The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Introduces Liquid Sonics LUSTROUS PLATES Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 24th January 2019
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Slate Introduces Liquid Sonics LUSTROUS PLATES

Lustrous Plates recreates the beautiful tone of seven classic plate reverbs using LiquidSonics’ new Temporal Acoustic Spectral Mapping (TASM) technology.

Powered by Fusion-IR | Synthesis, Lustrous Plates is a rich and luxurious contemporary plate design with seven distinctive models. TASM uses a proprietary multi band dynamic capture and analysis method which allows an unprecedented frequency specific profiling of each plate’s natural decay, which is then mapped into an advanced reverb synthesis algorithm.

This not only reproduces the beautiful decay of real hardware plates, but it also gains the benefit of having classic algorithmic reverb parameters which allow fine tuning in ways that you’ve never been able to with any other plate emulation including precise control of frequency dispersion, width and modulation.

Available now at the introductory price of $149 (rising to $199 from 21 April) from the LiquidSonics store, or as a part of the Slate Digital Everything Bundle.

If you own any of the products below you can get extra discounts applied to the launch price:

Seventh Heaven Professional: 30% off *
Illusion: 25% off
Reverberate 2: 20% off
Seventh Heaven (regular version): 10% off *

All of the coupons provided to you by the special offers page linked below can be combined during check-out for some fantastic savings!

* Owners of the Seventh Heaven with Professional Bundle will receive the larger discount of the two (30%)

For more information: Lustrous Plates - LiquidSonics

Old 24th January 2019
OH YEAH!

Great video, Steven. I wept!
Old 24th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Hjortnaes View Post
OH YEAH!

Great video, Steven. I wept!
Hahaha that part killed me.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Head

@ steven , Awesome launches!
But where are the LA2A, Pulteq's aka some your original/emulations additions ?

Out of 5 launches, one is hardware. (Only for fraction of owners)
2 are other company's products-- Amp and Reverb.

Just two are your's own:

Mic modelings (out of which we already have in VMS.. Difference will be very minimal or marginal i guess)+ Gate.

Yes i really really appreciate and welcome these additions... but after FG-A, wished to get some MORE of your own developed plugins !
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
@ steven , Awesome launches!
But where are the LA2A, Pulteq's aka some your original/emulations additions ?

Out of 5 launches, one is hardware. (Only for fraction of owners)
2 are other company's products-- Amp and Reverb.

Just two are your's own:

Mic modelings + Gate.

Yes i really really appreciate and welcome these additions... but after FG-A, wished to get some MORE of your own developed plugins !
Hi, thanks for the comments! We have plenty more in store for 2019 so don't worry! We have released so many incredible EQs and Compressors lately that we believed a world class Plate plugin would be the perfect offering right now! Same with a game changing Amp plugin that has over 30 amps, 19 effects pedals and modules, and that can load amp profiles!!

I can't wait for you to try these absolutely STUNNING plugins!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
we believed a world class Plate plugin would be the perfect offering right now!

Cheers,
Steven
Will be nice if someone demoes it to UAD's Pure Plate, EMT 140, the acknowledged class plates plugins, in regard to depth and lushness on lead vocals.

Also please please add ilok cloud compatibility for existing mic modules and this newly launched locker asap on high priority. After purchase of ML-1, i couldn't test since a month any mic module. Really want to hear this blackbird models after purchasing it this week!! :(

Best wishes again !
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I like new plugins in my Everything Bundle, but why isn’t there an LA-2A emulation yet Slate?
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziko123 View Post
Also please please add ilok cloud compatibility for existing mic modules and this newly launched locker asap on high priority. After purchase of ML-1, i couldn't test since a month any mic module. Really want to hear this blackbird models after purchasing it this week!! :(

Best wishes again !
Yup, we're on it! Hopefully within 30 days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckdaddy View Post
I like new plugins in my Everything Bundle, but why isn’t there an LA-2A emulation yet Slate?
We've got some things stirring in our dev department!

Until then try the FG-401 at 4:1, medium attack, one click faster than middle release, Circuit 2, and you'll get some powdery opto sound... and also try the FG-Stress in Opto mode which recreates not only the famous dual stage release, but also the tube sound from the Dist emulations. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear
Amazing plugin. You definitely chose the right partner in Liquid Sonics.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Epic. Will Liquid Sonic release a bigger more featured version of this reverb to this time I wonder. Their Bricasti was pretty much a slam dunk.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

I bet this is a fantastic reverb, Brilliant addition to the Bundle, congrats Steven and LiquidSonics.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Interesting reverb...but waiting for LA2A emu...and it wouldnt hurt to see API 2500 either, but LA2A is a MUST!!!
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

