The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Slate Introduces Liquid Sonics LUSTROUS PLATES Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 25th March 2019
  #181
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
This'll get a lot of use on big projects due to the great SQ and low CPU.
I give up, what do you mean by SQ bOse ?
Sound Quality ??
Old 25th March 2019
  #182
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

Used this in Logic today and it crashed Logic out after a minute or so, while flipping through presets. Anyone else having issues with Logic?

Liked what I heard though
Old 25th March 2019
  #183
Lives for gear
 
Beatworld's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Used this in Logic today and it crashed Logic out after a minute or so, while flipping through presets. Anyone else having issues with Logic?
Nope, I've been using it only in Logic for about 4 months.
Make sure you have the latest iLok LM software (v5.02).

Last edited by Beatworld; 25th March 2019 at 03:52 AM..
Old 25th March 2019
  #184
I used Reverberate for years, then moved to Reverberate 2 which became my goto reverb. Then I moved to Valhalla until Illusion came out. I tested it extensively against Valhalla and Reverberate 2 and bought it after a day of testing. The only reverb that stayed in my default template was Valhalla Plate, the rest was replaced by Illusion. Now Lustrous Plate was released... guess what happend?

I figured, hearing is better than reading: Plate VST Test by Seamonger | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Let me know if I should add another audio example.
Old 25th March 2019
  #185
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltpig View Post
you can't just use a delay? what is special about the pre-delay?
Your question doesn’t make much sense to me as a pre delay on a reverb isn’t the same thing as a delay. To me pre delay is one of the most important functions on a reverb. A slow pre delay like 150ms-200ms almost always works perfectly for me on vocals. To me it gives the illusion that the reverb is really big even if it isn’t and it works great at keeping the vocals in your face. To me this trick works best with plate reverbs. But one of the most important factors about pre delay that not many people think about is aligning the pre delay time with the tempo of your song, which many reverb plugins provide that function (such as H-Verb which is one of my favs, but it doesn’t offer as many pre delay times as liquidsonics reverbs, which means I’m still usually needing to calculate the multiple predelay times) but many don’t such as Valhalla and others. The ability to align your pre delay with the tempo on lustrous plates (and all other liquidsonics plugins) saves a ton of time and is great for me workflow. Before this I would use the website nickfiver to calculate the pre delay times in milleseconds to dial into Valhalla plate or vintageverb. So yeah it’s huge improvement to my workflow and I love it so much about liquidsonics. I just wish other developers like Valhalladsp would implement this function in their reverbs as well.
Old 25th March 2019
  #186
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
I give up, what do you mean by SQ bOse ?
Sound Quality ??
Yup! The internal EQ sounds great too.
Old 25th March 2019
  #187
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltpig View Post
you can't just use a delay? what is special about the pre-delay?
I'm not sure there's anything special about it per se, I guess it's the fact that it's built into the reverb itself and I can tweak it to taste in the same unit along with the other reverb parameters.
Old 25th March 2019
  #188
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Nope, I've been using it only in Logic for about 4 months.
Make sure you have the latest iLok LM software (v5.02).
Cheers, I've sent an email to Slate Support, they're usually very good. I am running iLok software v5.02. I'll give it a miss until it's resolved.
Old 25th March 2019
  #189
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltpig View Post
you can't just use a delay? what is special about the pre-delay?
In addition to the other comments, it helps your brain separate the dry and the wet signal. Thus tweaking it together with the other parameters of a reverb makes sense and is more convenient in one plugin.

I updated the audio example and added some sould vocals.

One thing I noticed: Abbey Road Plates tends to be ~2 db louder than the other reverbs with default settings...

Another thing: the name "Lustrous Plates" seems to be perfect for slutz like us.
Old 25th March 2019
  #190
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamonger View Post
I used Reverberate for years, then moved to Reverberate 2 which became my goto reverb. Then I moved to Valhalla until Illusion came out. I tested it extensively against Valhalla and Reverberate 2 and bought it after a day of testing. The only reverb that stayed in my default template was Valhalla Plate, the rest was replaced by Illusion. Now Lustrous Plate was released... guess what happend?

I figured, hearing is better than reading: Plate VST Test by Seamonger | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Let me know if I should add another audio example.
Liked Little Plate for smooth sounding plates, to my ears Lustrous Plate sounded little resonant.

Daniel.
Old 25th March 2019
  #191
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Used this in Logic today and it crashed Logic out after a minute or so, while flipping through presets. Anyone else having issues with Logic?
Same here. Happened after 10 minutes or so flipping through presets.

Latest iLok app here (5.02)
Old 25th March 2019
  #192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielbest1 View Post
Liked Little Plate for smooth sounding plates, to my ears Lustrous Plate sounded little resonant.
Yes, I also noticed a bit of resonance once or twice. But then again, to my ears it's the most similar one to Little Plate, which's sound I love, but it was usually a bit too limited.

