The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acon Digital Verberate 2 Released
Old 28th November 2019 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig27 View Post
Are you by any chance going to do a Black Friday Sale?
Thx!
Yes, we are! Please see https://acondigital.com/news/black-friday-2019/

Best,
Stian
Old 6th January 2020
Lives for gear

And now Vivid Spaces for Verberate 2.

Verberate 2 and these presets remind me of a nice grand piano. I can press some keys and know it sounds great, but that doesn't mean I know how to play piano! Same with programming reverbs, I know what sounds good but make a mess when left to my own devices.

Some of the GUI curves of Vivid Spaces are different than I've seen and particularly like the fact the newer Vivid Hall algo is exploited and also the Choir presets.
In addition, all the presets are double-listed, one as Sends and the other Insert. That takes away a minor annoyance I've had auditioning plugins and presets. Very cool and lots of time left to go on their 33%-off sale.

You're welcome

Happy New Ears is right!

Last edited by JoeyM; 7th January 2020 at 02:14 AM.. Reason: grammar
Old 19th March 2020
Lives for gear

Just chiming in to say that i am incredibly impressed by this reverb. I own most of the big ones ITB. This reverb just blew me away the second i tried it. It instantly gave me the lush sound i am always trying ot get out of other reverbs - big and bloomy without sounding chorused.
I concur with others that this could truly be a desert island reverb. It does small spaces brilliantly too.
Love the fact that i can eq on the way in as well as on the way out.
All in all, this is just really well conceived. Great work
Old 20th March 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Just chiming in to say that i am incredibly impressed by this reverb. I own most of the big ones ITB. This reverb just blew me away the second i tried it. It instantly gave me the lush sound i am always trying ot get out of other reverbs - big and bloomy without sounding chorused.
I concur with others that this could truly be a desert island reverb. It does small spaces brilliantly too.
Love the fact that i can eq on the way in as well as on the way out.
All in all, this is just really well conceived. Great work
Thanks, David -- I'm very glad to hear that you like it so much!

Best,
Stian
Old 29th July 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM View Post
And now Vivid Spaces for Verberate 2.

Verberate 2 and these presets remind me of a nice grand piano. I can press some keys and know it sounds great, but that doesn't mean I know how to play piano! Same with programming reverbs, I know what sounds good but make a mess when left to my own devices.

Some of the GUI curves of Vivid Spaces are different than I've seen and particularly like the fact the newer Vivid Hall algo is exploited and also the Choir presets.
In addition, all the presets are double-listed, one as Sends and the other Insert. That takes away a minor annoyance I've had auditioning plugins and presets. Very cool and lots of time left to go on their 33%-off sale.

You're welcome

Happy New Ears is right!
Hi Joey, thank you so much for the kind words! Somehow I didn't notice this post earlier, so I'm a little late to the party!

Old 8th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal;****1996
Thanks, David -- I'm very glad to hear that you like it so much!

Best,
Stian
Hi Stian ,

Anything exciting coming up for Verberate 2?
Old 11th October 2020
Lives for gear

As wonderfully clear, spacious and versatile as V2's Vivid Hall is, I'm selling my license. Most of my work is focused on mastering lately. PM me if interested...
Old 13th October 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by axb312 View Post
Hi Stian ,

Anything exciting coming up for Verberate 2?
I'm sorry, I seem to have missed your question. We're working on other projects right now, so a Verberate update isn't planned in the near future. The late reverberation in Vivid Hall is already "perfect" in a sense, since the algorithm can be set up to produce white noise output when being fed with white noise (which is why we claim that the algorithm is resonance free). One thing I have considered is to add a mechanism to decrease the reverb time for audio that doesn't match the harmonic signatures of the input. I.e. the reverb times would get automatically reduced during chord transitions, pitch bends, etc. This could possibly reduce muddiness and would be a very interesting effect, but is of course very far from how a real acoustical space behaves...

Best,
Stian
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
I'm late to the party on Verberate 2, but holy crap, it's amazing. I was rooting through my plugin folder and found the 'basic' version, threw it into a mix, and well.... I bought the plugin about 20 minutes later. Upgraded, technically, as I actually had the version 1 but never really used it...

..I'll remedy that mistake now! The room settings are so clear, so spacious, I'm blown away. The vivid hall is capable of incredible things, from small to large. Also getting great results with the Plate modes on my soft-synths...

Amazing plugin. Only time will tell, and I just got it, but this seems like a desert-island / gold standard verb to me so far....

(apologies for the hyperbole but I'm truly just that excited about discovering this!)
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mholloway View Post
I'm late to the party on Verberate 2, but holy crap, it's amazing. I was rooting through my plugin folder and found the 'basic' version, threw it into a mix, and well.... I bought the plugin about 20 minutes later. Upgraded, technically, as I actually had the version 1 but never really used it...

..I'll remedy that mistake now! The room settings are so clear, so spacious, I'm blown away. The vivid hall is capable of incredible things, from small to large. Also getting great results with the Plate modes on my soft-synths...

Amazing plugin. Only time will tell, and I just got it, but this seems like a desert-island / gold standard verb to me so far....

(apologies for the hyperbole but I'm truly just that excited about discovering this!)
Thanks for your kind words -- I'm very glad to hear that you like it so much!

Best,
Stian
Old 6 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by saagedal View Post
Great reverb as I see it mentioned on various forums whenever a reverb topic is started

My only request would be giving the option of an imager instead of m/s (can help the depth feel of track better at times).
๐Ÿ“ Reply