The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
SKnote release TwinR Tube Guitar Amplifier - A detailed model from pickup to speaker.
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

SKnote release TwinR Tube Guitar Amplifier - A detailed model from pickup to speaker.

Available for all the main platforms (VST/AU/AAX/Mac/Win/32/64 bit), TwinR is the emulation of one of the most revered guitar amplifiers of all times.

Developed on the deepest possible component level (guitar pickup, preamplification, final stages, power supply, transformer, speakers) without the use of any "black-box" sampling systems, completed with a dynamic model of the cabinet and speakers and with a list of possible microphone models and positions, with an internal Tremolo (100% real circuits, as a final stage bias control modulation), an internal spring reverb (with tube buffering/driving), two options for the guitar pickup, TwinR is a pleasure to play and a treasure for re-amping engineers.
The internal "Tone Stack" (three bands EQ), modeled on a component level, offers great control on the sound, starting from the famous "scooped mids" balance.

From clean sounds to overdriven. Great on virtual or hardware effects like overdrive and modulations.

On the clean side: this is our friend Ennio having some fun with two passes through two settings. Reverb is the internal spring reverb. EQ and Tremolo used.

TwinR - Jazzy Clean Playing

Some relaxed playing with Sergio's Telecaster through TwinR with basic settings:

TwinR - Relaxed Telecaster

Available NOW on www.sknoteaudio.com

Launch MSRP 29.99$ (or less if you have webshop credits available in your wallet).

Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Here we go with a nice video with clean guitar sounds:

Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

Promising Rhodes candidate as well as clean play indicates, congrats.

Can the mic be positioned freely (it`s just one, right?)
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Position and model selected ftom 28 in a list.
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Position and model selected ftom 28 in a list.
Gotcha, thanks
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Here we go with a nice video with clean guitar sounds:

That's a really sweet sound Q, super subtle playing as well
I really don't want to be buying more stuff but this is kinda irresistible ...
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by omkar View Post
Gotcha, thanks
Sorry, I wasn't at office

There are these 28 combinations of models and mics. We choose not to fake intermediate positions by interpolation because at the end only the good sounding ones matter and also after some use 28 appear to be too many

There are combinations of multiple mics, too.
Old 5th February 2019
Here for the gear

So excited to try this out after work, along with the C2 Chorus! Hopefully it can overtake S-gear or Amplitube Fender Custom Twin for cleans.

Does this require iLok?
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

No, nothing required.
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmos View Post
So excited to try this out after work, along with the C2 Chorus! Hopefully it can overtake S-gear or Amplitube Fender Custom Twin for cleans.

Does this require iLok?
Yes TwinR & C2, very tempting!
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Nut
Finally
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Having Treble and Mid both at 10 freak the plugin out. It makes a weird distortion sound (not the intended distortion sound), and then when you stop playing, it sounds like an alien spaceship taking off and won't stop until those dials are turned down. Win7 64bit.
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Sorry, I wasn't at office

There are these 28 combinations of models and mics. We choose not to fake intermediate positions by interpolation because at the end only the good sounding ones matter and also after some use 28 appear to be too many

There are combinations of multiple mics, too.
No problem, I got the basic idea on the short reply.
The extended one`s appreciated and multiple mics I call good news.
Thanks for additional clarification.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Was there an update since i got my TwinR / Deluxe1 plugins? A short look on the site and i noticed i can't find the place where updates would be found...
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachaction View Post
Having Treble and Mid both at 10 freak the plugin out. It makes a weird distortion sound (not the intended distortion sound), and then when you stop playing, it sounds like an alien spaceship taking off and won't stop until those dials are turned down. Win7 64bit.
Could you please write to quintosardo at yahoo dot it? We'll check this and try to make it happen here. Maybe sharing a bit of audio
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by frans View Post
Was there an update since i got my TwinR / Deluxe1 plugins? A short look on the site and i noticed i can't find the place where updates would be found...
Deluxe1: you have the current version.

TwinR: uploaded yesterday.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Deluxe1: you have the current version.

