The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Slate Overloud TH-U Slate Edition - Amp Rig Captures In The Box & Much More
Old 24th January 2019
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Software Slate Overloud TH-U Slate Edition - Amp Rig Captures In The Box & Much More

CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL VIDEO WITH INFO AND DEMOS: YouTube

I’m so happy to announce the addition of Overloud THU Slate Edition to the Slate Digital Everything Bundle.

Overloud THU adds over 30 new guitar amp models, 19 new cabinet models, 33 effects modules and pedals, and 18 microphones… but some of the biggest game changing news of THU, is the RIG PLAYER.

Any guitarist and amp aficionado has certainly taken notice of a hardware box that has the ability to capture entire amplifiers including the nonlinear and dynamic response of the amplifier, the cabinet, the microphones, the mic preamplifier and the room sound. Well... TH-U includes a feature called R2M which stands for RIG TO MODEL, and this allows Overloud Engineers to reproduce the famous amp captures for the TH-U’s RIG Player, as well as create their own captures from the best sound amp rigs. TH-U Slate Edition will come with some of the greatest sounding modeled rigs and there will more expansion packs in the future.

Overloud TH-U Slate Edition also features fifteen incredible sounding cabinet impulses from industry leaders Own Hammer.

Also new in TH-U is Amp Tweaks, which give users the ability to mod the amplifier preamp and power tube creating almost limitless tones. TH-U even has a modeled variac. Overloud really thought of everything. So enough talking, let’s hear four unique examples from TH-U including from both the amp models AND with the RIG Player from producer Jon Symons.

Overloud TH-U Slate Edition will be available in the Everything Bundle soon. And for the real amp connoisseurs, we’ll have some great upgrade offers to the full TH-U which will get you even more incredible amps, a custom IR loader to load your own cab impulses, and more!

So get those guitars tuned and set up, and get ready your mixes ready for some incredible tone.

To discuss the TH-U Slate Edition or questions related to it, please use this thread.

However, for the official TH-U thread and questions pertaining to it, please see the OFFICIAL OVERLOUD TH-U THREAD HERE: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-...l#post13761368

Join the Everything Bundle at Slate Digital - World-Class Analog-Modeled Plugins, Microphones, Interfaces & Education

Cheers,
Steven

Last edited by Steven Slate; 5th February 2019 at 08:05 PM..
Old 24th January 2019
So what’s the big difference between the two? Can this one do amp profiling like the other one announced? I found it hard to get a definitive answer from the text above.
Old 24th January 2019
This is actually amazing. I was literally just trialling TH3 a couple of days ago and I fell in love, but was put off by the price. Seeing this in the Everything Bundle is just absolutely awesome.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
So what’s the big difference between the two? Can this one do amp profiling like the other one announced? I found it hard to get a definitive answer from the text above.
There's been some speculation that the hardware profiler mentioned by Slate is the Kemper Profiler. On both sites it says that Overloud engineers can sample rigs, not that the end user can do this. We'll probably know more once it comes out in February.
Old 24th January 2019
Should probably get its own thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post

The noise gate is one of the most essential tools in the pro audio arsenal, but there has been virtually zero advancements in gate plugins over the past decade. Until now. Enter the Slate Gate Series featuring two unique Gate plugins. The first, which will be previewed at NAMM 2019, is the Drum Gate. With unique features such as advanced transient detection and a revolutionary de-bleeding algorithm, you’ll get clean and easy results on even the most horrific tracks!

You can visit our NAMM booth #15902 North Hall to get a hands on demo of the Drum Gate from one of Slate Digital's lead developers.

See you there!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
The difference is that the full TH-U will have even more amps, an IR loader that can load custom cab impulses, and a few more features that I'll outline later.

Both TH-U and TH-U Slate Edition feature R2M and the RIG PLAYER which has the ability to reproduce full amp profiles from a famous hardware amp profiler.

R2M is done by the Overloud Engineering team, so they will take a profile and then recreate it in RIG PLAYER format. Already there are available RIG PLAYER profiles from some of the greatest amp rigs, but there will be many more in the future.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Quote:
The difference is that the full TH-U will have even more amps, an IR loader that can load custom cab impulses, and a few more features that I'll outline later.

Both TH-U and TH-U Slate Edition feature R2M and the RIG PLAYER which has the ability to reproduce full amp profiles from a famous hardware amp profiler.

