The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sonimus releases Satson Channel Strip Plug-In
Old 7th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I am interested in getting this. I have been very happy with my other Sonimus plugins but I would like to know what the midi mapping is like. I have the Slate mix channel (VMR) and the midi controller mapping is really awkward.
Does each rack element retain its mapping regardless of where it is moved in the rack?
With the Slate every rack element has to be remapped every time it is added or moved, it’s frustrating.
There's a demo on the website so the can test it that was I've never used mixing plugins with MIDI control so I'm not sure how well it handles things in that regard.
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Sonimus View Post
Btw, Satson Channel Strip 1.1 Beta 1 is already in testing phase.
As I said you no changes related GUI but there are new features included thanks your generous feedback.
Thank you very much.
Stay tuned, soon news...
Sounds good! Will there be another intro pricing when the next one comes out?
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Carlyon View Post
Sounds good! Will there be another intro pricing when the next one comes out?
Old 8th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Good. I def wanna jump in on this as i love the products. Just been a bit stretched with all the stuff thats coming out.
Great work though. Particularly love the saturation.
I will be ready and waiting for the next one.
Old 9th April 2019
Deleted bc6012f
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I prefer the current GUI with the exception of the knobs on the EQ. I think the old knobs looked nicer. Other than that it’s a lot more polished and looks in line with all the other Sonimus plugs.
Exactly my opinion. Latest public release is imho much more modern and polished but old knobs were better.

Oh well - now when i saw old beta gui i much prefer new one.
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
Exactly my opinion. Latest public release is imho much more modern and polished but old knobs were better.

Oh well - now when i saw old beta gui i much prefer new one.
Same, I don't see anything wrong with the current GUI.
But to each their own I guess.
Old 9th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyguitar View Post
There's a demo on the website so the can test it that was I've never used mixing plugins with MIDI control so I'm not sure how well it handles things in that regard.
Thanks. Unfortunately I am away from my desktop computer for several weeks and only have my iPad to use for music until I am settled again, so no opportunity to demo.
Old 10th April 2019
Gear Addict

Ahhh right about now my regret for missing this sale is kicking in. For clarification... how similar is the eq module to StonEQ 4k? I did a search and didn't find the answer easily so I thought I would ask. I downloaded the demo of this and didn't get to touch it before the sale ended. For some reason I though I had more time. Anyway, great work sonimus. I'll just have to wait until the next sale I'm afraid. Not that $150 isn't fair. I just can't afford it right now that's all haha
Old 10th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notheorem729 View Post
Ahhh right about now my regret for missing this sale is kicking in. For clarification... how similar is the eq module to StonEQ 4k? I did a search and didn't find the answer easily so I thought I would ask. I downloaded the demo of this and didn't get to touch it before the sale ended. For some reason I though I had more time. Anyway, great work sonimus. I'll just have to wait until the next sale I'm afraid. Not that $150 isn't fair. I just can't afford it right now that's all haha
Not to salt your wound or anything, but this has quickly become my main tool for mixing and first insert on every track. I own StonEQ as well and find the CS EQ.. deeper? It's hard to describe. I feel it's better, but it may be a result of the pre and comp right before it. It's a brilliant plugin and the modular nature is fantastic. I hope for your sake it does go on sale again, but it's definitely worth the $150.
Old 10th April 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
Not to salt your wound or anything, but this has quickly become my main tool for mixing and first insert on every track. I own StonEQ as well and find the CS EQ.. deeper? It's hard to describe. I feel it's better, but it may be a result of the pre and comp right before it. It's a brilliant plugin and the modular nature is fantastic. I hope for your sake it does go on sale again, but it's definitely worth the $150.
Yes it is a results of using the pre and comp because they null at 100% when matched properly .
Old 11th April 2019
Gear Addict

Well, I don't assume there will be a sale any time soon now haha. I don't own the StonEQ 4k but have been hoping for a sale on it and am just now finally close to breaking and paying full price now that I know I missed the channel strip sale. Huge downgrade on my part but I have very few analog emulations and have always focused more in things like Pro-Q3 and equilibrium so I'm trying to add some color to my mixes. So far my buy list consists of the StonEQ 4k, hoser xt, and one other I haven't decided on yet. I didn't realize until this last week that there are very few analog emulations that don't have high frequency issues. Or they'll have a DC filter too high up and sometimes the added saturation aliases too easily for my taste. There are so many sales right now and I tend to test things so thoroughly before purchase that I know them in and out by the time I buy... which is why I didn't just make the purchase to begin with and missed it. Oh well ha I've made much bigger mistakes before. Kind of good to know whichever I end up buying will fit my needs though.
Old 11th April 2019
M2E
Lives for gear

Quote:
Btw, Satson Channel Strip 1.1 Beta 1 is already in testing phase.
As I said you no changes related GUI but there are new features included thanks your generous feedback.
Thank you very much.
Stay tuned, soon news...
I own all your plugins. Great plugins but how does one get added to your beta team. I suggested a few things.

