The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Slate Overloud TH-U Slate Edition - Amp Rig Captures In The Box & Much More
Old 25th October 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw2nw View Post
Thank god for that email today, otherwise I would have missed the news on S-Gear.

MAN i'm bummed to miss it. It ended up on 2-3 sessions/day over the last couple years for demos.
Same here. You would think Slate and/or Scuffman would put out some type of promotion to get us transitioned.

I realize things happen, but this puts a bad taste in my mouth on both fronts.
Old 26th October 2019
Anyone tried the new bass amp rigs?
Will download tonight and try if time is nice to me
Old 27th October 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
I would turn on automation and instantiate the set value for "sag" then turn off automation write and leave automation read on. That should work, while flipping through presets every time you play from your "0" point it should snap to the one automated value.
Thank you, I will give it a try!
Old 4 weeks ago
vns
Gear Head

I am having the levels problem too.

If I want the level to hit the green zone I need to increase the instrument input level gain in my audio interface too much, the level meters in my daw show that the signal is clipping....I am using Reaper.

So...how do you guys get the right level into the VST? This is actually crucial to get the right tones from the presets...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vns View Post
So...how do you guys get the right level into the VST? This is actually crucial to get the right tones from the presets...
My rme interface shows it clipping with an indicator light. I back off a bit from there.....about 1 o clock for me.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by brockorama View Post
My rme interface shows it clipping with an indicator light. I back off a bit from there.....about 1 o clock for me.
Yeah same here.
But have you seen the setting for humbuckers/single coils. I always forget to check that before recording.
Maybe that will help
Old 4 weeks ago
vns
Gear Head

Yes, I have seen the sensitivy low/high setting.

I wonder how hard do you strum your strings to get in the green zone.

I do the same thing, just roll back from clipping until I get my peaks in a safe zone. Then if I check the level in TH-U I have to hit the strings really hard (way harder than I usually do set the input levels in my DAW) to get into the green zone...

I think it would be better if they specify the appropriate input level in dBs
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

upgrade?

Is there a reasonable upgrade path for slate customers to the full version? The price on the Overloud web site seems a bit high to me.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2studios View Post
Is there a reasonable upgrade path for slate customers to the full version? The price on the Overloud web site seems a bit high to me.
Yes. Contact TH-U they will give you instructions. I upgraded since I decided not to renew my sub.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwave View Post
Yes. Contact TH-U they will give you instructions. I upgraded since I decided not to renew my sub.
Oh really? This is good news.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I am looking at some BF rig packs.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am looking at some BF rig packs.
OF COURSE.

I’m looking at the really nice deals on a perpetual TH-U license too.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
OF COURSE.

I’m looking at the really nice deals on a perpetual TH-U license too.
Sounds great Ragan. I went TH-U full as well.

I have the choptones Vocs 30. Love it !

The rest is hard cuz my tastes are all over the road.

british 59
british 89
american classics
fried
pivy
mesa

I dunno. The demos sound great on everything. These rigs are delicious.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hey guys, sorry I don't know if it was discussed in this thread, but are Choptone amps usable with 3rd party IR cabinets? (i.e. OwnHammer) I'll probably jump on some of them (Vai, 59R, maybe something else too) anyway, but I remember there were mentions that some Rig Player amps are incompatible with IRs. But are Choptones the same way?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if you still get the generic, IR loader cab in the non-full TH-U packages? I don’t want or need a million models of boutique high gain stuff. On the modeling side I mostly only use the Vox and Bassman. And I already have several rig libraries. But once I’m out of Slate land I still want to be able to load third party IRs. Looking at the “TH-U Funk and R&B” option which is like $50. They don’t list the IR cab in the features of any of the stripped down TH-Us but I can’t imagine it’s not in there?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
Hey guys, sorry I don't know if it was discussed in this thread, but are Choptone amps usable with 3rd party IR cabinets? (i.e. OwnHammer) I'll probably jump on some of them (Vai, 59R, maybe something else too) anyway, but I remember there were mentions that some Rig Player amps are incompatible with IRs. But are Choptones the same way?
No, not usable at all until they provide direct amp profiles
Steven Slate said they were going to look into it almost a year ago - but they never did.

switching off cabinet inside the profile leaves you with this awful halfbaked sound which sounds nothing like a direct out from a tube amp, so putting another IR on top of it doesnt sound good at all (muddy lows and closed highend - mot quite but almost like 2 cabs in series)
switching around built-in cabs works better though - just like on kemper.

btw kemper used to be the exact way until they started doing direct amp profiles
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Does anyone know if you still get the generic, IR loader cab in the non-full TH-U packages? I don’t want or need a million models of boutique high gain stuff. On the modeling side I mostly only use the Vox and Bassman. And I already have several rig libraries. But once I’m out of Slate land I still want to be able to load third party IRs. Looking at the “TH-U Funk and R&B” option which is like $50. They don’t list the IR cab in the features of any of the stripped down TH-Us but I can’t imagine it’s not in there?
Unfortunately no ... I own the Rock version, and it doesn't have an IR Loader either.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Unfortunately no ... I own the Rock version, and it doesn't have an IR Loader either.
Oh bummer. That’s lame.

Can you load your own IRs into the Rig Player, do you know?

