The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
MOTU announces Digital Performer 10
Old 20th October 2019
  #91
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
The one advantage of M53 is it can read nearly any sampler format, and Falcon cannot. So it's still useful as a sampler converter here.
I thought I could import old Roland sampler libraries into MAchFive and Falcon but seems I am mistaken, at least directly. Just tried and the mac computer will not even see a Roland sample disk. Now that I think about it I had some kind of conversion software that allowed the MAC OS to even see the disk first and then MachFive could see it or the software converted it. This was a long time ago - Its was something like that. Probably no longer available for the new operation systems. Glad I converted so many disks back in the day. Not much help for others now though.
Old 21st October 2019
  #92
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

Mate, you have to look at / for the discs through M5. The OS won't see them, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
The one advantage of M53 is it can read nearly any sampler format, and Falcon cannot. So it's still useful as a sampler converter here.
Yup, and that's the main reason why I bought it early on and planned for it to be my one-and-only "sampler".

I'm still holding out on buying anything else in the hope that MOTU will update it again. I don't even care if the GUI and workflow are significantly altered, as may be necessary given the UVI involvement, as long as I have that "universal" compatibility...
Old 23rd October 2019
  #93
Lives for gear
Someone over at motunation says MOTU let them know an update is coming out soon. Great news, I like Reaper OK, but DP is way more elegant.
Old 24th October 2019
  #94
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

Thanks for the heads-up, MC!
Old 4 weeks ago
  #95
Lives for gear
Looks like interesting stuff coming to DP after the M4 audio interfaces come out.
The interfaces are coming with a new "Perfomer Lite" and the interface looks like a combination of the Clips Window and the Sequence Editor with what appears to be MIDI regions?

https://cdn-data.motu.com/django_pro...sampling-2.jpg
Old 4 weeks ago
  #96
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Looks like interesting stuff coming to DP after the M4 audio interfaces come out.
The interfaces are coming with a new "Perfomer Lite" and the interface looks like a combination of the Clips Window and the Sequence Editor with what appears to be MIDI regions?

https://cdn-data.motu.com/django_pro...sampling-2.jpg
The gui enhancements here are nice. Would be interested to try it out. Their old version of Performer Lite (AudioDesk) couldn't handle MIDI.

What's also interesting is that they bundle Ableton Live Lite.
Old 4 weeks ago
  #97
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Mastering View Post
The gui enhancements here are nice. Would be interested to try it out. Their old version of Performer Lite (AudioDesk) couldn't handle MIDI.

What's also interesting is that they bundle Ableton Live Lite.
yeah I'm somewhat curious about that as well, Live pretty much ships with every hardware controllers and audio card out there, but MOTU just swung into Clips territory recently, seems like a blatant stab at Ableton customers, then they partner with them? Probably both companies think their product is so much better that it's inconsequential?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #98
Lives for gear
Short video on Performer Lite. I'm certain these features are coming to DP10, everything looks great to me.

Old 3 weeks ago
  #99
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinesworking View Post
Short video on Performer Lite. I'm certain these features are coming to DP10, everything looks great to me.

hopefully motu drops the 'digital' part of DP and returns to the "Performer" brand across the board. could signal a fresh start.

loving how things look in Performer Lite... no tracks window?
Old 3 weeks ago
  #100
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

That's my only concern, mate.

The TO is where I live in DP; everything else is a temporary excursion, and I'd be lost without it.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #101
Lives for gear
Looking at Performer Lites new icons for selecting edit windows, you're only getting four windows. In no way do I think DP10 will only have four windows. I doubt the Tracks window is going anywhere, or the full blown MIDI editor, or Waveform editor etc. etc. Performer Lite doesn't seem as cut down as some other Lite versions of DAWs, (like Live, Bitwig etc.), so these types of features is probably where it's different.

I'm just a little annoyed that Performer Lite came out before DP10 gets these features though, the free version that comes with an audio card gets Clip recording before the paid version?? MOTU are taking a page from Apples early mistakes beefing up Garageband before Logic. I get that the Lite version was probably easier to debug but come on? Gimme!!
Old 3 weeks ago
  #102
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

LOL I hear ya, MC.

No doubt it was related to the timing of the new interfaces. No point delaying their release 'til DP's point update; that'd be pissing money down the can.

Bear in mind that they might've wanted to take advantage of the relatively-clear air prior to the BF frenzy.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #103
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Man View Post
LOL I hear ya, MC.
No doubt it was related to the timing of the new interfaces. No point delaying their release 'til DP's point update; that'd be pissing money down the can.

Bear in mind that they might've wanted to take advantage of the relatively-clear air prior to the BF frenzy.
In terms of selling M4 and 2's? that makes sense.
I'm just annoyed at not getting the update yet, and hoping they don't stall it until NAMM for whatever dammed reason? They can generate more hype for it in conjunction with these new interfaces IMO, but whatever.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #104
Lives for gear
 
Monkey Man's Avatar
 

Agreed MC, and that's essentially what I'm saying.

IOW, the plan may have been for simultaneous releases (DP, DP Lite and hardware), but the pre-BF window might've forced their hand when they might've otherwise held out a little longer for the DP update to be fully-ready.

It matters not from our perspective of course; I know you're super-keen, and whilst I don't even have any audio software installed (plus I was on DP8 last time I did), I'm more-than-curious to see what goodies the team has cooked up for us.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump