The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TC Electronic launches JUNE-60 Chorus
Old 28th January 2019
News Desk Editor

TC Electronic launches JUNE-60 Chorus-june-60_p0d8e_right_b.png

Old school bucket brigade stereo chorus

TC Electronic’s new June-60 chorus pedal will keep anyone with an itch for 80s retro-wave tones satiated, until the next season of Stranger Things drops.

Ported from the iconic chorus circuit found in one the most sought after vintage synths, June-60 serves up chewy, vintage chorus in a tasteful design.

Vintage analog modulation
The all-analog bucket brigade circuit is fine-tuned for guitar and produces warm, pulsating modulation with an organic, old school tone and feel.

Just like the original circuit, June-60 comes with two chorus mode buttons - 1 is a sweet and mellow chorus that works wonders for strumming chords, while 2 unleashes a faster, throatier tone, perfect for melodic, Beatle-esque arpeggios.

The two modes can be stacked together for some swirling, slightly eccentric. dual-LFO action that's just begging for some soaring, psychedelic lead work.

Featuring a mono/stereo switch, June-60 lets you use a TRS split cable to achieve that widening, larger-than-life lushness of a stereo setup.

For more information: JUNE-60 | Stompboxes | Guitar | TC Electronic | Categories | MUSIC Group - TC Electronic
Attached Thumbnails
TC Electronic launches JUNE-60 Chorus-june-60_p0d8e_right_b.png  
Old 28th January 2019
Gear Nut
Haha... that thing is funny!
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Boss Dimension D... So this... Mkay
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugist View Post
Haha... that thing is funny!

what's so funny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Boss Dimension D... So this... Mkay
what does this have to do with the Dim D?
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
[CENTER]
The all-analog bucket brigade circuit is fine-tuned for guitar
hmmm... wanted this for keys. Would have preferred the original "fine-tune"
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

I was maybe still am excited for this but the recent NAMM and post NAMM demos have me feeling meh. At the price point it really doesn’t matter I guess and the preorder is still in my cart but...I’m sure in person it’ll sound aces with, say, a Crave or a Microfreak ie the new synth armada that don’t have effects.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcecil View Post
Does that mean it won't work with synth signal levels?

That would be very disappointing, I was looking forward to it.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux99 View Post
Does that mean it won't work with synth signal levels?

That would be very disappointing, I was looking forward to it.
yeah, it won't work at all when you plug in anything else than a guitar.

c'mon people.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post

c'mon people.
What kind of answer is that?
I don't own any guitar pedals and have no experience with them. At the same time I have read that not every guitar pedal works well with line level signals, so my question seems sensible to me.

If you know better then please give a sensible answer.
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fxs View Post

c'mon people.
of course it will "work" with keys, but the line response will be wrong and it will eq'ed for guitar. It's the same reason they make bass guitar pedals. The frequency domain is different. There are tons of keyboard sounds that it will likely sound great on.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
of course it will "work" with keys, but the line response will be wrong and it will eq'ed for guitar. It's the same reason they make bass guitar pedals. The frequency domain is different. There are tons of keyboard sounds that it will likely sound great on.
It’s not eq, it’s impedance and level which are different from instrument (guitar/bass) and line (synths/audio outboard gear). Mis-matched will pass audio, but it will tend to be noisy and thin.

Can someone tell me definitively if this is a line level or instrument level device? It’s cool either way, but less cool for synth nerds if it is made for instrument level.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterinn View Post
It’s not eq, it’s impedance and level
Although EQ is admittedly a bit of a misnomer , it is actually both. As part of the signal processing load changes, the resistors/caps in the signal chain will get adjusted which usually rolls off some high end which will accentuate the core frequency response of a guitar. This causes keyboards to sound boxy or overly swampy (very technical term) at the bottom end.

When I read the quote about being fine tuned for guitar, that sounds like they really shaped the frequency response with a purpose. I could be wrong. I haven't heard the device.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Although EQ is admittedly a bit of a misnomer , it is actually both. As part of the signal processing load changes, the resistors/caps in the signal chain will get adjusted which usually rolls off some high end which will accentuate the core frequency response of a guitar. This causes keyboards to sound boxy or overly swampy (very technical term) at the bottom end.

