The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
TBProAudio updates dEQ6 to V2.0 for Windows and Mac OS X
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Addict

Software TBProAudio updates dEQ6 to V2.0 for Windows and Mac OS X

TBProAudio has updated dEQ6, a 6 band stereo/MS dynamic equalizer with high quality oversampling and accurate spectrum analyzer.

dEQ6 offers following features:
  • 6 independent filter + compressor/expander
  • 3 filter types, analogue design, minimal phase, zero delay
  • many comfort functions to setup multiple bands
  • NEW: independent stereo/left/right/mid/side processing per band
  • side chain support
  • sample rates up to 192 kHz
  • "real" over sampling, up to 4x
  • NEW: hi-res spectrum analyzer with 32k FFT
  • NEW: pre/post-EQ spectrum, max/average/live spectrum, stereo/left/right/mid/side
  • NEW: smoothed, ISO R40 smoothed and raw data spectrum
  • NEW: post filter predictive spectrum
  • NEW: EQ cheat sheets
  • NEW: spectrogram
  • NEW: frequency tracker
  • narrow-band sweeping mode
  • spectrum freeze mode
  • sample exact A/B toggle for all processing modes
  • precise parameter input
  • NEW: large, resizable and easy to use GUI
  • NEW: XML based preset management
  • full DAW automation support, smooth parameter change
  • 64-bit internal processing
  • very efficient CPU usage design

System Requirements:
  • Windows XP or newer
  • Mac OS X 10.5 or newer
  • Win: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32 Bit RTAS
  • OS X: 32/64 Bit VST, 32/64 Bit VST3, 32/64 Bit AU, 32 Bit RTAS
  • Tested with: Reaper, Cubase/Nuendo/Wavelab, FL Studio, ProTools, Logic Pro X, Ableton, Studio One, Reason

Demo version available
Free update for existing customers

Price: 59€
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear
Version 1 of this EQ is my go-to EQ for problem frequencies. This was one of the first dynamic EQs to put all the compression parameters on the main page for every band. That makes it one of the quickest, most convenient dynamic EQs available. The graphic display works very well and it sounds great too. I'm looking forward to using V2 and appreciate the free update.
Old 10th February 2019
Lives for gear

love the UI
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
I'm looking forward to using V2 and appreciate the free update.
great! Please let us know what you think anbout the improvements, thank you
Old 10th February 2019
Lives for gear

does it have SC capabilities?
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
yes
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Beast View Post
yes
Enable SC globally and then per band.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Maniac

@ TBProAudio , Great plug and UI!

Just demoing it for the first time now. One minor thing that seems to catch me out is the hilighting on the nodes. i.e. when you approch one of the EQ nodes with the mouse pointer it seems to start hilighting before you reach it. I`m finding I am sometimes reflexively clicking to grab the node before reaching it and missing the grab.

Any chance the hilight could be made to only appear when it is possible to grab the node?

Also I couldn`t seem to find any tooltips in the options? They would be quite handy for the lower controls wher the labels are only on the very left for the whole row.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBProAudio View Post
[*]"real" over sampling, up to 4x
I'm sorry, maybe that was already answered somewhere else.
But I'm just curious, what the real oversampling means there?
Possibly what qualifies as just unreal, virtual or maybe imaginary oversampling?

All the best,

Michal
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmucr View Post
I'm sorry, maybe that was already answered somewhere else.
But I'm just curious, what the real oversampling means there?
Possibly what qualifies as just unreal, virtual or maybe imaginary oversampling?

All the best,

Michal
Very good question.
Real means: real up and down sampling. You can see if you look at the filter response curves or if you use an analyser like SPAN.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tune View Post
@ TBProAudio , Great plug and UI!

Just demoing it for the first time now. One minor thing that seems to catch me out is the hilighting on the nodes. i.e. when you approch one of the EQ nodes with the mouse pointer it seems to start hilighting before you reach it. I`m finding I am sometimes reflexively clicking to grab the node before reaching it and missing the grab.

Any chance the hilight could be made to only appear when it is possible to grab the node?

Also I couldn`t seem to find any tooltips in the options? They would be quite handy for the lower controls wher the labels are only on the very left for the whole row.
Thank you.