TwinR: uploaded yesterday.
...huh? What version of TwinR do i have if that was uploaded yesterday?
I'm confused. I have a "TwinR" (???) that came with my Deluxe1.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

You should replace the version you have with the one online now
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Allright, logged in to my account in the Sknote.com webshop, downloaded. Will install the plugin on my studio computer later, when i get there and then report back. Thanks, Quinto!
Edit: all's fine, played around with it a bit and didn't notice that much difference - i'm not a guitar player and don't have to rely on ampsims for the main part of tones. I heard way, way worse/resonant/static/funny sounding for a lot more money. Thumbs up, Quinto!

Last edited by frans; 7th February 2019 at 10:23 AM..
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Hey let me know the sound and feelings you get
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quinto, I e-mailed you as requested with a sound sample and am posting it here as well to see if others can reproduce it. All I did was crank the gain, treble, and middle to 10 and the problems came immediately (and repeatedly).

At the beginning of the file, I crank the gain to 10, the treble to 10, and the middle to 10. All other dials are left at default. You can immediately hear the unpleasant distortion, and you can hear the "alien noise" briefly at 10 seconds when I stop playing, and then again at 19 seconds when I completely stop. I then adjust the middle button, which leads to the alien noise changing like an analog radio dial. Then I put the middle back to 10 and start playing again at 36 seconds, leading to the distortion and the alien noise again.
Attached Files

TWINIR.mp3 (1.91 MB, 3487 views)

Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Oh, sorry, I meant if you can send a bit of the input file (pre-Twin) so we can test on the same source here.
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Here we go with a simple demo video. Playing through both TwinR and Deluxe1 together, three guitar parts in a simple arrangement.

Using Sweet Honey overdrive (virtual) to add distortion.

Old 7th February 2019
Lives for gear

Mac VST/AU version repèlaced online (now reports the right ID).

Checking those few installs with stability issues.
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

Talking about the cabinet part. While this model contains the cabinet as an integral part of the model (this is the reason why it is always on), we are adding the option to tune the cabinet part to your IRs if you want. It loads the IR but, instead of a basic, static convolution (which actually is simply a static equalisation), it sets the cabinet part to average to the loaded IR.

We are talking with Celestion to also add official versions of their speakers.

Any thought or request about this?

Meanwhile, while very happy with all this first "semi-clean" range of amps and all the new pedals, we are working on our sound-analysis series in the blog, focusing on '70s prog-rock (all instruments, not just the guitar).
This is one song I really love for its sounds and overall sound (and the music, of course).
They are the all-Italian PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi).
I wonder how many people today are still interested in this kind of sound.

(Note: if you don't know the song, wait or skip to 3:40 for the core with its super-warm sound. And yes, we are working on a new Mello, too).

P.S. The bass part in this song is just beautiful.
Old 8th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Talking about the cabinet part. While this model contains the cabinet as an integral part of the model (this is the reason why it is always on), we are adding the option to tune the cabinet part to your IRs if you want. It loads the IR but, instead of a basic, static convolution (which actually is simply a static equalisation), it sets the cabinet part to average to the loaded IR.
Awesome! I don't understand how you can average an IR but it sounds impressive.

Quote:
Bloody awesome. I love the Celestion IRs, and I've been super impressed with Deluxe1 (TwinR not yet purchased but will be soon) so this sounds like a great combination.
Old 10th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Any thought or request about this?
The possibility of direct out meaning cab bypassed?
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Nut

How are we supposed to use your pedal effects with these amps as there's no way to load them between the modelled pickup and amp
Old 10th February 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
They are the all-Italian PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi).
I wonder how many people today are still interested in this kind of sound.
I am.

Life long fan of Premiata, Locanda delle Fate, Museo Rosenbach, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso and Le Orme here.

Italy has produced MANY amazing prog bands in the seventies. Too bad that a lot of people don't know them.

Cheers!
Old 10th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarikusBrainz View Post
How are we supposed to use your pedal effects with these amps as there's no way to load them between the modelled pickup and amp
I didn't really know that was what I'm supposed to do... I just put the pedals wherever they sound best, sometimes in front of the amp and sometimes after it. Technically I guess you're probably right, but I just do what I want to do and if ti sounds good to me, I'm happy
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search