What puts Lustrous Plate apart from all others is that it seems to get way less in the way of the dry signal. Valhalla Plate in particular adds so much stuff, that you have to tame it a lot. Lustrous at 80% wet still sounds like the source, just embedded in Reverb. Most obvious with Snares.
Old 25th March 2019
  #193
Gear Addict
 
Night Stalker's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith View Post
Used this in Logic today and it crashed Logic out after a minute or so, while flipping through presets. Anyone else having issues with Logic?

Liked what I heard though
I couldn’t get passed 1st base by not being able to pass the license step in ILOK manager where logic just hangs.

Latest logic version as well as ILOK manager
Old 26th March 2019
  #194
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
I couldn’t get passed 1st base by not being able to pass the license step in ILOK manager where logic just hangs.

Latest logic version as well as ILOK manager
Hi - I had the same thing - I closed Logic and left it for a few hours/a day because I got the emails from Slate Digital saying that there was a problem with the distribution of the licenses (I'm an Everything Bundle subscriber).

I launched Logic the next day and it still wasn't working.

Closed Logic, opened iLok Manager software, saw that there was a license there and activated it there to my iLok 2.

Launched Logic and it worked.

No idea if that's what I'm supposed to do - but it worked for me!

Cheers,

Ed
Old 26th March 2019
  #195
Gear Addict
 
Night Stalker's Avatar
 

Tnx Ed

Will look at the ILOK manager tonight (one more time haha) maybe waiting a day later might do the trick.

Update:
All working now as planned. ILOK manager all working properly. Perhaps user error on my part.

Last edited by Night Stalker; 26th March 2019 at 07:32 AM..
Old 27th March 2019
  #196
Gear Maniac
 
nickkbh's Avatar
 

Still no license for me.
Old 30th March 2019
  #197
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felwinter View Post
Got the license. Great sounding plugin/reverb. Unfortunately the plugin seems unusable in the latest version of FL studio 20 - 64 bit. All software (including ilok/OS up to date).
  • Long load and recall times, crashing. GUI lock ups, especially when clicking preset buttons.
  • I also noticed PACE32 (ilok) CPU spike while loading a project with Slate and during session. Using cloud.
  • lastly, loading one instance of the plugin, memory increased 500MB (492 to be exact), not sure if this is normal

Not sure if anyone is experiencing any similar issues?
Had the same problem but I managed to fix it, and there are two ways to do that, the first one is obvious, just use the 32bit version of FL Studio. But if you want to use the 64bit version, like I do, uninstall the plugin and install it again, but this time don't select the "VST 3" version, only the VST 2.4. This fixed the problem for me, now it's working on both 32bit and 64bit.
Old 3rd April 2019
  #198
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuul View Post
On PC. My system has been pretty solid except installing Slate Plugins. I run UAD, Soundtoys, Waves, you name it.
For some reason it blacklisted the VST2 plugin of VMR in version 2281 but luckily the VST3 version works. With LP its just a deadlock. VST2 blacklisted and VST3 causes Cubase 10 to hang. Can't get pass the registration screen unless I de-install the plugin. Its really too bad that every single release is accompanied by
installation problems and I have Slate stuff since the early days with VCC.
Same pb here ! On PC too with Cubase 10. Did you find a solution ?
Old 3rd April 2019
  #199
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Larron View Post
Same pb here ! On PC too with Cubase 10. Did you find a solution ?
I had to install a bunch of windows updates. Once I did, it worked fine.
Paul at Slate support was helpful to resolve the issue.
I hope it works for you too.
Old 3rd April 2019
  #200
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuul View Post
I had to install a bunch of windows updates. Once I did, it worked fine.
Paul at Slate support was helpful to resolve the issue.
I hope it works for you too.
For me I found that it was a pb from the VST scan in Cubase 10 which was bugging. I killed the process, then had to go to the VST plugin manager to take slate s plug ins out of the blacklist.
Seems to be working now.
Old 10th April 2019
  #201
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Just stopped working outta the blue here (win10 64 but studio one 4 pro) latest versions of everything... I dunno what the heck... I uninstalled and reinstalled and still same problem...won’t pass validation
Old 17th April 2019
  #202
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Just stopped working outta the blue here (win10 64 but studio one 4 pro) latest versions of everything... I dunno what the heck... I uninstalled and reinstalled and still same problem...won’t pass validation
No problems here, running Hackintosh and Logic Pro X
Old 19th April 2019
  #203
Lives for gear
 
bgood's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by moos_music View Post
No problems here, running Hackintosh and Logic Pro X
Long story short, I completely uninstalled studio one... deleted every trace of it (down to the registry) reinstalled it... everything works fine now
Old 19th April 2019
  #204
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Long story short, I completely uninstalled studio one... deleted every trace of it (down to the registry) reinstalled it... everything works fine now
I’ve been finding myself having to do this a lot lately. Always seems to be because of stupid ilok.
Old 3 weeks ago
  #205
Here for the gear
 

Lustrous Plate-Activation Error - Solved!