What are the simulated plates? Any digital plate, like the EMT246?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderbird View Post
Epic. Will Liquid Sonic release a bigger more featured version of this reverb to this time I wonder. Their Bricasti was pretty much a slam dunk.
I'm really happy with all the features and models we've got in Lustrous Plates, so I don't foresee a split into regular vs pro versions on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
What are the simulated plates? Any digital plate, like the EMT246?
The focus here is providing a good spread on the venerable 140 style of plate model. It's amazing how much variety can be found in that classic design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
I bet this is a fantastic reverb, Brilliant addition to the Bundle, congrats Steven and LiquidSonics.
Thank you very much. The feedback coming in during the beta so far has been super encouraging and I'm really looking forward to releasing it in the spring
Old 25th January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Thank you so much! I cannot wait for you guys to hear this one. I will never be able to use another reverb on the vocals or snare ever again. You can hear examples of each in the launch video.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Hi, thanks for the comments! We have plenty more in store for 2019 so don't worry! We have released so many incredible EQs and Compressors lately that we believed a world class Plate plugin would be the perfect offering right now! Same with a game changing Amp plugin that has over 30 amps, 19 effects pedals and modules, and that can load amp profiles!!

Cheers,
Steven
I agree!! there's already a ton of EQ's and compressors right now: between the Custom Series EQ and the FG-Stress, I don't think there's really another EQ or compressor I could ask for. I'd much rather see new offerings like more reverbs, multi-effects units, and the little gaps in the EB offerings which quickly shrinking!
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

This is getting lame. Every year next new ground breaking technology (from same person).

Next year they'll rehash and call it "Particle collider fusion liquid technology" and it will still sound like previous year tech or like impulse response gibberish.

I like GUI though. I know it's still too early to piss on this plugin - i have to try it. So this response is also lame.

I am just overwhelmed by their supposedly "next new tech" on every god damn field whenever they release any goddamn plugin.

I can't even grasp how will they announce FGX2. Like some goddamn Iron Man gold fart - or limiter from black hole technology...
Old 25th January 2019

Lame is definitely not the word I would use.

As every year goes by, our technological abilities increase exponentially. Ten years ago, convolution was a technological breakthrough for plugin reverb, but it had limitations. It was static, couldn’t reproduce dynamics or modulation, was high latency, and high CPU. You also couldn’t process the captures with classic reverb parameters.

LiquidSonics overcame these limitations with fusion capturing. And now with lustrous plates there is an extra layer of spectral mapping and synthesis.

And the result is a very stunning reverb that has the classic sound of real plates with the added benefit of modern reverb control. It should be applauded, and as you can hear from the demo examples, it works incredibly well.

Steven
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Recently bought Illusion which is the best VST I’ve heard. I’m wondering how the plates in Illusion compare to Lustrous Plates? Are the plates the same?
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

I'll be the first to express continued displeasure with the lack of FG-X 2 update of even info on the project or the actual confirmation its NEVER gonna happen..

C'mon Steven Slate... Without the dedicated team working round the clock to make the BEST ever limiter etc blah blah why don't you tell us HERE NOW what the ACTUAL true state of play is with this.... IT'S THE ONE THING that makes a blemish on an otherwise meteoric rise of the Slate Empire!

Btw... anyone else reading this, I bought cute a few Slate plugs all the way back to the VCC Beta!!! Remember that?

Now I am a HAPPY subscriber to the Everything Bundle... So don't get me wrong.. Good happy Slate customer BUT... C'non...

One time.... Malfunction and tell the absolute horrible truth...

One Love.

Zz.
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
This is getting lame. Every year next new ground breaking technology (from same person).

Next year they'll rehash and call it "Particle collider fusion liquid technology" and it will still sound like previous year tech or like impulse response gibberish.

I like GUI though. I know it's still too early to piss on this plugin - i have to try it. So this response is also lame.

I am just overwhelmed by their supposedly "next new tech" on every god damn field whenever they release any goddamn plugin.

I can't even grasp how will they announce FGX2. Like some goddamn Iron Man gold fart - or limiter from black hole technology...
Fusion-IR provides a very strong foundation for a lot of different ways to approach reverb, whether that's sampled or algorithmically synthesised. I'd love to go into the full technical details about specifically what is in every product I release and why I think it's novel and worthy of attention. That's not being facetious, I genuinely would because I'm a technology focused kind of a person and like talking to people about my ideas in detail, the motivations behind them and where I'm going with them. It's just not wise to do it publicly in a press release or forum, so you get my best attempts to describe it all in an engaging and justifiable way without exposing every fine detail. I'm sorry you maybe find that fatiguing.

I'm sure fundamentally I will be judged on the quality of the results whatever the neon lighting says, and that's the way it ought to be

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
Recently bought Illusion which is the best VST I’ve heard. I’m wondering how the plates in Illusion compare to Lustrous Plates? Are the plates the same?
Thank you, that's very kind.

Probably the most immediately noticeable difference with Lustrous is down to the spectral mapping. The rate at which a plate decays at different frequencies is quite complex, and is non-linearly related to the damping position everywhere across the frequency spectrum. Different physical plates all behave very differently too.

