2 will find even more use, then!

Best,
Stian
Old 12th March 2019
  #18
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

We are looking forward to the release on Friday and have uploaded some audio examples to SoundCloud for those interested:

Verberate 2 Audio Examples by acondigital | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Best,
Stian
Old 15th March 2019
  #19
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

We have just released the stereo version of Verberate 2: Acon Digital Verberate - Algorithmic reverb plug-in (VST, AAX or AU)

Best,
Stian
Old 15th March 2019 | Show parent
  #20
Gear Addict
 
Alex_HS's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
We have just released the stereo version of Verberate 2
Thanks! Bought update from 1.xx.
Old 15th March 2019 | Show parent
  #21
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_HS View Post
Thanks! Bought update from 1.xx.
Thank you very much, Alex -- that's highly appreciated!

Best,
Stian
Old 15th March 2019
  #22
Gear Addict
 
PrettyGone's Avatar
 

Purchased upgrade immediately!

Have had a quick go - it sounds amazing! The vivid hall and the new ERs are really great! Especially the plate sounds.

Also, the GUI changes are a definite improvement, as are the more tweakable decay and EQ panels.

Thank you!
Old 15th March 2019
  #23
Lives for gear
 
Marando's Avatar
Congratulations with the release, Stian!
Old 15th March 2019
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Gemylon's Avatar
Hei Stian !

Gratulerer med ny versjon.

Kjøpt !

Sjekker ut nærmere til helga !


Geir




Old 15th March 2019
  #25
Gear Maniac
 

Beauuuutifuuuuull
Old 15th March 2019
  #26
Gear Addict
 

This is the moment I realize I deeply regret not buying version one for $29 a few weeks ago. I knew this was coming too but I don't get excited about reverb very easily these days. Mainly because I always buy new reverb then end up using my Valhalla stuff on everything. This however is interesting and looks very easy to use and from the demo i watched sounds great. Well, next sale maybe.
Old 15th March 2019 | Show parent
  #27
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyGone View Post
Purchased upgrade immediately!

Have had a quick go - it sounds amazing! The vivid hall and the new ERs are really great! Especially the plate sounds.

Also, the GUI changes are a definite improvement, as are the more tweakable decay and EQ panels.

Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marando View Post
Congratulations with the release, Stian!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Hei Stian !

Gratulerer med ny versjon.

Kjøpt !

Sjekker ut nærmere til helga !


Geir


Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPani View Post
Beauuuutifuuuuull
Thank you very much to you all!

Best,
Stian
Old 15th March 2019 | Show parent
  #28
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notheorem729 View Post
This is the moment I realize I deeply regret not buying version one for $29 a few weeks ago. I knew this was coming too but I don't get excited about reverb very easily these days. Mainly because I always buy new reverb then end up using my Valhalla stuff on everything. This however is interesting and looks very easy to use and from the demo i watched sounds great. Well, next sale maybe.
Thanks! I hope that it's accessible even with the $99 price tag, though.

Best,
Stian
Old 15th March 2019
  #29
kdm
Lives for gear
There doesn't seem to be any left/right panning. No matter where the source is panned (or the send is panned as in Cubase/Nuendo), the reverb is full width - both Reverb and ER. Spatial placement is needed for recreating halls and stages - at least for ERs, but preferably some balance/panning for late/tail as well.
Old 15th March 2019 | Show parent
  #30
Lives for gear
 
saagedal's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdm View Post
There doesn't seem to be any left/right panning. No matter where the source is panned (or the send is panned as in Cubase/Nuendo), the reverb is full width - both Reverb and ER. Spatial placement is needed for recreating halls and stages - at least for ERs, but preferably some balance/panning for late/tail as well.
Thanks for testing! Verberate is a true stereo reverb and the reverb definitely follows the panning. I'm not sure what you mean with full width? The reverb tail will quickly be distributed on both channels, just like in a real room.

Best,
Stian
📝 Reply

Similar Threads

Thread / Thread Starter Replies / Views Last Post
replies: 171 views: 31414
Avatar for kragg
kragg 16th March 2019
replies: 993 views: 121007
Avatar for Rumi
Rumi 2 days ago
replies: 16 views: 2844
Avatar for ardis
ardis 9th January 2020
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear
Forum Jump
Forum Jump