R2M is done by the Overloud Engineering team, so they will take a profile and then recreate it in RIG PLAYER format. Already there are available RIG PLAYER profiles from some of the greatest amp rigs, but there will be many more in the future.

Cheers,
Steven
So will we be able to submit profiles to the engineers to recreate/decode? Subtleties aside, if I can get one more digital box out of my rack and get the exact tone from it, I want that. I also would like to know my "investment" into commercial KPA packs can be safeguarded for a few years longer...
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
So will we be able to submit profiles to the engineers to recreate/decode?
Yup, you bet!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

I'm sad that you're dropping s gear for this...
Old 24th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by too.manley View Post
I'm sad that you're dropping s gear for this...
They're dropping S-Gear?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelTheSuperior View Post
They're dropping S-Gear?
Really? Steven, is that happening?

S-gear is a gem, is there a way to keep it?
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Wow, modeling of a modeler!
Sounds good, I wonder if they'll be getting sued at some point though.

Please tell me there's a Splawn Quick Rod model in there. I would get it for just that.
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatz View Post
Please tell me there's a Splawn Quick Rod model in there. I would get it for just that.
There certainly could be in the future!

Regarding S-GEAR, that is one of the most incredible sounding guitar amp plugins in the industry, and we have nothing but warm feelings about Scuffham Amps! Everything Bundle users can still use S-GEAR until October 2019!

Guys, we are so excited about TH-U.. it's a work of art. The amp models, the effects, the Amp Tweaks to customize your amp with tubes, the cab and mic modeling... AND THE RIG PLAYER! Amp Profiles "In The Box" has been the most requested feature in guitar amp plugins, and I'm so happy that it's here! You guys are gonna love it.

Also, we have teamed up with OwnHammer and the 15 cabs we'll be including are hand picked by Jon Symons to match perfectly with the TH-U amps and they sound INSANE!

See you at the show!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Addict

Dropping S-Gear?! Well, this isn’t the first time this has happened in the Slate world. Not a fan of the bundle for this reason. Good luck, though. Still waiting for FG-X2...
Old 24th January 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post
Dropping S-Gear?! Well, this isn’t the first time this has happened in the Slate world. Not a fan of the bundle for this reason. Good luck, though. Still waiting for FG-X2...
As much as I adore S-Gear, I can hardly complain. He's given us plenty of notice, provided an alternative that is better in many ways, and considering the many, many other plugins in the bundle I've paid virtually nothing for it. And if I want to keep using it, I'm more than welcome to buy it.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Honestly, I'm not surprised. S-Gear is FANTASTIC, but is notoriously limited in it's options. Plus, I usually load up an Ownhammer IR to really get awesome results. Not only does this new plugin have far more pedals and options than S-Gear ever did, but it already will come with Ownhammer IRs.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel C Media View Post
Honestly, I'm not surprised. S-Gear is FANTASTIC, but is notoriously limited in it's options. Plus, I usually load up an Ownhammer IR to really get awesome results. Not only does this new plugin have far more pedals and options than S-Gear ever did, but it already will come with Ownhammer IRs.
I suspect it's also to do with how slow the developer of S-Gear is.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelpv View Post

Yes, this looks killer, but when will FG-X2 be done? The golden question I know. I only ask because we all know you will knock it out of the park.

Even a simple update would be rad! Thanks and watch out for marching bands cruising through your booth. lol.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

This is a great addition to the Slate Digital Everything Bundle, but I have to say I am a little disappointed (and surprised) that it doesn't include the IR player from the full program, an IR player is absolutely essential and IMO it's weird to leave this out, I don't subscribe to the bundle to get a stripped down software with an absolutely essential piece not included so I have to buy the full version anyway, I can understand effects and Amps being held back but the IR loader? that makes no sense to me, it's not supposed to be a demo of the full version but the exclusion of the IR loader makes it feel like that, if that is the way the bundle is headed then I'm not happy about it, an IR player is essential in every Guitar amp package so why has it been excluded?
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Maniac

Hold the phone, so this can use Kemper profiles ITB? Because that would be HUGE
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
This is a great addition to the Slate Digital Everything Bundle, but I have to say I am a little disappointed (and surprised) that it doesn't include the IR player from the full program, an IR player is absolutely essential and IMO it's weird to leave this out, I don't subscribe to the bundle to get a stripped down software with an absolutely essential piece not included so I have to buy the full version anyway, I can understand effects and Amps being held back but the IR loader? that makes no sense to me, it's not supposed to be a demo of the full version but the exclusion of the IR loader makes it feel like that, if that is the way the bundle is headed then I'm not happy about it, an IR player is essential in every Guitar amp package so why has it been excluded?
Thanks anon for the comments! So I'll say that the new cabinets in TH-U are so amazing, and sound really great. The mic options and positioning is spot on.

