The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Audiority LDC2 - Light Driven Compander - VST2/VST3/AU/AAX - Intro Price
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Software Audiority LDC2 - Light Driven Compander - VST2/VST3/AU/AAX - Intro Price

We are happy to announce to you our newest effect plugin: LDC2 - Light Driven Compander

LDC2 is an analog modelled compressor and expander featuring exchangeable optical circuits and solid state preamplifier.

LDC2 provides smooth and warm dynamics processing for tracking, mixing, mastering and live performances.

Intro Price: $29/€29 (until Feb 28th. Regular price is $45/€45)

More info: LDC2 Compander - Optical Compressor and Expander Plugin - Audiority

Cheers,
Luca

PS:
We implemented an online activation that works in parallel with the usual offline license file loading. If you are registered to our User Area, you only need to use your username (or email address) and password from the plugin to register it. Please, check LDC2 User Manual for more details.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Oh man!! Gotta check this out. The last tube pre Audiority put out was great.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

I made a pact with myself - NO NEW COMPRESSORS! But... gotta demo this
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Maniac

After a short demo, I like it! Its really grabby, gives some urgency to the sound and can get really dirty! Hasn’t played with the expander too much but it probably useful too!

Gonna do some further testing but this seems like it could become a good tool for putting unruly sources in its place and give som life to lame tracks!
Old 7th February 2019
Sounds great to me too!
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Nut

magnificence

magnificence, noTHING like it in my collection. thank you
Old 7th February 2019
Gee
Lives for gear

Its stronger then me. I just grabbed it (this price point makes me act before thinking) but man this thing is cool as hell. The optical cell options are super interesting. I will be spending time with this one!

Thanks Audiority!
Old 7th February 2019
This thing is fantastic!
Trying to figure out what the upper row of controls with, "HQ" and others mean.
The manual doesn't mention the upper row symbols...
Can you resize it also?
thanks very much, great work!
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123steve View Post
This thing is fantastic!
Trying to figure out what the upper row of controls with, "HQ" and others mean.
The manual doesn't mention the upper row symbols...
Can you resize it also?
thanks very much, great work!
I believe HQ stands for oversampling, followed by random and undo.

I might be wrong, though...

Anyway, judging by the video, it sounds really really good. I like what I hear.
Old 7th February 2019
Gear Guru

So, for once, I acted on the feeling of 'no, you should NOT buy any more compressors!' in at least so much as downloading the demo first to make sure I actually 'need' this thing. And then unfortunately I got stuck in a ridiculous sea of twitchiness that just made me think fcuk this.

It does seem very cool, but man, if you have a demo, make it USEABLE or don't bother. I would like to try this again with a demo that doesn't twitch out on me literally every two seconds like the computer is overloading, but like this my brain can't cope.
Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Fix the demo please,,
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear
This compressor is a lot of fun. It's working GREAT on trombones, saxes and bass in a big band TV theme. I know that's not a typical usage for most people It also created a very nice presence on the bass for a Latin funk band. Yes, the demo dropouts are somewhat irritating, but I was able get a pretty good idea of what it's doing. I don't think it's going to work on every source, but I will be purchasing because when it works, it's great. I definitely think it's worth demoing.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi guys,
what problems are you having with the demo? We have a 3 seconds dropout every minute since our first plugin and we never had complains about the demo being unusable.

Cheers,
Luca
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Nut

I couldn’t get past the register screen, but I was able to tweak the settings without the GUI.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPani View Post
I couldn’t get past the register screen, but I was able to tweak the settings without the GUI.
That's strange. The top-right "X" in the register screen should close it. Does the screen stays up even if you click that?

Luca
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Nut

Sorry Luca, it closes just fine - I need glasses.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority View Post
Hi guys,
what problems are you having with the demo? We have a 3 seconds dropout every minute since our first plugin and we never had complains about the demo being unusable.

Cheers,
Luca
I am getting clicky spikes of sound every couple of seconds or three.
Old 8th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi Karloff,

that's not supposed to happen. Please, get in touch with me at info<at>audiority.com with some details about your OS version and your DAW.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
Luca
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

Why have the dropout’s in the demo? It’s funny how it sound’s when you have a 6-7 working.
Please fix the dropout’s
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Maniac

So apart from all the practical stuff, how do you like the sound of it? Personally i like it and will probably buy!

Its feels a bit odd reading that components modelled are used in guitar pedals etc but it just sounds so good on so many sources!
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

The idea of allowing user to mix/match components to come up with a custom circuit is such a cool idea.

Still use Echoes all the time. This one is on my list of things to demo.
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

my 8th plugin from audiority, got:
DELEIGHT
ECHOES
GRAINSPACE
HARMONIC MAXIMIZER
TUBE MODULATOR
XENOVERB
PRE X7

and now this great
LDC2
superb overdrive, super musical, lots of character

29$?
thank you for your prices Audiority,
& i really like your plugins a lot !
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Addict

I just demo it. At first I didn't like that there was no attack release setting and so many optical cells.

But is it just me or is this compressor really flowing on drums when you compress them hard? When you really squash drums like 909s the attack release and their curve is super important and a pitta to set 100% right that the pumping supports the groove. I use the vtl5c8 cell mostly.

Especially the release feels very right easily with this thing like it's connecting the hihat hits soundwise. The only thing I have to do is use a high input level (input trim) to distort die transients or setup a fast compressor with fast attack after it to catch them. Otherwise I get to some nasty transient peaks. I also use only 80% wet to calm the peaks in additon. But after that there is is problem anymore.

Would be interested of others feel the same and I'm wondering what the magic is with this compressor topology in this regard.

Is it a classic optical la2a stlye or something completely different?
Old 9th February 2019
Gear Guru

Feels closer to a more adjustable Orange Squeezer guitar pedal to me. That's a good thing to my mind. Might just have to buy it and get rid of the demo....
Old 9th February 2019
Lives for gear

The side chain input gain controls are wild.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

i am downloading the demo right now.
how is it on cpu?
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

This is an ok plug but Kush Novatron is better (and I tested thoroughly).
But like always, nothing is always best on everything...
Old 11th February 2019
Yea to plug a hole in the toilet tank no plug plugs like Novatron (especially the expander section). This has been tested by dentists on every source known to man and against every other plug known to man. So trust me - i'm a doctor. Apply Dr. Bronn's magic syrup to all your audio NOW.
Old 11th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Hey guys,
thanks for your very positive feedback on LDC2!

In the meanwhile, we have received a lot of questions about how many samples has been used in our analog modeled plugins. The answer is ZERO. We just use old good math to simulate the circuits.

Cheers,
Luca
Old 11th February 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiority View Post
Hey guys,
thanks for your very positive feedback on LDC2!

In the meanwhile, we have received a lot of questions about how many samples has been used in our analog modeled plugins. The answer is ZERO. We just use old good math to simulate the circuits.

Cheers,
Luca
After what you pulled off with Echoes you can do no wrong in my book.

Only got so far here as to see the demo works fine on windows7-reaper, and the idea to have attack-release settings via various opto cells seems like an original and fun concept. Rock steady!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search