Had the same Activation Error-problem, as some people here, on 1 install of Slate Bundle Lustrous Plate. Turned out I somehow activated it to a Cloud Session on another machine. Had to close the Cloud Session in iLok Manager (latest version 5.03). Then I could deactivate Lustrous Plate from the Cloud Session and Activate it on the iLok where I keep the rest of the Everything Bundle. Before that I Uninstalled Lustrous Plate from Gobbler and reinstalled. Works now. Hope this helps others out with the same problem. Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Slate Introduces Liquid Sonics LUSTROUS PLATES-lustrousplate-activationerror.png  
Old 1 week ago
  #206
Lives for gear
 

Just tested some plate reverbs this week.

Acustica Ebony was my go-to. It's impressive how it is 3D, I've compared to the real thing and it's almost the same. Unfortunately, it's a CPU hog, the controls are sluggish and it's very limited.

Valhalla Plate and Little Plate are both useful, but two dimensional, in that aspect. Rare Signals also good, more 3D, but I found it a bit messy and all over the place. It's good tho.

And then I tested Lustrous Plates. It's the best one to me. The difference in depth and reality is minimal compared to Ebony. But it has a great and easy GUI, nice and responsive controls, and a lot of different options, making it as versatile as Valhalla.

So, I guess I'll soon buy the stand alone version. Congrats Liquid Sonics, Seventh Heaven already was the best reverb plugin in my folder for that task, now you probably have the best Plate reverb too, imo.
Old 1 week ago
  #207
Lives for gear
 
b0se's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOh View Post
Just tested some plate reverbs this week.

Acustica Ebony was my go-to. It's impressive how it is 3D, I've compared to the real thing and it's almost the same. Unfortunately, it's a CPU hog, the controls are sluggish and it's very limited.

Valhalla Plate and Little Plate are both useful, but two dimensional, in that aspect. Rare Signals also good, more 3D, but I found it a bit messy and all over the place. It's good tho.

And then I tested Lustrous Plates. It's the best one to me. The difference in depth and reality is minimal compared to Ebony. But it has a great and easy GUI, nice and responsive controls, and a lot of different options, making it as versatile as Valhalla.

So, I guess I'll soon buy the stand alone version. Congrats Liquid Sonics, Seventh Heaven already was the best reverb plugin in my folder for that task, now you probably have the best Plate reverb too, imo.
Agreed. I went from TimP's VBP (EMT 140)—which beat out Little Plate, UVI Plate, Kush Plate, RS Plate etc—to Lustrous Plates and am very happy.

Actually, I had a reverse honeymoon effect with this plugin; thought it was great originally, but always second to VBP, then after spending more time with it and getting to learn it it became my favourite.

I made a preset to match VBP and as you say with Ebony, it's very close. Close enough to not have to worry about it at all, and enjoy all the other benefits. Great plugin.
Old 1 week ago
  #208
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Agreed. I went from TimP's VBP (EMT 140)—which beat out Little Plate, UVI Plate, Kush Plate, RS Plate etc—to Lustrous Plates and am very happy.

Actually, I had a reverse honeymoon effect with this plugin; thought it was great originally, but always second to VBP, then after spending more time with it and getting to learn it it became my favourite.

I made a preset to match VBP and as you say with Ebony, it's very close. Close enough to not have to worry about it at all, and enjoy all the other benefits. Great plugin.
I think you forgot to post the preset you created. Hint, hint....
Old 1 week ago
  #209
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Agreed. I went from TimP's VBP (EMT 140)—which beat out Little Plate, UVI Plate, Kush Plate, RS Plate etc—to Lustrous Plates and am very happy.

Actually, I had a reverse honeymoon effect with this plugin; thought it was great originally, but always second to VBP, then after spending more time with it and getting to learn it it became my favourite.

I made a preset to match VBP and as you say with Ebony, it's very close. Close enough to not have to worry about it at all, and enjoy all the other benefits. Great plugin.
TimPs plate was a bit dark to me, if I remember correctly (from the demo, from a sample? I don't remember anymore). VNXT was the best Nebula plate to me, but I struggled with lots and lots of problems and CPU issues.

But yeah, share the preset with us if you can.
Old 1 week ago
  #210
Here for the gear
 

Love this plug so much! It’s a joy to listen to, work and create with. Incredible job by all involved. Thanks for bringing it to us.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Steven Slate / Product Alerts older than 2 months
426
RS AudioEngineer / Music Computers
3
Steven Slate / Product Alerts older than 2 months
1065
Steven Slate / Product Alerts older than 2 months
237
achtung baby / High End
3

Forum Jump
Forum Jump