The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves introduces CLA MixHub Plugin
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortega67 View Post
For the channel strip thing I much prefer the scheps omni channel. No contest IMHO.
I do actually prefer the Omni myself. Though, I quite like the sounds of the E at times, it’s really the Buckets workflow that I found so powerful in MixHub. If only it came to the Omni.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

After a while I came back to Mixhub.

But for now I'm only using it as a simple channelstrip (not even touching that bucket stuff), I find I can navigate between channel strips far easier the old fashioned way.

It does somehow sound better than your regular plugin.

I remember CLA said in one of his interviews, don't remember exact words, but basically something about SSL being able to take out all the problems with the sound with just having audio passed through it. It's like it smooths it out somehow or something I don't know.

I kind of feel the same way.

I do use Lite version only for now except for vocals which get the full (waiting for that magical 5Ghz Ryzen3), but having it in stereo on all tracks and up to 15-20 instances of it seems to load CPU a lot less, on my ancient i5-4690 I'm yet to crest 70% in VST meter (Cubase 10 64-bit). Basically I can run as many instances as I need for my songs and not crash the system, so it's all good.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Nice idea but it freezes or crashes every day

Love the idea of Mixhub, only had it a week and every session I run into one of two issues.

1. It freezes in Bucket view
2. It crashes on loading

A new install or repair will fix it for a little while.... then same issue. I've tried it in different hosts to replicate the issue or isolate it to a specific DAW. It's the Mix Hub by all indications :(

I have emailed Waves with feedback and a request for help, see how that goes...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp4000 View Post
Love the idea of Mixhub, only had it a week and every session I run into one of two issues.

1. It freezes in Bucket view
2. It crashes on loading

A new install or repair will fix it for a little while.... then same issue. I've tried it in different hosts to replicate the issue or isolate it to a specific DAW. It's the Mix Hub by all indications :(

I have emailed Waves with feedback and a request for help, see how that goes...
Shouldn't be. There's something in your windows that doesn't get along with it, some missing or corrupt accessory software like, I don't know, c++ Redistributable or audio card driver any of that stuff that plugins frequently require. Or Asio driver. Could be anything. It's highly doubtful that Mixhub is broken although I hope Waves will be able to help you out.

The more I use it the more I like it. Can only afford Lite version for now, but I noticed I almost never feel the need to add anything before or after Mixhub on my tracks. Before I used to have 5-6 plugins easily trying to achieve the same sound. This somehow does it better and easier.

The downside is that, well, I max out my ASIO driver on pretty much all songs before I can add much else, so it's just Lite 100% and only basic additional plugins for now.

Never planned on upgrading my PC, but... July 7th. Ryzen 3900x. Just for Mixhub.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuieve View Post
Shouldn't be. There's something in your windows that doesn't get along with it, some missing or corrupt accessory software like, I don't know, c++ Redistributable or audio card driver any of that stuff that plugins frequently require. Or Asio driver. Could be anything. It's highly doubtful that Mixhub is broken although I hope Waves will be able to help you out.

The more I use it the more I like it. Can only afford Lite version for now, but I noticed I almost never feel the need to add anything before or after Mixhub on my tracks. Before I used to have 5-6 plugins easily trying to achieve the same sound. This somehow does it better and easier.

The downside is that, well, I max out my ASIO driver on pretty much all songs before I can add much else, so it's just Lite 100% and only basic additional plugins for now.

Never planned on upgrading my PC, but... July 7th. Ryzen 3900x. Just for Mixhub.
Me too,thanx to Mix Hub i'm planning to build a new pc.This thing really shines and excites me!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackers View Post
Me too,thanx to Mix Hub i'm planning to build a new pc.This thing really shines and excites me!
Yea, I'll need to build a new PC this year myself. Will shoot for the new 14 core i7. A year and a half search for a channel strip that I was willing to commit to led me to MixHub. It would have to be the channel strip that is likely the most cpu intensive of them all. But the sound justifies it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwr View Post
Yea, I'll need to build a new PC this year myself. Will shoot for the new 14 core i7.
I don't know your situation but I strongly suggest you check out the new $500 Ryzen 3900x before you commit to intel. AMD has no security issues, significantly improved latency, and most likely it will be FASTER than 14c Intel (and much faster with Intel with security patches) and cost like 1/3th of comparable Intel.