EQ node highlighting: well, you can grab the node if the inner ring is white (if the node is active). Let me think if we can improve this.
Tooltips: good idea
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Thanks for considering!
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Very good question.
Real means: real up and down sampling. You can see if you look at the filter response curves or if you use an analyser like SPAN.
Thank you for the answer.
I was just bit confused, what that means. Because, I though, the described process is basically just what any plug-in with oversampling operating mode does.
In another words - incoming audio is interpolated to higher rate, processed with main algorithm at higher operational bandwidth (to reduce warping, aliasing in original band etc.) and then downsampled back to original rate. Otherwise, I'm not sure, what's the other way.

Michal
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Still enjoying testing the demo here, super useful plug!

Just a few more small feedback points to mention:

1) You have a band in dynamic mode: When you bypass it by double clicking the node, then re-enable it by double-clicking again, the band is now changed to static mode and you have to re-set it to dynamic again below. It would seem to make more sense if the band was restored back to dynamic mode.

2) Suggestion: If you have a band in static mode and start adjusting the threshold (either by gui lower controls or alt + dragging its node) it would be nice if the band switched automatically to dynamic mode.

3) Pressing shift and clicking a node for fine adjustments can be quite common. The trouble is that if you press shift first, you get the right-click menu. Maybe the menu could require 'ctrl + shift + click node'.

thanks again for any consideration!
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Nut

Impressive plugin, great job, thoughtfully designed. I second the suggestions in this thread, and also appreciate the responses here and elsewhere of the developer who seems to genuinely be listening to potential customers. Seems like this plugin and developer deserves more coverage IMHO.
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Still enjoying testing the demo here, super useful plug!

Just a few more small feedback points to mention:

1) You have a band in dynamic mode: When you bypass it by double clicking the node, then re-enable it by double-clicking again, the band is now changed to static mode and you have to re-set it to dynamic again below. It would seem to make more sense if the band was restored back to dynamic mode.

2) Suggestion: If you have a band in static mode and start adjusting the threshold (either by gui lower controls or alt + dragging its node) it would be nice if the band switched automatically to dynamic mode.

3) Pressing shift and clicking a node for fine adjustments can be quite common. The trouble is that if you press shift first, you get the right-click menu. Maybe the menu could require 'ctrl + shift + click node'.

thanks again for any consideration!
Thank you for your proposals. All of them are very useful. Expect an update very soon
Old 13th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by uarte View Post
Impressive plugin, great job, thoughtfully designed. I second the suggestions in this thread, and also appreciate the responses here and elsewhere of the developer who seems to genuinely be listening to potential customers. Seems like this plugin and developer deserves more coverage IMHO.
Thank you!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Update 2.0.1:
- Filter menu: engage with shift-ctrl-left mouse click
- Filter icon: double click toggles filter off/last mode (static or dynamic)
- Filter threshold: changing parameter (GUI, controls) activates dynamic mode
- Mouse handling consolidated: shift mouse drag slows down parameter change, ctrl mouse drag accelerates parameter change
- Spectrum: ISO and SR > 44.100 crash fixed
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Nut

Love the narrow band sweeping mode tool. Very useful. Lots of nice little touches like that. Does it disable any active bands while sweeping? Curious what the slope is on it too?

Would also be very nice to see a keyboard overlay option for notes across the bottom, if possible, not just the Show Musical Note mode.

Great stuff!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Update 2.0.1:
- Filter menu: engage with shift-ctrl-left mouse click
- Filter icon: double click toggles filter off/last mode (static or dynamic)
- Filter threshold: changing parameter (GUI, controls) activates dynamic mode
- Mouse handling consolidated: shift mouse drag slows down parameter change, ctrl mouse drag accelerates parameter change
- Spectrum: ISO and SR > 44.100 crash fixed
Professional Audio Tools

This is great! thanks for the additions and responsiveness to suggestions, testing out now!

Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Does it disable any active bands while sweeping? Curious what the slope is on it too?

Would also be very nice to see a keyboard overlay option for notes across the bottom, if possible, not just the Show Musical Note mode.

Great stuff!
Bands are deactivated during sweep mode. It is a simple 12dB filter.
Piano keyboard: lets think about. But we not want to simply copy ideas of other products
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Piano keyboard: lets link about. But we not want to simply copy ideas of other products
Agreed not to copy other plugins, especially for copying sake. You have your own approach for sure, but let's look at the feature by itself: Is it a helpful tool to have a piano overlay of some kind? Absolutely!

