The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Arturia introduces new AudioFuse range of audio interfaces
Old 24th January 2019
News Desk Editor

Arturia introduces new AudioFuse range of audio interfaces-unnamed-5-.jpg

To coincide with the 2019 NAMM Show in Anaheim CA, French music technology experts Arturia are set to announce two new AudioFuse interfaces and a companion software collection.

Now a comprehensive range of audio interfaces, AudioFuse, AudioFuse Studio, and AudioFuse 8Pre are high-end, feature-packed audio interfaces for everyone; from the bedroom musician to the pro studio engineer. A perfect mix of workflow enhancing features, premium sound quality, and smart design.

All models of AudioFuse will also give users access to the AudioFuse Creative Suite, an ever-growing collection of superb software effects and instruments.

AudioFuse
  • $699 / 599€
  • Available now
  • A compact, 2 preamp portable interface with supreme connectivity, dual monitoring options, guitar reamping, inserts, ADAT i/o, talkback, vinyl preamp, and a protective lid. The perfect recording and monitoring solution for musicians who demand the best, but have limited space.

AudioFuse Studio
  • $999 / 899€
  • Available Summer 2019
  • The most versatile desktop interface ever made, AudioFuse Studio features 4 DiscretePRO® preamp inputs, huge connectivity, dedicated speaker A/B switching, twin headphone outputs, talkback, a high quality Bluetooth receiver, and even a protective cover.

AudioFuse 8Pre
  • $799 / 699€
  • Available Spring 2019
  • A high-spec 8 channel dual mode interface/ADAT expander in a studio-friendly rack format. Expand your ADAT-enabled interface with 8 channels of pristine DiscretePRO® analog audio, or use it as a dedicated USB-C interface with exceptional performance and quality.

Introducing the AudioFuse Creative Suite
AudioFuse, AudioFuse Studio, and AudioFuse 8Pre will also unlock access to the AudioFuse Creative Suite, an exciting new collection of software titles that will let users add their own unique signature to their music. Combining favorites from Arturia’s award-winning “You’ll Actually Use” series with Analog Lab Lite, AudioFuse owners can enjoy legendary signal processing effects and iconic synth sounds. Color the pristine DiscretePRO inputs with stunning vintage effects!

AudioFuse, AudioFuse Studio, and AudioFuse 8Pre will be available to view at NAMM 2019, with demonstrations from AudioFuse expert and project manager Martin Dutasta.

AudioFuse is available to purchase at retailers worldwide, while AudioFuse 8Pre and AudioFuse Studio will be available to order in Spring and Summer 2019 respectively.

For more information about AudioFuse 8Pre, visit the Arturia website
Arturia - Your Experience, Your Sound
Attached Thumbnails
Arturia introduces new AudioFuse range of audio interfaces-unnamed-5-.jpg  
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

I have to say, 8pre looks very good.
It's nice, they mention ADAT I/O expander usage from the start and that there is simple button for switching between interface and standalone mode. Two ADAT sockets - S/MUX up to 96k.
That could be very nice alternative for people, who would like to have very good low latency performance from ADAT PCIe card like RME RayDat, Marian Seraph or RME Digiface USB and looking for something well equipped with DACs, analog outputs, built-in monitor controller facilities (it has even switchable A/B pairs).
Proper balanced insert points for first two channels, per channel switchable polarity flips and phantom at front panel buttons are also really cool features for this category.

It can be really good competition for Clarett Octopre or Presonus DP88

Michal
Old 25th January 2019
Here for the gear
This looks like very promising products.
What will be the standalone functions of the Audiofuse Studio out from the Bluetooth. Will it be possible to Mix the input Analog signal with the Computer (like it seems to be on the Audiofuse?)?

Thank you!
Old 25th January 2019
News Desk Editor

Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

The Studio model has got my attention. I've been looking at the Audient iD44 and really like it. It's nice to see companies add inserts, seriously it just makes it less hassle when patching outboard. So looking this over it's got 2 more preamps than the iD44 and S/PDIF, and both have ADAT. Yeah the dynamic range is higher with the Audient but I don't get hung up on that spec too much. Word clock, reamp...ah even MIDI for the Studio. All in all they are pretty close so this will be interesting. If they can meet that summer delivery time great, but this has become a difficult thing for some manufacturers. The question in my head is going to be...is the Studio worth $300 more than the iD44.

Good job Arturia!
Old 28th January 2019
Gear Maniac

8 pre looks very interesting, but the adat expansion is unclear as to whether it works for just the mic pres or whether you can use it's outputs via the adat in..

Can you please confirm this and also if you can route the adat inputs to the headphone outs?

If so then this is definitely on my list!
Old 28th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezed16 View Post
8 pre looks very interesting, but the adat expansion is unclear as to whether it works for just the mic pres or whether you can use it's outputs via the adat in..

Can you please confirm this and also if you can route the adat inputs to the headphone outs?

If so then this is definitely on my list!
Hi,

In ADAT Mode the routing of the 8Pre is :

- 8 Analog Inputs straight into ADAT Out 1-8
- 8 ADAT Inputs straight into Analog Outputs 1-8

You can extend your current setup with 8 more preamps and 8 more analog outs simply with 2 ADAT connections.