Although the plates in Illusion are very strong, there was a fundamental limit on how close I could truly get to the plate models I was studying with the algorithms I could put into in Illusion. To really get the fidelity in the models that I wanted to hear it was pulling the design of Illusion in a different direction to where it needed to be, and at that point it made more sense allow it to diverge. It's the classic trade-off of a more general purpose plugin versus a plugin that is singularly focused on getting as close to one specific target as possible. So after the DSP for Illusion was finished I started developed some new algorithms specifically to cater to the needs of the plates I was studying. I'm really pleased with the results, the decays are fantastic and the dispersion adds a wonderful touch that you can only really get from a top end plate. It's got a really full and rich sound and the modulation really adds a sense of life to it. The feedback we're getting from beta testers has been very good so I'm really looking forward to release.
Old 25th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
I'll be the first to express continued displeasure with the lack of FG-X 2 update of even info on the project or the actual confirmation its NEVER gonna happen..

Zz.
it's grating on me as well. I would happily pay for an update if they would just release it. fantastic company but this leaves a blemish on the history of slate.
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agzilla View Post
why don't you tell us HERE NOW what the ACTUAL true state of play is with this
The actual true state of play here is that nobody who takes music production serious is giving one flying fcuk about the FG-X 2. Lots of tools around to make great stuff, get over it.
Old 25th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickiefunk View Post
No they sound different so there isn't any overlap. KILLER sound with all the control you need. All the different "metals" have different attack,decays and tone characteristics. Spend some time exploring and tweaking Lustrous and you'll be in Plate heaven...the presets are excellent as well. Fantastic product and company.
Old 25th January 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:

Until then try the FG-401 at 4:1, medium attack, one click faster than middle release, Circuit 2, and you'll get some powdery opto sound... and also try the FG-Stress in Opto mode which recreates not only the famous dual stage release, but also the tube sound from the Dist emulations. Enjoy!

Cheers,
Steven
FG-401 is one of the most underestimated compressors around... at least by me. Still, it finds its way almost on every channel I mix and often on busses too!!!
Sometimes I jump from one compressor to another without finding the mojo I'm looking after... then I load FG-401 tweak a little and... BAM! It just works. I hate it LOL!
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmein View Post
This is getting lame. Every year next new ground breaking technology

What do you know about technology? Probably nothing..still you’re judging.

It’s easy to start b*^ching about something and then switch attention to unrelated issue. You haven’t even tried it and you are already unhappy.

Wait for release, try it and then express your opinion based at least on your real experience. That will be fair.
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lox72 View Post
FG-401 is one of the most underestimated compressors around... at least by me. Still, it finds its way almost on every channel I mix and often on busses too!!!
Sometimes I jump from one compressor to another without finding the mojo I'm looking after... then I load FG-401 tweak a little and... BAM! It just works. I hate it LOL!
Totally agree with you on the FG-401 (took me two years in or so to discover it, I have the hardware device) and also like to mention the FG-A EQ as well because that thing ads something to snare sounds no other plugin eq I'm using is able to deliver.
The overal sounds, the sound of the features like "width" & especially the reverb tails from the Verbsuite Classics by LiquidSonics never convinced me (I bought it and have it in the bundle) so it would be quit nice if the Lustrous plates can make a difference (also fair enough if they do not).
Fair shout to Slate for always trying to come up with new ideas and products. There have been some GREAT plugins that I'm using regulary and we are always happy to see what's coming next

Last edited by TobyToby; 25th January 2019 at 08:22 PM..
Old 25th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
The actual true state of play here is that nobody who takes music production serious is giving one flying fcuk about the FG-X 2. Lots of tools around to make great stuff, get over it.
Absolutely.

Jeez louise, they're constantly releasing a bunch of fantastic stuff and some people are still ungrateful that they'll look at it and go "but what about.." when the price of the EB isn't going up, so it's like you're getting it for free. When there's nothing wrong with FG-X to begin with.

If you can't make a great mix with the tools already available, the problem isn't the lack of FG-X2.

I already have FG-X, Newfangled Elevate and u-he Presswerk. My mastering needs are totally taken care of. FG-X2 can continue to take it's sweet time because, like my absolute favorite compressor FG-Stress, good things come to those who wait. In the mean time, I'm more excited for the new things coming out and can't wait to try this reverb on some modern pop vocals!
Old 25th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadYodeler View Post
Nope.

I make music sound great everyday without FG-X2 so whilst true it doesn't stop me, nevertheless I still care...

Cos it was promised, knowing these guys it will be THE BEST and I am not alone...People DO remember stuff.... We are not all goldfish yet..

Although... this bowl is rather cool..... Fusion Coral Echoessssss

C'mon Steven Slate.. I think you guys rock..but I know you read this stuff so just answer once and for all..it'll all be forgiven anyway bro!

One love

Zz.
Old 25th January 2019
sounds pretty good...might check out more of Liquidsonics stuff...it come a long way from the IR reverb with a bit of chorus on it...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search