However, the industry standard OwnHammer Cabs we chose will definitely add some incredible sound and versatility as well!

But if you really want to use your own IRs, then we'll have special upgrade offers to the full TH-U and I'll be thrilled to get a lot of Everything Bundle members upgrading because the extra content is amazing and the Overloud team deserves it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha View Post
Hold the phone, so this can use Kemper profiles ITB? Because that would be HUGE
HUUUUUUGE!!!!

Cheers
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks anon for the comments! So I'll say that the new cabinets in TH-U are so amazing, and sound really great. The mic options and positioning is spot on.

However, the industry standard OwnHammer Cabs we chose will definitely add some incredible sound and versatility as well!

But if you really want to use your own IRs, then we'll have special upgrade offers to the full TH-U and I'll be thrilled to get a lot of Everything Bundle members upgrading because the extra content is amazing and the Overloud team deserves it!

HUUUUUUGE!!!!

Cheers
Steven
Thanks for the clarification Steven, I still think to exclude the IR player is a bit off, Please don't allow the Subscription to become a platform for Light/Demo versions that require to pay more to get missing basic essentials, that would ruin the whole deal IMO. Sorry if I'm sounding negative, just concerned this might become a regular marketing strategy, I think that would be a mistake.
Old 24th January 2019
Is this in cooperation with Kemper? I don’t see anything on their own site.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

The kemper part is by far the most interesting part about this to me. Would love to know what the conversion process would be, and also how close it gets.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinated View Post
The kemper part is by far the most interesting part about this to me. Would love to know what the conversion process would be, and also how close it gets.
It's intriguing isn't it, If it can play Kemper Profiles and not lose anything in the transfer then that will be very cool.
Old 24th January 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Thanks for the clarification Steven, I still think to exclude the IR player is a bit off, Please don't allow the Subscription to become a platform for Light/Demo versions that require to pay more to get missing basic essentials, that would ruin the whole deal IMO. Sorry if I'm sounding negative, just concerned this might become a regular marketing strategy, I think that would be a mistake.
Hi again! I would definitely not classify TH-U Slate Edition as light and especially not demo because it comes with so much great content including most of the best amps, ALL the RIG Player amp rigs, tons of effects, all the microphones, AND it even adds an additional 15 OwnHammer cabs.

But, there are certainly some great additions to be had in the full version and we'll certainly encourage our members to upgrade because it'll be well worth it!

So I think it's a win/win for everyone. And man.... those RIG Player amps!!!!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi again! I would definitely not classify TH-U Slate Edition as light and especially not demo because it comes with so much great content including most of the best amps, ALL the RIG Player amp rigs, tons of effects, all the microphones, AND it even adds an additional 15 OwnHammer cabs.

But, there are certainly some great additions to be had in the full version and we'll certainly encourage our members to upgrade because it'll be well worth it!

So I think it's a win/win for everyone. And man.... those RIG Player amps!!!!

Cheers,
Steven
I was being unfair saying Demo, I apologise, I don't think for a minute it's a demo, Its a great addition, I just wish (and IMO think it should) have included the IR player, but it's cool we will see how it goes, looking forward to trying the RIG Player amps.
Old 24th January 2019
Gear Nut

I didn't use much of the s-gear and also not much of the Verb that was replaced back then, but the concept of stuff disappearing from the bundle is really making me afraid. I like to be able to go back to projects much later. Slate should announce the stuff that is for momentary use, due to limited contracts, so i can print it or just don't use it. With Waves and UAD plug ins etc. i can open projects from way back.
Old 24th January 2019

Thank you, that is a fair criticism. So in that case I will say with transparency that S-Gear was the last third party plugin deal we made that would allow it to leave the bundle. All other third-party deals have security because we realize how important that is to our users.

I will be at the booth tomorrow and we have some great guitars. I can’t wait for you all to hear what this plugin can do!

Steven

Last edited by Steven Slate; 24th January 2019 at 11:53 PM..
Old 24th January 2019
Relieved

Seriously, goodbye S Gear hello amp modeling. I love Bias Amp for the amount of power it gives me for tone shaping but the interface feels like crap. This new guitar sim looks incredible and INSPIRING which goes a long way when creating tone.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search