Marc
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Well, I don't assume there will be a sale any time soon now haha. I don't own the StonEQ 4k but have been hoping for a sale on it and am just now finally close to breaking and paying full price now that I know I missed the channel strip sale. Huge downgrade on my part but I have very few analog emulations and have always focused more in things like Pro-Q3 and equilibrium so I'm trying to add some color to my mixes. So far my buy list consists of the StonEQ 4k, hoser xt, and one other I haven't decided on yet. I didn't realize until this last week that there are very few analog emulations that don't have high frequency issues. Or they'll have a DC filter too high up and sometimes the added saturation aliases too easily for my taste. There are so many sales right now and I tend to test things so thoroughly before purchase that I know them in and out by the time I buy... which is why I didn't just make the purchase to begin with and missed it. Oh well ha I've made much bigger mistakes before. Kind of good to know whichever I end up buying will fit my needs though.
Thanks for stay tuned! Wait for news next week
Old 12th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzygis View Post
I am interested in getting this. I have been very happy with my other Sonimus plugins but I would like to know what the midi mapping is like. I have the Slate mix channel (VMR) and the midi controller mapping is really awkward.
Does each rack element retain its mapping regardless of where it is moved in the rack?
With the Slate every rack element has to be remapped every time it is added or moved, it’s frustrating.
MIDI Mapping works via most DAW's built-in mapping features. We asked for a beta tester his opinion, considering the response depends of many factors, he says in general he hasn't had trouble doing this at all. Compared with other products he tried out there and it worked as expected.
Old 18th April 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks for stay tuned! Wait for news next week
Thanks for the heads up. I made the purchased within minutes of getting the email last night. Any chance for the upgrade to the channel strip come back in the future?
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I made the purchased within minutes of getting the email last night. Any chance for the upgrade to the channel strip come back in the future?
Yes, it's possible the upgrade. Please let us know for assisting you.
Old 23rd April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I own all your plugins. Great plugins but how does one get added to your beta team. I suggested a few things.

Marc
Hey Marc! Thanks for your confident in Sonimus. Please write me a Private Message. We would be very happy to know about your suggestions.
Old 26th April 2019
Here for the gear

So, weren't we supposed to have some news last week ?
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Nut

FYI the plugin is on sale for $69 for the next 48 hours.
Old 8th May 2019
Gear Addict

The timing of the sale is very unfortunate. A couple days later and I would finally be the proud owner of the SatsonCS. I say finally because the short time I have been wanting this already feels too long haha
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

Satson Channel Strip has been updated to version 1.1 and is on sale for $59 for the next 24 hours. Just get it already.
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

How would you compare it to Waves CLA MixHub.
I really love the MixHub, the sound and the workflow. Is the Satson Channel Strip even better?
(love the Tuco Comp)
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpaMusik View Post
I really love the MixHub, the sound and the workflow. Is the Satson Channel Strip even better?
(love the Tuco Comp)
No idea but there's a demo you can download
Old 30th May 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MpaMusik View Post
(love the Tuco Comp)
Better sound but conpletely different workflow
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Good sound but goofy demo limitations so I passed. I’m looking for alternatives/complements to my Acqua and Nebula libraries... no CPU optimizations? No oversampling?

No thanks.
Old 31st May 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzfeger View Post
Good sound but goofy demo limitations so I passed. I’m looking for alternatives/complements to my Acqua and Nebula libraries... no CPU optimizations? No oversampling?

No thanks.
Are you talking about the demo restrictions there? The full plugin has oversampling and CPU optimisation
Old 31st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok87 View Post
Are you talking about the demo restrictions there? The full plugin has oversampling and CPU optimisation
Yes. Demo restrictions.
Old 31st May 2019
Gear Addict

I was soooo close to being able to finally buy the channel strip this time haha. Loving the new features. I'm going to master this plugin by the time I own it.
Old 8th July 2019
Gear Maniac

I really like this compressor, it's my go-to for drum smashing. I will most likely buy whatever the next product is (maybe api2500? *cough* *cough*).

One thing I would really like to see however, is some easy "bypass" button for each module, because right clicking for a "menu" to select "bypass" isn't very intuitive at all. I'm not big fan of switches, so maybe it should be small green/blue led?
Old 1st August 2019
wm9
Here for the gear

I was in the hunt of a SSL bus compressor, and after all day demoing several plugins (waves, cytomic, Acustica audio..) I found your channel strip by chance. I demoed it and was blown away. On top of that it was on sale, and it was the cheaper of the bunch.

I instantly bought the channel strip and the TuCo, and I will be purchasing the Burnley 73 soon.

Usually I don’t do this but I think you deserve every credit, so I just opened a gearslutz account to say great job guys!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search