The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Sonimus releases Satson Channel Strip Plug-In
Old 29th March 2019
Deleted e71ab78
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelieR View Post
To peak it needs strong marketing.

It's not the best that succeed, it's the most present (#Avid #Uad #slate #wavesbackinthedays etc...).
Yes true.... but I just meant I think this will pick up momentum rather than make slate megabucks.
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris Sonimus View Post
We will keep it until next monday or tuesday
I am interested in getting this. I have been very happy with my other Sonimus plugins but I would like to know what the midi mapping is like. I have the Slate mix channel (VMR) and the midi controller mapping is really awkward.
Does each rack element retain its mapping regardless of where it is moved in the rack?
With the Slate every rack element has to be remapped every time it is added or moved, it’s frustrating.
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted e71ab78 View Post
Yes true.... but I just meant I think this will pick up momentum rather than make slate megabucks.
Haaa gotcha !
Old 29th March 2019
Gear Maniac

For me, Sonimus is becoming very much synonymous to quality.
Old 29th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklo View Post
A

The original beta GUI was way better. I did express this several times but I guess they invested in the new skin and didn't want to revert. It was honestly so much better, I don't mind the new one but the previous one was so much clearer.

Likewise, it deserves to do well. I think it will pick up momentum - it's high quality so it will speak for itself.
I agree, I MUCH prefered the first GUI in the beta phase (and also mentioned it back then). Knobs were bigger, had less of the "watery/washy" look and better colors IMO.

The sound quality of the plugin is fantastic, though

I wish Sonimus would give us a GUI option to switch to.
Old 31st March 2019
Deleted bc6012f
Now when few of you talked abut it i really wish someone share that "previous" version of EQ gui when plugin was at beta stage. I know it's beta and final release is different and i am aware that we won't see previous gui probably never - but i still want to see it.

Drop me a PM if you have screenshot please.
Old 4th April 2019
Gear Nut

Hi Folks, again we want to thank you for your comments and feedback.
You can be sure we consider all of them and try to include them in our discussions.
Particularly for GUI, as many of you say, it's a matter of taste and as many users prefer old GUI, also others prefer new GUI. We agree that perhaps the best alternative is to create GUI with option to switch to one of them but we need to evaluate resources for make it and it should be include in queue of task planned.

News are comming soon, today I can't say more but in some days we will make an announcement

Thanks for your understanding new features are comming, we are sure you will enjoy them.

Last edited by Boris Sonimus; 5th April 2019 at 08:32 PM..
Old 4th April 2019
Lives for gear

Hey Diego & Boris...

am I allowed to post a screenshot of the beta GUI?

Thanks for considering the option.Would be a huge deal for some IMO.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Hey Diego & Boris...
am I allowed to post a screenshot of the beta GUI?
Thanks for considering the option.Would be a huge deal for some IMO.
No problem
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No problem
Sonimus, my number ONE plugin company!
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
No problem
Damn, left the studio an hour ago hahaha.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Damn, left the studio an hour ago hahaha.

I'll be home shortly. I got it.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Nut

On the left there's the beta (original name CS4K) and then Satson Channel Strip on the right.

I preferred the original UI for a number of reasons. Much cleaner and simpler without any shaddows, glare or scratches. I think the EQ button colors are nicer although I still wish they were a bit more saturated like Slate VMR SSL EQ. The HP,LP and OUT section on the released version looks weird with different shading than the top section, like it's recessed.

The indentations on the left and right of the compressor module make no sense.

Lastly, the colors of the LEDs on the beta make more sense LEDS that are off still have their color, albeit much darker. The LEDS in the released version are clear when off, as if they were multi-colored LEDs.

I think the dark grey backgrounds on the modules could be even darker (similar to Softube American Class A and IK Bus Comp are my favorite examples) but that would probably necessitate all knobs to have white or grey rims instead of black ones.

Lots of little tiny nitpicks, but that's what I live for. I love this plugin. If they made some of these changes, it would closer to the plugin of my dreams.

Your thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Sonimus releases Satson Channel Strip Plug-In-beta-vs-release.jpg  
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Addict

I prefer the current GUI with the exception of the knobs on the EQ. I think the old knobs looked nicer. Other than that it’s a lot more polished and looks in line with all the other Sonimus plugs.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

I much prefer the beta version (although I'd like it even more if the dark rings around the EQ knobs were removed so they looked like the knobs on the compressor/input - only colored)
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Head

I loved the new beta. It's cleaner, easier and more to the point, yet beautiful.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateHawkins View Post
I prefer the current GUI with the exception of the knobs on the EQ. I think the old knobs looked nicer. Other than that it’s a lot more polished and looks in line with all the other Sonimus plugs.