When I read the quote about being fine tuned for guitar, that sounds like they really shaped the frequency response with a purpose. I could be wrong. I haven't heard the device.
I didn't see that quote about being tuned for guitar. Bummer. We've got a thousand great guitar analog chorus pedals, and very few line-level chorus ones.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterinn View Post
I didn't see that quote about being tuned for guitar. Bummer. We've got a thousand great guitar analog chorus pedals, and very few line-level chorus ones.
yeah, my response was completely shaped by that quote. And I agree completely your assessment .. hence my post
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

I would also add that there are also a bazzillion guitar pedals that sound great with synths. No one ever complained about a small stone on anything. So, this could be brilliant with keys as well. I have no idea. It just struck me odd that they would tout the fact that they shaped a "keyboard specific" effect to guitar.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear
Some guitar pedals take keyboards just fine IMO. It's a matter of experimenting. For the ones that don't, there are always reamp boxes. I was running a mono out from my Roland System-8, to a Radial EXTC-SA into a Big Muff Triangle reissue earlier this week and it sounded awesome.
Old 31st January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Some guitar pedals take keyboards just fine IMO. It's a matter of experimenting. For the ones that don't, there are always reamp boxes. I was running a mono out from my Roland System-8, to a Radial EXTC-SA into a Big Muff Triangle reissue earlier this week and it sounded awesome.
If you look at my post just before yours, I say exactly the same thing. I’m not suggesting that this will sound bad or not work with keyboards. So I hope no one thinks I’m saying it’s some kind of fail or something. I don’t know how it sounds on a synth even. So how could I make that kind of assessment?

I was just surprised at the line in the description. It seems odd to take something that is clearly for keyboards and voice it for guitars, when I’ll bet there are a gazillion keyboard players jonesing to stack one of those on their outputs.

It’s likely much ado about nothing. Heck, I could be misunderstanding what they mean and just putting in stuff to instrument level instead of line level. Which as I stated before, still has a tendency to do the high roll off + mid hump thing. But, again if anyone thinks I was saying something bad about this box, I didn’t mean it that way.

I’ll likely still buy one.
Old 1st February 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Press Desk View Post
...circuit is fine-tuned for guitar...

...perfect for melodic, Beatle-esque arpeggios...
TC seem very confused about who would be interested in buying a Juno 60 chorus clone.

Not sure why they chose to market this to guitar players. Hopefully it's just marketing and they haven't done anything to the circuit that would make it not work well on synths. I can't imagine many of the people buying this want to use it with guitar.

Despite the clueless marketing, unless they really screwed this up sonically, it's still gonna sell like hotcakes.
Old 4th February 2019
Lives for gear

I hope this sounds good. I have a Juno 60, and every time I use it I silently wish for a guitar version of the Chorus. Clearly I'm not alone.
Old 5th February 2019
Gear Maniac

Anyone noticed this before? TAL Software

and its ... free.
Old 5th February 2019
Lives for gear

Its damn good too. My fave ITB chorus for fat warm and obvious chorus.
Old 1st October 2019
Lives for gear

Oh dear.
Old 10th October 2019
FWIW: If you already own a JUNE-60 Chorus for use with keys, you should at least experiment with using it as a very natural-sounding Mono-> Stereo Expander.

Plug a synth into the Input and plug some stereo headphones into the Output.

Leave both the I and II buttons Off, with the switch set to STEREO. Then, toggle the Bypass footswitch Off and On.

You'll get a volume boost, but you'll also get a "no artifacts" natural-sounding expanded stereo field with no periodic modulation.

I own lots of pedals and rack effects, and none of them can do this simple subtle thing without making it obvious that you've turned an effect on.

Like I said, if you already own one, it's definitely worth trying.
Old 10th October 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by CasimirsBlake View Post

Oh dear.
Oh my, is that what they sound like? That sounded more like a CE-1 in vibrato mode (almost leslie-like) than a Juno chorus.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search