Last edited by Ragan; 1 week ago at 06:30 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Just use the free NadIR or something for your IR duties.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massan View Post
No, not usable at all until they provide direct amp profiles
Steven Slate said they were going to look into it almost a year ago - but they never did.

switching off cabinet inside the profile leaves you with this awful halfbaked sound which sounds nothing like a direct out from a tube amp, so putting another IR on top of it doesnt sound good at all (muddy lows and closed highend - mot quite but almost like 2 cabs in series)
switching around built-in cabs works better though - just like on kemper.

btw kemper used to be the exact way until they started doing direct amp profiles
Interesting. Trying to load a cab ir from ownhammer with rig player crashed my DAW with THU full.

So you are saying the profiles from choptones etc should use it's own cab only?

Don't shut the cab off an add a cab ir module? I guess that was my mistake and it caused a crash.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh bummer. That’s lame.

You you load your own IRs into the Rig Player, do you know?
Wow, I did not know! Is it possible to open IR through Rig Player?

I use Fractal Cab Lab right now.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmanoel View Post
Wow, I did not know! Is it possible to open IR through Rig Player?

I use Fractal Cab Lab right now.
Sorry, I mistyped that. I meant it to say "Can you load...?"

I don't know the answer. There is a cab section in the Rig Player and it lets you switch between cabs but (at least in stock config) only the cabs of other TH-U rigs. If you could load your own IRs into that section of the rig player that would solve the problem of Overloud not including the convolver/IR cab in anything less than TH-U Full.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Interesting. Trying to load a cab ir from ownhammer with rig player crashed my DAW with THU full.

So you are saying the profiles from choptones etc should use it's own cab only?

Don't shut the cab off an add a cab ir module? I guess that was my mistake and it caused a crash.
no, you can switch the cab off in the rig player, the function is there just like on kemper.
but it doesnt lead to satisfying results because the profiles are not direct, meaning that switching the cab off results in artificial odd sound which doesnt represent how the real amp sounds direct.

you get strange artifacts, lowmid bump resonance and restrained high end
putting a 3rd party cabinet on top of it doesnt make things better as you would expect.

much better option is to change cabs within the rig player, just cabs from other rig player profiles
it works much better for some reason
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
much better option is to change cabs within the rig player, just cabs from other rig player profiles
Thanks Massan. Yes I figured that out......seems very versatile with those cab choices.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Anyone got recs for good crunch tones/IRs? Don't mind plunking down a few bucks. Finally transitioning my S-Gear to this and coming up short on good crunch/dirty-clean tones.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hw2nw View Post
Anyone got recs for good crunch tones/IRs? Don't mind plunking down a few bucks. Finally transitioning my S-Gear to this and coming up short on good crunch/dirty-clean tones.
Try the Vox cranked into the OH 412 ZLCS V30 OH1-05 IR (it's an Ownhammer IR that comes with the Slate version of TH-U).

The Vox and the Bassman will do really nice broken up/overdrive tones. Just sweep through all the Ownhammer IRs. Which one works is really dependent on what guitar you're playing.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
no, you can switch the cab off in the rig player, the function is there just like on kemper.
but it doesnt lead to satisfying results because the profiles are not direct, meaning that switching the cab off results in artificial odd sound which doesnt represent how the real amp sounds direct.

you get strange artifacts, lowmid bump resonance and restrained high end
putting a 3rd party cabinet on top of it doesnt make things better as you would expect.

Thank you for the response and the tip about switching between Choptones' other cabs! Considering the variety and combinations of mics and cabs should be very nice. Got 3 libraries which have more than 200 quite differently sounding profiles in total... Great value! But anyway hope they'll come up with some direct amp profiles which would be usable with 3rd party IRs.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

If we already own TH-U Full, and want that Champ?

Steve Slate. If we already own TH-U Full? What about that new champ amp and does other rig player profiles in Slate version. Are they available for us TH-U Full users, or only for users with the Slate version? Or can we purchase does extra that already only have TH-U Full? How can I get it?

I have to say, I did not originally like TH-U. But Using does choptones packs made my decision about how good it is, and that the Rig Player is a game changer in the amp sim world.

That made me want that champ amp you profiled for the Rig Player that Slate edition give away to theyr TH-U slate version users. Always dreamed about the champ amp. Or are does already in the TH-U Full. Sorry for asking this, I'm just jumping in to this new TH-U Full amp sim, and so in love with the Rig Player. Have no words for it.

So how should I get the champ amp? Do I need to get into slate subscription to get that champ amp Slate version to the the Rig Player in the TH-U Full? I'm mainly after the Rig Player profile. And are there any thing more worth mention I would get that are not in the TH-U Full.

How many Rig Profile are out for the Slate version that you might not find in the TH-U Full?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I would love to get some ampeg bass rig files.

Has anyone done any?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianblack8 View Post
Thank you for the response and the tip about switching between Choptones' other cabs! Considering the variety and combinations of mics and cabs should be very nice. Got 3 libraries which have more than 200 quite differently sounding profiles in total... Great value! But anyway hope they'll come up with some direct amp profiles which would be usable with 3rd party IRs.
yes thats what we all hope for
because 1000s of captured and purchased IRs I know and love lie dormant until Slate/Overloud/Choptones start releasing direct profiles (which they're able to do btw)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search