Upcoming 16 core ThreadRipper will most likely faster than 18-core Intel and STILL cost less, probably around $800 (vs ~$2000 Intel).

No reason to even look at Intel now unless you have some unhealthy attachment to the word "Intel".
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
I don't know your situation but I strongly suggest you check out the new $500 Ryzen 3900x before you commit to intel. AMD has no security issues, significantly improved latency, and most likely it will be FASTER than 14c Intel (and much faster with Intel with security patches) and cost like 1/3th of comparable Intel.

Upcoming 16 core ThreadRipper will most likely faster than 18-core Intel and STILL cost less, probably around $800 (vs ~$2000 Intel).

No reason to even look at Intel now unless you have some unhealthy attachment to the word "Intel".
There is something less efficient about the way they access cores for multi-tasking I think I remember reading. I have a friend who is quite pro AMD for years and builds DAWS for people. Uses both Intel and AMD. I may check in with him. I've had good luck with the intel DAWs for 25 years, so yea, might be a habit hard to break given the track record I've had. Thanks for bringing it up.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwr View Post
There is something less efficient about the way they access cores for multi-tasking I think I remember reading. I have a friend who is quite pro AMD for years and builds DAWS for people. Uses both Intel and AMD. I may check in with him. I've had good luck with the intel DAWs for 25 years, so yea, might be a habit hard to break given the track record I've had. Thanks for bringing it up.
That was true with Ryzen 2. Ryzen 3 claims to have fixed his. Habits are hard to break. Intel has been stagnant for so many years with pathetic gen to gen improvemrnts and got away with it because they had no competitors but this Ryzen 3 release essentially shoved intel face in the dirt.

If your buget is unlimited than buy whatever, but if you dont want to make a donation to Intel ceo vacation fund for no reason .. at least wait until the benchmarks of Ryzen are released to make an informed decision. Should be here in a few weeks.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
That was true with Ryzen 2. Ryzen 3 claims to have fixed his. Habits are hard to break. Intel has been stagnant for so many years with pathetic gen to gen improvemrnts and got away with it because they had no competitors but this Ryzen 3 release essentially shoved intel face in the dirt.

If your budget is unlimited than buy whatever, but if you dont want to make a donation to Intel ceo vacation fund for no reason .. at least wait until the benchmarks of Ryzen are released to make an informed decision. Should be here in a few weeks.
I'll await benchmarks related to DAW use, for me that is all that matters. Healthy for the market to have AMD back in the running. One of my sample server machines is an older AMD I built because I got a cpu chip cheap from a friend.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydfar View Post
Is CLA an anti plugin guy? He is marketing lots of plugins from both Waves and Slade: "now you can sound like ME!!" - and: mixing coarse, analog vs. Digital = no difference. Two weeks later in an YT interview, he says the total opposite... I guess he's mostly talking about the convenience in having real faders and knobs. But it's not always clear what he means...
But he doesn't say "you can sound like me". The guy has too much ego for statements like that. It's just the impression that people have been wrongfully getting because they have been jumping to conclusions.

He only delivers you the processes he uses. Simplified and streamlined. He doesn't even design anything he wouldn't use. No one would. That would be one hell of a wasted opportunity. I've even heard Scheps say himself that he uses Omni in about 90% of what he does. Hell man, I wish Waves would ask me because I have some streamlined solutions that I could really do with and no-one else is really providing them.

If you look at these tools, you can see that they've been really well thought out and obsessed over. No-one simply branding bothers to dot the I's or cross the T's. It's always a half assed effort. Plus they sound great on top
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

The "now you can sound like ME!!" was from the Slate mixing course promo video... He hasn't said that about the plugins he's been promoting. I was just teasing he guy a little, but I meant in a friendly way. (sorry for my english) My guess is that he's definitely preferring mixing all analog. But I'm sure he would have no problem using his plugins, if he went all in the box like andy schepps. Generally he does not need them, as he has all that gear. He preferred the analog workflow and sound in an interview that I saw on YT. But I think he sees most plugins as great audio tools.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search