Yeah, the biggest gripes I have are with the shading on the module backgrounds and the colors of the knobs. I thought that the knob colors in StonEQ 4K were really good which makes me wonder why they didn't use those same colors.

If you put multiple instances of the modules side-by side, the shading looks odd. That's why I think less/no glare would work much better. There's got to be a good middle ground between how basic the beta looks and how overdone the final version is, IMO.
Attached Thumbnails
Sonimus releases Satson Channel Strip Plug-In-multiple-modules.jpg  
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterbr View Post
I loved the new beta. It's cleaner, easier and more to the point, yet beautiful.

New beta? You mean the original beta? Yeah, I thought it was almost perfect looking on the first try.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbyguitar View Post
New beta? You mean the original beta? Yeah, I thought it was almost perfect looking on the first try.
No, I mean the newest version (the left version in the picture you posted an hour ago).
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
No, I mean the newest version (the left version in the picture you posted an hour ago).

The left version is not new. It's from last August when the plugin was originally called CS4K. The newest version is the one that is currently pictured on the website.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
The left version is not new. It's from last August when the plugin was originally called CS4K. The newest version is the one that is currently pictured on the website.
Really? Well, I'm really confused then. I've already seen the right GUI for some weeks now. Anyways, I liked the left better (the right is not bad either, FWIW), hahah.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Really? Well, I'm really confused then. I've already seen the right GUI for some weeks now. Anyways, I liked the left better (the right is not bad either, FWIW), hahah.

The one on the right is the official GUI. The one on the left was placeholder graphics I guess but I think it's superior in almost every way. I dunno. Maybe they'll change it back.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
The one on the right is the official GUI. The one on the left was placeholder graphics I guess but I think it's superior in almost every way. I dunno. Maybe they'll change it back.
Exactly, agreed.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Addict

I prefer the Beta version but would like to see higher contrast tones similar to the official version, however, without shading. The Beta colors are a bit too warm and muted IMHO.
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

In fact, the best GUI to me is the very first one before the first beta got released, that they sent to testers to have an opinion.

The knobs looked polished and well rendered, as their StonEQ 4k plugin.

StonEQ 4k and especially TuCo, are their best GUIs IMHO. With Sweetone and ans SonEQ Pro coming next.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
In fact, the best GUI to me is the very first one before the first beta got released, that they sent to testers to have an opinion.

The knobs looked polished and well rendered, as their StonEQ 4k plugin.

StonEQ 4k and especially TuCo, are their best GUIs IMHO. With Sweetone and ans SonEQ Pro coming next.

I think TuCo is almost perfect. The perspective of the knobs is a bit weird but other than that, it's awesome. No scratches, no smudges or anything. I know SonEQ Pro's knob perspective makes some people sick much like StonEQ before they fixed it.

I love how colorful StonEQ is but the grey background texture is weird and inconsistent. There's also a little white spot on the blue part that looks kinda like warped metal or something. Again, not a fan.

The thing I love about Sonimus is that they're responsive to these kinds of things. When many people had issues with the initial StonEQ UI, they changed it. When TuCo users requested additional features, they added those in.

Some user requests are being tested right now. I have a feeling this plugin is only going to improve with time.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Addict

Are there more Eq's etc in the pipeline for thsi one then? I really liked it but have had a hard time justifying it alongside my millions of other SSL types. love sonimus to bits though
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Hi guys! FYI

Satson Channel Strip Intro Price - Final 48 Hours!

Only 48 hours left to get Satson Channel Strip at it's introductory price.

Satson Channel Strip is a powerful virtual rack which allows you to use up to eight Satson Series modules in one plugin. This is a great option for processing individual mix elements and sub-groups, as well as producing end-to-end mixes.

Introductory price: $ 69 (Reg. $149)

Don't miss this exceptional opportunity.
Old 6th April 2019
Gear Nut

Btw, Satson Channel Strip 1.1 Beta 1 is already in testing phase.
As I said you no changes related GUI but there are new features included thanks your generous feedback.
Thank you very much.
Stay tuned, soon news...
Old 6th April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Btw, Satson Channel Strip 1.1 Beta 1 is already in testing phase.
As I said you no changes related GUI but there are new features included thanks your generous feedback.
Thank you very much.
Stay tuned, soon news...
I am interested in getting this. I have been very happy with my other Sonimus plugins but I would like to know what the midi mapping is like. I have the Slate mix channel (VMR) and the midi controller mapping is really awkward.
Does each rack element retain its mapping regardless of where it is moved in the rack?
With the Slate every rack element has to be remapped every time it is added or moved, it’s frustrating.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search