In fact, it is really similar to your EQ cheat sheets, which are great! This is basically the same thing, just an extension of that, and you clearly thought that was useful to put in (which it is!). What more logical extension of what you are ALREADY doing with cheat sheets than a piano layout too? You could maybe even put it in the cheat sheet menu (although it will be very dense zoomed out so there's a zoom density issue that would have to be figured out)! The code is already obviously written for the general cheat sheet feature though... and it even already zooms in/out perfectly right now. So maybe it's not too much trouble to do?

(And actually, now that I think of it, I'd eventually love to edit my own cheat sheets as a separate feature request. :-) Please do the piano overlay or cheat sheet first though!)

Also, I don't think I'm the first person to request this for dEQ... I thought I saw in this forum or some other place someone comment on this too. I'm not alone in thinking this would be helpful.

So please don't think of it as copying. Just think of it as a useful extension of what you are ALREADY doing. :-)

Thanks for considering it!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
So please don't think of it as copying. Just think of it as a useful extension of what you are ALREADY doing. :-)

Thanks for considering it!
Yeah, let me think if I could do it with the current EQ cheat sheet code.
Then it will be easy to realize ...
Just please give me some time
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Yeah, let me think if I could do it with the current EQ cheat sheet code.
Then it will be easy to realize ...
Just please give me some time
Great! Thank you!
Old 14th February 2019
Gear Maniac

All new features seem to be working as expected so far, thanks!

EDIT:FIXED NOW IN NEW RELEASE

Regarding the selection/ hilighting and grabbing of nodes I was talking about before; I have found another element contributing to it. It seems that on the top and bottom of the nodes (and sides) there is an strip of 1 pixel width that when the mouse is over, it does not register selection:

Here in this following screenshot the node is not selected/ grabable even though the mouse is in the coloured centre.

- Line of inactive pixels in DEQ6, left-clicking here will not select/ grab the node:

---

Just for contrast Crave Eq allows you to grab from just outside the outer ring of the EQ (Voxengo Gliss Eq gives you a similar range)

- Crave Eq nodes can be grabbed from here:

All tested on windows.

Last edited by 4tune; 18th February 2019 at 08:46 AM..
Old 15th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
It seems that on the top and bottom of the nodes (and sides) there is an strip of 1 pixel width that when the mouse is over, it does not register selection:
Thank you for this. We will fix it.
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Addict

Update to 2.0.2:
- Spectrum: post predicted spectrum hang fixed, bug from 2.0.1
- GUI: fixed 2 inactive pixel of filter button
- EQ cheat sheet: piano keys sheet added
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Thanks TBPro!

The left-clicking nodes is much better!

Also got my license through today

Afraid there are another couple of suggestions in your PMs from me, but super happy with the improvements to the release!
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Thanks TBPro!

The left-clicking nodes is much better!

Also got my license through today

Afraid there are another couple of suggestions in your PMs from me, but super happy with the improvements to the release!
Thank you!
No prob with the new suggestions, we will look at it:-)
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
- EQ cheat sheet: piano keys sheet added
Love the way you did this -- thank you! Now I'm tempted to pick up gEQ12 too!

BTW, I really like the way the notes highlight on top, and when you turn on Show Musical Note too, it's really complete without getting in the way of the cursor, very precise and good UI with good info in the margins. Coupled with your Frequency Tracker, and other great analysis like heatmap, it's a like a HUD of EQ power... love it.

Now I just wish it had IN/OUT meters. Right now you have the output gain/trim slider, which is great, but it would be nice to see vertical in/out meters along the side too so I know if my EQ settings are causing problems, etc., etc.. I don't mean to sound greedy, as this plugin is already great, and you are clearly a very responsive developer constantly improving your products. But if there's anything big missing on both gEQ12 and dEQ6, for me at least, it's just vertical in/out meters along the side.

Running through my collection of EQs installed on this machine, BTW, I'm seeing in/out meters on many plugins, from Waves to Eventide to iZotope to Sonible, etc., etc.. Even Studio One's ProEQ and Cubase's Frequency and StudioEQ at least have output meters with red peak alerts at the top of the meters. (And FabFilter has output meters too BTW.)

Also, some of them have gain matching or other clever things, which are super nice too. :-) Now maybe I'm getting too greedy.

But in/out meters on plugins like this seem pretty logical and almost ubiquitous. Any chance you will consider adding in/out meters on the interface? I think that would round out a fantastic 2.0 update, and whatever you add for 2.xx will be frosting on the cake for me. If you add in/out meters, you'll force me to buy gEQ12 too, lol. (Already have dEQ6!)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search