The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Trident Audio introduces two new consoles!
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Trident Audio introduces two new consoles!

Trident Audio introduces the new Series 68 console...

The Series 68 analog consoles have been developed to deliver the core feature set most often needed for analog recording. The 68’s are Split/lnline consoles with individual channels in 8-way panels. Using an 8 subgroup configuration and incorporating 6 Aux sends, its routing options are vast and simple to use. Connections are fast and easy with DB-25’s throughout the board and XLR’s for Master and Main outputs. With a flexible yet powerful 3 band EQ at its core, including selectable channel inserts and monolithic preamps driving the inputs, the Series 68 consoles offer a wide array of summing and mixing options. The sonic quality and compact footprint of the 68’s are able to meet any demand.

Starting at $12,500.00 for the 16 input, and $15,500.00 for the 24 input, these are the most affordable Trident Consoles ever to hit the market...
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

why does the title say "two new consoles"?
Old 5th February 2019
Mastering Moderator

Maybe he is referring to the 16 and 24 input versions?
Pics?
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post
why does the title say "two new consoles"?
My bad... I did not get around to putting up the other new console. The Trident Series 88C...

Trident 88 Custom – Trident Audio Developments

I will try to get it posted as soon as I can....
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

The 24.8 88c is 15.5k??
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Talus View Post
The 24.8 88c is 15.5k??
Ummm no! $55K with Producers Desk...
Old 6th February 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanhyatt View Post
Ummm no! $55K with Producers Desk...
My bad. Clicked on your link, thinking that was one of your OP consoles
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
why a 3-band eq?!
It's a 4 band... and very flexible. The picture on the main page of the EQ section cuts off the two knobs for the Hi section (Freq and Cut/Boost) for some reason. Go to the config page and zoom in.

Some info lifted from the site...

"A 4 band fully sweepable Trident EQ is at the core of this console. Every channel not only has a full EQ but also a Tilt EQ on the Monitor section. In addition there is the ability to switch the full EQ from the Input path to the Monitor path. Furthermore the EQ has its own independent Insert. Like the preamp you can also insert to the EQ path and either bypass the EQ for any other outboard EQ or use them in conjunction with each other."
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
It's a 4 band... and very flexible. The picture on the main page of the EQ section cuts off the two knobs for the Hi section (Freq and Cut/Boost) for some reason. Go to the config page and zoom in.

Some info lifted from the site...

"A 4 band fully sweepable Trident EQ is at the core of this console. Every channel not only has a full EQ but also a Tilt EQ on the Monitor section. In addition there is the ability to switch the full EQ from the Input path to the Monitor path. Furthermore the EQ has its own independent Insert. Like the preamp you can also insert to the EQ path and either bypass the EQ for any other outboard EQ or use them in conjunction with each other."

i was referring to the '68's series (according to the webpage):

The 68’s incorporate an all-new 3 Band EQ derived from the Series 80 Console EQ. As the main channel EQ throughout the console.

A three band Trident EQ with overlapping frequency ranges is provided along with a switchable high pass filer. The HIGH and LOW sections of the equalizer have a shelving response and the MID has a peaking (bell) response with two selectable bandwidth settings.

• Selectable high bands at 8k and 12k
• Sweepable High and Low Mids
• Selectable low bands at 60Hz and 120Hz
• Selectable bandwidth between 1 and 1/3rd octave
• 50Hz High Pass Filter
• Selectable Channel Insert

i know, costs etc. but in my book, any 3-band eq is a serious reason NOT to consider a new desk (but go with an older desk and spend money on servicing)

---

no doubt it's a nice desk though! just not my cup of tea...
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
i was referring to the '68's series
Sorry about that. I went to the 88c page and saw the chopped off image of the EQ section, making it look like 3 bands. Anyway... Will leave my post above in case it catches anyone else out.

Cheers
Old 6th February 2019
Lives for gear

They gotta tidy some shiz up on their site. In the 68 section, it states (as you correctly quoted):
Quote:
Selectable high bands at 8k and 12k
• Sweepable High and Low Mids
• Selectable low bands at 60Hz and 120Hz

• Selectable bandwidth between 1 and 1/3rd octave
• 50Hz High Pass Filter
• Selectable Channel Insert
All three bands are sweepable, not selectable.

Anyway... nice looking kit, Trident.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search