ADAT In 1-2 is routed to the headphones out when the source is set to Main and the internal mixer when set to Cue (where you can blend all Analog and ADAT Inputs).

Matthieu
Old 28th January 2019
Lives for gear

The Studio looks very interesting, if it works standalone. My favourite interface is the SPL Crimson and the Studio looks very similar - I love to have plenty of control direct on the hardware - but offers even more.
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear
Hi Matthieu what about the standalone functions from the interface?
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundrage View Post
The Studio model has got my attention. I've been looking at the Audient iD44 and really like it.

It's nice to see companies add inserts, seriously it just makes it less hassle when patching outboard. So looking this over it's got 2 more preamps than the iD44 and S/PDIF, and both have ADAT.

Yeah the dynamic range is higher with the Audient but I don't get hung up on that spec too much. Word clock, reamp...ah even MIDI for the Studio. All in all they are pretty close so this will be interesting. If they can meet that summer delivery time great, but this has become a difficult thing for some manufacturers. The question in my head is going to be...is the Studio worth $300 more than the iD44.

Good job Arturia!
Both the Audient iD44 and AudioFuse Studio have just 4 mic preamps. The AF Studio adds 2 more INSERTS (for a total of 4), instead of just 2 total on the iD44, which is something I complained about to Audient when wanting to upgrade from the iD22 to the new iD44.

Both have SPDIF I/O, or Dual ADAT (S/MUX) to allow for 8 additional channels at 96kHz via ADAT.

Internally, the iD44 maxes out at 24/96 in the interface itself, whereas the AudioFuse will do 24/192 via its 4 included mic preamp/line inputs (another complaint I had about the Audient).

And, of course, the AudioFuse adds MIDI I/O and also a built-in stereo phono/turntable preamp input, both of which are missing on the Audient.

The microphone preamps on the AF Studio also have considerably more gain at 72db as opposed to the Audient's 60dB. And in use, I found that the preamp noise rose considerably when pushed up to the last 15% or so using the iD22/44 pre's.

@ Matthieu Arturia

Is the Bluetooth connectivity in the AudioFuse Studio using at least Bluetooth v4.2 with the latest Qualcomm chipset which provides Apt-X CSR or Apt-X HD high-quality music streaming??? Or is it still just good old Lossy AAC?

And it looks like Arturia finally got smart and made the new AudioFuse Studio quite a bit larger (more than twice the size of two original AudioFuse units put together), and also added quite a few air vents to aid in cooling.

On the original AudioFuse, there is just way too much packed into too small of a chassis, which made the entire unit become incredibly hot, especially when plugged into its included mains/wall wart power supply! My personal unit, and every review I read about or viewed complained about this issue. I'm glad that it looks like they might have addressed it this time.

Arturia also switched to the new USB Type-C connector on the newer interfaces... finally! IMO the Micro-USB connection on the original AudioFuse was a terrible idea and a VERY weak link. IME, the USB cables that Arturia supplied we're also quite poor and caused lost connections regularly.

Too bad the connection protocol still doesn't include Thunderbolt 3 over the USB Type-C connection. :( If I'm not mistaken, all of the AudioFuse line are still just operating as USB 2.0 interfaces. I can understand wanting to retain USB class compliance, but at some point we've got to move forward.
Old 16th February 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu Arturia View Post
Hi,

In ADAT Mode the routing of the 8Pre is :

- 8 Analog Inputs straight into ADAT Out 1-8
- 8 ADAT Inputs straight into Analog Outputs 1-8

You can extend your current setup with 8 more preamps and 8 more analog outs simply with 2 ADAT connections.

ADAT In 1-2 is routed to the headphones out when the source is set to Main and the internal mixer when set to Cue (where you can blend all Analog and ADAT Inputs).

Matthieu

Matthieu,

Thank you for the quick response.

So, using the 8Pre, if I route up to 8 outboard Line Level signals into the LINE inputs via the rear XLR/TRS combo jacks, do the line level signals Completely Bypass the 8Pre's internal Microphone Preamps and instead would be routed DIRECTLY to the 8Pre's A/D converters, which then go to the 8Pre's optical ADAT outputs?

i.e. If I want to use my existing Millennia HV-3D 8-channel microphone preamps, can I route their 8 analog line level outputs to the analog line level inputs of the 8Pre in order to achieve 8 channels of A/D conversion to the AudioFuse STUDIO interface & my DAW?

Second question...

In one of the YouTube videos I viewed from NAMM 2019, Martin mentioned that the Digital Converters have been Updated in the new units compared to the ones used in the original AudioFuse.

Can you tell us which AKM ADC's & DAC's are being used now in the Studio and 8pre???

Thanks
Old 16th February 2019
Seems like great pieces of hardware, but I'm also curious to see the software side of these things, which is crucial to a great interface these days.
Old 13th April 2019
Gear Head
So, from what I understand, the preamps have less gain then original audiofuse? Those are rated at 75dB of gain.

Edit: I see the new studio preamps are rated at 72, not 60dB of gain as I saw here
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Any updates on when the Studio unit will be available?
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundrage View Post
@ Matthieu Arturia

Same question here... in addition to when the 8pre will be available???
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Head
I hate it that they put USB 3 on studio, on-off switch, and bluetooth. All three would have been great aditions to original Audiofuse
Old 1 week ago
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search